Author Topic: TAR 23 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays  (Read 32523 times)

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Re: TAR 23 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »
When I said Denver was affected, what I meant was that their programming would be pushed back, but not TAR.  The announcers always mention that during the East Coast promo.  That's my fault since I wasn't clear on that.

Why do you think that? They do not alternate, btw. CBS and FOX work out between them who has double header every week. They do it so it equals out by the end of the season. FOX likes to have single games early in the football season, because they have MLBaseball playoffs. CBS likes double headers early and late in season, so it doesn't mess up too much with their prime time schedule.

But I will concede that guessing a year in advance only gets you a 50/50 chance at being right.

Yeah, I did say that I think CBS will get the double-header next year.  Totally a guess.  I'm aware how the NFL scheduling works in general and that the double-headers don't alternate between FOX and CBS.  Next year does start a new TV contract, where a game can be flexed to a different network.  But that is for another day, just a random guess; my hope is that TAR can always start at the same time for everyone for a finale (especially the finale)
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2013, 04:37:13 PM »
As a general rule, locations in the Mountain Time Zone do get the west coast feed, but not always.
There are some locations that are two hours behind the east coast feed for programming and are a hour ahead of the west coast feed, and some locations are so close to the dividing line between the central and mountain time zone areas, they follow central time and thus, may choose between the east coast feed or the 2 hour behind mountain time feed. (This has been apparent to me from voting patterns tracked on Dial Idol for AI voting during that season.) It is complicated. But those of us who are trying to give a heads up about where there may be delays try to be cautious and give y'all a heads up about the possibility so you can plan accordingly.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2013, 06:05:17 PM »
CBS has one late game today.......Tennessee at Denver. It starts at 4:05pm eastern. At normally 3 hours a game, time will be tight for 60 Minutes to start in the viewing area. Good news is that Denver should win easily. The viewing area includes the following..........

Both Dakotas, western Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Detroit/eastern Michigan, Houston, Philly, Baltimore and all of Tennessee. Also Atlanta, Birmingham, Huntsville, northern Mississippi, small portion of eastern Ark (Memphis area) and southern Kentucky.

I sure hope that Manning makes quick work of the Titans so everyone can watch TAR at the same time.

If I still lived in Philly, it would affect me.  Fortunately for me, I'm now living in Raleigh, NC, which is not affected!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2013, 06:26:28 PM »
Well Tenn/Den is running pretty late.....sorry for all those of you that are stuck with that game......the game is not even very

Why do all the tweets from CBS ALWAYS say for eastern and central time zones? Because CBS know that mountain and pacific are never affected. I have friends in Denver and they have NEVER been delayed by football overruns.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 06:33:06 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2013, 07:28:00 PM »
Well there was a 26 minute overrun in all those cities that had the late game.
Matthew 7:15