Author Topic: TAR 23 Ep 10 "Cobra in My Teeth" Bandung, Indonesia  (Read 49461 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: TAR 23 Ep 10 "Cobra in My Teeth" Bandung, Indonesia
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2013, 10:16:02 AM »
I think it is a KOR-leg :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:

Could you please explain what KOR stands for?  I know what NEL and TBC stand for, but not KOR.

KOR = Keep on race, same as TBC

Except that in a KOR leg, the first team gets a prize, there is a greeter, Phil talks with you, but instead of being eliminated or given a speed bump, the last team gets to run off and keep racing.

KOR really sounds confusing. I had to figure it out by myself the 1st time. Even guests or newbies get confused with KOR. According to some, KOR could mean Korea, etc... Which is why I use TBC instead of KOR. :)

Except a TBC is not a KOR. They do have the same basic effect though.

A Keep on Racing leg is a normal leg. Teams are checked in 1, 2, 3.....etc. Prize is awarded for first place. Then a team/s are told to keep on racing, ie, it is a zero hour pit stop. In a TBC, the same leg is just continued...A KOR has two separate legs.

I do realize there is a subtle difference. Maybe a better definition is that a TBC is just a very long leg with a midpoint that Phil hands out a clue.  A KOR is two separate legs without a pit stop between them or a zero hour pit stop. A good example of a KOR is Leg 1/2 or TAR 18, which you can find on YouTube if you want to see it.

Thanks for explaining it all to me!

Offline inilham

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Bukan Traveler
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2013, 04:31:51 PM »

Could you please explain what KOR stands for?  I know what NEL and TBC stand for, but not KOR.

Except that in a KOR leg, the first team gets a prize, there is a greeter, Phil talks with you, but instead of being eliminated or given a speed bump, the last team gets to run off and keep racing.

KOR really sounds confusing. I had to figure it out by myself the 1st time. Even guests or newbies get confused with KOR. According to some, KOR could mean Korea, etc... Which is why I use TBC instead of KOR. :)

A Keep on Racing leg is a normal leg. Teams are checked in 1, 2, 3.....etc. Prize is awarded for first place. Then a team/s are told to keep on racing, ie, it is a zero hour pit stop. In a TBC, the same leg is just continued...A KOR has two separate legs.

I do realize there is a subtle difference. Maybe a better definition is that a TBC is just a very long leg with a midpoint that Phil hands out a clue.  A KOR is two separate legs without a pit stop between them or a zero hour pit stop. A good example of a KOR is Leg 1/2 or TAR 18, which you can find on YouTube if you want to see it.

And the example for TBC is in TAR 21 when James and Abba lost their bags In Russia.
Go go Afghanimals!!

#TeamSeattle - TAR: 7 Continents!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2013, 07:18:24 PM »

And the example for TBC is in TAR 21 when James and Abba lost their bags In Russia.

Ok I get it now, but TAR21 with the rockers was not a TBC :crazy: , it was a NEL. A TBC would be something like TAR9 Leg 3, with Wanda & Desiree going home.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
Another good example of a classic TBC is TAR 14 Leg 10a (TV episode 10) and Leg 10b (TV Episode 11) in Beijing. Many people use the term "Superleg" to cover all the different permutations.
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2013, 08:46:54 PM »
Another term we use around here is "Rolling pitstop."  Examples of this is TAR 16 Leg 5. As soon as the last team checked in at the mat in Hamburg, production put all the teams on a bus and they had an overnight bus ride to Les Monthairons, France where they were released to do Leg 6. Also Leg 2 in TAR 18. At the end of Leg 2, teams boarded an overnight train back to Sydney. Teams were released for Leg 3 from a mat in the Sydney train station.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2013, 09:09:30 PM »
Rather confusing and extensive stuff, but I guess it doesn't matter to the average viewer. Especially when there isn't a SB or a boot.  Though, based on the footage, I have to agree that it's likely a NEL. Still not a fan of putting a NEL a week before the finale (which was done last year, as well as in seasons 1, 4-6)
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2013, 05:10:41 AM »
Believe it or not, Season 3 had a NEL in the F3, with no penalty.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2013, 05:25:08 AM »
There were no penalties in earlier seasons for NELs at all. Same happened in TAR 4, for example.

