RFF Archive > The Amazing Race 24 Spoilers

TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**

<< < (325/372) > >>

Marionete:

--- Quote from: Brannockdevice on February 09, 2014, 01:07:58 AM ---As much as I love the idea of another All-Stars, this race seems pretty lame. Since the producers have evolved into absolute cheapos, I predict the route will be something like this...

Leg 1: USA --> China
Leg 2: China
Leg 3: China --> Malaysia
Leg 4: Malaysia
Leg 5: Malaysia --> Sri Lanka
Leg 6: Sri Lanka
Leg 7: Sri Lanka --> Italy
Leg 8: Italy
Leg 9: Italy --> Morocco
Leg 10: Morocco --> Spain
Leg 11: Spain --> Paris, France --> London, UK
Leg 12: London, UK --> USA

Sorry CBS, but you disappoint :/

--- End quote ---
I'd agree with this prediction if there was no double leg in Italy, I highly doubt that.

Boring Dude:

--- Quote from: Marionete on February 09, 2014, 04:20:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: Brannockdevice on February 09, 2014, 01:07:58 AM ---As much as I love the idea of another All-Stars, this race seems pretty lame. Since the producers have evolved into absolute cheapos, I predict the route will be something like this...

Leg 8: Italy
Leg 11: Spain --> Paris, France --> London, UK
Leg 12: London, UK --> USA

Sorry CBS, but you disappoint :/

--- End quote ---
I'd agree with this prediction if there was no double leg in Italy, I highly doubt that.

--- End quote ---

Here is my idea for the route:

Leg 8: Italy (Sardinia)
Leg 11: Spain --> Andorra --> Paris, France
Leg 12: Paris, France --> USA

This is pure speculation on my part.

couchracer:
Travel to China is not boring, especially for us who can not afford it. Also the challenges hopefully reveal new insights into the places or people. Neither is Malaysia or Spain boring. I like the weirdness of the bull in a ball, wonder what that challenge is? I love the scenery, especially pit stops. I love the Amazing Race. May it continue a long time.

Brannockdevice:

--- Quote from: couchracer on February 09, 2014, 12:37:03 PM ---Travel to China is not boring, especially for us who can not afford it. Also the challenges hopefully reveal new insights into the places or people. Neither is Malaysia or Spain boring. I like the weirdness of the bull in a ball, wonder what that challenge is? I love the scenery, especially pit stops. I love the Amazing Race. May it continue a long time.

--- End quote ---

I enjoy it too. I may have come across as a bit pessimistic towards The Amazing Race in general with my earlier comment. There are many aspects that I enjoy about this route. I personally love China, and love it when they go. Same with Malaysia. They haven't been to Sri Lanka in 18 seasons, so I am glad they are returning. However, what I am upset about is the lack of creativity in the past few seasons (save for 22). The Amazing Race is supposed to be that - amazing. But seasons like 23 and now 24 aren't. The producers don't even care anymore about making a quality competition. All they care about is making the cheapest race possible. This season is going to at least three very popular European countries (Italy, Spain, France and/or UK), all of which have been visited within the last 4 seasons (Italy in 20, Spain in 21, UK in 22, France in 21 & 22). Why not go off the beaten path with places like Malta, Belarus, or Latvia. These places are even less expensive than touristy Rome or Paris. If they go to Morocco, I'd sure be happy (Morocco is actually one of my favorite countries ever), but I know it would just be a location added by the producers to a.) give them a place to go between Italy and Spain and b.) give them bragging rights to say that they went to another continent (Africa), because a three continent race wouldn't go over well with viewers, which would result in less revenue. What is really the kicker is the fact that this is an All-Stars. It is supposed to be one of the best seasons ever. However, I would rather watch the family edition travel through exotic New Jersey than watch this train wreck. What about the excitement of Ushuaia, Zanzibar, or Liechtenstein? But no, we get to watch bulls in plastic balls. How exciting.

This post was probably just for me to vent my frustration, and I know I'll probably be getting hateful messages towards my opinions, but I mean every word I said. I am in no way saying I hate the Amazing Race. This just happens to be a disappointing route for me, and I am starting to lose faith in any chance that this show will ever be amazing again. However, I do love it, and I will watch it until it ends or I die, whichever comes first :)

couchracer:
I understand, and this is the place to say stuff. May you and the race live a long time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version