Author Topic: TAR 23 Ep 4 "Beards in the Wind" Lofoten, Norway  (Read 34140 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 23 Ep 4 "Beards in the Wind" Lofoten, Norway
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2013, 09:36:21 PM »
CBS just gave away Afghans as U-Turned :lol:

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2013, 09:48:23 PM »

Which cap was it? I couldn't see it.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2013, 09:54:35 PM »

Which cap was it? I couldn't see it.

Afghans are wearing two outfits, and were seen twice at U-Turn board.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2013, 10:05:54 PM »
Detour should be Statue or Dancing. Maybe Afghanimals gets U-turned then they U-turned Okla guys or in verse because I remember Okla want to U-turn Afghanimals

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2013, 10:06:47 PM »
Detour should be Statue or Dancing. Maybe Afghanimals gets U-turned then they U-turned Okla guys?

I would suggest that theory. Or possibly Brandon and Adam? I know one of those two going seem likely next episode.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2013, 10:08:24 PM »
Detour should be Statue or Dancing. Maybe Afghanimals gets U-turned then they U-turned Okla guys?

I would suggest that theory. Or possibly Brandon and Adam? I know one of those two going seem likely next episode.

Really? I just realize that maybe Okla guys U-turn Afghanimals then Afghanimals has no choice but U-turn their wives Ice Blondes.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2013, 10:13:20 PM »

Really? I just realize that maybe Okla guys U-turn Afghanimals then Afghanimals has no choice but U-turn their wives Ice Blondes.

Well, I read spoilers, and that is not gonna happen. Also, it seems like the F/Fs are ahead if you check the lighting of day.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2013, 10:18:36 PM »
Oklahoma U-Turning Afghanimals was preempted in Santiago.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2013, 10:24:57 PM »
I'm expecting one of the u-turns to be wasted on a team that is ahead...

Also I'm the only one who see Nicky&Kim in caps 11, 12 y 13 at the U-TURN board?  :crazy:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2013, 10:29:53 PM »
The U-Turn is just 500m from the Neptune statue, along the river right next to the medieval port crane here.

Straight down the plaza to the river, then along the river until you see the sign. This suggests the other Detour option should be close too, within the Old Town.

There's a cap of the Afghanimals (in dancing outfit) at the U-Turn board without any photos on it. Is it a doctored image or did they arrive before they could be U-Turned?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:44:17 PM by Neobie »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2013, 11:03:28 PM »

Those two are Afganimals, aren't they?

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2013, 11:13:20 PM »
The U-Turn is just 500m from the Neptune statue, along the river right next to the medieval port crane here.

Straight down the plaza to the river, then along the river until you see the sign. This suggests the other Detour option should be close too, within the Old Town.

There's a cap of the Afghanimals (in dancing outfit) at the U-Turn board without any photos on it. Is it a doctored image or did they arrive before they could be U-Turned?

Yes, I think I saw them at the U-turn board with empty slots on it. I think they just changed the Detour.

Offline Quoc Nghia

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2013, 11:47:02 PM »
I love this episode. The destinations, the tasks and the drama are amazing.  :luvya: But do Marie&Tim have to come back to the Route Info task to take the picture odd pit stop when they check in? Or not?

And next leg, how can the bunnies check in the U-Turn board ahead of many other teams. They are so far behind. I hope Oklahoma boys will be still safe next week.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2013, 12:00:58 AM »
I love this episode. The destinations, the tasks and the drama are amazing.  :luvya: But do Marie&Tim have to come back to the Route Info task to take the picture odd pit stop when they check in? Or not?

And next leg, how can the bunnies check in the U-Turn board ahead of many other teams. They are so far behind. I hope Oklahoma boys will be still safe next week.

I don't think so. They only need to coins to check in.
Bunnies catch up maybe due to the flight.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 23 Ep 4
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2013, 12:19:13 AM »
I'm confused, did I get the timeline right? (More in the Transportation thread.)

I have the teams racing in Svolvaer the "night" of 16/17 Jun, but they don't leave Trondheim until the morning of the 19th. Now this would suggest massive bunching by some weird itinerary mandated by TPTB (since there are faster ways to get to Poland), but teams arrive in Gdansk on different flights...

What happened between the Lofoten and Trondheim?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2013, 12:39:03 AM »
Right sightline, wrong island: the coin task was at Engoya not Sauoya, and the longhouse is near the inauspiciously named town of Borg.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2013, 01:01:46 AM »
I'm just watching the insider videos on the youtube channel and I just wanted to add that the whole speech from Marie about who's getting the Express Pass comes from Leg 1 Confessional so there is really no reason to believe she is gonna give it to Nicole&Travis.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2013, 03:31:30 AM »
I'm not sure about you guys but I thought this episode was superb! The season just keeps getting better each episode. To set the leg in a beautiful location is the first bonus! A difficult Detour involving the location's workforce was awesome! The boat ride and the Roadblock was the high rush adrenalin we don't get to see in TAR anymore besides premiere legs and final legs! and the boulder task was a nice quick touch.. and not to forget the touch of culture at the Pit Stop :) hope episode 5 is even better!

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2013, 03:41:01 AM »
I love how they show Nicole's bossy look to end the show! XDDD
NICOLE: "I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!!"
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2013, 08:15:50 AM »
I'm confused, did I get the timeline right? (More in the Transportation thread.)

I have the teams racing in Svolvaer the "night" of 16/17 Jun, but they don't leave Trondheim until the morning of the 19th. Now this would suggest massive bunching by some weird itinerary mandated by TPTB (since there are faster ways to get to Poland), but teams arrive in Gdansk on different flights...

The photo by King7 at the airport was POSTED on 1:59 AM - 19 Jun 13 ( I think that time could reflect the time I see (EST))

However, he never replied as to WHEN the photo was taken...so it is entirely possible that it could have been taken sometime before...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2013, 08:40:59 AM »
Yesterday's episode was superb. Not only because the visited my country, but also because I know some of the people who were at the party at the pitstop.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline grachevatw

• RFF Not So Newbie
did they get penalty when teams reached pitstop without the clue?
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2013, 10:22:04 AM »
I mean if Timarie followed ER doctors to pitstop
someone know the rule?

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2013, 10:44:25 AM »

The photo by King7 at the airport was POSTED on 1:59 AM - 19 Jun 13 ( I think that time could reflect the time I see (EST))

However, he never replied as to WHEN the photo was taken...so it is entirely possible that it could have been taken sometime before...

The sightings in Poland reflect quite well a morning departure from Trondheim on 19 Jun though, so we still have two full days to account for between Borg (Pit Stop) and Trondheim (airport)...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2013, 03:09:31 PM »
Oh goodie! Another lost leg :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2013, 03:30:22 PM »
Question:

If Episode 4 and obviously Leg 4, was a TBC or KR Leg, those that mean that Episode 5, will still be Leg 4 and Marie doesn't need to give away the EP until Episode 6 in the real Leg 5? or the second part of Leg 4 will be Leg 5?

Little bit confused...