The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

End Cities there could be great to have.

<< < (4/4)

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: ZBC Company on October 17, 2013, 09:48:08 AM --- :groan: LA

--- End quote ---
Or you could turn it half full by calling it Louisiana! :conf:
New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, or Lake Charles, you name the city.

DrRox:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on October 17, 2013, 09:32:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: ZBC Company on October 17, 2013, 09:48:08 AM --- :groan: LA

--- End quote ---
Or you could turn it half full by calling it Louisiana! :conf:
New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, or Lake Charles, you name the city.

--- End quote ---

First off, let me say I am all for having some new and different end cities. Start cities too. Also, there is nothing wrong with having a wish list of cities for either the start or end of a TAR. Now, having said that, we also have to realize that TAR is a "made for profit" television production.

As far as WRP goes, they have had a set of parameters, since TAR1, that they have followed for end cities/finales. What are these parameters? Can you name them? Why does WRP use these parameters?

Now having determined what requirements that WRP operates under, which cities fit into the pattern of an end city/ finale location?

MikeDodgers:
Okay, so someone's mentioned Houston. I also think Houston's well overdue for a Finish Line on Amazing Race.

They could start by flying to Dallas and end up driving to Houston.

Dallas/Arlington portion: Cotton Bowl (Active Route Info - arrange footballs in the order of the countries visited on the race), Dallas Cowboys Stadium or International Bowling Hall of Fame (DETOUR - 2 Minute Drill or 300 Game)

Houston portion: Reliant Park/Reliant Stadium (Roadblock - Who's cleared for liftoff? [Build a scale model of the Challenger and launch it 1000 feet to the main entrance of the Astrodome]), Johnson Space Center (Finish Line)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version