Author Topic: pre-TAR 24 speculation  (Read 37979 times)

Offline Air

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chinsanity
Re: pre-TAR 24 speculation
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »
If we're getting Australia from Asia or the US or some random Oceanic islands my prediction is Melbourne.
Lee Lin Chin - National Treasure

Offline Theodorus

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • A million dollars? Drink with Jamy after the show?
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2013, 09:18:37 PM »
Since it's a returning players season, I speculate the route will be "wilder". I can understand why they choose countries that's been often visited back in S18 because they shoot in HD camera for the first time, so they need to adjust things. Some new countries are a must, I think. Angola, maybe? It isn't on US Travel Warning list. I also can see they visit Central America or South America. For Asia, I think Philippines won't be visited because it's still on the travel warning list, but I really hope they'll visit Philippines. *prays*
TAR Greece: Soon. DTAR 2: Soon
#FF7F50

Online claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I'm on probation right now, and please be careful.
    • Apprentice Talker
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »
My prediction will be 6-continent season on a westward route:

1-2 legs in Oceania
3-4 legs in Asia
2 legs in Africa
3 legs in Europe
1 leg in South America

Oceania
Australia, probably Melbourne and will visit first, having had recently visited in TAR Norge 1 and the city never visited in the original version. Qantas and United Airlines has flights to/from Los Angeles, only Qantas has direct flights between LA and Melbourne.

Asia
The Philippines (my country), hasn't visited since TAR5, but has been stapled on numerous visits in international versions as well, the recent is Velyki Perehony (the Ukrainian version of Race). Although the southern part of the country has an extreme caution of travel warning list, only the northern part of the country (specially the island of Luzon) is probably safe. Let's pray for Philippines on TAR24 visit. #PrayForPhilippines

South Korea. Last visited since TAR17, but only Gyeonggi Province and Seoul were visited. This time, Seoul will be have a full leg there, including Gangnam district, scouting to learn "Gangnam Style" dance.

Sri Lanka, same description; hasn't visited since TAR6, but has also recently visited in Velyki Perehony. Like the Philippines, it has stapled with numerous visits. Colombo never had a Pit Stop in the original version, the exact possibility for the Pit Stop is Negombo, a coastal city close to the international airport.

Africa
After post-UB, no more Malawi, Tanzania and Botswana...

Let's go to South Africa, last visited since TAR7 with only Jo'burg and Cape Town visited. Like the countries above, it will have a scenery view of safaris and wildlife.

And no other African countries in the Central part of the continent on the Atlantic coast (Angola, Benin, Cameroon, Gabon and Togo) will visit there, except two Congos.

Europe
Lots of European countries to visit: Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Latvia, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia. Only Bosnia and Herzegovina was recently visited in HaMerotz LaMillion 2. This is a possibility of the teams could race on a cold pre-winter snap in the months of November and December. Moldova could chance to have visit there and despite on being the poorest country in Europe. Finland could host a race there and never had a Pit Stop before.

And parts of Spain (not including Barcelona and Mallorca) will get a chance to race, probably including the capital city of Madrid.

Plus, no more (Metropolitan) France and Germanic countries (Austria, Germany and Switzerland).

South America
Brazil. Rio de Janeiro was recently visited in TAR18; and it will have to get racing months before next year's World Cup. There is a chance to visit Sao Paulo (the country's largest city) for the penultimate leg. Other Brazilian cities could have an option to visit: Belo Horizonte, Brasilia (the capital), Curitiba, Manaus, Natal, Porto Alegre and Recife.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:07:34 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #SweetScientists <3
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2013, 01:27:25 AM »
Gloria Delgado LandColombia plz <3333333333

:lol:

I would also love it if ever they came back to my beautiful country the Philippines.... IF a typhoon isn't here :/

Spend my days locked in a haze
Trying to forget you babe
I fall back down

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2013, 02:03:12 AM »
My speculation for TAR24 (if westward route):

Asia (3 legs)
I speculate South Korea to be visited first, because it's been only visited on penultimate leg. A full leg in Seoul and then a second leg in not-a-city leg will bring a good first impression. Then I speculate Brunei to be visited because it's never been visited yet and has a good potential (maybe they will pair it with Malaysia).

Africa (2 legs)
I agree with claude, they should visit South Africa. They can go to Kruger National Park or they can visit Oudtshoorn. Maybe they can visit the Cape of Good Hope.
Or maybe, next possible location is Morocco, but I doubt it because they just visited Middle East in TAR23

Europe (3 legs)
Because many places in Europe had visited post-UB, I can only think of Eastern Europe. Ukraine, Hungary, Slovakia, Montenegro, Romania, Croatia, etc should be visited (again). Then, the next location I think in Europe is Italy/Malta, just because last leg in Italy (TAR 20) didn't give me a good impression. Maybe a leg in Venice will give a good impression. About Malta, it's kinda obvious, this place needs a leg in TAR!

South America (2 legs)
Either two legs in Venezuela/Bolivia, or maybe a leg each in Uruguay/Peru/Ecuador. Why? Because there are many good opportunity and good places to visit in South America, but it seems that WRP only sees South America only consists of Brazil, Chile, and Argentina. :P

Central America (1 leg)
Since TAR19, I've been hoping for another penultimate leg in Central America. Guatemala and Costa Rica are a really good choice! Or maybe somewhere in Caribbean (Belize, Jamaica, or Trinidad and Tobago).. FYI, we only see Caribbean as a holiday prize for the first team to arrive at the Pit Stop, why just make them go and race there? ;)
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Let justice be done though the heavens fall.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2013, 02:05:14 AM »
Ooo! I didn't know there were so many Filipino fans here. Hehe.

I could see them going to the Philippines on TAR24 and have some kind of task helping out those that were affected by the recent typhoons (since they will for sure stay up north if ever they go).  I don't see them traveling any further south than Legaspi though just for the third version of the Jig or Pig Detour lol.  Especially with the earthquake this week and the hostility down south.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly known as Platinum
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2013, 04:48:31 AM »

I could see them going to the Philippines on TAR24 and have some kind of task helping out those that were affected by the recent typhoons (since they will for sure stay up north if ever they go).  I don't see them traveling any further south than Legaspi though just for the third version of the Jig or Pig Detour lol.  Especially with the earthquake this week and the hostility down south.

I think you're talking about the 4th version (which will definitely never happen :funny: ). That detour has been done three times already by TAR AUS, TAR Asia, & TAR Philippines.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2013, 05:01:28 AM »
I think I get it now: Returning Teams could mean teams before TAR:UB but didn't get the chance to race in UB like Brook & Claire.
So if this happens, I think their locked for this season. Other locks may include: Dave & Connor, Mopper, and... that's what I can think of for now.

For the locations:
As much as I want TAR to visit the Philippines, it's not possible as of now :( . I just hope they visit the Philippines soon. If they film in the Philippines at Nov-Dec, the traffic drama could be fun to watch but awful for the teams.

I think they'll visit Belize or Laos (one of the cancelled legs) this season.

I have a feeling that they're visiting Oceania this season. I'm just not sure if all the teams will get there or only the F4 will.

Definitely annoying, but I think they're visiting Indonesia again.

Maybe they'll visit one of the safe countries in the middle east.

I think they might visit a new European country.

And... that's it! This is just a speculation anyway, so I was just thinking that they'd annoy us more on Indonesia.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2013, 12:30:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure they'll go back beyond S18 for casting.
What about Nick & Vicki or Maria & Tiffany? :lol: I loved those teams, so I'd be stoked if they came back.

I also went through the past seasons in wikipedia and these are the teams I'd love to return and they deserve a second chance: Steve & Allie, Jordan & Jeff, Joe & Heidi, Azaria & Hendekea, Lena & Kristy (like, I know that's too far from reality... :lol:)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2013, 12:45:25 PM »

I think you're talking about the 4th version (which will definitely never happen :funny: ). That detour has been done three times already by TAR AUS, TAR Asia, & TAR Philippines.
That's right! I forgot the original was TARA lol I was only thinking about TARAu and TARPh.

Online SteKay

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • King Keith
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2013, 01:07:13 PM »
Azaria and Hendekia really should be brought back!
Hope

Offline amazingracer921

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2013, 10:39:03 PM »
Me thinks it'll be like a Survivor or Big Brother season where we'll see the mix of returning racers and newbies

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2013, 12:53:07 AM »
Me thinks it'll be like a Survivor or Big Brother season where we'll see the mix of returning racers and newbies
No, just no.
Survivor SJDS: Twinies #twin4win
TAR25: I like all of the teams (thanks for a good cast CBS)  but I espically like #sweetscientest, #cycliest, #wrestlers, #soulsurfers, also #Happy300

Offline Air

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chinsanity
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2013, 01:12:36 AM »
No, just no.

