Author Topic: TAR 23: Ally Mello & Ashley Covert " LA Kings Ice Crew-Friends"  (Read 32314 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Ally and Ashley

Ally and Ashley     

Name: Allison “Ally” Mello
Hometown: Los Angeles
Connection to your teammate: LA Kings Ice Crew Girls and friends
Current occupation: LA Kings Ice Crew Girl
Describe what you do: As an LA Kings Ice Crew member we orchestrate all in-game promotions and clean the ice at every TV time out. We also do appearances in the community which help raise money for the Kings Care Foundation.
3 words to describe you: Vivacious, creative and driven.
Favorite hobbies: Playing beach volleyball, running around with my dogs and exploring new areas without a plan.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Graduating from CSULB with honors while working hard to support myself. I went from living in the small community of Turlock, CA to pursuing my childhood dreams in Southern California. I worked hard, stayed focused and I'm very proud of the choices I made.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kate Hudson – bubbly and blonde with a touch of sassiness.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Ashley is a mixture of Jenna Marbles (same look and witty personality) and Victoria Beckham. Ashley has more clothes and heels than any other girl I know. She’s a bit of a fashionista!
What scares you most about traveling? Getting sick.
What excites you most about traveling? The opportunity to submerge myself into lifestyles of other cultures! Learning about other cultures has always been a fascination of mine.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We work really well together so I can’t think of anything.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Ashley takes up too much space when getting ready at the Staples Center. She likes to spread all of her stuff out on the counter. Pretty sure she has at least three of my make-up brushes.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Paris, because I have always dreamed of standing beside the Eiffel Tower! I have an Eiffel Tower necklace that I love to wear, and I have several Paris themed pieces in my home. Would be a dream come true!
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to come back not only having a stronger relationship with Ashley, but to have some ridiculous stories we can laugh about when we’re old and wrinkly.

Name: Ashley Covert
Hometown: Los Angeles
Connection to your teammate: LA Kings Ice Crew Members and friends
Current occupation: LA Kings Ice Crew Members
Describe what you do: As an LA Kings Ice Crew Member, we clean the ice during every TV timeout and orchestrate all in game promotions. We also do appearances in the community, which helps raise money for the Kings Care Foundation.
3 words to describe you: Happy, sociable and clever.
Favorite hobbies: Spending time with my family, shopping and skating/working out.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Making the LA Kings Ice Crew! I learned how to skate for auditions and really pushed myself. I proved that if you really want something you can achieve it.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Emma Stone – she’s funny, witty and has great style, just like me.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Carrie Underwood mixed with Misty May-Treanor. She’s an all-American country girl but when it comes to sports Ally is a true gold medalist!
What scares you most about traveling? Nothing, except maybe my suitcase getting lost!
What excites you most about traveling? Everything! Learning new cultures and meeting new people. Seeing the beauty this world has to offer.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I am late to everything! Ally has to keep me in check all the time.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Ally is a people pleaser. She has to always make sure everyone is happy and if people are not happy, Ally isn’t, which can be kind of scary.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I haven’t done any traveling outside of the country so I would love to travel everywhere! New Zealand would be my ultimate travel spot. Every picture looks like a dream.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? An awesome experience that we can both look back on when we are 50! Also, to travel all over the world with my best friend, that is a HUGE gain in any friendship.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:03:19 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Ally Mello & Ashley Covert "Ice Girls and Friends"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 09:48:14 AM »

Ally and Ashley
LA Kings Ice Crew Allison "Ally" Mello (left) and Ashley Covert (right). Photo: Cliff Lipson/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:42:36 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Ally Mello & Ashley Covert "Ice Girls and Friends"
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 01:42:47 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: Ally Mello & Ashley Covert " LA Kings Ice Crew-Friends"
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 08:47:01 PM »
I can't say I'm super excited to see this team in the Race. It's not because they aren't attractive (obviously they are). It's just the fact that they don't seem to have any purpose in being on the Race other than to represent the LA Kings. Personally, I can't say that I much care about the LA Kings, and I can't stand incessant advertising. I want to watch teams of ordinary, everyday people that the average viewer can relate to, not more semi-celebrity teams that seem the same every season. We see enough of people of this type in the entertainment industry as it is; why does TAR need to show us more of them? Unless they can somehow prove to be different from the typical Cheerleader/Model/Actor/Singer/Sports team, why should they even be cast? What original, longtime fan of TAR is going to want to watch them?

