Author Topic: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 254434 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #1025 on: January 30, 2014, 01:47:59 AM »
The new promo posted just gave it away:

Bopper probably doesn't even make it in the TAR intro :res:

They legit showed almost all possible Team shots in the intro except for Mopper which looks like it was shot at the Meet the Cast set :res:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1026 on: January 30, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »
The new promo posted just gave it away:

Bopper probably doesn't even make it in the TAR intro :res:

They legit showed almost all possible Team shots in the intro except for Mopper which looks like it was shot at the Meet the Cast set :res:
Can you provide a link to the promo? I can't find it....
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1027 on: January 30, 2014, 10:10:34 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1028 on: January 31, 2014, 03:13:52 PM »
If this was Unfinished Business 2, then Jessica and John and Dave and Connor would have been great. Seeing as it is All-Stars, I get Dave and Connor's inclusion (love them), but not Jessica and John's at all. I also feel Caroline and Jennifer are slightly underwhelming and Leo and Jamal are also. If Bill and Cathi, Jaymes and James (Chippendales) and Brook and Claire were there in place of these three teams, and Bopper could still have raced instead of Mallory - it would have been a dream race. Also would have loved Gary and Mallory to race a third time. So, though a lot of the teams I am so excited to see back, there are a few huge teams that have missed out! Where on earth are Bill and Cathi?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1029 on: January 31, 2014, 04:21:54 PM »
I agree with SamuelDude, I was surprised that 24 was AllStars, I would have expected 25 to be that for a 25th anniversary show. I wonder what is going on?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1030 on: February 01, 2014, 04:10:43 AM »
Gosh, I remember how excited I was after watching S17 finale and finding out that the next season was going to be UB (an AS season).... Now it's just "please let this end soon, so I can enjoy a good regular season"....

I mean, I haven't even felt a surge of AS material since UB and so it actually makes sense why there are 3peaters, but... Why do an AS season so fast if there aren't really that many teams to invite back? Or they decline....

I'm just going to repeat other people perhaps, but this cast really lacks Tim & Marie, Pam & Winnie, James & Abba, Abbie & Ryan and Andy & Tommy. Perhaps even Max & Katie would've been a better shot and I don't care if either of those teams were invited back or not, if they declined or not, what the viewers will eventually get is only the outcome - the current cast, which is all but AS.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1031 on: February 01, 2014, 02:20:42 PM »
My biggest fear is that this is the start of the TAR decline into irrelevance - especially with the water skiing task...  :colealert:...you know, the one where one teammate has to put on a leather jacket and do a water ski jump over a caged shark….
I hear Henry Winkler is the greeter for the leg.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1032 on: February 13, 2014, 05:59:50 PM »
A cowboys related quote for Leg 1 :res: :res: Not meaning to be rude, but that's how I feel.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1033 on: February 14, 2014, 05:03:59 AM »
A cowboys related quote for Leg 1 :res: :res: Not meaning to be rude, but that's how I feel.

It's like a giant middle finger to the fans tbh

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1034 on: March 04, 2014, 06:44:26 AM »
#bump #unexpectedrevival #frustration

I am seriously starting to think Americans are stupid....... I mean, I can totally understand why someone would hate on Rachel or disliked the (annoying) twinnies, but how can they be bitching about Mallory in the last episode all over facebook? (:;):groan:
Like, SERIOUSLY?! :tantrum

I get that Mallory was responsible for the lost bag, but where did she whine and bitch about it? (Yes, lots of people are saying that) Did she not even offer Mark to buy him a new bag lol?
AND ON TOP OF ALL THIS, PEOPLE ARE BLAMING MALLORY FOR LOSING THE RACE AT THE DETOUR.  :umn: And that SHE was losing her temper, like what the heck? Mark was everything but supportive with his facepalmy behaviour. Oh, and when was that? I believe, when Mark had already received his bag :groan: :groan:

