Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 203498 times)

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR INDONESIA...!!!
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1550 on: January 27, 2014, 04:22:59 AM »

"Season 24's 11 returning teams including fan favorites The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, Dave & Connor, and more will travel through four continents and nine countries including China, Malaysia, Italy, and Sri Lanka. In a dramatic twist, one team won't even make it to the starting line! The action begins Sunday, Feb. 23 on CBS."

wait, 4 continents? it means we have Africa this season ...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1551 on: January 27, 2014, 04:23:28 AM »
So from that Entertainment Weekly cast reveal there was a small summary that I found interesting o

"Season 24's 11 returning teams — including fan favorites The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, Dave & Connor, and more — will travel through four continents and nine countries including China, Malaysia, Italy, and Sri Lanka. In a dramatic twist, one team won't even make it to the starting line! The action begins Sunday, Feb. 23 on CBS."

So they did do cast photos for Bopper & Mark AND what I find interesting is that they travel through four continents. It may be a error but who knows the season begins.

The easiest way to get the extra country and continent would be to slide in a quick Morocco visit after Seville. But not sure there is time there. :duno:
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

TARP_Lover

« Reply #1552 on: January 27, 2014, 04:43:46 AM »
So from that Entertainment Weekly cast reveal there was a small summary that I found interesting o

"Season 24's 11 returning teams including fan favorites The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, Dave & Connor, and more will travel through four continents and nine countries including China, Malaysia, Italy, and Sri Lanka. In a dramatic twist, one team won't even make it to the starting line! The action begins Sunday, Feb. 23 on CBS."

So they did do cast photos for Bopper & Mark AND what I find interesting is that they travel through four continents. It may be a error but who knows the season begins.

:res: But hooray if we get Africa <3

Online David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • GO ROCK THE ISLAND <3
« Reply #1553 on: January 27, 2014, 05:45:57 AM »

"Season 24's 11 returning teams — including fan favorites The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, Dave & Connor, and more — will travel through four continents and nine countries including China, Malaysia, Italy, and Sri Lanka. In a dramatic twist, one team won't even make it to the starting line! The action begins Sunday, Feb. 23 on CBS."

The easiest way to get the extra country and continent would be to slide in a quick Morocco visit after Seville. But not sure there is time there. :duno:

What's there between Italy and Spain? I don't think I have found anything about that
Busy, but will come back <3

Offline nmccarroll91

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1554 on: January 27, 2014, 08:23:15 AM »

I'm very surprised they released the cast photo with Bopper instead of Mallory?
Imagine Bopper was racing and we just never spotted him, and Mallory was working with the production crew!!  :funny:

And can we assume that this dramatic start line twist they're talking about is only false spec??  :res:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:26:40 AM by nmccarroll91 »
..... The World is Waiting! .....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1555 on: January 27, 2014, 08:33:37 AM »
???

As we all know, Bopper started the race. He was replaced last minute by Mallory. Pretty straightforward. And exactly what Chateau reported from the start line.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline nmccarroll91

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1556 on: January 27, 2014, 08:40:33 AM »
???

As we all know, Bopper started the race. He was replaced last minute by Mallory. Pretty straightforward. And exactly what Chateau reported from the start line.

Seriously?? :o
I knew Bopper had been asked, but never realised how far into planning he was. I thought he pulled out once he was asked, and they just used Mallory instead.

It'll be interesting to see whether CBS release an updated cast photo featuring Mallory, or what way they'll work it.  ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1557 on: January 27, 2014, 08:50:27 AM »
They'll work it as the Start Line drama. :tup:

Offline nmccarroll91

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1558 on: January 27, 2014, 09:10:24 AM »
They'll work it as the Start Line drama. :tup:

That makes sense!   :conf:

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1559 on: January 27, 2014, 03:17:04 PM »
Bopper will be a great (scary) dramatic start line drama. Then Mallory appears very suddenly(at the airport?), so Mark can race on.

Offline nmccarroll91

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1560 on: January 27, 2014, 04:05:14 PM »
Bopper will be a great (scary) dramatic start line drama. Then Mallory appears very suddenly(at the airport?), so Mark can race on.

The only thing I'm confused on is how they were able to replace Bopper so fast.
They were very lucky to get her on such short notice.
But I'm sooooo happy they did!  :hearts:

Lets face it though, Bopper & Mark need to return a third time, because you can't even count this one as a come back!  :(

Online SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #BNB
« Reply #1561 on: January 27, 2014, 05:13:14 PM »
Even the CBS reveal states 4 continents and 9 nine countries. I wonder where in Africa they went to (If they did go to Africa)
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1562 on: January 27, 2014, 06:13:48 PM »
I sadly don't see how they could squeeze in Africa... Or So America....or Antarctica...or Aus. (Well they could have but for the ill planned Malaysia Substitute legs)...

