Author Topic: Tips for watching International versions  (Read 5856 times)

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
Tips for watching International versions
« on: November 08, 2013, 07:07:50 AM »
Does anyone have a list of which International versions are either in English or watchable with subtitles?

Or does anyone have any advice for trying to watch episodes in a language they don't comprehend?

I know about Canada :hoot: and Australia.

Thanks in advance

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: Tips for watching International versions
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 08:55:03 AM »
TARA is in English and I think TARCR is partly in English too.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 12:57:02 PM »
Watching a TAR in a foreign language is easy as long as you remember a few things:

1) Have the Wikipedia page (Or better yet, a recap thread on these forums) open so you know EXACTLY what the tasks are that teams have to do.
2) You understand and accept that you aren't going to be able to understand /everything/ that teams say, but can learn to enjoy the wild journey anyway.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 04:03:05 PM »
Watching a TAR in a foreign language is easy as long as you remember a few things:

1) Have the Wikipedia page (Or better yet, a recap thread on these forums) open so you know EXACTLY what the tasks are that teams have to do.
2) You understand and accept that you aren't going to be able to understand /everything/ that teams say, but can learn to enjoy the wild journey anyway.

Oh! Very good ideas! Thanks!

I will definitely do this.

paldog123456

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 08:42:19 PM »
Watching TARLA has actually improved my Spanish. I highly recommend that anyone learning one of the foreign languages of any TAR edition watch the edition in their foreign language, as it helps for pronunciation and accents.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 08:52:03 PM »
Watching TARLA has actually improved my Spanish. I highly recommend that anyone learning one of the foreign languages of any TAR edition watch the edition in their foreign language, as it helps for pronunciation and accents.

With the addition, talking about TARLA, that you can hear the different accents and idioms of each country.  The same happened to me watching TAR and TARAus, for example.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 04:14:16 PM »
Heh, in fact I've been watching so much TAR Israel that I now know how to pronounce all of the Hebrew letters by heart. I don't know much more about the language, but that's a bit of an accomplishment that came JUST from TAR.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 11:25:28 PM »
I have a question... I still haven't watch Tar Australia...  is it any good? I mean I've seen a lot of hype for it around the forum but I have't past the first episode... should I keep going? It didn't really grab me and really don't know why.

So far I've watched TAR Canada which was great btw... Obviously I've watch TARLA 1,2, 3 and 5... (skipped 4 because of the Brazil only policy)... I also stop watching TAR Asia after the middle of season 2... Somehow I got bored of it... non english versions I haven't watch because it drives me crazy that I don't understand what is going on, probably because I feel dumb for not understanding another language...

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 03:25:12 AM »
TARAus is completely fabulous, especially the second season. The first is slightly above average.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 05:56:09 AM »
TARAus is completely fabulous, especially the second season. The first is slightly above average.

TARAus 2 outdoes plenty of the American seasons. Best international season by a light year and probably may I dare say the best overall cast ever?!

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 06:38:10 AM »

This.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 01:55:43 PM »

TARAus 2 outdoes plenty of the American seasons. Best international season by a light year and probably may I dare say the best overall cast ever?!

Man, these words make me excited to watch TARAUS 2! It was a contender to be the next season I watch, but you helped me seal that decision.

Thanks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 02:06:34 PM »
Each respective season of the International versions has a place to ask for links. Let's use those and not this thread for that please? Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline steve2013

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 12:12:57 PM »
Thanks for the tips  :ghug: hoping im able to get links soon