And by the way, I guess S16 isn't that far to be forgotten? What about Steve & Allie and both of their lost bags? People should be complaining about Mark, not Mallory, if they choose a single person to blame  :umn:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1035 on: March 04, 2014, 02:22:48 PM »
#bump #unexpectedrevival #frustration

I am seriously starting to think Americans are stupid....... I mean, I can totally understand why someone would hate on Rachel or disliked the (annoying) twinnies, but how can they be bitching about Mallory in the last episode all over facebook? (:;):groan:
Like, SERIOUSLY?! :tantrum

I get that Mallory was responsible for the lost bag, but where did she whine and bitch about it? (Yes, lots of people are saying that) Did she not even offer Mark to buy him a new bag lol?
AND ON TOP OF ALL THIS, PEOPLE ARE BLAMING MALLORY FOR LOSING THE RACE AT THE DETOUR.  :umn: And that SHE was losing her temper, like what the heck? Mark was everything but supportive with his facepalmy behaviour. Oh, and when was that? I believe, when Mark had already received his bag :groan: :groan:

And by the way, I guess S16 isn't that far to be forgotten? What about Steve & Allie and both of their lost bags? People should be complaining about Mark, not Mallory, if they choose a single person to blame  :umn:

I think the fact that the Facebook fans are bashing Mallory isn't because they don't like her, but because they love Mark & Bopper sooooo much!
If I recall, Mallory was one of, if not THE most loved person from season 17, (maybe apart from Brook & Clare), and when she returned for UB she was adored by all, but that was before we first met Mark & Bopper. 
Once we met Mopper, all love for Mallory was lessened, definitely not lost, but as she wasn't on our screens, and as most people probably assumed we'd never see her again, they stopped caring as much about her.

Once she was revealed as Boppers replacement, the viewers love for her most likely returned, but it still wasn't enough to overtake the love for Mark. Mark & Bopper are probably, currently, the most loved TAR team of all time!
And that's why I feel people are bashing her.  :'(  :res:

Along with the fact they have no one else to really blame for their downfall. It's a massive pity because I  :love2:  :hrt:  :luvya: Mallory and she truly is one of the greatest racers to come from TAR.
But having said that I  :hearts: Mopper too!

Maybe I've just waffled on a bit there with what I said, but hopefully it makes sense. :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1036 on: March 04, 2014, 07:30:31 PM »

I think the fact that the Facebook fans are bashing Mallory isn't because they don't like her, but because they love Mark & Bopper sooooo much!

I agree this is the main reason. People love Mark & Bopper's story. but still, their comments about Mallory is overreacted

If I recall, Mallory was one of, if not THE most loved person from season 17, (maybe apart from Brook & Clare), and when she returned for UB she was adored by all, but that was before we first met Mark & Bopper. 

Or maybe most of those haters are TAR's new fans. they haven't watched season 17 & 18. i read many comments like "who the heck is Mallory??"

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1037 on: March 05, 2014, 01:08:23 PM »

Or maybe most of those haters are TAR's new fans. they haven't watched season 17 & 18. i read many comments like "who the heck is Mallory??"

There we go then. That's probably the explanation for the hate for Mallory.
But this raises the question, if people don't know Mallory, it kinda hints that they wouldn't know the Cowboys, Globes or Margie & Luke either? As they all came before Mallory, and they were on UB with Mallory. ???

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1038 on: March 05, 2014, 02:34:36 PM »
Ugggh, at first it really made sense, but now I read some more comments and I just have no explanation  :res: :crazy:

Mallory cost Mark his chance to continue...so selfish. Mark was very kind in his comments about her.
Have to say...not really sad that Mallory and Mark went home. Okay, Mark, yes. Mallory, no. She was just irritating. Too bad he couldn't run it with his buddy.
Mallory did nothing to help the team, nothing but nag Mark and never even apologize for forgetting his bag after she said "I got it". He was the first to finish the task and she just ran her mouth and blew it! Why didn't she forget her own bag? 🙉

Like, R U KIDDING ME?  :groan: :groan:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1039 on: March 05, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »
Mallory did nothing to help the team, nothing but nag Mark and never even apologize for forgetting his bag after she said "I got it". He was the first to finish the task and she just ran her mouth and blew it! Why didn't she forget her own bag? 🙉

Like, R U KIDDING ME?  :groan: :groan:

SERIOUSLY???  :groan:
She left the bag at his feet! Sure, maybe she should have told him the bag was there, but still, it's not like she did it intentionally.
Poor Mallory, I really do feel sorry for her :(
The hate she's receiving really isn't deserving for what happened. I don't like taking sides with this team because I love them both, but come on people, give her a break... GOOOOOD!

I posted the Mark & Mallory Elimination Interview from the CBS website on their Contestant Thread, and even in that Mark's still giving her a hard time.  :res:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1040 on: March 05, 2014, 03:13:31 PM »
And these are not just some random comments that I'm picking, I went to the TAR facebook page and look at comments with most likes on the more recent posts. So people are actually highly supporting these ideas  :groan:

And yeah.... The whole energy is as if Mallory left the bag intentionally and Mark is this piece of angel whose not-so-good actions can be set aside.  :res:
Ugh, I'm not gonna say anything new that hasn't already been said on this board, but I just don't get how those stupid (they totally are, sorry for being offensive) commenters can not see that
a) Mark could have left his bag like some past racers (Steve & Allie TAR16) did;
b) other teams would obviously be willing to help Mark if he had no clothes or sth;
c) Mark & Mallory checked in only ~10mins after YouTube, so the bag incident didn't really doom them, the detour did (WHICH IS STILL SEEN AS A FAULT OF MALLORY'S :crazy:);
d) Mark refused to hussle even when he had got his bag back and Mallory tried running to the detour to catch up. And that was for literally.no.reason.

And to clear it all out, yeah, I was also (and still am!!) a great supporter of Mopper, though not a die hard fan. But my patience has seriously run out with these comments..

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1041 on: March 05, 2014, 03:51:15 PM »
And these are not just some random comments that I'm picking, I went to the TAR facebook page and look at comments with most likes on the more recent posts. So people are actually highly supporting these ideas  :groan:

And yeah.... The whole energy is as if Mallory left the bag intentionally and Mark is this piece of angel whose not-so-good actions can be set aside.  :res:
Ugh, I'm not gonna say anything new that hasn't already been said on this board, but I just don't get how those stupid (they totally are, sorry for being offensive) commenters can not see that
a) Mark could have left his bag like some past racers (Steve & Allie TAR16) did;
b) other teams would obviously be willing to help Mark if he had no clothes or sth;
c) Mark & Mallory checked in only ~10mins after YouTube, so the bag incident didn't really doom them, the detour did (WHICH IS STILL SEEN AS A FAULT OF MALLORY'S :crazy:);
d) Mark refused to hussle even when he had got his bag back and Mallory tried running to the detour to catch up. And that was for literally.no.reason.

And to clear it all out, yeah, I was also (and still am!!) a great supporter of Mopper, though not a die hard fan. But my patience has seriously run out with these comments..

I don't even want to go on the Facebook page, it'll just annoy me more.  :res:

As for your points:

I'll cover A & B as one) - YES!!! Mallory had the passports, Marks medication and the money.  The only things they NEEDED to continue.  If Marks passport was in the bag then yea, of course they'd go back for it (But god help Mallory for the abuse she would've got if that had happened)  :groan:
If you think back to BJ & Tyler, by Leg 8 or 9 they were running with no clothes, flipflops and a plastic bag with whatever belongings they had left, and what happened? THEY WON THE RACE!!! Mark & Mallory wouldn't have even needed to win the whole race, just that leg, (which would have been likely) coz they would've won enough money to buy another Backpack, and probably replace everything that was in it. And as you say, all the other teams were so supportive that none of them would have refused to help Mark out when it came to giving him clothes.
HOWEVER having said that, in their interview on RHAP Mark says that the backpack belonged to a previous winner of the race (he thought it would be good luck as it was the bag they used) and he felt it was his duty to return it to them. But come on, they won the race, they have the money to buy another bloody pack!!!

C) - The detour was their demise. They arrived before two teams, and Mark just hadn't the motivation to give it his all. He was fed up with Mallory, and the whole Leg by the time they got there.  There was even a point where they were only one away and it fell about 1/10 of an inch from Marks foot!!! I feel bad for both of them here because it was no way Mallory's fault alone that they lost, but there were multiple times they could have got that clue, just a little bit more effort from Marks behalf and they would have got it.  :'(

I posted this in last weeks episode thread so thought I'd paste it here as it seems relevant - Mallory said in the RHAP interview that the demonstrators they chose were sooo relaxed and didn't seem to care whether they got the challenge finished or not. She then said that once Youtube and John & Jess finished, they changed demonstrators and got the clue straight away!  :groan:

I went back and re-watched the detour, and the demonstrators they're with when they finish the task are different from the ones they first choose. (The ones they change too were the ones that John & Jess were with)
It just wasn't their day, but I truly believe this was Mark & Mallory's Leg. If they hadn't had the communication problems this would've been their Leg for the taking.

D) - Speaks for itself.  :res:

I'm just sick of all the "casual / new" viewers bashing Mallory.  I wanted Mallory & Mark to stay in the race just as much, if not more, than all those FB users, but they're gone and there's nothing we can do now.  They can lay the blame all they want, but it's not going to bring them back.

If only they didn't have tunnel vision and see the while picture, like us at RFF. :lol:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:08:54 PM by nmccarroll91 »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1042 on: March 09, 2014, 10:32:57 PM »
So the shorter opening title sequence is permanent after the first Leg eh?

WTF!?!?!  :groan: (:;) :dick
The show really is taking a nosedive.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1043 on: March 09, 2014, 10:36:47 PM »
I miss the Intro....

Conspiracy theory. What is in the missing portion they want us to forget?? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1044 on: March 09, 2014, 10:38:00 PM »
So the shorter opening title sequence is permanent after the first Leg eh?

WTF!?!?!  :groan: (:;) :dick
The show really is taking a nosedive.  :'( :'( :'(

It's like the stupid Survivor intro producers went on TAR tbh.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1045 on: March 10, 2014, 03:23:45 PM »
Well they didn't add it to the actual episode, so it's just 30 seconds more commercial time. 

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1046 on: March 11, 2014, 12:52:24 PM »
My thoughts: I think the TAR production crew are blatantly making this season seem like the worst one yet since they are still cold and bitter like Luke in the preview for the next Roadblock after not being nominated for an Emmy for TAR22.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1047 on: March 11, 2014, 05:54:57 PM »
Mark and Mallory just were not good together as a team. I think communication was a big problem. Maybe both (or too much) talking and no one listening. Mallory was in charge of the backpacks, she failed to make sure Mark knew when she dropped it. He was in charge of securing a car in a taxi.
She was awfully defensive, I think she would have insisted on going back for her backpack despite what she said. I wish the cowboys had given them the express pass.

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1048 on: March 11, 2014, 07:43:41 PM »
 :funny: This season is comical on so  many levels.  Luke is acting like a spoiled child. Flight Time. Big Easy are trying to provide comic relief, but even they are "bored". J/C are messing up some tasks, Country Girls are "getting by" with little to no effort. At least Brenchel are interesting to watch. If they are eliminated before the end, it will be a very disappointing finale IMO

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1049 on: March 12, 2014, 07:23:05 AM »
Any animated gif of Brenchel's Survivor Detour montage? :funny: