Poll

Do you like the new Graphics?

Yes
37 (68.5%)
No
17 (31.5%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: October 06, 2013, 08:24:05 PM

Author Topic: Do you like the new Graphics?  (Read 3503 times)

Online Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't Poke the Bear
Re: Do you like the new Graphics?
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2013, 10:11:15 PM »
I almost wonder if TPTB knew they were going to update the graphics this season regardless, or if maybe it was prompted by The Voice winning the Emmy this year?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2013, 12:37:39 AM »
I almost wonder if TPTB knew they were going to update the graphics this season regardless, or if maybe it was prompted by The Voice winning the Emmy this year?
I doubt the Emmy results had anything to do with it. The lead time the editors need is far more than a week, and between the revised theme, the updated graphics, and the new fonts, and the new set of background graphics for the opening credits, they couldn't have done all of that in a week, or 2 weeks, it would have taken longer.
-- theschnauzers

Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2013, 07:30:32 PM »
I loved it all, surprisingly, but I can't be the only person that misses Microgramma right?

(tbh the worst element in recent memory visually was the oversized U-Turn/Speed Bump signs but I doubt those will change)

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Greeter
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • '̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(◕_◕)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ - "The bad one"
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2013, 10:25:42 PM »
Graphics were a fine upgrade, but changing the intro so much just completely destroyed the feeling that this was the reality show I watched 9 years ago. (The logo, mainly) Not going to lie, by the just starting line and intro alone, I completely gave up on this show.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:28:56 PM by Snooky »

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Pam and Winnie for the next All Stars/ UB!!!
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2013, 11:09:29 PM »
Love the graphics but the intro made me dizzy.  :iok
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Survivor 26: Brenda a.k.a. SERENITY & Eddie a.k.a. I LIKE YOUR BEARD

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2013, 08:16:23 PM »
The intro music sounds weird to me at first, but I have gotten used to it. The beginning part of the intro, which it show "THE AMAZING RACE", honestly sounds like the beginning of a news report, combining with the intro music, but I love that they put a closer Earth view behind the title. After that, the intro sounds perfect to me, not too much of reusing the old shots from older seasons (well they use it in a good way that makes the intro look more perfect.), awesome background music that makes whole intro dramatic and cinematic. The another 2 turndowns of the intro are less intense music comparing with the intro from season 14-22, and Jason sneaking out on the scene (it scares me at first! Lol).

The new graphic...hmmm..., I love and hate it. The black background sounds cool and make me easier to read the words. However, it looks cheap at the same time; it sounds like a 3D version of what those home productions will put their lower thirds on. And also it loses the color that indicates what kinda tasks it is: blue (route info) and red (roadblock). I'm really curious about how the Detour will look like.

Overall, the change towards to the good side. I love the show! =]
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
TAR 23: Nicole/Travis, Jason/Amy, Tim/Danny, Leo/Jamal

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
  • #TeamYoutube , #TeamJumba , #ShoeyDawceffa
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2013, 10:28:14 AM »
Haha i think it sounds like a news report in the beggining too hahaha
Creating Routes ~
#TeamYoutube for Allstars / UB
# BRING BACK BROOKE AND CLAIRE

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2013, 10:36:39 PM »
What comes to my mind the first time I hear the intro is that maybe they were trying to mix it with some traditional instruments from some destinations in the world that they've been going through...

Just like that Survivor intro who mix it with some tribe's music where ever the show was filmed... We can notice them obviously that every seasons the intro was changed (even though the main theme is still there) but they mix it a little with the local instruments..

For the graphics, I think I like them, it's just a bit hard for the leg designers to use it in their fantasy game :P
Don't ever put {hashtag} '#amazingrace' if you don't want to be chased by RFF's TAR Detectives 8)

Online Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't Poke the Bear
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2013, 11:04:29 PM »
Liked the new Detour graphic! :tup:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2013, 01:31:10 AM »
Like the new globe graphics and the new logo in the credits. The rest, not so much. The task title graphics are particularly awful - having made graphics for TV in the past (yay film degree), avoiding huge blocks of dark shades is basically the first rule of making graphics in colour, and putting relatively dark shades of red and blue on top of it doesn't help. The Detour graphic is slightly better, but still pretty terrible.

Custom Search