Author Topic: pre-TAR 24 speculation  (Read 124180 times)

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: pre-TAR 24 speculation
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2013, 05:54:13 PM »
As for contestants, I'd say this won't be an All-Stars (but I have a huge list of who I want to return)

This season will definitely visit a new country. Slovakia, Slovenia, Laos, Nepal, Latvia, Central America, and maybe to an extent some Caribbean Islands (Bahamas, D.R., Barbados, etc.) are the most likely candidates. I think we'll see a revisit to China or India, but hopefully not both. I also think this season will not visit Indonesia (unless WRP just wants to make us mad  :funny:). Australia and the Philippines are also a possibility. I think Africa might be skipped over again, but if they do go there somewhere besides the typical southern African safaris would be nice (how about Gambia, Ethiopia, or Morocco?).
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »
I would love to see TAR head to another island group like the Seychelles, maybe Cape Verde. I would also like to see them in Luxembourg for a switchback and maybe Finland or the Baltics.

Luxembourg has never been visited before so I have no idea what switchback you are referring too. Seychelles has already been visited.

Liechtenstein switchback.

Not possible.

I don't think Liechtenstein will be visited, but I'm just curious: could they have an entire leg in Liechtenstein, or is it so small that they'd run out of possible challenges?

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2013, 06:01:42 PM »
As for contestants, I'd say this won't be an All-Stars (but I have a huge list of who I want to return)
This has been confirmed as an All Stars ;) or UB or whatever CBS comes up with.

TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2013, 06:04:28 PM »
I would love to see TAR head to another island group like the Seychelles, maybe Cape Verde. I would also like to see them in Luxembourg for a switchback and maybe Finland or the Baltics.

Luxembourg has never been visited before so I have no idea what switchback you are referring too. Seychelles has already been visited.

Liechtenstein switchback.

Not possible.

I don't think Liechtenstein will be visited, but I'm just curious: could they have an entire leg in Liechtenstein, or is it so small that they'd run out of possible challenges?

Guys Liechtenstein switchback in Luxembourg :lol:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2013, 06:11:53 PM »
My bad  :umn: But Airlines idea I meant that (not)  :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2013, 07:04:50 PM »
They should also make any All-Stars or returning Racers season harder than the usual TAR.  Harder tasks, trickier clues, etc.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2013, 08:21:02 AM »

It was confirmed!? I am TOTALLY out of the loop. When was it confirmed its all stars?

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2013, 08:38:53 AM »

It was confirmed!? I am TOTALLY out of the loop. When was it confirmed its all stars?

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,29471.0.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2013, 01:18:20 PM »
What was confirmed was Returning Racers. The name of the season is not yet confirmed here. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2013, 01:20:40 PM »
Maybe it's not an All Stars, maybe it's Redemption, bad luck teams? Not Unfinished business.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2013, 01:51:51 PM »
Wow, I think it is way too soon to have a returnee season, and feels like desperation. And if this season finishes lower than TAR23 in the ratings, could it be the final season for TAR?

With only 5 seasons to work with, there is no way that one of them will be left out. Unless BVM thinks one of them was very unique, to a point of bringing back more than half of the teams from that season.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2013, 01:56:47 PM »
Maybe it's not an All Stars, maybe it's Redemption, bad luck teams? Not Unfinished business.

The Amazing Race: Redemption! That would sound good.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2013, 02:12:19 PM »
I just can't see them getting a good cast without going beyond S18

RFF never confirms ANY racing team until they are safely underway. It puts that team at risk, and we choose to not endanger racers.
What do you mean at risk?

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »
It means that production might view the team as a liability to secrecy and choose to replace them with another team; in effect disqualifying them from the race.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2013, 04:08:32 PM »
..and this is not fair on teams, especially if a team had/has a fanbase.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »
So I'm going to sort of speculate on the route!

I can see Ocenia being visited for 2 legs. They could go to Fiji for the first leg which would be great and then on to either Australia or New Zealand

For Australia I'd say we won't see a leg in Sydney or New South Wales in general with the fires going on there at the moment. I could see Adelaide being visited as well as Hobart.

If they go to New Zealand I'd say we may get a leg in Wellington and possibly a leg in South Canterbury with a task possibly related to the filming of the Lord of the Rings.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2013, 05:56:26 PM »
Fiji sounds amazing  :hrt: I would definitely like to see USA --> Iceland --> Ireland (Dublin) --> Denmark --> Azerbaijan --> Gabon --> Oman/Dubai --> India (x2) --> Nepal --> Russia (Siberia) --> Japan --> Australia --> Fiji --> USA

This is too many legs but I like a lot of the countries

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2013, 05:57:30 PM »
I have a feeling TAR will visit a lot of our major visiting countries such as India, Russia & China.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2013, 06:03:40 PM »
I'd be fine with either India or China for one leg each but not 2 legs in each. That was one of my main issues with UB, Too much Asia. 5 legs was too many in my opinion and most the racers had been to both countries already so it was kind of over saturation of Asia for them in my opinion. This season needs to go to Africa, South America, Oceania, Asia and Europe in my opinion. With this sort of season you'd expect to have a very long and varied route.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2013, 07:08:19 PM »
Starting Line at Yerba Buena Island in front of the new Bay Bridge in San Francisco Bay.  Or Alcatraz (Shutdown over, it's back open! lol)
Swim (!) or row to shore to jump into an all-new Ford Escape waiting along The Embarcadero to drive to SFO.

Two choices to fly to first destination: Manila, Philippines
1: Direct Philippine Airlines Flight from SFO to Manila
2: Connect through either Los Angeles or Vancouver for Philippine Airlines to Manila
Flights arrive within 30 mins to an hour apart in the Philippines.

Please.  :yess:
(Hehe, just ignore me, I just need to get my mind off of the supposed list of teams otherwise I might just get upset again lol)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2013, 07:16:17 PM »

You and me both! Wow, how did I not notice a whole new section on the boards? :funny:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2013, 08:11:03 PM »
Well, at least this means no Big Brother team that might include GinaMarie, Amanda or McCrae. *shudder*  :funny:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »
If we're getting Australia from Asia or the US or some random Oceanic islands my prediction is Melbourne.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2013, 09:18:37 PM »
Since it's a returning players season, I speculate the route will be "wilder". I can understand why they choose countries that's been often visited back in S18 because they shoot in HD camera for the first time, so they need to adjust things. Some new countries are a must, I think. Angola, maybe? It isn't on US Travel Warning list. I also can see they visit Central America or South America. For Asia, I think Philippines won't be visited because it's still on the travel warning list, but I really hope they'll visit Philippines. *prays*
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »
My prediction will be 6-continent season on a westward route:

1-2 legs in Oceania
3-4 legs in Asia
2 legs in Africa
3 legs in Europe
1 leg in South America

Oceania
Australia, probably Melbourne and will visit first, having had recently visited in TAR Norge 1 and the city never visited in the original version. Qantas and United Airlines has flights to/from Los Angeles, only Qantas has direct flights between LA and Melbourne.

Asia
The Philippines (my country), hasn't visited since TAR5, but has been stapled on numerous visits in international versions as well, the recent is Velyki Perehony (the Ukrainian version of Race). Although the southern part of the country has an extreme caution of travel warning list, only the northern part of the country (specially the island of Luzon) is probably safe. Let's pray for Philippines on TAR24 visit. #PrayForPhilippines

South Korea. Last visited since TAR17, but only Gyeonggi Province and Seoul were visited. This time, Seoul will be have a full leg there, including Gangnam district, scouting to learn "Gangnam Style" dance.

Sri Lanka, same description; hasn't visited since TAR6, but has also recently visited in Velyki Perehony. Like the Philippines, it has stapled with numerous visits. Colombo never had a Pit Stop in the original version, the exact possibility for the Pit Stop is Negombo, a coastal city close to the international airport.

Africa
After post-UB, no more Malawi, Tanzania and Botswana...

Let's go to South Africa, last visited since TAR7 with only Jo'burg and Cape Town visited. Like the countries above, it will have a scenery view of safaris and wildlife.

And no other African countries in the Central part of the continent on the Atlantic coast (Angola, Benin, Cameroon, Gabon and Togo) will visit there, except two Congos.

Europe
Lots of European countries to visit: Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Latvia, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia. Only Bosnia and Herzegovina was recently visited in HaMerotz LaMillion 2. This is a possibility of the teams could race on a cold pre-winter snap in the months of November and December. Moldova could chance to have visit there and despite on being the poorest country in Europe. Finland could host a race there and never had a Pit Stop before.

And parts of Spain (not including Barcelona and Mallorca) will get a chance to race, probably including the capital city of Madrid.

Plus, no more (Metropolitan) France and Germanic countries (Austria, Germany and Switzerland).

South America
Brazil. Rio de Janeiro was recently visited in TAR18; and it will have to get racing months before next year's World Cup. There is a chance to visit Sao Paulo (the country's largest city) for the penultimate leg. Other Brazilian cities could have an option to visit: Belo Horizonte, Brasilia (the capital), Curitiba, Manaus, Natal, Porto Alegre and Recife.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:07:34 PM by claude_24hrs »