Author Topic: pre-TAR 24 speculation  (Read 124175 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: pre-TAR 24 speculation
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 06:23:18 PM »
I believe CBS should have America vote on who should return.

NO. We will then proceed to have complete borewhore/casual teams *yawns*

And NaNa, Maxie, people who were interesting etc won't return. This is bad.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 06:24:42 PM »
No because then we'd have GT and Cowbores again  :res:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 06:53:27 PM »
With regards to YouTube, Joey and Meghan said they were uncertain on whether to do the Race again due to the stress of it during their run of it, so it's uncertain whether they will return, although if they wanted to, they'd probably be locks

I don't see why WRP would need to bring back teams that have already raced twice, considering there are A LOT of teams which could easily make up an AS cast just from the past 5 seasons, but it's a shame we couldn't have one more season of newbies before TAR25, which sounds more appropriate for an AS season.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 06:58:41 PM »
Completly saying that Art & J.J will get back.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 07:20:40 PM »
I think Joey & Meghan would race again. Especially after the show helped Joey gain nearly 2 million subscribers

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 07:25:16 PM »
Joey & Meghan and Brendon & Rachel are the only two teams I don't want to return. Rachel & Joey just annoyed the hell out of me, Meghan and Brendon I had no problem with though.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 07:29:30 PM »
How dare some woman on Twitter trash talk RFF!

"they'll wait until filming starts, get some airport pics, then take all the credit for being "the first to confirm the teams".

Sorry for straying off topic - I would say there could be 12 teams ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013, 08:25:48 PM »
How dare some woman on Twitter trash talk RFF!

"they'll wait until filming starts, get some airport pics, then take all the credit for being "the first to confirm the teams".

Sorry for straying off topic - I would say there could be 12 teams ???

It's okay Stekay. There have been loads of spoilers/spec out there since May. I expect both of us have much the same info and prob both had our own master list early on, even if our info may be somewhat different. ;)

We just choose to handle things differently here. RFF doesn't toot it's own horn, people know where to come when the time is right.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2013, 08:40:46 PM »
Peach, because I can't comment to the contestant thread, what do you mean by the racers are safely underway? :) You may PM me and delete this post because I know this is not the right place to ask this. ;)

It's a little off topic but it's OK to ask. :) Safely underway is when the sightings start coming in about the race beginning and teams being sighted at the airport or other locations. Does this help?

Exactly!! Thanks TL and WP!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 09:14:15 PM »
I honestly think that WRP will only cast teams from the past 5 seasons and I agree with MrDS that a team will not race for a 3rd time. I think there could be an outside chance for some teams from Seasons 12 to 17  to maybe come back but I think Seasons 1 to 10 will not be represented an will be forgotten.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2013, 09:27:32 PM »
Shall we say something more about all those "spoilers"...? Hm...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 09:43:51 PM »
Pretty sure Twinnies are in it. But I NEED Pam/Winnie.
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2013, 11:56:17 PM »
Assuming we only have teams from 19-23, how do you think teams would rank against each other? We saw on UB that most of S14 teams (except Jen & Kisha, obviously) were curb-stomped, which made me believe that that season was particularly weak (see how it was won by a rather physically weak team, Tammy & Victor). S12 seemed somewhat weaker as well since the challenges were easier as compared to UB.

I predict the returning racers from S22 will be the weaker ones since most of them gave little to no fight and were nearly dominated in the end by Maxie, who started out at the bottom. S20 was dominated by Davechel, so if 24 lacks an über team, the S20 returnees could begin to shine like Gary & Mallory. S19 and S21 were pretty much balanced so I think these are the ones to watch for surprises.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 02:13:40 AM »
Unless it's Charla & Mirna godesses <3
:kuss:
They are the only ones that deserve a 3rd shot. Maybe even the BQs.

Why am I getting this feeling of a mix cast between old and new racers.  :crazy:

I kinda hope not. That dynamic might work for Survivor or BB, but it'd be very strange on TAR.

And I definitely hope no Cowboys. That would be one of the worst casting decisions ever in the history of everything.  :groan:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:24:16 AM by dryedmangoez »

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2013, 02:41:24 AM »
I wish next season isn't All Stars tbh.
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2013, 04:02:11 AM »
No third timers!

Show content
Cowboys being speculated as contestants :res:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2013, 04:06:59 AM »
I don't know whether I'm excited to have an All Stars so soon.. but I enjoyed TAR18 so maybe this will be fun as well! As long as they make the race difficult!

I reckon we'll only get teams from TAR19 onwards. The only team pre-TAR19 that has a chance would be Brooke and Claire and I would absolutely LOVE to see them! My other predictions are:

Andy & Tommy - simply because they were so successful but didn't make it to the end
Bopper & Mark - I don't see why they wouldn't be brought back
Misa & Maiya - because they had potential but totally blew their first shot
Abbie & Ryan - nice team, heaps of potential but Frankfurt crushed them!
James & Abba - the passport incident is a great motive to come back
Amy & Daniel - they had a great story but the cab blunder screwed them over.. I reckon they would've made it far otherwise
Joey & Meghan - just because of their massive fan-base
David & Connor - their reason for being eliminated the first time gives them a good chance to come back
Chester & Ephraim - I think they deserve another chance! I believe there was a lot of personality we didn't get to see

Those are my predictions so far. I really hope teams aren't brought back for a 3rd time, and I also hope they're not doing half new teams and half old teams (like in BB) because that will just be irritating and UGH! Please choose wisely WRP!

sharon41

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2013, 04:26:05 AM »
Just want to apologize for starting drama about spoilers. Honestly was well intentioned on my part,thought the twitter info would be of interest and didn't know it would have the effect it did. I may not post much but I am a huge fan of TAR and would NEVER intentionally do anything to hurt the game.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2013, 04:34:18 AM »
Just want to apologize for starting drama about spoilers. Honestly was well intentioned on my part,thought the twitter info would be of interest and didn't know it would have the effect it did. I may not post much but I am a huge fan of TAR and would NEVER intentionally do anything to hurt the game.

No worries. This is not your fault.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2013, 07:06:41 AM »

Don't worry another minute about this. :) Welcome to RFF! Glad to have you posting!

:bigwelcome
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2013, 08:00:21 AM »
i will speculate about the routes
it would be either "south america - africa - europe - asia - U.S" or "Europe - Africa - Asia - Oceanian - South america - U.S"

Brazil has never been visited since season 18. so it would be a contender. India has also never been visited since season 20. it would also be a top contender. Indonesia, which has never been visited would also be a top contender  :funny: :funny: :funny: ( you know i'm kidding right, ) so btw here are my top contender countries
- Brazil ( not Rio De Janeiro please)
-China ( would love this country to be a penultimate, it's been 7 seasons, Beijing or Tianjin could be visited as well)
-India ( starting to miss it)
-Philippines ( like really, i can see how fans from philippines can't wait for its visit)
-Czech Republic or Hungary ( i see how AR is actually spreading their visits throughout the entire seasons, Czech republic hasn't been visited  since season 15 and Hungary since season 6, they're beautiful and would make a good intense 4th or 5th leg)
-all african countries except the ones which are dangerous and have been recently ( i want gabon and it's safe, however african countries are always chosen randomly)
-Australia ( however, Australia was also visited in the last all star so the probability will be lower than the others)
-oceanian countries ( Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, just mention it, they're all beautiful exotic countries and completely safe. curious about them being penultimate legs.)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2013, 04:16:27 PM »
As much as I'd love to see TAR go to the Philippines for TAR24, I don't think now's probably the best time with the earthquake this week and the strong typhoons the last few weeks. =(
At the same time, I could see TAR going and staying up north and doing some task that help out those affected or something.  But I doubt it.
Maybe TAR25. =)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2013, 04:21:10 PM »
I would love to see TAR head to another island group like the Seychelles, maybe Cape Verde. I would also like to see them in Luxembourg for a switchback and maybe Finland or the Baltics.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2013, 05:03:28 PM »
I wouldn't mind if this season returns to India or China but not both in my opinion, I also feel that the route should go through 6 continents with 13 legs in total, Maybe 2 or 3 legs in each continent at the most, No 5 legs in Asia like Unfinished Business.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2013, 05:52:03 PM »
I would love to see TAR head to another island group like the Seychelles, maybe Cape Verde. I would also like to see them in Luxembourg for a switchback and maybe Finland or the Baltics.

Luxembourg has never been visited before so I have no idea what switchback you are referring too. Seychelles has already been visited.

Liechtenstein switchback.