Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 197819 times)

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1450 on: December 20, 2013, 07:56:20 PM »
1) BvM seems to have a penchant in the even numbered races for highlighting the Christmas season in Central Europe. Starting with TAR14,WRP started filming the race in Nov/Sec for even numbered races.
22 -- Alps Interlaken, Suisse and Berlin
20 -- Alps Torino and Fussen
18 -- Alps Vienna to Salzburg to Zermatt
16 -- Hamburg and Champagne District, France
14 -- Alps Locano and Interlaken, Suisse
12 -- Netherlands, Lithuania, Croatia, and Italy (but this was filmed in summer, not in the Nov/Dec timeframe)

2) BvM also likes to put teams on trains and self drive when in Central Europe. It seems we usually get about a 50% success rate on spotting teams on trains in Europe.

So here is my analysis and speculation.........
Leg 7 is Rome
Leg 8/9  Train from Rome to the Alps (ether Suisse, Bavaria or Austria). It is easy to get to either western or central Suisse or western Austria from Rome. Possible self driving in these legs.
Leg 10 is Seville, Espana
Leg 11  Since they flew from London to the end city (Las Vegas), they probably did this leg in the UK somewhere.
Leg 12 Las Vegas
.  When were they confirmed to have flew to Vegas from london :cmas5

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1451 on: December 20, 2013, 09:11:05 PM »
When were they confirmed to have flew to Vegas from london :cmas5

Taking into consideration you are new here..........

1) London was the only flight connection that fit the timeline for arrival in Las Vegas (check Transportation thread for flights analysis)

but mainly because

2) Peach said so.......
Matthew 7:15

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I'm on probation right now, and please be careful.
    • Apprentice Talker
« Reply #1452 on: December 20, 2013, 10:38:11 PM »
Dr. Rox, what about Morocco? Its getting close to Spain and shares the ferry link between Tangier, Morocco to Algeciras, Spain. Algeciras is few kilometers away southeast of Seville.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1453 on: December 21, 2013, 12:22:37 AM »
Dr. Rox, what about Morocco? Its getting close to Spain and shares the ferry link between Tangier, Morocco to Algeciras, Spain. Algeciras is few kilometers away southeast of Seville.
TAR has been on that ferry in TAR 3, IIRC, and it would be awkward with their filming schedule to have teams in Rome, travel to Tangier for one leg, and then take a ferry to Spain. I'm not sure that is the way production would do it now except as a substitute leg. The pattern in the past ten seasons or so is to plant legs along the way back to the US.
I would not assume that the 11th leg was in the UK (as it was in season 22, btw) simply because the teams flew to LV from London; London could have been the connection from many places in western Europe outside the UK. I'm not saying that anywhere in the UK isn't possible, just that we cannot limit locales to the UK just because teams flew out from London. (As far as it goes, Wales is overdue for a leg now that recent seasons have been to both Northern Ireland and Scotland and no task has ever been filmed in Wales, especially Cardiff, which as some of us know from Torchwood is a beautiful place, and Doctor Who, which marked its 50th anniversary last month, is filmed there and there's both the BBC studio complex and a new Doctor Who Experience meseum there. That would be an interesting locale if TPTB paid attention to the worldwide influence of that show, as they did with Sherlock Holmes in a couple of tasks in London in an earlier TAR season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #BNB
« Reply #1454 on: December 21, 2013, 01:17:32 AM »
TAR has been on that ferry in TAR 3, IIRC, and it would be awkward with their filming schedule to have teams in Rome, travel to Tangier for one leg, and then take a ferry to Spain. I'm not sure that is the way production would do it now except as a substitute leg. The pattern in the past ten seasons or so is to plant legs along the way back to the US.
I would not assume that the 11th leg was in the UK (as it was in season 22, btw) simply because the teams flew to LV from London; London could have been the connection from many places in western Europe outside the UK. I'm not saying that anywhere in the UK isn't possible, just that we cannot limit locales to the UK just because teams flew out from London. (As far as it goes, Wales is overdue for a leg now that recent seasons have been to both Northern Ireland and Scotland and no task has ever been filmed in Wales, especially Cardiff, which as some of us know from Torchwood is a beautiful place, and Doctor Who, which marked its 50th anniversary last month, is filmed there and there's both the BBC studio complex and a new Doctor Who Experience meseum there. That would be an interesting locale if TPTB paid attention to the worldwide influence of that show, as they did with Sherlock Holmes in a couple of tasks in London in an earlier TAR season.

If only TPTB would use other great shows for inspiration for Tasks. Especially in Japan.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Karpov617

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1455 on: December 21, 2013, 03:33:17 AM »
Do you guys think that the boot list that's been going around here is accurate? I chose to not view it yet, but what I gathered is
Show content
Dave & Connor won, while Caroline & Jennifer and Brendon & Rachel/Leo & Jamal are in the Final 3.

I personally hope this is what happened, but what about you guys?

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1456 on: December 21, 2013, 11:27:46 AM »
Do we even know that Seville is leg 10? Could it be the leg 9 with two legs in between it and the finale? Also, I thought I saw somewhere on these boards that there was a leg in Paris, is this true?

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1457 on: December 21, 2013, 11:47:22 AM »
In the live sightings thread, a newspaper in Seville said there were 5 teams racing in the 10th episode. How they come up with the 10th as being the episode number we do not know. We can tell the afghanimals are there. We also see the cowboys and brenchel there, all in the live sightings thread.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1458 on: December 21, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »
It is possible to have 5 teams in leg 10, so long as it is an elimination point, and then there would be 4 teams in leg 11, which is usually the final elimination point in a 12 leg race.

I wouldn't vouch for any boot list at this point because the uncertainty and lack of collaborating evidence. The best I thing we can hope for is a probability, but I doubt we're that far along yet with the general lack of information.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1459 on: December 21, 2013, 12:40:53 PM »
When were they confirmed to have flew to Vegas from london :cmas5

Taking into consideration you are new here..........

1) London was the only flight connection that fit the timeline for arrival in Las Vegas (check Transportation thread for flights analysis)

but mainly because

2) Peach said so.......

Didn't you people also think that Paris was the eleventh leg?

So....

Offline WinTar

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Still Joey & Meghan! <3
« Reply #1460 on: December 22, 2013, 12:27:06 AM »
So can we assume Cowboys, Afghanimals, Country, Brenchel and Father/Son are the F5 per the live sightings?
I'm a mystery you will never find out about.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1461 on: December 22, 2013, 12:54:24 AM »
WinTar, I don't think we can make such an assumption on the current information available. At best, you could offer it as a hypothesis, but that alone is not proof and shouldn't be used as a fact.
We need to find more data, along the lines several of us have been pointing out, to help evaluation all possible explanations, and not just that one.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1462 on: December 22, 2013, 01:37:34 AM »
So can we assume Cowboys, Afghanimals, Country, Brenchel and Father/Son are the F5 per the live sightings?

You can assume they were NOT on the sequester flight. :tup:
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Marionete

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1463 on: December 22, 2013, 02:22:52 AM »

aka still in the race...?  :cmaslol

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1464 on: December 22, 2013, 02:42:39 AM »
Now that we know that teams 4, 5 and 6 tagged along for the final legs rather than heading to sequester, some of the sightings of teams hanging around at the pit stop may not be as meaningful as we've been thinking.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • For the winners go to spoil!
« Reply #1465 on: December 22, 2013, 07:44:54 AM »
Team #6 was at sequester. Teams #4 and #5 have continued following production for most races, not just this one.
Found out that Neobie in Chinese means "f*king awesome"! No, really. Look it up!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1466 on: December 22, 2013, 08:36:26 AM »

Which means they were most likely still in the Race.  In the case of Brendon & Rachel, I have only one thing to say:  Damn!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1467 on: December 22, 2013, 08:44:50 AM »
Now that we know that teams 4, 5 and 6 tagged along for the final legs rather than heading to sequester, some of the sightings of teams hanging around at the pit stop may not be as meaningful as we've been thinking.
I think we're lucky enough with Brenchel not getting eliminated in 8th. Now I tend to believe they were decoying in Seville... :/

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1468 on: December 22, 2013, 05:11:32 PM »
I think we're lucky enough with Brenchel not getting eliminated in 8th. Now I tend to believe they were decoying in Seville... :/

Or eliminated there.  Although I wish they were out earlier, if Brendon & Rachel get eliminated before the finals I'll take it.

Offline Kandace

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Deal with it
« Reply #1469 on: December 22, 2013, 05:52:50 PM »
I see Twinnies, Youtube, Margie/Luke, Jess/John and globetrotters. With Mark/Mallory that's 6 elim'd teams :~)
#TaylorsPosse

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1470 on: December 22, 2013, 06:39:53 PM »
I see Twinnies, Youtube, Margie/Luke, Jess/John and globetrotters. With Mark/Mallory that's 6 elim'd teams :~)

I see Mark and Mallory...Margie is harder to spot? Rest all there.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The Queens of San Juan del Sur <3
« Reply #1471 on: December 22, 2013, 09:19:46 PM »
Based on the fact that those six teams have been spotted flying from Thailand to Seoul, we can assume that Sequesterville was in Thailand.
Also, knowing that Twinnies, M/M, and Youtube were eliminated before Leg 5, an assuming that Margie & Luke were eliminated in Sri Lanka, and that the Globetrotters were at the Pit Stop with the Afghanimals, we can assume that the John & Jessica were eliminated in 7th in Rome, meaning that the Globetrotters were eliminated in 6th somewhere between Rome and Seville.
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity" - Nelson Mandela

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. " - Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #SweetScientists <3
« Reply #1472 on: December 23, 2013, 03:53:38 AM »
NVM
"'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
Shake it off, shake it off"-Taylor Swift <3

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1473 on: December 23, 2013, 12:23:08 PM »
I had a hunch KL was last minute, because alcohol in a conservative Muslim country seemed odd. I hope it wasn't Laos that wasn't cancelled again.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #myeyeseverytimewhenireadyourposts
« Reply #1474 on: December 23, 2013, 12:30:03 PM »
Really think it is The Philippines that got cancelled. China Leg 2 seemed like a last minute addition too. Imagine if 2 Philippines legs were cancelled in the last minute. :cmas4

Custom Search