Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast EP 6 SHOW updates and commentary **Note TIME CHANGE**  (Read 22947 times)

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
Re: TAR 23 East Coast EP 6 SHOW updates and commentary **Note TIME CHANGE**
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2013, 04:04:51 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Oklahoma is out!
My first pick to win got a BIG FAT 7th...

The leg was fine. It wasn't as good as Gdansk, but it was definitely better than Chile
well except for the Roadblock. I didn't really get why put a singing task in TAR. It was weird.
I can't explain why but I just didn't think singing is appropriate for amazing race
and the song...was in German..  the leg was in freakin' Austria ...

Nicky and Kim lost the first place, again!  :(

And about the whole Jamy-Marie situation, I actually found it really interesting.
We can't really blame Marie. Technically the cab WAS up for grabs.
I would have done the same thing, if finding a cab was so hard
But at the same time it was pretty evil what she did. The street was quite crowded looks like it wasn't that hard to find a cab

And I understand that Jamy felt betrayed and pissed
But they should have told the driver not to remove their bags from the cab.
I mean why the heck did the driver suddenly just remove the bags?
Because of Nicky and Kim?
It doesn't make any sense

I found it a bit funny when the driver said "wait, you're not my team"
Tim : "No no no, we are"
Marie : "Yeah yeah yeah, see this! [showing the clue] It's BLUE it's BLUE! See, BLUE!"
 :funny:

This could be a lesson to Jamy to not wear blue all the time  :)

In the end
I decided to support both teams
Since one of my pick got eliminated  :(

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2013, 04:09:18 AM »
German is the main language in Austria, JSYK. ;)

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2013, 04:10:54 AM »
German is the main language in Austria, JSYK. ;)

ooh then sorry LOL
i thought Austria has its own language

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2013, 06:11:47 AM »
And this leg has recycled a few places visited by TAR 4 before... so it's really, just meh.

The pit-stop is the location of the Fast Forward in Amazing Race 4 LEG 3, where Steve and Josh are required to search the grounds of Schönbrunn Palace for a ballroom wearing formal attire, then carry a tray of champagne filled glasses through waltzing couples. (and did they just use waltzing couples for the Detour?)

The fast forward here, is the Roadblock of Amazing Race 4 LEG 3, where one team member had to bungee jump 460 feet (140 m) off the Donauturm.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2013, 06:13:39 AM »
Just watched it!

It would've been a great leg if not for the underwhelming Detour. :(
Loved everything else in this leg!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2013, 06:33:15 AM »
The leg wasn't as great as the other 3 European legs. :(

So sad to see Jamy losing another 1st place. :( They would've won the leg if they won the ff :pity or if they didn't attempt it at all. Seeing Amy finish the rb in her 1st attempt makes me think that they would've won the leg.

Marie showed a lot of her evilness for the 1st half of the race. :funny: It somehow makes me think that she doesn't feel like going back to TAR 24 because of this fame/infamy. :lol: ???

Ice girls got 6th place, if not 7th. :lol: That's all they've been getting for the 1st half of the race. :funny:

:pity Nicky & Kim almost winning the leg. :( They'd prob'ly be out soon. :( I wish they'd win a leg, at least one.

Detour was :tantrum unequal :groan: , completely unequal! :gaah:

The roadblock was... pretty good. :)

Checking Wikipedia - TAR4, I saw the names of few places being recycled. I already forgot TAR4 but I watched it back then. ??? How I wish I have time to watch it... and the link. (Where do I get it? ??? )

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2013, 06:56:18 AM »
And this leg has recycled a few places visited by TAR 4 before... so it's really, just meh.

The pit-stop is the location of the Fast Forward in Amazing Race 4 LEG 3, where Steve and Josh are required to search the grounds of Schönbrunn Palace for a ballroom wearing formal attire, then carry a tray of champagne filled glasses through waltzing couples. (and did they just use waltzing couples for the Detour?)

The fast forward here, is the Roadblock of Amazing Race 4 LEG 3, where one team member had to bungee jump 460 feet (140 m) off the Donauturm.

Even the mask detour was recycled from TAR 4, although not its location. In TAR 4 they had to match the mask in Venice and it was a RB.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2013, 07:20:37 AM »
quote author=kiki link=topic=29515.msg945332#msg945332 date=1383569778]

Even the mask detour was recycled from TAR 4, although not its location. In TAR 4 they had to match the mask in Venice and it was a RB.
[/quote]

I guess with it being the Tenth Annivesary of TAR4 (and then some), it would be fitting to pay tribute to that season.  Similar to Season 9, it was an underrated season but such a memorable one (originally was treated at the show's series finale, IIRC).

Having said that, while the show recycled from a past season, it was worth it due to the tasks themselves, the teams performing them, and how well or awful they did.[
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2013, 10:38:24 AM »
Vienna looks great, but i think leg 4 was better than this one. the detour seemed too easy and nobody chose the other detour.
Nicky and Kim almost finished in first again. Damn... i really want them to win at least one leg before they eliminated  :(

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2013, 10:57:55 AM »
I don't care that they used some old tasks as long as it still brings many great moment. And I love Singing test. I don't why many said that's unfair task. You can see Tim was still bad in the end but he got the melody, pitch, notes and lyrics. That's enough to get the clue.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2013, 11:02:37 AM »
I don't care that they used some old tasks as long as it still brings many great moment. And I love Singing test. I don't why many said that's unfair task. You can see Tim was still bad in the end but he got the melody, pitch, notes and lyrics. That's enough to get the clue.

Yeah, and I have a better voice than Tim, although I would hardly call mine great!  What's more, I think I have a better sense of melody and pitch than Tim did, and since I have a great memory and minored in Spanish in college, I think I could have gotten the pronunciation of the lyrics down quickly enough!  I'd have done the task, partly because I love being in the spotlight, partly because I think I could have done a decent job with the task.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2013, 11:29:14 AM »
The task was unfair enough for Tim to fall all the way back in last place before he finally got the clue, duh.

I mean, his voice really suck. But some people are naturally tone deaf/can't sing and that's why it's unfair? What if you have two tone deaf people in a team and your favourite team gets eliminated... just because they can't sing. Lame, no?

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2013, 01:03:31 PM »
Too bad the detour wasn't a choice between the singing and the chandelier.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »
The task was unfair enough for Tim to fall all the way back in last place before he finally got the clue, duh.

I mean, his voice really suck. But some people are naturally tone deaf/can't sing and that's why it's unfair? What if you have two tone deaf people in a team and your favourite team gets eliminated... just because they can't sing. Lame, no?

That's why It is a Roadblock where you need to choose only one people to do that. Why did not Danny do that if Tim was terrible with singing? I think with the clue Choir boy in heart, they definitely could think the task related to the choir, singing...

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2013, 04:49:59 PM »
I think it's because they want to split the amount of Roadblocks they did. As far as I remember, before the choir Roadblock, Danny has done 4, while Tim 2. So, like it or not, Tim must do this Roadblock. But, actually Danny still can do this one, just like Travis (and Travis & Nicole's Roadblock's split is now 5-2).

What intrigues me is why they put a footage of Tim & Danny at the end of their confessional? Is it now become a tradition for 7th placer (Pam & Winnie received the same thing last season) or does it mean the producer likes them and they want to bring Tim & Danny back? I hope the latter :p
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2013, 05:02:30 PM »
This is without any doubt, one of my favorite episodes. Hated seeing team Oklahoma leave. Now all my favorite teams are out.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2013, 08:40:58 PM »

That's why It is a Roadblock where you need to choose only one people to do that. Why did not Danny do that if Tim was terrible with singing? I think with the clue Choir boy in heart, they definitely could think the task related to the choir, singing...

What makes you think Danny is better at singing?

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2013, 02:09:27 AM »
I really don't have any complaints about this season so far, it's actually really decent, especially considering the lack of excitement in the most recent seasons (post UB). The only thing that just frustrates me so much is the soundtrack. Whatever happened to the editors of TAR17?! I swear ever since TAR18 the soundtrack has been flat and boring as hell. Take a look at TAR Canada and TAR Australia which always seemed to have upbeat music and keep the race feeling like an actual RACE. PLEASE editors for future seasons, is it that hard to change a song? Seriously!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2013, 03:24:29 AM »
I think a lot of people were requesting for a "switchback" type of leg. ??? Now they got their wish... half of it. :lol:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2013, 05:32:54 AM »

So what makes you think Danny is not better at singing? I don't think about unfair game, I think about how they choose the person to do it. Maybe if Kim, Marie, Nicole, Jason, Leo or Ashley did the perform, they could be bad as Tim, too.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2013, 07:21:12 AM »

So what makes you think Danny is not better at singing? I don't think about unfair game, I think about how they choose the person to do it. Maybe if Kim, Marie, Nicole, Jason, Leo or Ashley did the perform, they could be bad as Tim, too.

Well, you are the one who wrote a post saying that "Why did not Danny do that if Tim was terrible with singing?" so I'm asking you.  :funny: Because it was obviously a singing task and the clue of the Roadblock was pretty much straight forward, so Danny would have done it if he's more confident, right?

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2013, 07:43:00 AM »

Well, you are the one who wrote a post saying that "Why did not Danny do that if Tim was terrible with singing?" so I'm asking you.  :funny: Because it was obviously a singing task and the clue of the Roadblock was pretty much straight forward, so Danny would have done it if he's more confident, right?

I love Okla boys and did not want them to go but it's all about themselves to blame, not the game, in my opinion. Anyway, I will stop here.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2013, 09:33:14 AM »
I wonder if there wasn't an hours of operations at the opera house in Vienna. I would have expected teams to be separated a bit by the taxi ride from the station. But in the telecast we see somebody (not a racer) open the door and all teams rush in at the same time.

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2013, 10:17:09 AM »
I wonder if there wasn't an hours of operations at the opera house in Vienna. I would have expected teams to be separated a bit by the taxi ride from the station. But in the telecast we see somebody (not a racer) open the door and all teams rush in at the same time.

Yep, there was HoO, you can see on the insider video, they were waiting outside opera house.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2013, 11:20:03 AM »

When Team Oklahoma were the last ones at the Roadblock, Danny turned to Tim and told him that he (Danny) could not have done any better with the singing.  Classy teammate move!