So where does that leave us? ??? Somebody drinking at work again? :funny:

Offline MrDS

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Dive, Turn, Work
« Reply #1563 on: January 27, 2014, 06:21:57 PM »
Could the Kandy sighting not possibly be rolled up as part of Leg 5 (ie Colombo -> Kandy -> Colombo Rowing Club Pit Stop), or alternatively, a trip somewhere between Italy and Spain? ???
"Is anything in life really an accident?" - Joey Graceffa <3

MDS BIG BROTHER

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1564 on: January 27, 2014, 06:45:29 PM »
Well, we already have two legs Italy....

As best as we can tell on limited info, Kandy looks good.

Online SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #BNB
« Reply #1565 on: January 27, 2014, 07:47:26 PM »
Could we have possibly have a brief half leg in Africa on the way to Europe after Kandy?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!
« Reply #1566 on: January 27, 2014, 09:43:22 PM »
During the first preview of TAR24, you could see someone rappelling on a waterfall with a Travelocity Gnome on their back. Possibly a Roadblock that takes place in Sabah, Malaysia since it is known as a land of beautiful waterfalls.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH October 2014
"I need a doctoro." ~Charla (of Charla & Mirna; season 5, leg 2)

Online SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #BNB
« Reply #1567 on: January 27, 2014, 09:51:16 PM »
During the first preview of TAR24, you could see someone rappelling on a waterfall with a Travelocity Gnome on their back. Possibly a Roadblock that takes place in Sabah, Malaysia since it is known as a land of beautiful waterfalls.

Looks like Cord to me.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1568 on: January 27, 2014, 10:59:49 PM »

From the CBS reveal:
The Race will take them on a mission high above the city in Guangzhou,
China, rappelling down the roaring rapids of the Kiansom Waterfall in
Malaysia
, fighting with Gladiators in Rome, Italy and fueling up
vehicles in Sri Lanka.   

Nice pics: http://waterfallsofmalaysia.com/151kionsom.php

Online SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #BNB
« Reply #1569 on: January 27, 2014, 11:21:30 PM »
From the CBS reveal:
The Race will take them on a mission high above the city in Guangzhou,
China, rappelling down the roaring rapids of the Kiansom Waterfall in
Malaysia, fighting with Gladiators in Rome, Italy and fueling up
vehicles in Sri Lanka.   

Damn CBS. Stealing ideas from my recent fantasy race  :funny: I joke, I joke.

It's Clobbering Time!

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #1570 on: January 28, 2014, 01:18:48 PM »

Apart from Morocco, how about Tunisia? Could they go from Italy to Tunis for example before going to Spain?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1571 on: January 28, 2014, 02:58:31 PM »
That thought occurred to me this morning when I read that Tunisa's Parliament has finished work on a new post-Arab Spring Constitution, which was signed by its interim president and prime minister, and there hasn't been the violence seen in all of its neighbors in the past few months.

Tunisia hasn't been visited since TAR 1 IIRC, so it would make sense if it has been as safe as I'm thinking it has been.
-- theschnauzers

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1572 on: January 28, 2014, 04:17:45 PM »

Apart from Morocco, how about Tunisia? Could they go from Italy to Tunis for example before going to Spain?

Rome-Tunis can be found on Tunisair and Alitalia. Tunisia-Seville would probably require connecting flights back in Europe, which I tend to regard as a good way to shake up the field a little.  And a stable part of North Africa seems like a better way to pick up another continent than a really tight East African leg after Sri Lanka that probably would have required connecting through Dubai. (Though there's enough of a gap that they could have gone Rome-Ethiopia-Spain and had the dates work out, Ethiopia being one of the more stable & safe places in that region with good air access)

Offline Airlines

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Victoria - Slaying your faves probably <3
« Reply #1573 on: January 28, 2014, 05:10:13 PM »
That thought occurred to me this morning when I read that Tunisa's Parliament has finished work on a new post-Arab Spring Constitution, which was signed by its interim president and prime minister, and there hasn't been the violence seen in all of its neighbors in the past few months.

Tunisia hasn't been visited since TAR 1 IIRC, so it would make sense if it has been as safe as I'm thinking it has been.

I thought Morocco was safer than Tunisia but if it's like that Tunisia is an option.
Victoria Rafaeli - BB16 champion hopefully

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1574 on: January 29, 2014, 07:43:35 AM »
If you read through the press releases about this season, they all talk about the new "twist." We all know about a team not passing the starting line, so this got me thinking.

At first, we thought a certain teammate might have been injured or sick or couldn't leave the country for whatever reason. Now, however, I wonder if there is some type of SL task, with the losing team losing a teammate????

I am probably over analyzing the press releases, but sounds interesting.

Custom Search