Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast EP 9 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 24158 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Thank goodness for the elimination.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Thank goodness for the elimination.

BOO!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ashley is assembling her instrument. Ally says she knows that they're in last. She says it's disappointing that they started out the leg so well and now they're in last. Ashley finishes the roadblock. Ally says she doesn't want it to end because they've been having so much fun...

Ally & Ashley run to the mat... They're the last team to arrive... And they've been eliminated from the race. :ascared They're so happy that they've been to 7 countries. And they say that they've made friends with Afghanimals. They say that their goal was to be top 5 and have fun, and they say they accomplished it. :hrt:

Pit stop:
1st - Leo & Jamal
2nd - Tim & Marie
3rd - Jason & Amy
4th - Travis & Nicole
5th - Ally & Ashley (ELIMINATED)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ice girls totally deserved to be eliminated. And Jamy totally personify the concept of Honor Before Reason
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

Marie meets her match with snakes... "I'm not eating a snake."

Teams are applying makeup to each other?

Leo & Jamal reach the end of their rope... They've having trouble finding something in a field...

Offline Quoc Nghia

• RFF Not So Newbie
Why did Jamy help Nicole? I want to see her meltdown more.  :funny: I don't like the Ice girls but it's sad to see them gone.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Next leg looks interesting

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
Didn't Jamy want to win? If they did, they wouldn't done it. Now I'm cheering for Tim & Marie to win. I would take the opportunity to get rid Travis & Nicole any day in my life.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Why did Jamy help Nicole? I want to see her meltdown more.  :funny: I don't like the Ice girls but it's sad to see them gone.

I wanted to see the meltdown continue too. :-[ Would have been great drama.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Hats off to Amy. Didn't need to see another scenario where a team destined to lose ends up surviving and winning. Will miss Ashley & Ally, but Travis & Nicole are too good to leave
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Didn't Jamy want to win? If they did, they wouldn't done it. Now I'm cheering for Tim & Marie to win. I would take the opportunity to get rid Travis & Nicole any day in my life.
THIS
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Thanks for a really good job, Polaroid
Matthew 7:15

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
Hats off to Amy. Didn't need to see another scenario where a team destined to lose ends up surviving and winning. Will miss Ashley & Ally, but Travis & Nicole are too good to leave

How about another scenario of boring hockey guys? I can't believe there's anyone call keeping strong teams in the competition is a smart move. I would take the ice girls to the finale any day in my life. They are too weak to get rid.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 08:12:07 PM by alecbaldwin »

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster

How about another scenario of boring hockey guys? I can't believe there's anyone call keeping strong teams in the competition is a smart move. I would take the ice girls to the finale any day in my life. They are too weak to get rid.
I agree. Alliances aside, Jamy should have left Travis & Nicole to their own devices. Jamy hasn't won a leg yet, and it's because the ER docs are still in the Race. Ally and Ashley are a guaranteed last place in the F4. Why WOULDN'T you want to keep them in the Race?!?!?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Quoc Nghia

• RFF Not So Newbie
I think that Jamy was stupid to help ERs but I like to keep them than the girls. They were boring and didn't do anything well the whole race.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
LEG 9 (United Arab Emirates --> Indonesia) Analysis
Indonesia, the country that has provided so many underwhelming Legs, finally comes through! The editing was pretty good and nobody was forgotten (obviously because there are only 5 teams left). I really like how this Leg was unpredictable with team placement changes. The tasks were great at featuring animals (elephant, parakeets, rams) and little details made these tasks a lot more challenging.

DETOUR: For The Birds or For The Elephants
The task design for both choices were pretty good. The Songbird Grand Prix looked easy, but waiting for the transported bird to sing took time which Travis & Nicole eventually cheered it out. The food for the elephants was tough as teams had to have a good balancing act at the zoo to reach the elephant quicker. Better yet, having a good taxi driver was also necessary to transport the sugarcane there or teams may end up like Ally & Ashley. What's with uniforming the Detour-Roadblock style route though?
DETOUR SCORE: 8/10

ROADBLOCK: Anklung Assembling
This was a really good task to be honest. It left Nicole to go against her tip and made her look bad to over 7 to 9 million viewers. (Don't forget the AMA's are on ABC, not hoping for a huge number.) :funny: Making the cute Indonesian kids the judges signatured this task. This task is time-consuming if you didn't have assembly skills or knowing what an octave meant.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 9/10

OTHER RANDOM SCORES:
SOUNDTRACK USE SCORE: 6/10
MARIE-ACTING-LIKE-A-BIT¢H SCORE: 4/10
KARMA SCORE: 10/10
ANIMALS-BEING-ADORABLE SCORE: 9/10 (The rams are the reason why it didn't reach at least 10)
INDONESIAN CHILDREN CUTENESS SCORE: 100/10 :hrt:
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think that Jamy was stupid to help ERs but I like to keep them than the girls. They were boring and didn't do anything well the whole race.
I know, but from a competition standpoint, the teams left have a 1/4 chance of winning 1 million dollars. Jamy would be more likely to win if the Ice Girls were in the Race than if the ER docs were in.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
...What's with uniforming the Detour-Roadblock style route though?...
It gives the show a nice retro vibe
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
...What's with uniforming the Detour-Roadblock style route though?...
It gives the show a nice retro vibe
I agree about the retro part, as it was Detour--> Roadblock for all of the first 3 seasons, and for most of 4. However, whether it is good or not is debateable. I personally prefer it more mixed up, and most of the time, the Roadblocks are more linear than the Detours, making the latter half of the episode more boring (with the exception of Leg 9).

