Author Topic: TAR 23 Ep 10 "Cobra in My Teeth" Bandung, Indonesia  (Read 49441 times)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 23 Ep 10 "Cobra in My Teeth" Bandung, Indonesia
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 11:13:30 PM »
i think the eating cobras thing is a roadblock and it was AFTER the whole makeup thingy
marie seems to still have some leftover blush-on on her face on the preview ...

if they actually have to eat cobra... what in the world was that!!!!   :gaah:

Welcome to Southeast Asia  :hrt:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 11:14:53 PM »
If the snake task is a roadblock, I will laugh so hard. Marie insisted Tim do last legs roadblock, which FORCES HER TO DO THIS ROADBLOCK!  :funny:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 11:19:30 PM »
Could the Tea Leaves be the fast forward? That looks real hard and something a fast forward would be.

I don't think it would be a fast forward. A leg with a fast forward is always an elimination leg, right? and this leg is clearly a non elimination. I think it's one side of the detour, and the other side is the one with the makeups. Leo and Jamal are definitely not putting makeup on each other
 :funny:

Phil had me at "Marie meets her match", and then cobras pop up
 :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Looking forward to this leg  :)

Season 20 had a Fast-Forward on a non-e leg...

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 11:40:24 PM »
I'd be surprised if eating the cobras was a Roadblock or a FF, EVERYONE is doing it :lol: :barf

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Br6bJ2bKQqI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Br6bJ2bKQqI</a>
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 11:43:25 PM by ovalorange »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 12:26:25 AM »
Eating cooked cobra is not as bad as drinking a cup of wine with cobra's heart in it :D

Offline Quoc Nghia

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 12:35:11 AM »
I'd be surprised if eating the cobras was a Roadblock or a FF, EVERYONE is doing it :lol: :barf

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Br6bJ2bKQqI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Br6bJ2bKQqI</a>
I used to eat snake, not cobra but it's really good. :D

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2013, 12:51:12 AM »
The makeup challenge looks like for Javanese wedding. Compare with this:

they are in Bandung, so it's Sundanese not Javanese. Do you think it's wedding Kamineko? coz i never saw a man wearing "konde" in his head  :funny:
i think they dressed like Jaipong dancers
Yeah, that's what made me confused too. :P I thought it's for wedding because the ornament that looks like extra hair that they attached on their forehead. :P
And damn! Jason looks fabulous compared to Amy. :funny:

I still think it was indeed a local traditional wedding make up guys, just with both team members have to replicate the woman make up only, not the man, because the man didn't required much makeovers, instead, some men even go shirtless on their wedding reception :lol:
Actually I hoped for they dressed-up completely, not just the make-up. Although I can't imagine for Leo & Jamal doing that. :funny:

Jason for Queen of Drag Queens tbh <3
THIS!
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2013, 01:02:27 AM »
This is when I'm glad I'm not racing xD

Cobra eating? Really? It looks like an active route marker for me, everyone is doing it...

I think the make up and tea leaves are the detour, think about it, what's a way to make the teams go for a ridiculous task, have them choose between that or a needle in a hay stack kind of task, a Fast Forward this late in the race don't make sense to me, and don't remember ever having one at this point, but I don't have the best memory so...  :crazy:

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2013, 01:18:00 AM »

Season 20 had a Fast-Forward on a non-e leg...

really? oh wow I guess I forgot ...

but still, Marie had some makeup leftover on the cobra location so I assume it was not a fast forward since Tracole and Jamy were also doing the makeup thing...

This is when I'm glad I'm not racing xD

Fast Forward this late in the race don't make sense to me, and don't remember ever having one at this point, but I don't have the best memory so...  :crazy:

this. actually I remember now there's a shaving head fast forward in India on season 20 that appeared like what, in leg 9 or 10. But there's still 5 teams remaining at that point. In this case there's only four teams remaining. So yes it now seems a little too late for one but we'll see

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 01:29:17 AM »
The Amazing Race - Cobra In My Teeth (Preview)

The Amazing race teams are going to have King Cobra, one of the most feared and deadly snakes in the world, for dinner, Sunday, 8:30/7:30c! Only CBS

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/Br6bJ2bKQqI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/Br6bJ2bKQqI</a>

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 01:31:59 AM »
They have to wear their makeup for the rest of the leg just like in China pls <3
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2013, 02:59:20 AM »

Is this gonna be their first eating-a-local-delicacy task other than the global food of doughnuts?!
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 05:46:15 AM »
Seems that Leo & Jamal will got NELed?  :yess:

I think the Cobra eating challenge will be before the detour because i think they need to wear the makeup until the pitstop
not to mention i'm pretty sure it will take a while to take off that hair decoration thing we called "konde"

So maybe Cobra eating -> RB -> Detour ?
I'am now and forever post-love

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2013, 07:12:23 AM »
On preview 0.22 you can see a man wearing shirt King Cobra House Bandung.

I try to find it on Google but I only find Istana Raja Kobra in Cicalengka, Lembang http://wikimapia.org/24374222/Istana-Raja-Cobra
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2013, 10:51:34 AM »
*Clue Info (Route Info or Roadblock):  "Eat King Cobra for dinner."
Me:  AACCCKKKK!!!!!*

The idea of eating a poisonous snake for dinner would pretty much terrify me!  Besides, I wouldn't be good at eating tasks -- I'm a finicky eater.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2013, 11:03:58 AM »
Seems that Leo & Jamal will got NELed?  :yess:

YES PLEASE!!! Them or Tracole.
As long as Jamy and Timarie don't come in last in the next couple legs I'll set up a happy camp  ;)

Offline Norwegian Boy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »
This leg's cobra eating challenge could be like the roadblock in The Amazing Race Norge 1, when teams visited Vietnam in leg 5. They had to choose a cobra snake, and then they had to prepare and consume snake wine with the blood and bile. They also had to eat the cobra itself, which can be what the contestants need to do here. :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 12:01:23 PM by Norwegian Boy »

Offline Norwegian Boy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2013, 11:56:56 AM »
This leg's cobra eating challenge could be like the roadblock in The Amazing Race Norge 1, when teams visited Vietnam in leg 5. They had to choose a cobra snake, and then they had to prepare and consume snake wine with the blood and bile. They also had to eat the cobra itself, which can be what the contestants need to do here.  :)

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2013, 12:26:57 PM »
Wow the tasks look exciting! You know what, I think it's been a long time since I find this kind of crazy food challenge in TAR again, the memory of TAR5 ostrich egg and cavier are coming back!!

But I am a bit lost with the new preview, so it suggests that the cobra eating is basically an active route marker as I saw all team members are eating it? But with the coverage of Tim/Marie discussing RB strategy this leg, it seems quite ironic and makes good TV if Marie turns out she has to do this RB about eating cobra! Could it still be a RB but the non-RBer has to eat other things/parts instead of the cobra itself?

Also, from the preview, we can see Jason/Amy and Leo/Jamal are together at same time, are Nicole/Travis also there at the same time? It's not very clear from the preview, but it seems quite possible that Tim/Marie are not with any of them in the shots?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2013, 01:10:11 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, Norwegian Boy!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2013, 01:51:39 PM »
It looks like the cobra challenge is before the RB and Detour.
Spec- I think that it will be Pit Start--> Cobra Eating --> Volcano --> Fields or Makeup --> Roadblock --> Pit Stop
The Cobra will be in Bandung, and then teams race around the mountains near Bandung, with the Pit Stop in Lembang or Sari Ater.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2013, 02:32:43 PM »
Caps.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 02:41:43 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »
More caps.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 02:47:41 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2013, 02:58:18 PM »
Wow the tasks look exciting! You know what, I think it's been a long time since I find this kind of crazy food challenge in TAR again, the memory of TAR5 ostrich egg and cavier are coming back!!

But I am a bit lost with the new preview, so it suggests that the cobra eating is basically an active route marker as I saw all team members are eating it? But with the coverage of Tim/Marie discussing RB strategy this leg, it seems quite ironic and makes good TV if Marie turns out she has to do this RB about eating cobra! Could it still be a RB but the non-RBer has to eat other things/parts instead of the cobra itself?

Also, from the preview, we can see Jason/Amy and Leo/Jamal are together at same time, are Nicole/Travis also there at the same time? It's not very clear from the preview, but it seems quite possible that Tim/Marie are not with any of them in the shots?

Is an Active Route Marker. If you check on caps 35, 37 and 38, you can see the blue clue.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2013, 03:33:12 PM »
So from the caps we can see that the afghanimals, the doctors and Jamy are all together while eating the cobra, while Tim & Marie seem to be siting at the same spot as the Afghanimals but all alone.