Author Topic: Amazing Race Canada Renewed?  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Amazing Race Canada Renewed?
« on: August 05, 2013, 09:16:24 PM »
According to this radio interview with Hal

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/story/2013/08/05/north-amazing-race-canada.html

The series has been renewed through Season 5.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
Re: Amazing Race Canada Renewed?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 12:42:30 AM »
That's exciting! Surely at least 1 of those seasons will have international travel!
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 01:10:28 AM »
If this is true, I'll definitely be applying! :lol:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:42:30 PM »
In the Bag: The Amazing Race Canada

As supervising producer for The Amazing Race Canada, Mark Lysakowski scouts locations, from Vancouver Island’s rainforest to Newfoundland’s fjords and the tundra of the Great White North. We caught up with him before he took off to a secret destination.

When Mark Lysakowski isn’t producing shows like Canadian Idol and Top Chef Canada or casting Deal or No Deal Canada, he’s racing across the country. As supervising producer for The Amazing Race Canada, he scouts locations, from Vancouver Island’s rainforest to Newfoundland’s fjords and the tundra of the Great White North. We caught up with him before he took off to a secret destination.

What’s your packing style?
I’m very much a folder. I started out being a bit of a messy traveller, like kind of a hot mess. But out of necessity I got my act together. Otherwise, I’d look like an idiot in a wrinkly shirt.

How many miles have you clocked as a producer?
Bottom line: I’ve crossed Canada many, many times. At this point, I have a good understanding and appreciation for every part of the country. The Amazing Race Canada gives us unique access to things that not everyone else has access to.

Have you discovered an unexpected part of Canada?
We arrived in a blizzard on my first trip to Iqaluit; the airport was a bright yellow thing in the middle of all this white snow. When it cleared the next day, there we were overlooking Frobisher Bay, and I realized just how big Canada is. It’s great to travel the world, but I think people need to explore their own country first.

What’s on your travel wish list?
I’ve never been to Tofino; I have to get to Wickaninnish Inn. And beyond Canada, Australia is a place I’d like to explore.

Is it hard to choose The Amazing Race Canada locations?
Scouting the country in winter is always complicated. I’ve been snowed in many times, but you get to know a place when you’re delayed.

Source:http://enroute.aircanada.com/en/articles/in-the-bag-the-amazing-race-canada

-Article written on August 1, 2013 which indicates that he is scouting locations for the next season which also confirms season 2 will film across Canada. The Iqaluit info kind of gives away a leg being filmed there. However, "Scouting the country in winter is always complicated. I’ve been snowed in many times, but you get to know a place when you’re delayed." Its currently the Fall, so it might have had to do with Season one.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 04:37:58 PM »
Hope they do international travel for S2, but the above interview sort of goes against that :(

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 05:08:18 PM »
I actually like the idea of staying in Canada, but it would be cool if they did 4-5 legs in Canada and did the rest internationally.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 10:34:48 PM »
If ever they go International, I hope they don't overdo it.

I think it would still be cool to have them racing in Canada for at least one more season, considering the first season was so <3 so far.

Just need as good of a cast, if not better, and S2 in Canada is still a sure winner <3

Offline IAmThe44Horses...Not!

• RFF Newbie
  • I have 40 dollars which is cool, right?
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 12:23:18 AM »
I actually like the idea of staying in Canada, but it would be cool if they did 4-5 legs in Canada and did the rest internationally.
I think that's a good idea, only maybe the first 2 or 3 legs in Canada. Start out traveling to some unique, historical and outstanding locations here, then head out into the world.
Orangutan face...

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 06:56:07 AM »
Again the cast is pretty awesome, hoping for another season in Canada as it has made my appreciate the family version more.