Author Topic: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 254500 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #1000 on: January 13, 2014, 06:25:10 AM »
I don't get the Dave/Connor hate, why the hate? They were competent enough on their season, was a lock for F5 until that horrific injury, if they do win so what. Sure it sucks that Winnie & Pam lost to them in Bali (.... edited)

Just re-watched the roadblock. Winnie should covered the picture a bit more if she didn't want Connor to see it.   

Also don't get it why many think Na/Na was robbed. Josh & Brent fairly beat them in their season, and it was their fault they sucked with the stick shift in Spain and finished last. Sucks they finish last this season but John Vito & Jill and Amanda & Kris will tell you that's life.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:10:01 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1001 on: January 13, 2014, 07:41:19 AM »
I don't get the Dave/Connor hate, why the hate? They were competent enough on their season, was a lock for F5 until that horrific injury, if they do win so what. Sure it sucks that Winnie & Pam lost to them in Bali but every girl knows that if you don't want boys to see it, don't show it.

Also don't get it why many think Na/Na was robbed. Josh & Brent fairly beat them in their season, and it was their fault they sucked with the stick shift in Spain and finished last. Sucks they finish last this season but John Vito & Jill and Amanda & Kris will tell you that's life.

First of all, maybe it's because Dave & Connor were pretty boring? I don't remember much from them except crying every episode. And for Na/Na, it's clearly because Josh & Brent were just "there". They were pretty much the equivalent of floaters on TAR for every episode until since, so to see them make it to the F3 instead of a team happy to be there was pretty sickening.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1002 on: January 13, 2014, 08:44:40 AM »
I don't get the Dave/Connor hate, why the hate? They were competent enough on their season, was a lock for F5 until that horrific injury, if they do win so what. Sure it sucks that Winnie & Pam lost to them in Bali but every girl knows that if you don't want boys to see it, don't show it.

First of all, maybe it's because Dave & Connor were pretty boring? I don't remember much from them except crying every episode. And for Na/Na, it's clearly because Josh & Brent were just "there". They were pretty much the equivalent of floaters on TAR for every episode until since, so to see them make it to the F3 instead of a team happy to be there was pretty sickening.

Two of my favourite MM teams right there. Goats were one of my favourite winners ever, and Dave & Connor would've walked through TAR22  :res:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #1003 on: January 13, 2014, 06:49:46 PM »

Two of my favourite MM teams right there. Goats were one of my favourite winners ever, and Dave & Connor would've walked through TAR22  :res:

A) GGF were completely MOR/UTR and provided literally NO entertainment until after Abby & Ryan were eliminated I do not see any entertainment worth in them especially after they robbed four more deserving and more liked teams of a victory (Chips, Trexi, NaNa, Abby & Ryan)

And don't forget the mention of cancer in every other word (I am exaggerating, but you get the point). If the producers didn't push that angle down our throats then I'd like to think they would be better liked.

As for NaNa they were robbed. In France a producer issue made them have to drive back? (iirc) so that allowed the ggf's to check in in that time.

B) Dave & Connor literally talked about cancer and injuries for their entire airtime and it wasn't like MOR story like the Tims or something (yeah the Tims did something well shocker) it was literally they grabbed it and shoved it down our throats, giving NOBODY else airtime and also they dominated most of the previously on time THE EPISODE AFTER THEY QUIT IN THE FIRST THREE SECONDS OF AIRTIME.

C) Pwinnie were robbed and will always be, both of an All-Stars spot, and also winning two legs then eliminated seventh.

D) NaNa were robbed because they were beaten by a team that was fairly useless and won the race because of ONE task that in the end became luck because nobody was paying attention. NaNa were also robbed because they were SO MUCH MORE INTERESTING than GGF and 'Sucks they finish last this season' yes it does because the rest of the teams are utterly boring/crap bar a select few god/desses and being eliminated early ruins the cast because they were the team I was most excited about returning (then Maxie but they didn't get cast because casting are idiots).

But NaNa's story arc was finished accurately when they were eliminated, so I'm okay with their elimination :lol:

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1004 on: January 14, 2014, 12:29:19 AM »
What I don't get is the level of hate for luck tasks. I mean it is annoying when the team you're rooting for plummets to last and the team you utterly hate gets in front, but if there isn't a good level of luck, most tasks would just be very linear, and the order in which they finish would be the order in which they arrived.

Also for Josh & Brent, I liked them as winners. Sure I didn't notice them early on (I even confused them with Will & Gary), but they were easily noticeable since their non-elimination leg. And I loved how they sort of evolved during the Final 4, kind of a search for vengeance for their fallen comrades (Abby & Ryan).

I also don't understand how a team was 'robbed' during a leg. I mean it's their fault they got eliminated. Also Dave & Connor's cancer story was spoon fed to us since they were only in the race for 4 legs. That and that they have a game-breaking injury is reason enough for them to have airtime (overdone, I must admit).

I just hope TPTB had the mental health to at least ask Pam & Winnie to come back during the casting of TAR 24, and that Pam & Winnie just hd to decline. It is a sad loss.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1005 on: January 14, 2014, 04:36:52 AM »

Just re-watched the roadblock. Winnie should covered the picture a bit more if she didn't want Connor to see it.   
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:59:37 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1006 on: January 14, 2014, 05:45:42 AM »
I also don't understand how a team was 'robbed' during a leg. I mean it's their fault they got eliminated.

I understand Pwinnie being robbed (Indo leg only), but I don't understand NaNa being robbed. ???
Goat Farmers are just very lucky. They never robbed any other fellow racer in TAR21.

A team I can consider being robbed is ChesEph. Their elimination wasn't their fault. :(
Jabba is another team being robbed (both literally and figuratively). Them losing the passport was completely unexpected for them.
Even Amanda & Kris in TARUB, or Amy & Daniel and Cait & Brit in TAR21, +more.
It's not the team's own fault, that's what I consider "robbed."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1007 on: January 14, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »

I think this clarifies the original unfortunate word choice. This is does not appear to be an anti women's comment, but one on copying during a TAR task. I have removed the original wording due to the potential for misunderstanding. Thank you all for your concern!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1008 on: January 14, 2014, 05:20:43 PM »
Dave and Connor winning 2 legs after Dave ruptured his achilles tendon may have been the most impressive feat I've ever seen on TAR. For me, it wasn't boring at all. As for the constant over the top reminders about their cancer battles, Dave and Connor didn't do the editing. WRP chose to play that up. I doubt that Dave and Connor made 53 references a day about it.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #1009 on: January 14, 2014, 05:30:44 PM »
I agree it wasn't Dave & Connor's fault but WRP did make them incredibly irritating.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1010 on: January 14, 2014, 10:04:28 PM »
Well Leg 3 was a TBC and Dave and Connor played an Express Pass and Connor did the RB so I basically give them no credit on that Leg because anyone could have easily limped through with an Express Pass.

In Leg 4, they did do the Detour well show that shows their strength but that's about it because Connor did the RB and arguable cheating (which I believe he did so this is a huge reason I disliked them) so they lose some credit for me on that leg.

So to me, it wasn't hugely impressive, Connor basically carried the team and Legs were not too terrible physically wise. Yes they deserve some props because yes it is difficult to travel with a torn Achilles.

And I know its not their fault about WRP, but I didn't like Connor's arrogance in the race and how they continued to talk about the victim card.

I guess it's a combination of their editing and the Leg 4 RB incident combined that made me not like them.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1011 on: January 20, 2014, 11:08:32 AM »

Not specifically replying to redskevin, but the very fact that Connor tried and managed to peep is not right? What makes his act different from what Nicole tried to do this season? If people are okay with Connor peeping and not Nicole, then there's definitely some double standards and biasedness there.

Besides, saying that Winnie should have covered the picture more to prevent Connor from cheating can be compared to a student trying his best to cover his answers from a cheater during examinations, and should the cheater managed to cheat.. it's the victim's fault for not being more careful and delicate to prevent the cheater from cheating.

In short, Connor cheated. We all saw it. So why are we debating whether or not it's right or wrong? If you look at it ethically, one can never argue that it's RIGHT in anyway. But if you want to argue it from a strategic move/game point of view & therefore validating Connor's action, go ahead. However, Connor did CHEAT and it's a fact. I rest my case. Kbye.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1012 on: January 20, 2014, 11:36:05 AM »
If it's not in the rule book it's not cheating in my opinion. I don't remember the clue mentioning in the surf board task that you couldn't look at other teams' boards, whereas it mentioned in Nicole's case that they couldn't enter the judging zone, which she did. In both cases I don't care since I liked both teams.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1013 on: January 20, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »
Just to add my two cents, I agree with SteKay here, because if I remember rightly, when Chuck & Wynona checked in with the wrong board, Mona & Beth were standing at the pitstop, and Phil asked them something like "You not gonna give them the answer?".

If Connor looking at Winnies board is "cheating", then by all means Mona & Beth giving Chuck & Wynona the answer is just as bad, and in no way would have been suggested by Phil, himself.

Hope this helps clear things up!  :)
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1014 on: January 21, 2014, 11:06:39 AM »
If it's not in the rule book it's not cheating in my opinion. I don't remember the clue mentioning in the surf board task that you couldn't look at other teams' boards, whereas it mentioned in Nicole's case that they couldn't enter the judging zone, which she did. In both cases I don't care since I liked both teams.

Just to add my two cents, I agree with SteKay here, because if I remember rightly, when Chuck & Wynona checked in with the wrong board, Mona & Beth were standing at the pitstop, and Phil asked them something like "You not gonna give them the answer?".

If Connor looking at Winnies board is "cheating", then by all means Mona & Beth giving Chuck & Wynona the answer is just as bad, and in no way would have been suggested by Phil, himself.

Hope this helps clear things up!  :)

Erm, if it's against the rules, then Nicole would have been penalized. And that, I know, is never part of the rule to not be allowed to "peep".

BUT, do note that my post did not mention a single bit about "RULES" but rather from the ethics point of view. Thanks.

And, why would Mona and Beth, if willingly, giving Chuck and Wynona the answer (if they did) be just as bad? I don't remember a single part of Pwnnie screaming "COME CONNOR, LOOK AT MY ANSWER"?

I can go on and on about the ethics of The Amazing Race, but I just gotta say, ethics to everyone is varying and different. To me (and many others whom I know), what Connor did was cheating. To you, it was a strategic and great game move which won them the leg. Yes, it was strategic and I totally think that the move is validated, since they even won the leg. But a strategic move doesn't mean that it's necessarily RIGHT.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:10:00 AM by Jobby »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1015 on: January 21, 2014, 11:15:30 AM »

Erm, if it's against the rules, then Nicole would have been penalized. And that, I know, is never part of the rule to not be allowed to "peep".

BUT, do note that my post did not mention a single bit about "RULES" but rather from the ethics point of view. Thanks.

And, why would Mona and Beth, if willingly, giving Chuck and Wynona the answer (if they did) be just as bad? I don't remember a single part of Pwnnie screaming "COME CONNOR, LOOK AT MY ANSWER"?

I don't see how ethics on the race reflect real life. If I was struggling with the puzzle, I'd look at it too! Obviously everyone has a different degree of what's ethical. To me it was perfectly fine. Just as some people think the twins 'stole' the Rockers' money.

Also cheating is usually = to rule breaking, in my opinion.  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

And the saying goes "nice guys finish last" ( well not in the case of the ggf <3 )

(also i saw this before you edited and cba redoing it sorry)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:18:32 AM by SteKay »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1016 on: January 21, 2014, 11:26:44 AM »
IMO there should be a rule against over usage of smileys. :funny:

#justkidding :P

PS: I also did not say that ethics on the race depicts real life too. :stare

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1017 on: January 28, 2014, 05:56:24 AM »
I just checked TAR's fb page. Never expected so many people complaining about the cast. :stare I know the cast sucks, but never expected seeing 95+% of the fans' posts is about complaining about the cast.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1018 on: January 28, 2014, 07:52:26 AM »
It is very negative.

The casting of course reflects $$$, it is what the network and the SPONSORS think they need for ratings. They forget that it is the unknown teams with a story (like Bopper/Mark first season) who crawl into our hearts and stay there and keep us watching. We don't need actresses, sports stars, or any other gimmicky teams....just solid casting. Look at the ratings a few years back, when every cast was "newbies" compared to when the casting of people who have a fan base in something already began. Even accounting for an overall decline...it seems to me that the ratings reflected the joy and loyalty people have towards watching "ordinary people doing extraordinary things".

