Author Topic: The Bachelorette 9: Desiree Hartsock  (Read 19734 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: The Bachelorette 9: Desiree Hartsock
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 01:48:16 AM »
ABC press release:

Next week on ABC's The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All (7/22)

DESIREE FACES THE MEN SHE REJECTED, AS 16 JILTED BACHELORS CONFRONT HER, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE: THE MEN TELL ALL," MONDAY, JULY 22

A Sneak Peek at the Dramatic Two-Part Bachelorette Season Finale Event Also Will Be Featured

The "Bachelor Bus" Crashes Viewers' Parties with Chris Harrison, Desiree, Trista, Jason and Molly and Ashley and J.P. on Board

Emily, Ashley and Ali Offer Advice to Desiree on Confronting Her "Bad Boys"

"The Men Tell All" - It's an exciting, unpredictable reunion viewers won't want to miss, as the most memorable bachelors from this season - including James, Ben, Michael G., Mikey T., Zak W., Juan Pablo and Jonathan - return to confront each other and Desiree one last time on national television to dish the dirt and tell their side of the story. The last eliminated bachelor, Zak, seeks closure about what went wrong with his relationship with Desiree. Sparks will fly as the villainous James and Ben try to explain their actions. The "Bachelor Bus" makes some surprise stops to crash fan viewing parties in Los Angeles and New York, and three favorite Bachelorettes advise Desiree on dealing with the men who were there for the "wrong reasons," on "The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All," MONDAY, JULY 22 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Editor's Note: The two-part "Bachelorette" Season Finale Event will air Monday, July 29 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), with "Episode 909 - Season Finale, Part 1," and Monday, August 5 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), with "Episode 910 - Season Finale, Part 2," to be followed by the live "The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose" special (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET).

A crazy, fun-filled trip follows Desiree and Chris Harrison - accompanied by favorite "Bachelor" alumni Trista Sutter, Jason and Molly Mesnick and Ashley and J.P. Rosenbaum -- aboard the "Bachelor Bus," both in New York and Los Angeles, to pay surprise visits to "Bachelorette" viewing parties. Three girl friends and former Bachelorettes - Emily Maynard, Ashley Hebert and Ali Fedotowsky -- have Desiree's back and offer her sage advice about confronting some of the men who might have had ulterior motives for being on the show.

Fireworks erupt when the guys join Chris Harrison on stage and the grudge match begins. The men once again will question Ben's intentions for being on the show, with Dan being particularly vitriolic after talking to Ben's son's mom and hearing her down-and-dirty accusations about his fitness as a father. James, on the other hand, felt that he was bullied by the other guys when they boldly accused him of wanting to be the next Bachelor. Kasey continues to expose the conversation between James and Mikey in the van that day in Germany that ultimately led to Desiree sending James home, and then a wild confrontation ensues between James, Mikey, Kasey and the rest of the men.

Fan favorite Juan Pablo's introduction has the audience going wild. Taking his turn in the hot seat, Juan Pablo discusses the difficulty dating as a single dad and missing out on a future with Desiree. He admits he was sincerely looking for love and to have a family some day.

Zak is still seeking closure after leaving the show brokenhearted so close to the end. Has he gotten over his feelings for Desiree? Did giving her that ring scare her off? Chris Harrison surprises Zak with the journal he gave Desiree on one of their dates with a secret message on the last page written in invisible ink. That message is revealed for the first time.

Finally, Desiree faces tough questioning from some of the men who were fighting to win her heart. Jonathan tries to explain his questionable intent when he invited the Bachelorette to the "fantasy suite" on the first night. Then she turns her attention to James and pointedly accuses him of manipulating her.

It's the bachelors as you've never seen them before! The special also includes some light-hearted bloopers from this season, as well as a sneak peek of the emotional final days of Desiree's journey with the final three bachelors - Brooks, Chris and Drew - who are vying for her heart and the final rose.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/Web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=071713_02

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 11:12:38 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All'

I’ve said this before about the Men Tell All, but I like to repeat myself, so I’ll say it again. It’s always hard to write a blog about this episode because what you see is pretty what you get. If I think something I write it in this blog, or if I think it while on the show I say it or ask it there. So let me say that again, it’s always hard to write a blog about this episode. See what I did there?

We’ve been breaking into houses and crashing viewing parties for a few years now, and I love it. Des and I had a blast that night we crashed several parties in LA. This show is truly unlike any other on television and our fans are equally as unique. I hear so many stories of these amazing Bachelor watching parties and it’s been a real honor to be able to go out and meet some of “Bachelor Nation” and say thank you.

I was a little surprised at just how contentious the Tell All was. Obviously I was disappointed that Brian chose not to come and face what he had done, but I wasn’t at all surprised that he opted not to. Honestly I would have been shocked if he’d been man enough to show up. That’s just not the kind of man he is. Look at a guy like Jonathan, who was a colossal moron that first night as he repeatedly tried to get Des in the “fantasy suite.” He admitted he was a mess and made a huge mistake and he apologized for it. Wow, what a novel idea — owning up to your mistakes, and offering a sincere apology. That’s just not a Brian kind of move.

Ben took the hot seat and it was really odd. I think the guys may have had a point in being so upset with Ben, but they had a very difficult time articulating that point. I see this quite a bit on the show. People have very different ways of pursuing a man or woman. Ben made it very clear he wasn’t there to make friends and he would go after Des with everything he’s got. Right or wrong, that was his attitude. Is it attractive when you shine a spotlight on it and show everybody how he acts? No, of course not. But is it effective and does it work for him? Yes! So should he apologize for doing exactly what he intended to do when he wasn’t necessarily hurting anybody else? That’s the big question. The rest of the guys obviously took issue with his style and took offense to everything he did. Ben still feels like he did nothing wrong, other than the comments in the limo on the way out. Like so many things on this show it’s a social dilemma that will be debated at length by members of Bachelor Nation.

The James situation was also interesting in that it really wasn’t a black-and-white, right-or-wrong situation. Is there room in this process to have a “bro” or “girl” talk that you wouldn’t necessarily want your significant other to hear? And to take it a step further, were the other guys — namely Kasey and Drew — out of line in running to Des to tell her just because they were offended? One thing is for sure: Mikey got caught in the middle of all this and was thrown under the bus by James and the other guys, and he wasn’t having any of it. I was a little surprised when he got up in Kasey’s face but then again he’s a fiery, proud guy and had had enough. Although they are friends, he was even a little upset at James for backing the bus over him more than a few times. So who’s right and who’s wrong in this situation? I do feel that I asked all the questions that could’ve been asked and I feel everybody got a fair chance to speak their mind and give their version of the truth. My guess is the truth is somewhere in between and that James, in what he thought was a private “bro” moment, said some stuff he probably wouldn’t have said in front of Des. But did it warrant all the drama it caused with the other guys? Maybe not. But once again this will be discussed at thousands of viewing parties around the country and the verdict will be made by all of you.

I loved sitting down with Juan Pablo and really introducing him to all of you. It’s true what I said about him, that nobody has ever been shown less but been talked about so much. Juan Pablo was a house favorite — he’s just one of those guys you can’t dislike. I got to know Juan Pablo as we bonded over our love of soccer. We had a blast knocking it around on the Española pitch in Barcelona. He has a zest for life that is just contagious. He’s obviously a family man first and foremost, as his daughter is everything to him.

Zak was also a great interview but on a very different level. Zak was incredibly open and honest about his experience on the show and his relationship with Des. I really respect just how vulnerable he was. When you listen to a guy like Zak you know that this show is real and sincere. You just can’t make up that kind of emotion. Some people have said Des made a mistake in letting him go. Obviously people are entitled to their opinions, but it wasn’t the fact that Des didn’t’ see these great qualities it was that she didn’t see him as her husband. She didn’t see forever with him.

Easily the most talked about part of the Men Tell All will no doubt be the tease of the dramatic special two-part finale. All I can tell you at this point is nobody will come out of this unscathed. It’s hard to believe that after eleven years we still run into situations we’ve never seen before, but that’s the case here. Des and the other guys will be tested emotionally like never before. So, next Monday night will be the first part of this special finale. Then, Monday August 5th join me for a live three-hour television event that you won’t want to miss. Let the speculation begin!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/07/23/chris-harrison-the-men-tell-all-blog/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 01:32:37 PM »
ABC press release:

SEASON FINALE - PART 1

THE TWO-PART SEASON FINALE EVENT BEGINS WITH DESIREE SWEEPING THE FINAL THREE MEN TO THE TROPICAL PARADISE OF ANTIGUA, THEN HEADS TOWARDS AN EMOTIONAL BOMBSHELL THAT NO ONE SAW COMING, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

"Episode 909 -- Season Finale, Part 1" - Romantic adventures await Desiree and the final three men - Brooks, Chris and Drew - as they travel to the beautiful Caribbean island of Antigua. There is electricity and passion in the air during these sand and surf excursions, as Desiree continues to explore what her future would be like with these potential partners. She will spend special intimate time with each of final guys, and there are possible invitations to spend the night in a "fantasy suite." But an unexpected jolt will change Desiree's whole journey -- will her Cinderella fairytale have a happy ending, or is she headed for heartbreak? -- on "The Bachelorette," MONDAY, JULY 29 (8:00-10:01p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Desiree's first date is with Drew, and the couple set off to explore the island by jeep. Their sightseeing tour takes them along the coastline where they stop at several cliff-side spots, pose for photos and steal kisses. Then they join the locals at a festival, taking part in the celebration. But Desiree steals Drew away to a quiet secret garden where the two can share a private picnic. Drew, totally love struck, tells her that he is ready to propose. There is no doubt they have a special connection. A sudden tropical rain spoils plans for a beachside dinner, but they take shelter. It's clear that this handsome and sweet guy has captured Desiree's heart, and she invites him to share some alone time in the fantasy suite. But will this reserved man accept?

Chris and Desiree meet on a picturesque beach, where a helicopter is waiting to take them to a deserted  beach on the island of Barbuda. They reflect on her hometown visit and frolic in the blue ocean water, where the passion is turned up a notch. Later, over a romantic dinner, the couple discuss the possibility of a future together. However Chris has a major obstacle in his path that he feels he needs to bring up to Desiree before things go any further. His career path is not in Los Angeles, and he will need Desiree to relocate. Will this ultimatum not only put a halt to the evening but also their relationship?

Meanwhile, Brooks is back with his family in the U.S., torn between his strong feelings for Desiree when he is with her and the insecurities he feels when he is not. His mom and sister offer heartfelt advice about the tough decision he is facing. Desiree is everything he would want in a wife, and there is no denying their emotional and physical attraction to one another. Brooks wants to make sure that, if he is the last man standing, that he has the confidence to put an engagement ring on her finger. After his mother and sister express their fondness for Desiree and their thoughts about her being a perfect fit for their large, boisterous family, the bachelor, now with the reassurance he needs, boards the plane for Antigua.

Desiree is excited to see Brooks and to spend time with him. But first Brooks has a heart-to-heart with Chris Harrison. When some shocking news is shared, Chris insists that the bachelor meet with Desiree. What unfolds is one of the most explosive, dramatic and emotional moments in "Bachelorette" history.

The three remaining men are:

Brooks, 28, a marketing consultant from Salt Lake City, UT

Chris, 27, a mortgage broker from Seattle, WA

Drew, 27, a digital marketing analyst from Scottsdale, AZ

http://www.abcmedianet.com/Web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=072313_01

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2013, 09:25:54 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' finale -- part 1

In the history of this show we have never seen an episode like this. As I lived through this, and as I watched this back, I was trying to think back through the years to compare this situation to something… but there’s nothing. It was strange watching it all happen in an “exotic” episode — which is usually filled with Fantasy Suite talk, loving embraces, and speculation about an eventual proposal.

All of this drama took place on the beautiful island of Antigua. We have never visited this island before but I would definitely go back. The beaches and water were almost as beautiful as the people. But I’ll admit, it was hard to fully appreciate this spectacular island as soon as I heard what was happening with Brooks. When I arrived I got word that Brooks was heading home to visit with his family. All along there have been red flags regarding how he feels about Des. I’m glad we showed the conversation about them trying to come up with terms to describe where they are in their relationship. At the same time Brooks said he was jogging, Des said she was running to the finish line. First of all, when you love somebody at this age you don’t need conjured up “adjectives” (or in this case verbs) to describe your feelings. When you love somebody at this point in your life, you say it like Chris and Drew have done. And if you look at Brooks’ body language and his eyes as Des says she’s running, it really says it all. His look screamed out, “What the…? Oh really?”

I’ve asked Des several times along the way if she was concerned about the fact that Brooks never really expressed his feelings. Because she was so in love with him, or so she thought, she either couldn’t see these warning signs, or was “running” so fast that she blew right past them. I guess we all believe what we want to believe. At no time, however, did I think it would come to this. Yes, there were warning signs, but I believed that what Des was telling me about him was true, and that he gave her many other signs that it was all there. I didn’t know there was really anything significantly wrong until I was told he went home to confer with his family. Even then, I thought maybe he was just getting affirmation, and that he would come back ready to go and continue on. After seeing the talk with his family, which I didn’t see until much later, I realized he knew going in what he wanted to do. He wanted to love her so badly, but he knew before he went in to talk to his family that it just wasn’t there. He just needed his family to tell him exactly what he already knew. He had to tell Des he wasn’t in love with her; he had to break her heart.