Anyways, we are going offtopic, haha

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2013, 07:07:04 AM »
if there's a final 3 NEL, there has to be a speed bump in the final leg. Which I find is ridiculous cause it's the final leg, where the routes and challenges assigned to all the finalists have to be the same to make sure its fairness. I don't know about old seasons but that's why we never see a detour on the final leg.  :)

Well unless it's a KOR for Leg 11-Leg 12, but still ridiculous...  :crazy:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2013, 07:30:47 AM »
Last time there was a NEL in F3 was season 4, IIRC. So, we should not take that. I see F4 running in Japan, where the last one is eliminated, and they head back to US for the final leg. It was quite a big shock for everybody to not have that NEL last leg, so it would be a major shock if it is not also this coming leg.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2013, 08:09:56 AM »
Why are you talking about this ? Has any of you checked the live sightings? This leg is NEL. We had pics of the F4 in Japan. Timmarie at Narita airport with Jamy; and Afghanimals, Docs and Jamy doing a task at Shibuya:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28799.msg906761.html#msg906761

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28799.msg893268.html#msg893268

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2013, 09:46:40 AM »
Last time there was a NEL in F3 was season 4, IIRC. So, we should not take that. I see F4 running in Japan, where the last one is eliminated, and they head back to US for the final leg. It was quite a big shock for everybody to not have that NEL last leg, so it would be a major shock if it is not also this coming leg.

Actually, Season 9 had the final NEL within the final 3.  Back then, it was the norm, with 7 of those nine seasons (TAR8 was twice in length).

Anyway, the sightings Alenaveda linked to pretty much end the fact that it's a boot leg.  Wasn't expecting it, but thinking of the possibility.  IMO, it comes down to whether it's a true NEL, or if it ends with Phil saying KOR.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2013, 12:11:28 PM »
PRESS PICS!

Marie in Season 23 Episode 10
In this Road Block, Marie (pictured) must hard boil six white and six brown eggs in a steaming, volcanic spring on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

This roadblock is located at Domas crater. http://www.fotopedia.com/items/jmhullot-S-P_G6tmW7o

it's easy roadblock, unless they have to climb and find the egg shop at Ratu crater, which is 1,2 km away from Domas crater  :funny:
i've been there before. Last time i visited Tangkuban Perahu volcano (July) i didn't go to Domas crater because i don't want to repeat my bad experience ten years ago. in 2003 i walked down from Ratu crater to Domas crater to boil some eggs. I didn't know the distance at that time.  i walked up and down 2,4 km. My legs and thighs hurted so bad. It must be hard for the racers if they don't have physical ability. But Marie is an athletic person, so i don't think she has a problem
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 08:45:50 AM by Nyoman_SB1 »

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »
If that's true, then it will be lovely to see when they didn't boil the eggs enough and had to walk up to take more eggs. :lol:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2013, 08:20:21 AM »
How far is Domas Crater from the Volcano? (sorry, I can't spell that volcano's name at all)
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2013, 08:55:19 AM »

This is the parking lot. From here to Domas Crater, you have to go down +/-  1,2 km. but i don't know, maybe there is a short cut now.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2013, 09:44:10 AM »
Thanks Nyoman!! Cool info! Hope Amy doesn't have to do it with a hurt ankle!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2013, 10:04:14 AM »

Jason does the RB in the crater according to CBS photos

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2013, 10:20:52 AM »

Jason does the RB in the crater according to CBS photos

I see Travis and Marie...are there some new pics out??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2013, 10:31:26 AM »
^ Sorry my mistake. I thought I had seen Jason at the crater but obviously I was mistaken.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2013, 10:34:42 AM »
All is good, I went hunting and did find one more press pic!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2013, 10:54:36 AM »
Marie looked pretty happy while applying make up to Tim! :funny:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2013, 11:15:43 AM »
Marie tweeted this:

Reebs ‏@Reebsicle 1h

Don't forget to tune in to @AmazingRace_CBS tonight for the one and only time you'll see me cry lol #teamexes #timandmarie
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2013, 12:27:48 PM »
and she replied my tweet:

- yea lol. I can't even eat a hamburger so a snake was too much to handle.. I was just overwhelmed with emotions..

-  I think I even say "I dunno why I'm crying.." It sort of just happened haha

;) ;) ;)

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2013, 08:50:10 AM »
The season's first-to-last curse strikes back :lol: Hopefully Jamy survives next leg!
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight