Author Topic: Julie confronts Aaryn  (Read 2085 times)

Offline northernlite

• RFF Sr. Member
Julie confronts Aaryn
« on: August 30, 2013, 10:29:53 AM »
How did you feel about last nights confrontation?  It made me very uncomfortable and I have worries about how a 22 year old girl is going to handle all the fallout of this.  I just feel Julie was using a bully pulpit which makes her a bully.  :meow:

Offline dixonduke

• RFF Full Member
Re: Julie confronts Aaryn
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 10:33:26 AM »
How did you feel about last nights confrontation?  It made me very uncomfortable and I have worries about how a 22 year old girl is going to handle all the fallout of this.  I just feel Julie was using a bully pulpit which makes her a bully.  :meow:

I think Julie was doing her job. She confronted Aaryn with the questions the viewers would want asked (without divulging outside world facts). I would have been disappointed had she not asked, in fact I stated to my family, "she's not going to let her get off that easy" after Aaryn's initial answer.

I will say that Julie certainly had a look of disgust on her face the entire interview.

Offline northernlite

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »
Yes, but Julie is an adult with years of media experience while Aaryn is a girl that is just starting to realize that media can make or break you. She has NEVER threatened to kill anyone like Amanda has. I hope Amanda will get the same treatment and not be sheltered from it by her friend Allison.  I think Julie has also done some not so nice things in her life, I am not a huge fan of adultery.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 01:30:41 PM »
Aaron is not a child that needs protection.  She is an adult.  I don't think she made a stupid mistake.  I believe that is the way she is.  I hope she learns and grows with this experience.  She has a family and friends that appear to love her and will help her through it. I'm glad Julie brought it up because it will cause her to question her actions in the jury house.  Maybe it will allow a good conversation with Helen and Candice and they can help her through what she was feeling after the interview last night.  I feel Julie was doing her job.  JMO
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:44:33 PM by bee1233 »

Offline onthecusp

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 05:55:51 PM »
Yep.

Julie handled the exit interview no more or less than I had expected. She handled herself as a professional and was not unkind to Aaryn in the least.

It was the audience who reacted honestly that Aaryn was the most surprised by and she expected Julie to take up for her.......not.

Hopefully this little encounter will help prepare Aaryn for the outside world as Julie also warned her about and didn't have to.