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I agree about the retro part, as it was Detour--> Roadblock for all of the first 3 seasons, and for most of 4. However, whether it is good or not is debateable. I personally prefer it more mixed up, and most of the time, the Roadblocks are more linear than the Detours, making the latter half of the episode more boring (with the exception of Leg 9).
This, a mix of Roadblock-Detour with Detour-Roadblock is a lot more unpredictable. Remember when Aja & Ty thought they were most likely in last in New Zealand after the Detour, and apparently Marisa & Brooke took a longer time at the kiwi stomp? I love team reactions to find out they aren't last after a Detour.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
This, a mix of Roadblock-Detour with Detour-Roadblock is a lot more unpredictable. Remember when Aja & Ty thought they were in last in New Zealand after the Detour, and apparently Marisa & Brooke took a longer time at the kiwi stomp? I love team reactions to find out they aren't last after a Detour.
I agree completely!
Another example could be in All-Stars Leg 5 (Maputo, Mozambique) when Charla & Mirna, Dustin & Kandice, and Teri & Ian jumped from the middle/pack of the pack to the front (by far) by choosing the better Detour.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:tu Polaroid!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
First of all, can't believe Indonesia provides us with one of the best leg this season  :hoot:

usually Indonesian legs are straight forward. But knowing the fact that two teams that were actually one hour behind could catch up in the middle of tasks, and not because of a traffic jam or their taxi getting lost or something, really speaks volume on how well-designed this leg actually was 

The Goat-Fighting was okay. It shows culture I suppose

The Detour was good, both sides had a quite clear objective. Although in "for the elephants" detour, I wonder how far is the market from the zoo? It can't be too far, especially when you need to bring sugar canes in a taxi, a TAXI! The sugar canes could hit some of the cars on the street, and that ain't gonna look good.

The Roadblock was great!!!
It changes the whole placements almost completely!
Ass-animals went from 2nd to 1st. Not stoked about it but anyway, good for them.
Timarie went from 4th to 2nd
Jamy still were at 3rd, but actually they passed Tracole in this task whom went from 1st to 4th
And the Icegirls could possibly catch up if Amy just left Nicole out in the cold.

We need to see who wins this whole thing. If Tracole ends up bringing the whole money home, then Jamy should look back at this particular leg and better start to rethink their "goody-two-shoes-we-want-to-help-our-friend" thing that they kept doing cause this leg could possibly be their only shot at sending Tracole home.

Well unless Jamy won this season, then they probably could get in line with Josh and Brent to become one the nicest teams to ever win the race
 ;)

The pit-stop was good. Phil said it was what, 4300 feet above sea level? or 43000?   :ascared
and thank god it was an elimination (i called it before folks) cause the whole fiasco that's happening in this leg was too good to make it a non elimination

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
btw, after they finished the RB, Tracole got into a car instead of a taxi...
while other teams used taxis

what's happening there?

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
I really don't know what to think about this leg...

I found the Ram task little bit pointless, nice culture reference but little bit pointless... it just separated the teams and created a tense moment between the back of the pack... I think I answer my own question...

I really like the detour just because it was a simple concept but it was nice to show off both Elephants and also that bird cage market looked so cool to just be a bird cage market O.o

LOVED the roadblock, I wish I was the one doing it... that leads me to how I have more respect for Tim, because of his musical background and how he and Marie talk instead of scream before doing it

Ice girls totally deserved to be eliminated. And Jamy totally personify the concept of Honor Before Reason

It was Ally&Ashley time to go home, they ran more than they probably should've... Also Amy helping Nicole, I understand why she did it, Nicole was struggling really hard with the roadbloack when she just needed to keep it together and looking at it from a different perspective, I guess it just wasn't clicking for her...

I'll say this again though, I'm a bit disssapointed for both Travis attitude of "embarrassment" to Nicole instead of being supportive to his partner and Nicole performance in the roadblock... Let's hope is their worst leg, although I think we have seen this coming from Leg 1 taxi mistake or Leg 2 with the roadblock where she also lost her cool...

I just can't stand Leo&Jamal anymore, I know they are having fun with the race and everything but they are so annyoing for me, I just can't stand them...