I agree. If we're getting returnees don't mix it because nobody will care for the newbs.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2013, 01:17:37 AM »
Okay, I'm going all out here on my predictions/fantasy race:

Starting Line: Unfortunately, it'll probably be LA again :/

Leg 1: Beijing, CHINA. A big city that hasn't been visited in a while. It's also a good stopping point to go to other places in China.
Leg 2: somewhere on the Yellow Sea, CHINA. This would probably be Dalian, Liaoning or Qingdao or Yantai, Shandong.
Leg 3: Vientiane, LAOS. Never been here before. They could use the original tar 19 legs.
Leg 4: Vang Vieng, LAOS. Nearby town. Plenty of things to do here (inner-tubing, kayaking, zip-line, spelunking, etc.)
Leg 5: Kathmandu, NEPAL. Another new country. I want to see them do things with yaks :D
Leg 6: Bhaktapur, NEPAL. Buddhist monasteries.
Leg 7: Transylvania, ROMANIA. Haven't been here in a while. They should do a Frankenstein play, where they have to memorize a long passage and act it out (Frankenstein has really hard vocabulary and language!). 
Leg 8: Helsinki, FINLAND. No race has ever had an entire leg in Finland :(
Leg 9: A Coruna, SPAIN. A nice little town on the Bay of Biscay/Atlantic Ocean. They could do challenges with native Galicians.
Leg 10: Prince Edward Island, CANADA. I know they just had an entire race in Canada, but the us version hasn't been here in ages. Time for a return!
Leg 11: east coast, USA. Maybe they could go somewhere obscure, like Charleston, South Carolina or the Outer Banks, North Carolina (fly a replica of the Wright Brothers' airplane?)

1st Place = Mark & Bopper!!!! Who wouldn't want them to win?!?!?!
2nd Place = Joey & Meghan. I love them in tar 22. And everyone hated/hates them for some reason (first team to be U-Turned twice in one season), so I feel for them.
3rd Place = Pam & Winnie OR Natalie & Nadiya. I like these two about the same- they're strong female competitors that can kick butt
4th Place = Pam & Winnie OR Natalie & Nadiya. I like these two about the same- they're strong female competitors that can kick butt
5th Place = Jet & Cord. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Cowboys, and have no problem with them returning. However, this is their 3rd race, and teams deserve it more.
6th Place = Dave & Connor. I liked them a lot, but they're probably the team I like the least of the final 6.
7th Place = Caroline & Jennifer. I don't or like dislike them. They're just there. They weren't very strong competitors though.
8th Place = Andy & Tommy. They were too powerful (if that makes sense). They kept ripping off other teams by taking their first places.
9th Place = Tim & Marie. 'Nuf said.
10th Place = Brenden & Rachel. They're too annoying ("I hope we see the Tanzanian Devil!"..."I got 500 dollar extensions! Sob sob can't cut my hair sob!")
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Air

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chinsanity
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2013, 01:19:17 AM »
Doubt Laos. Apparently Thailand 2 of TAR19 was a ripoff of the Laos leg (correct me if I'm wrong) :P

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2013, 01:59:36 AM »
Doubt Laos. Apparently Thailand 2 of TAR19 was a ripoff of the Laos leg (correct me if I'm wrong) :P

Really? Well then. I guess you learn something new everyday. If not Laos, Philippines or Malaysia would be nice :)
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #BestSeasonsinceTAR14
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2013, 02:18:13 AM »
Visiting Laos itself will be a whole different experience for TAR. They will get a few new countries this time, THIS I BELIEVE. #faith #pleasedontdisappoint #producersareyoureadingthis?
We are all misfits living in a world on fire.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #BNB
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2013, 02:39:35 AM »
Visiting Laos itself will be a whole different experience for TAR. They will get a few new countries this time, THIS I BELIEVE. #faith #pleasedontdisappoint #producersareyoureadingthis?

Or at least a few countries that have been very rarely visited. Crossing my fingers for a Fiji leg!
It's Clobbering Time!

Online SteKay

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • King Keith
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2013, 08:24:55 AM »
I would definitely love to see the trainwreck Nick/Vicki again! And Maria & Tiffany are the first team since Nancy & Emily not to complete a detour ??? and be elim.? Would like either of those teams too!

I would like to see 12/13 teams and maybe 14/15 legs, though this would cost way too much
Hope

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2013, 08:28:19 AM »

Or at least a few countries that have been very rarely visited. Crossing my fingers for a Fiji leg!

Fiji leg!  :hearts: There is a possibility I guess.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Full Member
  • Heeey!:)
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2013, 12:56:49 PM »
Please, no more LA! :/

I hope they come to Spain! :D

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2013, 02:25:34 PM »
I think the race will go westward, and hopefully, this season's finale will complete the list of NL East cities.  :)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2013, 03:00:49 PM »
I would definitely love to see the trainwreck Nick/Vicki again! And Maria & Tiffany are the first team since Nancy & Emily not to complete a detour ??? and be elim.? Would like either of those teams too!

I would like to see 12/13 teams and maybe 14/15 legs, though this would cost way too much
Yay! Somebody likes the teams I like  :hearts: :ghug:

Online SteKay

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • King Keith
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2013, 03:02:19 PM »
After both FF teams in season 17 my favs were Nick & Vicki  :cheer: I would love to see Kentina back too vs Rachel vs Marie vs Twinnies plz  :cheer:
Hope

Custom Search