Author Topic: TAR 23 Episode 2 Poll: Which Team's Race will Break in Chile?  (Read 4781 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
TAR 23 Episode 2 Poll: Which Team's Race will Break in Chile?
« on: September 29, 2013, 08:11:07 PM »
Wow, that was an intense premiere episode. It was kind of hard to watch the Express Passes end up in the hands of our "villain" team for the season, while the perceived protagonist/storyline team was the first team to go. :umn:

Here are some new questions for you to ponder on...and maybe answer if you want to.

Episode 2 Questions:
1. What did you think of the first episode? Did it live up to your expectations?
2. Now that we know which team has the two Express Passes, which team are they going to give the second one to?
3. What do you think is the significance of the title quote? Which team says it?
4. Which team will have a "communication blunder" at a bus stop? Will it affect their standing in the Race?
5. Which team will win Leg 2?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:40:49 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: TAR 23 Episode 2 Poll: Which Team's Race will Break in Chile?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 12:39:23 PM »
Now I am going to answer my own questions. This should be entertaining! :lol:

Episode 2 Questions:
1. What did you think of the first episode? Did it live up to your expectations?
It was a pretty good episode. It was fast-paced, but for the most part, we were able to follow what was going on, which was good. I didn't like how they skipped any/all airport drama and didn't show the departure order when teams arrived in Chile.
2. Now that we know which team has the two Express Passes, which team are they going to give the second one to?
I think Tim & Marie will either take a liking to the cousins or give it to one of the female teams.
3. What do you think is the significance of the title quote? Which team says it?
I think it's actually going to be Rowan & Shane that say the quote. One of them will be mad at the other, possibly for something that happens in Question 4.
4. Which team will have a "communication blunder" at a bus stop? Will it affect their standing in the Race?
Rowan & Shane. Will it cost them the Race? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
I could see Nicole & Travis or Jason & Amy winning the leg.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »
1. Loved the episode. Loved the starting point, the twist on the first roadblock-if you carefully read the clue it was apparent that the roadblock was not paragliding. The twist on the 2nd roadblock which only fooled the afghanimals and the father/daughter.
Would have liked more teams interacting at the airports.
2. Finally we could see some competition trying for the 2nd pass. I hope Bingo gets it.
3. A Bingo says it.
4. Footballers with Chester's tuning out Ephraim. (That's like a mom being able to tune out kids)
5 ER Docs or Boston.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 07:48:01 PM »

Episode 2 Questions:
Most of it, Yes. I needed more challenges though. Too fast to be the first leg.
Either Rowan&Shane or Nicky&Kim it totally depends on who is still racing.
Rowan&Shane will say that to each other before the Zip-Line.
Tim&Danny, probably will get them lost.
Nicole&Travis wanting to make it up for last time. I'm guessing Marie is gonna struggle with the roadblock (She doesn't seem to speak spanish) causing them to fall from first place. Amy&Jason could win too because Amy seems to have a better spanish than Nicole and she is doing the Roadblock.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:58:18 PM by Vitoko »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 11:48:34 PM »
1. What did you think of the first episode? Did it live up to your expectations? It was rather dry and unimaginative, maybe because they did a similar roadblock in TAR 20.
2. Now that we know which team has the two Express Passes, which team are they going to give the second one to? Probably one of the girl teams or the married docs.
3. What do you think is the significance of the title quote? Which team says it? Team Bingo disturbs one of the girls at the Bikini detour. One of the girl teams.
4. Which team will have a "communication blunder" at a bus stop? Will it affect their standing in the Race? Don't know. Probably no unless its a Liz & Marie type of situation.
5. Which team will win Leg 2? The docs or Jason & Amy.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 02:00:49 AM »
I really want the bearded boys to be underdogs till the very last leg. <3

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 03:46:55 AM »

And to do a Goat Farmers  :conf:

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 05:40:08 AM »
Episode 2 Questions:
Loved it so much, so exciting! :luvya: But, Hoskote & Naina :'(
Probably an all-female team, Jason & Amy or Leo & Jamal.
Little fight between Rowan & Shane and another team. Maybe, Tim & Marie.
Tim & Marie and yes, I think it will.
Nicole & Travis or Jason & Amy. :)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 07:08:56 AM »

Episode 2 Questions:
I hated it. Both RBs were boring, and the results were so ugh.
Too early to tell.
Rowan&Shane.
Tim & Marie. It will. I think it might blow their lead.
Nicole & Travis will push themselves to win. I just know it.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 07:23:46 AM »
Episode 2 Questions:

*vomits*

*points to people with beards*

*mimes pink hair, however you do this* *mimes verbal argument*

*shrugs*

*mimes doctors*

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 08:10:41 AM »

Ew Goat Farmers </3

Worst TAR winners ever post UB other than Banthony </3

Maxie Robbage </3

Twinnie Robbage </3

Trexie Robbage </3

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 09:37:27 AM »

Ew Goat Farmers </3

Worst TAR winners ever post UB other than Banthony </3

Maxie Robbage </3

Twinnie Robbage </3

Trexie Robbage </3

Twinnie robbage :torche My worst winners overall is Frendy/Kendra -_- (sorry for straying off topic I'll stop now hooky  :funny: )

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 10:11:20 AM »
Episode 2 Questions:
1. What did you think of the first episode? Did it live up to your expectations?  Somewhat, but I've seen a lot of seasons by now.
2. Now that we know which team has the two Express Passes, which team are they going to give the second one to?  Maybe Leo & Jamal.
3. What do you think is the significance of the title quote? Which team says it?  Team Bingo is bickering.
4. Which team will have a "communication blunder" at a bus stop? Will it affect their standing in the Race?  Tim & Marie.  Yeah, but not fatally.
5. Which team will win Leg 2?  The married doctors.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 02:28:13 PM »
Episode 2 Questions:

Better than some of the last premieres! (minus TAR22)

I can see people sucking up to Tim and Marie, but I think they'll give it to a weak team deliberately

Marie says it - she tweeted about it :p

Tim and Marie, and no, probably not

Travis and Nicole or Tim and Marie

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 09:58:46 PM »
Here are my somewhat bitter answers, still in rehab after my post-premiere tantrums.
1. Not very creative or interesting at all (:;)
2. I hope the second Express Pass passes out on the Chilean sand.
3. Rowan may say it while preparing/waiting for his turn of ziplining.
4. I think Chester & Ephraim since they may look big and scary for the locals. :lol:
5. Jason & Amy, I hope.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)