Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 534274 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1675 on: April 01, 2014, 12:41:13 AM »
This route is def NOT "AllStar's" worthy.

So the route is  :groan: , the cast is  :groan: . What else can make things worse?
About the route, at least they didn't visit Indonesia this season. :lol:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1676 on: April 01, 2014, 04:31:38 PM »
I think with the 9 countries they might be considering Wales and England to be separate countries similar to how they did in Season 22 with Ireland and Scotland

Somehow agree with this.  ???

They did it in TAR 22 with 10 countries being listed as visited with Scotland and Northern Ireland being counted as two different countries. As for the four continents thing, I think they are trying to justify the route saying they visited four continents
I agree with the Wales/England thing. I'm happy that they're going to Wales, but the route is still meh.  :groan:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1677 on: April 02, 2014, 02:15:33 PM »
After putting 'Season 18' for a Joey & Meghan flashback, I wouldn't be surprised  :res: (I will hold that against them forever)
I've heard this once before, but can someone tell me, where and when was this flashback shown? And what was it?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1678 on: April 02, 2014, 02:43:17 PM »
During episode 3 (Joey & Meghan's boot episode) around whey they didn't ask their taxi to wait and they had to walk to find someone to call a taxi.

Offline soladorou

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1679 on: April 09, 2014, 01:11:33 PM »
From the "for what it's worth" dept:  I was in the train station at Orvieto on Nov. 29 last year, and a local mentioned that TAR racers had just been through.  Not sure whether they were getting on or off the train.  Then, an hour or so later, I was in Civita di Bagnoregio, and got the same report.  From a distance, I thought I spotted a yellow/red clue box on the walkway up to the Civita.  By the time I got to the walkway, however, it had been removed.  Once I got into the Civita itself, there were a lot of people milling about and leaving, A/V equipment being broken down, and generally just more activity than the normal tourists.  Again, according to a local, TAR racers had just been there, re-creating a local donkey race in the town piazza.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1680 on: April 09, 2014, 05:07:06 PM »
From the "for what it's worth" dept:  I was in the train station at Orvieto on Nov. 29 last year, and a local mentioned that TAR racers had just been through.  Not sure whether they were getting on or off the train.  Then, an hour or so later, I was in Civita di Bagnoregio, and got the same report.  From a distance, I thought I spotted a yellow/red clue box on the walkway up to the Civita.  By the time I got to the walkway, however, it had been removed.  Once I got into the Civita itself, there were a lot of people milling about and leaving, A/V equipment being broken down, and generally just more activity than the normal tourists.  Again, according to a local, TAR racers had just been there, re-creating a local donkey race in the town piazza.
:conf: Welcome to RFF, soladorou! :conf:

Thanks for sharing the info to all of us. So for now, we're expecting a train ride to Orvieto after the Leg in Rome. A Donkey Palio task will be featured according to a local. Great job!
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1681 on: April 09, 2014, 08:29:22 PM »

And a very BIG :bigwelcome to RFF soladorou! Many thanks for sharing that! What luck to be there!!

I was wondering just what this donkey task would be...I still remember this one (TAR 12) LOL!!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2tX4oYXOAQA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2tX4oYXOAQA</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1682 on: April 09, 2014, 08:36:57 PM »
Let's not forget the donkey detour task in TAR 3 in Mexico, which brought us one of the funniest TAR sequences ever.
-- theschnauzers

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1683 on: April 09, 2014, 09:34:30 PM »
And in TAR6:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eEsBT40F82w?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eEsBT40F82w?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_</a>
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1684 on: April 10, 2014, 10:35:21 AM »
I was wondering just what this donkey task would be...I still remember this one (TAR 12) LOL!!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2tX4oYXOAQA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2tX4oYXOAQA</a>

My favorite one ever!  I still remember how the donkey reacted when Jen told Nate not to yell at it, presumably when it was beginning to slow down.  The donkey's extended hee-haw sounded so much like a laugh that I couldn't help but LOL!   :funny:

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1685 on: April 10, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »
Nah... TAR3 with Ian as the Lord of All driving with Teri leading the donkey, Heather or Eve doing the faceplant when their donkey bolted.
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1686 on: April 10, 2014, 02:38:53 PM »

I though that they where going to Africa in leg 11 this season?

Anybody know if that is true or not????
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1687 on: April 10, 2014, 09:46:20 PM »
Nah... TAR3 with Ian as the Lord of All driving with Teri leading the donkey, Heather or Eve doing the faceplant when their donkey bolted.
Heather's faceplant when the donkey cart disassembled :funny: :funny: I still remember Eve coining the first title quote of TAR3!
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1688 on: April 11, 2014, 06:10:43 AM »

And I'm a girl!  :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1689 on: April 11, 2014, 06:29:01 AM »

We don't think so. No time.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1690 on: April 11, 2014, 10:06:20 PM »

Could the Africa be the penultimate leg? I mean could they go to northern Africa first before going to US after UK?

Offline HollywoodCory

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Follow me on Twitter

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1693 on: April 12, 2014, 11:39:22 PM »
"Accidental" Alliance? Could that be the one with CaroJen U-turning the cowboys?  :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1694 on: April 13, 2014, 12:47:19 AM »

Could the Africa be the penultimate leg? I mean could they go to northern Africa first before going to US after UK?

We don't think so. There is no time in the schedule...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1695 on: April 13, 2014, 12:48:57 AM »
Not sure if this is where to post this, but

Episode 8 title: "Donkeylicious" http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/the-amazing-race-all-stars-2014/episode-8-season-24/the-amazing-race-all-stars/630877

And Episode 9 title: "Accidental Alliance" http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/the-amazing-race-all-stars-2014/episode-9-season-24/the-amazing-race-all-stars/630877

Thanks so much HollywoodCory!! And :welcome: to RFF!

We mostly have been posting these in the Media threads...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1696 on: April 13, 2014, 01:11:19 AM »
Potential Major :spoiler: Below  ???

Show content
Unless CBS plan on doing similar 30 minute interviews with all the remaining teams, I think we have our winners  :wohoo: :conf:

No.

I agree. That would just be awful. It would essentially make me vow not to ever watch any "all-star" season of ANYTHING EVER again! :tantrum
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1697 on: April 13, 2014, 08:09:02 AM »
Just before the Orvieto episode next week I have some spoilers to share, even if it's not a lot.

The following spoiler info and photos come from sprinklensparkle, although unfortunately we have no additional details of the sighting.

Teams were required to travel to Pozzo di S. Patrizio and collect a clue from a bucket at the bottom of the well.

The clue is on the far right in the pic below

Production crew was also spotted outside the Duomo di Orvieto (see street view), which was previously spoiled in the intro caps here. It's possible that the crew was just filming the intro shot, but there are multiple crew members + boom there, so I figured it might be an actual race location.

Awesome! I KNEW that they had to vidi the Pozzo!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1698 on: April 13, 2014, 09:55:39 AM »
Re St Patrick's Well:

This unique well was created because a pope was paranoid about having water
during a feared siege. A double helix, the steps down and down do not intersect
the steps leading up. The citizens of Orvieto used little donkeys to carry the
water up in buckets and make the return journey unimpeded...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-citypage/ColleeninPiegaro/g194843
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #1699 on: April 13, 2014, 08:38:48 PM »
So it's gonna be like this, right?

Why would PHIL and CBS lie to us with the number of countries, continents and miles? It can only turn against them, it brings nothing positive. I dont belive they counted the countries wrong. It would be so amateurish and lame.

I still hope we will be heavily surprised, because there will be some exotic African country included. That would be the only thing to make TAR24's route 'the second worst after TAR8', not the worst at all.  :(

I predict Wrexham will be the site of penultimate leg. Its a largest town in North Wales.