First look Survivor suggests they got something right. I suggest that TAR take note.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1019 on: January 28, 2014, 08:59:11 AM »
With that in mind, I guess it would be a miracle if they cast 11 teams, none of which have any experience being in front of a camera. The past few seasons always have them.

And even though I followed the spoilers, I'll still root for Brendon & Rachel, Joey & Meghan, and Caroline & Jennifer. I hope the country singers become less bubbly and more conniving, like Nicky & Kim.  :)
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1020 on: January 29, 2014, 09:06:23 PM »
I really hope the starting line task is actually a good task. In the past couple seasons the starting line task has been really underwhelming. I absolutely love the concept of them but they have been poorly executed recently. I hope that changes with this season.

TARP_Lover

« Reply #1021 on: January 29, 2014, 11:11:18 PM »
With that in mind, I guess it would be a miracle if they cast 11 teams, none of which have any experience being in front of a camera. The past few seasons always have them.

And even though I followed the spoilers, I'll still root for Brendon & Rachel, Joey & Meghan, and Caroline & Jennifer. I hope the country singers become less bubbly and more conniving, like Nicky & Kim.  :)

They deserved a spot here more than a lot of the others  :'(

Hopefully our next Returning Players season has them. I know they probably won't make it very far though lol

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #1022 on: January 30, 2014, 12:48:23 AM »
I am also surprised at the publics reaction. Teams are very anti-Brenchel, which I am fairly surprised about, due to their supposed fan base. Many are also anti-Natalie and Nadiya, mostly due to TWINNIE! In terms of excitement, most are happy to see the Globes, Cowboys, Mark and Bopper, and Dave and Connor back. I like all of these teams too.

To bitch about the casting, I do think CBS got it wrong. Either go an all time all stars, or keep it recent. Althought im happy to see my Cowboys! Another bitch is the fact that Andy and Tommy aren't there. Best team not to win IMO
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1023 on: January 30, 2014, 01:17:49 AM »
The best moment in TAR 19 for me was when Andy and Tommy got eliminated. :funny:

I agree with peach. It was David and Mary, Margie and Luke, Gary and Mallory, Mark and Bopper's first season that brought them close to our hearts... and honestly if they took 11 Seasons to do Allstars 1, I'll rather they take that long again to invite back some solid teams.

Plus, I don't get Jessica and John's inclusion in the cast. Can y'all see how many people just DON'T CARE about their existence?

I know they can't always get back the most solid teams such as Chippendales... but can they at least justify their Allstars title? I'll rather have Art and JJ than Jessica and John on the show, even though I really hated Art and JJ.. but at least they fit the whole criteria of being an Allstars team. Or I'll rather have Nicole and Travis, if you get what I mean. A team that's at least memorable, and whom we have followed through with an entire season; and not just a team who got eliminated with the EP due to their OWN MISTAKE and then getting another chance in an Allstars season? This is not Unfinished Business, my dear producers.

Just a horrible casting this season and honestly, I really really am not looking forward to the show at all. I know ultimately I'll watch it and still be excited weekly, but for now, am looking forward to Survivor more.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1024 on: January 30, 2014, 01:46:06 AM »
The best moment in TAR 19 for me was when Andy and Tommy got eliminated. :funny:

I agree with peach. It was David and Mary, Margie and Luke, Gary and Mallory, Mark and Bopper's first season that brought them close to our hearts... and honestly if they took 11 Seasons to do Allstars 1, I'll rather they take that long again to invite back some solid teams.

Plus, I don't get Jessica and John's inclusion in the cast. Can y'all see how many people just DON'T CARE about their existence?

I know they can't always get back the most solid teams such as Chippendales... but can they at least justify their Allstars title? I'll rather have Art and JJ than Jessica and John on the show, even though I really hated Art and JJ.. but at least they fit the whole criteria of being an Allstars team. Or I'll rather have Nicole and Travis, if you get what I mean. A team that's at least memorable, and whom we have followed through with an entire season; and not just a team who got eliminated with the EP due to their OWN MISTAKE and then getting another chance in an Allstars season? This is not Unfinished Business, my dear producers.

Just a horrible casting this season and honestly, I really really am not looking forward to the show at all. I know ultimately I'll watch it and still be excited weekly, but for now, am looking forward to Survivor more.

I'm also surprised that they didn't try and save an all stars season for Season 25 unless they have something planned. Who knows.
It's Clobbering Time!