Author Topic: Which detour will you have a problem doing?  (Read 8387 times)

Offline Rachel Berry

• RFF Not So Newbie
Which detour will you have a problem doing?
« on: November 01, 2013, 11:50:37 PM »
Which detour, rodeblock, speed bump, etc, would you have a problem doing or would have been difficult for you to perform for you?
For me the Bollywood dance roadblock in S19 would have been mortal for me or the cheese task in S14.
The detour in S22 in Indonesia called "Sandy Bottom" for me it would have been a nightmare.
What about you?
Jason & Amy to win TAR23

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: Which detour will you have a problem doing?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 01:43:27 AM »
For me, anything involving eating. If it's anything else, I could probably handle it </humble brag>
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 03:21:49 AM »
Anything involving muscle, transporting sacks of flour in Russia S13 for example. I will be killed if I do that task and let my teammate do that one :lol:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 04:31:12 AM »
I think I would suck at any dancing task (TAR20 Bollywood) and I wouldn't be amazing at some physical tasks.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 06:23:28 AM »
For me, anything involving singing or dancing.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
Height tasks. Would find it difficult but if push came to shove I would skydive but traversing between 2 building s is a big no no

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 10:57:28 AM »
Our family has this discussion all the time. We watch TAR every morning  :crazy: and always think of the dancing tasks as the most difficult. Within the past 2 weeks, we suffered through the Bollywood dance with Bopper/Mark and the country line dancing of TAR Canada. Both would have done me in.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 05:14:28 PM »
I really love this topic! My friends at work who watched discuss this every Monday after TAR Sunday. So glad some Rachels' minds think alike, while some... are hair extensions and annoying laughs. Anyways, I'm not a pet person. I don't like dogs, I don't like cats, and I certainly would never hold a snake or catch a fish that butchers throw like at Seattle's Public Market. Anything involving muscular endurance or eating a large amount of weird delicacies would be my downfall on the race.

I'll start from season 1:

TAR1- As much as this season's India visit intrigued me the most, I would have lost it if I found out I had to travel to Karni Mata and experience an environment filled with rats. :faint: Thinking about it just makes me cringe into a ball. Nancy and even Karyn handled India and their teammates like pros despite their Pit Stop taxiing drama.
TAR2- In New Zealand, the sheep separating Roadblock would have angered me to... think of Mika's stress from the water slide + Ericka's stress during the duck herding from TAR15. That would be my frustrations trying to control the sheep into their pens.
TAR3- Chasing after goats in Very Swiss is just as frustrating as forcing sheep into pens, but grabbing a tiny bell off them is worse. I would have rather done Extreme Swiss than having to complain like Flo. Finishing the final Roadblock would be no problem at all. :res:
TAR4- Leg 7 in Allepey, India is animals all day long! I know the bull race would be karma for the viewers to cheer about and I would have done the task more than Tian, having mud caked in my mouth.
TAR5- Let's just say: "MY OX HAS MALFUNCTIONED! THIS IS "BULL"CRAP!!!" Also, Charla was simply extaordinary carrying that bulky piece of bloody meat in Uruguay AND eating a family serving of caviar in St. Petersburg. That is certainly something to give props to. Oh yeah, "That is the bad one." (pointing to the evil goat Detour in Egypt)
TAR6- The hay bales Roadblock in Sweden was devastating for Lena. Would have been another Sam & Dan rivalry all over again in TAR15. (Why am I mentioning TAR15 in everything?) The key task in Xi'An looks really difficult. Hayden & Aaron were even forced to quit when the last gondola of the day was expected to go down.
TAR7- Hands down would have :barf in Argentina if I was the one having to eat a few pounds of meat. "Rope A..." something Detour would be my downfall and that is only the first Detour of the race. Go Meredith & Gretchen and Debbie & Bianca!
TAR8- The family road trip in a Suburban would be a nightmare singing folk songs like "I've been working on the railroad," and "B-I-N-G-O" all drive long. )-** That would have been a terrible "task" to do.
TAR9- I... don't remember any tasks from this season! :ascared The route was so all over the place.
TAR10- When Kandice fell off her horse and was dragged on the ground in Terelj... that was the scariest thing I've seen for a team next to Gretchen falling in a hole in Botswana. The  "Fill It Up" Detour with the ox didn't make anything better. The yurt disassembly choice would have taken longer for me though if I didn't have a teammate that knew what he or she was doing either.
TAR11- Everything looked so difficult this race, besides, this was ALL-STARS.
TAR12- Ari & Staella all over again... :badhorse: If I made it to the final Leg in Anchorage, the donkey would probably be there just for revenge towards me. (WHERE DO THEY FIND DONKEYS IN ALASKA? :funny:)

I'm not going to go way too in-depth.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 09:25:51 AM »
The hay bales roadblock in season 6 would have killed since I am allergic to hay.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 09:33:05 AM »
The hay bales roadblock in season 6 would have killed since I am allergic to hay.
I get hayfever but is usually local! It would be exhausting too

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 04:15:49 AM »
I suppose anything height-related or related to eating gross food.

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 12:42:33 PM »
For me, dancing would be difficult. 

But eating bugs or innards - that's what I couldn't do.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 01:14:21 PM »
Anything spider related = me in last

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 04:50:21 PM »
Anything that needs patience
like stacking watermelons from S20....

I also personally won't choose any task that involves counting, i'd rather do the finding needle in a haystack kind of task over counting

A puzzle task would be difficult for me because i'm so bad at it...The puzzle task from 16 looks really really difficult and can get frustrating because of the wind

I'am now and forever post-love

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 05:36:41 PM »
Counting I would like!

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 07:19:00 AM »
Any task involve eating. I've problem with eating weird foods. Like the Chinese Food Roulette in TARAUS or even the haggis making in S22. I prefer rolling 8 heavy beer tank instead of tasting that haggis.  :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 07:45:35 AM »
Anything spider related = me in last

Offline richard2013

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 09:55:29 PM »
Anything that you have to eat thats from the sea.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 02:10:08 AM »
I would definitely have a problem with diving or deep sea tasks. Honestly, I can swim good, but I have a real fear of deep waters, sea creatures and drowning. The only acceptable sea task I can do is the TAR 22 Bora Bora Detour, where they had to put on helmets and set up a dining table.

Other tasks I would have trouble doing:
Eating disgusting food (like TAR 14, the deep fried scorpions etc.)
Dancing (TAR 20 Bollywood dance)
Interaction with animals (limited to only snakes, bugs and pests)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 02:51:39 AM »
Definitely the Whisky Rolling Detour in TAR 22. As someone who has eaten Haggis, it is actually really tasty and IMO it was just brutal as a U-Turn Detour. I would also say the TAR 21 Synchronize or Alphabetize detour would kill me both ways. I can't synchronize swim and neither do I like libraries :lol:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 05:44:57 AM »
OMG that swimming task would suck!
Eating anything fishy other than cod is also bad lol

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline caboodle

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 11:20:23 AM »
Yeah, anything that requires patience=NO for me.
Both of the detours in TAR 20 with the watermelons and the harp are not for me, but ultimately I would have chosen the watermelons.

Deep waters or oceans and having to dive or swim would be extremely hard for me. Just like someone else said, the only one I would have done would have been in TAR 22 with setting up the picnic table underwater.

I'm really picky about my food too so anything like that roadblock in TAR 17 in China, no thanks lol

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 11:32:47 AM »
Ok, the funhouse in TAR22 was like my worst nightmare. Actually that german leg would've been my nightmare.

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 01:15:09 PM »
The child's play detour from S16 would also be tough for me, unless I run with a teammate who is strong and tall.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan