Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 206169 times)

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1575 on: January 29, 2014, 08:48:40 AM »
There is a Starting Line Task. But the two things have nothing to do with each other. :tup:
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly known as Platinum
« Reply #1576 on: January 29, 2014, 08:46:54 PM »
There is a Starting Line Task. But the two things have nothing to do with each other. :tup:

:yess:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #BestSeasonsinceTAR14
« Reply #1577 on: January 30, 2014, 02:23:10 AM »
To be honest, if it's an Allstars (TARUB - 23), I'm surprised they didn't choose Gary and Mallory over Margie and Luke, not because Margie and Luke are not memorable.. but, Gary and Mallory made a huge impression on UB.
We are all misfits living in a world on fire.

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #SweetScientists <3
« Reply #1578 on: January 30, 2014, 02:26:16 AM »
To be honest, if it's an Allstars (TARUB - 23), I'm surprised they didn't choose Gary and Mallory over Margie and Luke, not because Margie and Luke are not memorable.. but, Gary and Mallory made a huge impression on UB.

There are a LOT of teams I would have rather seen tbh.

Regarding this season's cast, I'm only happy to see five of the teams. :res:

So much more good choices from the other seasons ESPECIALLY TAR 19. TAR 19 snub is seriously ugh.
Spend my days locked in a haze
Trying to forget you babe
I fall back down

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #BNB
« Reply #1579 on: January 30, 2014, 02:31:10 AM »

So much more good choices from the other seasons ESPECIALLY TAR 19. TAR 19 snub is seriously ugh.

Bill and Cathi should of been asked to return! I can understand why Amarcus didn't come back and same with Snowboarders/Jeremy and Sandy but they were a great team who I think would of done well. Out of all the non three timers, the only odd pick from TAR 22 was Jessica/John.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #BestSeasonsinceTAR14
« Reply #1580 on: January 30, 2014, 03:45:04 AM »

TAR 4, TAR 6 and TAR 13 are the only seasons where there is not even one returning team... and those seasons feature some really memorable teams like Kelly and Jon, Kris and Jon, REBECCA <3, Lori and Bolo, Terence and Sarah and KEN AND TINA. Seriously don't get the producers taste and choice.

BACK TO THE TOPIC though, do you think Bopper will even appear at the starting line? I mean, even if Mallory is officially replacing, it's kinda hard and impossible to draw some links just right during the first 10 mins teams introduction segment?
We are all misfits living in a world on fire.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1581 on: January 30, 2014, 04:24:25 AM »
Yes, Bopper will be at the Start Line.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly known as Platinum
« Reply #1582 on: January 30, 2014, 04:34:41 AM »
I thought it says: "One team won't make it to the starting line." not "One team won't make it past the starting line."?  ???

Offline Marionete

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1583 on: January 30, 2014, 09:22:29 AM »
I thought it says: "One team won't make it to the starting line." not "One team won't make it past the starting line."?  ???
That's also what I think, so that would mean that it wasn't the starting line task that got Bopper eliminated and Mallory take his place & race with Mark. ;)

Offline Karpov617

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1584 on: January 30, 2014, 08:30:19 PM »
That's also what I think, so that would mean that it wasn't the starting line task that got Bopper eliminated and Mallory take his place & race with Mark. ;)

That could be it. The Starting Line task could be played individually, and the last racer to finish it would be eliminated, with a mystery racer to take his or her place, Mallory being revealed as this mystery racer. Whether this be a blessing or a curse is up to the remaining racer to decide. And the "one team won't even make it to the starting line" thing is played on the technicality that the team 'changed' because one team member is different.
"My goal is not to wake up at forty with the bitter realization that I've wasted my life in a job I hate because I was forced to decide on a career in my teens." - Daria Morgendorffer, Daria, "Gifted"

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1585 on: January 30, 2014, 10:16:56 PM »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!
« Reply #1586 on: February 01, 2014, 07:04:33 AM »

Bill and Cathi should of been asked to return! I can understand why Amarcus didn't come back and same with Snowboarders/Jeremy and Sandy but they were a great team who I think would of done well. Out of all the non three timers, the only odd pick from TAR 22 was Jessica/John.
I'm pretty sure Bill & Cathi were one of the originally invited teams (the probable reason why there are so many Unfinished Business returnees), but I do remember Cathi stating she is a college instructor who also works her & Bill's ranch. Plus, the all-stars II filming was during school days so Cathi had no choice but to decline. They ran the race in the summer for TAR19. For casting, we have to think how the team would take the call. Not how we would.

There's no way Jeremy & Sandy would have been invited back. They are probably one of the least memorable dating teams yet. I can't even remember one placement they got before the finale.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 07:09:15 AM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH November 2014
"Can I smash it now?" ~Brooke (of Brooke & Robbie; season 25, leg 6)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • MRW Jeremy was voted out
« Reply #1587 on: February 01, 2014, 07:29:17 AM »
Based on one of the promos, we see Cord and Jessica jumping with local dancers and trying to grab the flag of Sabah. We also see Cord rappelling off the Kiansom waterfall. They both seem like Roadblock tasks, but Cord is doing both, so it's not likely. Maybe the jumping is a Route Info task or Detour option, since they have the gnome in the rappelling and it seems odd to have both team members get the gnome.
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity" - Nelson Mandela

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. " - Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Offline Marionete

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1588 on: February 01, 2014, 09:39:46 AM »
There's no way Jeremy & Sandy would have been invited back. They are probably one of the least memorable dating teams yet. I can't even remember one placement they got before the finale.
Perhaps because they had literally no airtime  :groan:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1589 on: February 01, 2014, 10:15:25 AM »

There's another reason why they weren't invited back:

Sandy and Jeremy wanted to share their happiness with you all!!

Welcome to the world, Peyton Grace!!

From Sandy:

Our proudest moment. Payton Grace Cline. Born 10/9/13 at 3:51pm. 7lbs 3oz and 20in long. We are so in love and grateful!

The season filming started one month later.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Marionete

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1590 on: February 01, 2014, 12:58:35 PM »
Well, that could be a reason for them to DECLINE, but I don't think CBS even called them :P Anyway, it doesn't even matter, 'cause obviously they're not on and should not be worried about :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1591 on: February 01, 2014, 05:14:05 PM »

Sandy and Jeremy wanted to share their happiness with you all!!

Welcome to the world, Peyton Grace!!

From Sandy:

Our proudest moment. Payton Grace Cline. Born 10/9/13 at 3:51pm. 7lbs 3oz and 20in long. We are so in love and grateful!

The season filming started one month later.
Adorable! :luvya: Even though they weren't my race favorites and the news is pretty late, Payton is incredibly cute. :conf: Congratulations to Jeremy & Sandy.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #BNB
« Reply #1592 on: February 01, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »
Something that somewhat surprises me. If they are billing it as All Stars again why not invite back a winning team? I'm sure teams like Ernie & Cindy and Josh & Brent would happily race again if they needed another team to take part. Either of those two would be better than Jess and John  :funny: Unless they are planning something for Season 25.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1593 on: February 01, 2014, 10:14:33 PM »
is wikipedia always true? if it is, then we have the fourth continent that isn't listed in our timeline :conf: :conf:

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1594 on: February 01, 2014, 11:11:38 PM »
According to Wikipedia, this Season spans 35,000 miles, the same as last season. While I find it highly unlikely that this race could have as long of a route, it got me thinking.

We have several days between leg 7 in Rome and leg 10 in Seville. We also know that a fourth "mystery" continent was visited at some point on the race. From this information, I am suspecting that a country in West Africa was visited for two legs, with a possible NEL/TBC in the middle.

Also, the press release stated that there will be nine countries visited, of which we only currently know six: China, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Italy, Spain, and USA. The remaining three must each have their own leg, or one leg must visit two countries. My guess for the leg 11 is probably somewhere in west Europe, such as England/Wales/France/etc.

All of this is just speculation. Feel free to discuss.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1595 on: February 02, 2014, 04:26:35 AM »
I also think there will be 2 countries visited on 1 leg at some point deeper into the race. :hoot: I think it might be a small minor country like Andorra. Oh and btw, UB did that for leg 9 - they visited Liechtenstein, but went on to Switzerland for the detour & pitstop. ;)

Offline rddm2899

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1596 on: February 02, 2014, 01:07:02 PM »
???

As we all know, Bopper started the race. He was replaced last minute by Mallory. Pretty straightforward. And exactly what Chateau reported from the start line.

Seriously?? :o
I knew Bopper had been asked, but never realised how far into planning he was. I thought he pulled out once he was asked, and they just used Mallory instead.

It'll be interesting to see whether CBS release an updated cast photo featuring Mallory, or what way they'll work it.  ???

Thanks for the clarification! Today is the first day since November that I've got time to browse RFF for updated info.  :'( I haven't even got to watch the preview yet!!  :iok I'm so out of the season 24 loop, but going to fix that now  :yess: And I agree, it does explain the starting line drama!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1597 on: February 02, 2014, 07:53:41 PM »
is wikipedia always true? if it is, then we have the fourth continent that isn't listed in our timeline :conf: :conf:
Don't always depend on Wikipedia. Anybody can edit any un-padlocked page on there and get away with it.

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1598 on: February 03, 2014, 05:10:03 AM »
ASSUMING WIKIPEDIA'S 100% ACCURACY. i doubt it would have visited a new country since the information is not leaked. Amazing race always releases information about new country being visited before airings, unless it didn't have a new country.

i think there would be two possibilities,
first, leg 8 or leg 9 being an african leg and europe as penultimate
or
leg 8 and 9 were in europe and a penultimate in south america ( just like UB )
i would've preferred the first scenario though :D

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Jon & Jaclyn <3
« Reply #1599 on: February 03, 2014, 09:09:44 AM »
i think there would be two possibilities,
first, leg 8 or leg 9 being an african leg and europe as penultimate
or
leg 8 and 9 were in europe and a penultimate in south america ( just like UB )
i would've preferred the first scenario though :D

I'd prefer the first scenario tho. It's been a while South America as a Penultimate Le. Europe was just in Season 22 as a Penultimate Leg  :res:
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Custom Search