I have nothing against them personally, it's just that they don't seem to bring much to the table that we haven't already seen plenty of in the past.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 08:57:39 PM »
Interesting to note theu were cast like bates and anthony because they were working in the nhl

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 07:05:38 AM »
Every season, we have to have a token blonde team aka Misa and Maiya, Kaylani and Lisa, Megan and Heidi etc.

I'm totally not excited to see them. But I will also be holding this judgement... Please, prove me wrong. I'll love you back double if you guys turned out to be the most entertaining team ever. <3

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 12:59:44 PM »
Graduated from CSULB! INSTANT LOVE :hrt:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
Check out these pics of the "Blonde Bombshells"!!

"CBS has announced the cast for the upcoming 23rd installment of The Amazing Race. One of the globe-trotting teams is the blonde-bombshell, Los Angeles Kings Ice Crew members combination of Ally Mello and Ashley Covert.
We’ve assembled a number of candid photos, bio information, social media links and more for the duo, Mello & Covert is a great team name btw, who are hoping to ice the competition and win a million dollars."

http://starcasm.net/archives/240504?fb_action_ids=10200936336264314&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210200936336264314%22%3A542153882504443%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210200936336264314%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 10:37:03 AM »
 <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/w8BoENNxu7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/w8BoENNxu7g</a>
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 12:59:22 AM »
Let's play spot the generic blonde team that will try to emulate successes of BQs but fail!

Prediction: F6-F4

Ranking: Upper-middle tier.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 04:47:44 AM »
No one can really touch the BQ's! I didn't like them in s10 (I was an underdog fan xD) but their cunning tactics in s11 and strong finishes made me appreciate them waaaaaaaaaay more. I think these 2 have the potential to win a leg here and there  :)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 04:49:51 AM »
*EXTREMELY UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT*

The BQs aren't really that great, they're only good because they feud. On their own, they really aren't spectacular.

*EXTREMELY UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT*

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 09:04:35 PM »
They are still well down on my all FF team list, with Charla/Mirna top and Twinnies second.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 09:49:50 PM »
So far I like these two girls. Hopefully they do well! I can definitely see an alliance with Leo and Jamal
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 09:43:41 AM »
Damn, I don't know why, but they are just one of my least favourites this season! I wish they had gone first :/
Is it that they're alligned with Leo & Jamal, who I also don't like at all??

I hope their middle-tier placings will stay that way...  :yess: Soz

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 11:58:39 AM »
dude, it's been three legs! what the hell are these two doing in the show? other than being Afghanimals' Ladies?

please release yourselves from that alliance! you will do so much better I guarantee :stare

last season the Country girls were in an alliance with the hockey guys but at least they didn't have their arms around them like ALL THE TIME!!!

I am always excited to see a Female-Female team pull something off their sleeves.
Last season there were three Female-Female teams and they were all Outsanding!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Now PLEASE DO SOMETHING !!!
see how Nicky and Kim pulled a magic at the airport? are they in an alliance? NO!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:05:19 AM by Zachary »

Offline Shelli

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 02:39:29 PM »
6-7-7-7-7-7 . so sucks.
I'm busy right now.
I'm pregnant.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 03:11:46 PM »
bottomgoddesses

Offline Shelli

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 03:34:17 PM »
bottomgoddesses

only i can be goddness.
I'm busy right now.
I'm pregnant.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 04:41:13 PM »
6-7-7-7-7-7 . so sucks.

IKR. This is the worst FF team we've had since...TAR20 :lol:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 05:28:39 PM »
6-7-7-7-7-7 . so sucks.

And that's with leo & jamal helping them through each leg :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 03:06:18 AM »
6-7-7-7-7-7 . so sucks.

And that's with leo & jamal helping them through each leg :lol:

TBH they would be better if they weren't the Afghanimal Girlfriends :res:

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2013, 04:42:47 AM »
Ugh. What are they doing sticking with the Afghanimals?
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 06:42:31 AM »
I think without Leo and Jamal they might do even worst tbh. :funny:

Basically, a really weak team, and with no luck + good decision making = mediocre performance. I do think they are stronger than Nicky and Kim, but it's just they are way too passive.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 07:01:24 AM »
And we think Nicky & Kim are walking the race  :funny: except they have all the luck going :lol: