Author Topic: TAR 23 Ep 5 Gdansk, Poland "Get Our Groove On"  (Read 35321 times)

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
Re: TAR 23 Ep 5 Gdansk, Poland "Get Our Groove On"
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2013, 05:20:02 PM »

:ascared  Not totally sure on this one, but this may be where the "donut" challenge took place. (if not, then it should have).

Gdansk is where the longest residential building (in Europe) is found, known as the "falowiec" (wavy block).  Nearly a half mile long.  How could BVM pass up such a devious search challenge.  Try to find an address here!  Just throwing this out there, FWIW.   ;)

falowiec article

I think you may be right on that! I found a short polish documentary about this building and we can see the reporter coming in - for me it looks similar as the caps from the episode. (look form 2:58)

http://uwaga.tvn.pl/10973,wideo,55275,falowiec_-_poziomy_wiezowiec,falowiec_-_poziomy_wiezowiec,reportaz.html

I read some time ago that in one of the flats english princess Anne, daughter of Queen Elizabeth II had a supper (in 1991). Maybe they're going to find that particular flat?

I wonder if we may identify the actual entrance to this building - there are only 16 of such?

FOUND IT! It's the entrance 4B! We can see the crate in the window on the right from the entrance! Just like on the first cap of Marie from that place! (made by Google Street View)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:35:38 PM by runningblind »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2013, 05:49:53 PM »
Oh great job runningblind and Boingo!! You HAVE it! My entry from your vid is just an example, awesome to find THE one! :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2013, 05:55:10 PM »
Thank you georgiapeach ;) It's nice to finally feel useful here ;D  :<3

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2013, 06:10:36 PM »

:yess:   nice follow-up, rb.

here's falowiec on google maps ..... nicely placed halfway between Gdansk center and Sopot pier.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:33:54 PM by Boingo »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2013, 11:57:54 PM »
From the pics, I think the Afghanimals were u-turned. (1) The 1st u-turn slot was already taken when they got there, (2) Jamal said, "We have to u-turn someone," (3) Jamal was wearing the dance outfit from the dance detour, (4) Leo said, "We might be in last place right now," (5) and if I'm not mistaken, ??? there was a spoiler pic showing that they were performing the statue detour.

I'm just wondering who u-turned them. ???

And also, pic 21 is not long beards, I think it might be Oklahoma, I'm just not sure though. ???

My theory: Someone u-turned Afghanimals, then Afghanimals u-turned Oklahoma (maybe because Afghanimals were sure Oklahoma were behind)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2013, 07:06:44 AM »

I've narrowed down to everyone except Ally & Ashley  :funny: :funny:

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2013, 07:22:29 AM »
From the pics, I think the Afghanimals were u-turned. (1) The 1st u-turn slot was already taken when they got there, (2) Jamal said, "We have to u-turn someone," (3) Jamal was wearing the dance outfit from the dance detour, (4) Leo said, "We might be in last place right now," (5) and if I'm not mistaken, ??? there was a spoiler pic showing that they were performing the statue detour.

And also, pic 21 is not long beards, I think it might be Oklahoma, I'm just not sure though. ???

My theory: Someone u-turned Afghanimals, then Afghanimals u-turned Oklahoma (maybe because Afghanimals were sure Oklahoma were behind)

I will be surprised if it was one of the couple team, or Brandon and Adam
I am leaning towards Nicky and Kim or Tim and Danny (if they were actually ahead, and as Danny stated in leg #3)

and yes, It absolutely was not The Ice Queens.

well look on the bright side. Leo and Jamal used their shot this leg. Next double u-turn pops out, they ain't got nothing... NOTHING!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2013, 07:47:13 AM »
With the iPads, I thought teams no longer had to carry their courtesy of photo? And this season it seems to go back to traditional choosing a team photo and pasting it up? Maybe it was too fragile to bring the iPads around. :funny:

TARP_Lover

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2013, 09:05:30 AM »
I actually think Afghanimals get U-Turned by any of the teams except Ice Crew to be honest. Almost all the teams hate them :lol:

And there was a spoiler or a live sighting of them doing the statue and talking about a U-Turn. I guess they did the Statue task first, then got U-Turned.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2013, 09:36:19 AM »
I actually think Afghanimals get U-Turned by any of the teams except Ice Crew to be honest. Almost all the teams hate them :lol:

And there was a spoiler or a live sighting of them doing the statue and talking about a U-Turn. I guess they did the Statue task first, then got U-Turned.

i beg to differ, I think they did the statue thingy after they did the dancing

u see, in the preview, ass-animals arrived at the U-Turn mat the first time with their dancing gear on. And in that moment one of them also said "we gotta u-turn someone"
and just to be clear, also in that moment, one slot of the U-turn board was utilized, and the second one was still null. :)

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2013, 09:45:43 AM »
I am curious
do you think all the other teams just agreeing upon u-turning the "Ice-ganimals" alliance, with the animals being u-turn first?
was it like last season when every other teams except for Team Youtube and RollerDerby moms made a pact to u-turn Team Youtube,you know, whoever arrives first at the board would do it.

if so, that means Nicky and Kim were first on that board because when they arrived, both slots were still empty. I'll be surprised!!!!  :wohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2013, 10:26:09 AM »
Chateau has suggested that the reason we have HOLES in the board is that an iPad could be popped in there? Funny to have a hole for a picture alone, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2013, 10:45:59 AM »
Chateau has suggested that the reason we have HOLES in the board is that an iPad could be popped in there? Funny to have a hole for a picture alone, lol.

then why there was a box with team pictures in it attached to the board? and there was a smaller box attached to that box?
if an ipad was to be popped in there, there has to be something behind or near the board for power supply and maintenance and stuffs

i think they switch it back to using pictures because it would be more clear when the camera is taking a fast shot on the board, especially since the board was in open area. If they were using ipad, there should be a little refraction from the camera to the ipad screen possibly because of the sunlight, which will make the the records unfocused. The camera crew will have to take a moment to actually focus the camera and take a shot on the board, which will slow the team for a bit :)

and why HOLES were on the board, maybe so that the teams just attach the picture on that hole and get a move on. The previous version has teams to remove the sticker from the picture first and and then attach it to the board. this way it was a little bit longer and not efficient, I think. :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:05:49 AM by Zachary »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2013, 11:07:56 AM »

I've narrowed down to everyone except Ally & Ashley  :funny: :funny:

and yes, It absolutely was not The Ice Queens.

I forgot to specify, lol.  :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2013, 11:10:12 AM »

then why there was a box with team pictures in it attached to the board? and there was a smaller box attached to that box?
if an ipad was to be popped in there, there has to be something behind or near the board for power supply and maintenance and stuffs

i think they switch it back to using pictures because it would be more clear when the camera is taking a fast shot on the board, especially since the board was in open area. If they were using ipad, there should be a little refraction from the camera to the ipad screen possibly because of the sunlight, which will make the the records unfocused. The camera crew will have to take a moment to actually focus the camera and take a shot on the board, which will slow the team for a bit :)

and why HOLES were on the board, maybe so that the teams just attach the picture on that hole and get a move on. The previous version has teams to remove the sticker from the picture first and and then attach it to the board. this way it was a little bit longer and not efficient, I think. :)

I think someone will just have to attach a board (similar to bulletin boards, whiteboards, etc...) if a team will use a u-turn.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2013, 08:07:41 PM »

some confessionals im kinda fixated on the lighting ..

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2013, 08:21:20 PM »
some caps from tv promo

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2013, 09:20:08 AM »
Why no poll this week ?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2013, 09:00:50 PM »
You know, no one looks sad in their confessionals. Tim and Danny do look very dejected at the Polka. So...

Could we have a TBC for ep 4 AND a NEL for Ep 5? ??? We are overdue a NEL....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2013, 09:06:00 PM »
Thanks Candi for the pretty caps and the press pics!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2013, 09:14:23 PM »
You know, no one looks sad in their confessionals. Tim and Danny do look very dejected at the Polka. So...

Could we have a TBC for ep 4 AND a NEL for Ep 5? ??? We are overdue a NEL....

This is exactly what I thought too! It would be something kind of new and unexpected. We haven't a TBC followed by an NEL have we ???

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2013, 09:15:23 PM »
With a double u-turn in the same leg and the express pass to give away on the same leg? There better be a team eliminated that leg because is gonna be a tough one

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2013, 09:20:48 PM »
Can everyone see this or not? ???

SNEEK PEEK!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UAe6t4OkI74" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UAe6t4OkI74</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2013, 09:28:28 PM »
I can see it :tup: