Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 195604 times)

Online gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #JocastaPrayerWarriorGoddess
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1400 on: December 14, 2013, 09:54:10 PM »
I'm very happy if Dave & Connor won. They are my favorite team in TAR 22 because I don't care much about their edit :))

You should care about their edit that's what makes you like a team or not.

I'm care about what they did in the race, how competitive and strong they are. I don't care about the sob story or something. Because I blame the edit for the producer, not the racers. Anyway, it is out of topic, so stop here or Peach will be angry.  :cmas31:

But that's basically what Dave & Connor are! How could you like them if the only thing we keep seeing every week from them are the sob stories? ???
"If I Lose Myself Tonight, It'll Be By Your Side."-OneRepublic <3

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1401 on: December 14, 2013, 11:42:56 PM »
I'm very happy if Dave & Connor won. They are my favorite team in TAR 22 because I don't care much about their edit :))

I'm care about what they did in the race, how competitive and strong they are. I don't care about the sob story or something. Because I blame the edit for the producer, not the racers. Anyway, it is out of topic, so stop here or Peach will be angry.  :cmas31:

But that's basically what Dave & Connor are! How could you like them if the only thing we keep seeing every week from them are the sob stories? ???

Because they did great in every challenge  :cmas11
SamuelDude TAR New Zealand: Tate & Victor (Leg 4)
TAR Greece (Host: Airlines): Vytalia & Nikola (Leg 2)
Survivor Greenland: Denise Stapley
Alenaveda's A.R.G. 3: Joseph (2) & Pat (2) (Leg 3 - 1065 MDL)

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1402 on: December 15, 2013, 12:08:08 AM »

This. Their sob story annoys me more than Rachel's over dramatics do, and that's a lot.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1403 on: December 15, 2013, 12:37:57 AM »
Ugh I really hope it's the afghanimals in the final 3 rather than Rachel. Can't stand her.

Online gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1404 on: December 15, 2013, 10:34:39 AM »
To be honest, I think after Margie & Luke got eliminated, there was an HoO of sorts in Sri Lanka 2. Because there is no way that that giant time span would allow Brenchel to catch up and CaroJen to fall to last.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1405 on: December 15, 2013, 10:52:02 AM »
Ugh I really hope it's the afghanimals in the final 3 rather than Rachel. Can't stand her.

Me too!  Rachel drove me up the wall in Big Brother!  But Miss Cleo could be wrong.  Let us Rachel haters hope she's wrong and that the Afghanimals knocked her & Brendon out of the Final 3!

Online gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1406 on: December 15, 2013, 11:06:55 AM »
Just drink your haterade everyone. Just drink it right now.

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #1407 on: December 15, 2013, 12:58:12 PM »
too bad so sad, Brenchel will definitely in Final 3.
Anothe full season of Brenchel coming in February  :cmas9
I'am now and forever post-love

Offline QueenofRussia

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Brittany - Queen of BB16 <3
« Reply #1408 on: December 15, 2013, 04:16:34 PM »
Just drink your haterade everyone. Just drink it right now.
^YESS!! #DONTHATEONBRENCHEL

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1409 on: December 16, 2013, 03:03:44 AM »
To be honest, I think after Margie & Luke got eliminated, there was an HoO of sorts in Sri Lanka 2. Because there is no way that that giant time span would allow Brenchel to catch up and CaroJen to fall to last.

We do NOT know when Margie and Luke were eliminated. We all need to remember that NOT seen does NOT always mean NOT there. We need much more info before making assumptions. :tup:
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Online gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1410 on: December 16, 2013, 06:35:43 AM »

We do NOT know when Margie and Luke were eliminated. We all need to remember that NOT seen does NOT always mean NOT there. We need much more info before making assumptions. :tup:

But Peach, this IS Speculation. Just saying. :)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1411 on: December 16, 2013, 12:53:40 PM »

But Peach, this IS Speculation. Just saying. :)
gamerfan09, please look at the way you referenced Margie-Luke; you said "when" and "there was" as to an HOO, both of which presupposes that what you are saying are facts, and does not indicate in any way that it was speculation (which might be shown by the words "if" and "there may have been.")

Seriously folks, if you don't use the appropriate word signals to show your statements are speculation and not facts, others are going to read what you are saying as being a fact. Same issue when stating a belief as a fact. It may be a fact that you believe something happened at some point to a team or teams during filming; that is not the same as a statement being established as a fact by vetted independent sources, or properly vetted photographs and video that connects the image to a particular place on a particular date.

It's very frustrating for some of us who are trying to sort out what is established fact, from speculation or belief or wishful thinking. Please take some care in how you are expressing your thoughts in this context. It does cause confusion and can easily mislead others who may miss the nuances that are present in these sorts of discussion.
-- theschnauzers

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #1412 on: December 16, 2013, 03:50:16 PM »
idk about people here, what's the point of this speculation thread if we are not allowed to make assumptions
that's the whole thing about speculation, making an assumption without absolute prove.

if we do have the prove than it called "analysis" not "speculation"

if people are not allowed to speculate without absolute proof than change the thread name to: "Spoiler analysis"

besides all of these spoilers come from Miss Cleo on Sucks.

just because it was not posted in here, does not mean it's not true. if this statement make sense " We all need to remember that NOT seen does NOT always mean NOT there."

my statement is also make sense
I'am now and forever post-love

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1413 on: December 16, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »
idk about people here, what's the point of this speculation thread if we are not allowed to make assumptions
that's the whole thing about speculation, making an assumption without absolute prove.

if we do have the prove than it called "analysis" not "speculation"

if people are not allowed to speculate without absolute proof than change the thread name to: "Spoiler analysis"

besides all of these spoilers come from Miss Cleo on Sucks.

just because it was not posted in here, does not mean it's not true. if this statement make sense " We all need to remember that NOT seen does NOT always mean NOT there."

my statement is also make sense

I think when we look at spoilers that come from others, at least this early on, we should take them with a grain of salt.  We can make assumptions without any real proof on this thread, but we shouldn't treat the assumptions as actual fact.  It's just speculation, that's all.  So Miss Cleo can say that Margie & Luke came in 8th while Brendon & Rachel is part of the Final 3  and we can speculate on it all we want (and I'd hate it if Brenchel really was part of the Final 3), but we should take what she says with a grain of salt until her claims are supported by multiple other sources.

Online gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1414 on: December 16, 2013, 04:20:28 PM »
But Brenchel was spotted IN SPAIN IN THE FINAL FIVE.

Also, during the Italy live RB sightings, all teams but Brenchel and Margie & Luke were seen, and since Brenchel's in the F5, this means Margie & Luke are 8th. Just saying.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1415 on: December 16, 2013, 04:37:06 PM »
Again, the purpose of this thread is to speculate, but, and it is a very important but, it is inaccurate and unfair to others to state as an established fact something that is speculation.

I personally do not consider Miss Cleo's statements to be established fact, and it is unfair and inaccurate to say that those statements are such. If A and B, therefore C is logical reasoning, but that alone does not make statement C a fact, just a logical inference from stated hypothetical assumptions, none of which may necessarily be established facts.

It is not an issue of expressing your opinion, it is an issue of how those opinions are presented.
-- theschnauzers

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1416 on: December 16, 2013, 04:39:45 PM »
I understand. It is best to say maybe or even probably to things not supported by pictures.
Yes this is for speculation, word it like speculation not like fact.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1417 on: December 16, 2013, 05:12:27 PM »
Exactly Belle, thank you.

This IS a speculation thread. But if you ARE speculating, you still need to say so CLEARLY.

Re-read what theschnauzers says please, he has it 100%.
gamerfan09, please look at the way you referenced Margie-Luke; you said "when" and "there was" as to an HOO, both of which presupposes that what you are saying are facts, and does not indicate in any way that it was speculation (which might be shown by the words "if" and "there may have been.")

This is RFF, not Sucks, jet...so we do things our way here.  Regardless of whose spoilers you are quoting, HERE you must be VERY clear on what you are stating.  When you are speculating, say so. If you can prove it, show us how. And remember that sourced spoilers are not considered facts without backup.

Sourced spoilers can be accurate. They can also be and are sometimes wrong. They are basically a spoiler that someone else told you. Their reliability depends on where the info is coming from. Sources can be right, or can be wrong, or just can be misinterpreted. We have all had that happen, here at RFF also. Recently, you have only to look at how many changes were made in Cleo's cast list for 24 and even the latest bootlist spoilers to realize that mistakes can be made, info can change.

So what sets RFF apart is that whenever possible, we do not rely ONLY on "sourced info" but try to confirm it by other means. Sourced info can certainly be used for guidance, but it is not "proven". Unless and until there is clearcut (preferably photographic) or other first hand corroborative evidence (permits, eye witness accounts etc), any "sourced" info is considered speculative only. No matter who is saying it. So whether the current Sucks bootlist eventually turns out to be right or not, it is for now, at RFF anyway, "speculation" and not fact.

Hope that helps.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1418 on: December 16, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »

I understand. It is best to say maybe or even probably to things not supported by pictures.
Yes this is for speculation, word it like speculation not like fact.

hi I'm new so I'm not that sure how to use this but I know that miss Cleo thinks it's 2 n.e.ls in a row 1 for brenchel then 1 for country but I'm not so sure it is but they did do 2 in a row on the 1st all stars so could someone clarify for me?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1419 on: December 16, 2013, 05:31:22 PM »

Also, during the Italy live RB sightings, all teams but Brenchel and Margie & Luke were seen, and since Brenchel's in the F5, this means Margie & Luke are 8th. Just saying.

How do you KNOW Seville is final 5? How do you know ALL teams were seen...how do you know how many were actually starting in Rome?? How do you know Brenchel remains in the Final 5...were they seen later?  There is SO much we are unsure of...and that's where the fun is.

Everything in Blue is speculation. Spec's do not necessarily make a Red fact. Could be, could not be. We need more evidence.

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1420 on: December 16, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »

How do you KNOW Seville is final 5? How do you know ALL teams were seen...how do you know how many were actually starting in Rome?? How do you know Brenchel remains in the Final 5...were they seen later?  There is SO much we are unsure of...and that's where the fun is.

Everything in Blue is speculation. Spec's do not necessarily make a Red fact. Could be, could not be. We need more evidence.

There was an article from Spain saying, that there was five teams racing.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1421 on: December 16, 2013, 05:41:28 PM »

ok that makes more sense :cmas27. Thx btw are there any ideas on the 2 missing legs I think that it will go Germany-morocco- Spain / Italy-morocco-Spain / Tunisia-morocco-Spain what does every one else think?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1422 on: December 16, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »

hi I'm new so I'm not that sure how to use this but I know that miss Cleo thinks it's 2 n.e.ls in a row 1 for brenchel then 1 for country but I'm not so sure it is but they did do 2 in a row on the 1st all stars so could someone clarify for me?

:welcome: to RFF , Zeebra!

The clarification is that what someone thinks is not necessarily fact. Without supporting evidence it is important to understand that it remains speculation. We know that the Caroline and Jennifer have ONE speedbump, thanks to a photo. That is fact. The rest is speculation.

And please understand that SPECULATION is wonderful!! It is how we put ALL the info thru the wringer, sort it all out, and come to some educated conclusions. The way someone presents something here often opens my own eyes to new possibilities that perhaps I hadn't thought of. I LOVE everyone of your thoughts and ideas! Speculation is HOW we get to where we are going, it is not a bad word. The more speculaton the better!! All we are saying is to be very clear about what is fact and what is not....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 05:46:45 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1423 on: December 16, 2013, 05:44:39 PM »

There was an article from Spain saying, that there was five teams racing.

And how do you that was correct? Do they have their facts straight?? Question EVERYTHING. There have been multiple articles saying something that was not true, including occasionally CBS's own!!

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1424 on: December 16, 2013, 05:56:20 PM »

that makes sense BUT how do we know  that the bottom 2 were brenchel and Margie& Luke they more likley would be country cause they earned a speedbump  they couldn't have had flight troubles cause they were staying in Sri Lanka and Sri Lanka is a small country ( in landmass) soon bottom 3 brenchel cuntry Margie and Luke?

Custom Search