I was told how the conversation went with Brooks and his family and was asked to go visit with him. Much like his talk with his family, deep down his mind was made up before he ever said a word to me. It was an open, honest conversation and I felt like he was being very vulnerable and giving me everything straight. More than anything, he just needed to be heard. He needed somebody to sit and listen to him get all this off his chest and sort out his feelings so he could then try to articulate them to Des. Sometimes the best thing you can do in a conversation like this is just be there. I don’t think Brooks is a bad guy and I truly believe his intentions for being on this show were true. He really wanted to be in love with Des so much I think he almost forced himself into doing something he would have later regretted. One thing about Brooks is that he has a very hard time articulating his feelings. I don’t know if this is a common thing for him, or if he knew it was just going to be so hard that he wanted to avoid it, but either way he struggles with expressing himself. He was like that with me and he was definitely like that with Des. It was quite some time into their talk before Des really knew that he was breaking up with her and leaving the show. I really think at first she may have even thought he was about to finally say he loves her. I don’t know if I’d be any better in such a horrible situation, but I know he had a really tough time with this.

Brooks knew his conversation with Des was going to be tough, but he had no idea it was going to be this brutal. Des admitted that she loved him and then she dropped an incredible emotional bomb on him when she said she was conflicted because she didn’t want to share her heart with anyone else. Des was gutted, and so was Brooks. I know everybody will have an opinion about what happened, but after looking back, I don’t really think Brooks ever misled Des. He seemed to really struggle all the way through this. Maybe he could’ve come to this final realization earlier, but the fact is, it just never seemed to be there. And when you look at Des’ relationship with Drew and Chris and how they talk to her and treat her, there really is no comparison. They both know exactly how they feel and have easily been able to convey that to Des.

So the big question is, What now? You’ll get the answer during next week’s three-hour live event. Des is gutted and brokenhearted. Hearing Desiree say that “it’s over” and that she wants to go home is difficult. We will pick up next week with me talking to Des and trying to figure out what, if anything, is left for her here. Sitting with someone who is so incredibly brokenhearted and without hope is difficult. I just wanted to reach out and hug her. Let’s see if she can pick up the pieces, or if it is too late. Next week is a special two-hour show, followed by a live edition of After the Final Rose where all three of the final men will be there to chat with me, and Desiree. Stay tuned.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/07/30/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-finale-part-1-blog/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2013, 10:44:07 AM »
ABC press release:

SEASON FINALE - PART 2

IT'S ONE OF THE MOST DRAMATIC EVENINGS EVER ON ABC WITH THE CULMINATION
OF THE TWO-PART SEASON FINALE OF "THE BACHELORETTTE," MONDAY, AUGUST 5

AND IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE SEASON FINALE, BROOKS, CHRIS AND DREW
JOIN DESIREE TO LOOK BACK AT THE SHOCKING OUTCOME OF THEIR JOURNEY,
LIVE, ON "THE BACHELORETTE: AFTER THE FINAL ROSE"

"Episode 910 --Season Finale, Part 2" -  After enduring heartbreak when Sean Lowe sent her home last season on "The Bachelor," Desiree Hartsock refused to give up her fairytale dream of romance, and she returned for a second chance at love. After surviving shocking twists and turns, Desiree narrowed down the 25 bachelors to three fabulous guys - Brooks, Chris and Drew. While she was ready to give her heart completely to Brooks, he did not share her feelings. Desiree was expecting fireworks when she met Brooks in Antigua, but when he broke up with her very unexpectedly, she was left crying at the edge of a dock, devastated, heartbroken, hopeless and ready to go home. In this week's emotional conclusion, Desiree must decide if she can move forward with the other two men or if her hope of finding love has been ruined. Part 2 of the Season Finale of "The Bachelorette" airs MONDAY, AUGUST 5 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Then, emotions run high as Desiree sits down with Chris Harrison, live, to talk about her three final bachelors from this season - Brooks, Chris and Drew. She will take viewers back to those final days in Antigua when Brooks, the man she fell in love with, decided to go home. She will discuss her feelings in those finals days, her relationships with the final three men and the heart-wrenching decisions that she had to make that changed their lives forever. Brooks, Chris and Drew are back to discuss the shocking outcome of the season. It's the poignant ending to Desiree's heartfelt journey to find true love, live, on "The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose," MONDAY, AUGUST 5 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET).

Desiree must decide if her chemistry with the remaining two men has the potential to be as intense as the chemistry she had with Brooks, who she thought was the love of her life. She confronts these life-changing decisions in a discussion with Chris Harrison, weighing the possibilities of a life with Chris or Drew. Drew, a sweet, compassionate and caring man, is completely in love with her. Chris has remained confident in their connection throughout the emotional rollercoaster ride. Desiree sees a relationship blossoming with him as well.

After breaking down in tears with Chris Harrison, she is ready to face the final two men. In a moving confession, she tells them that Brooks has decided to leave. How will the men react when they learn of her feelings for Brooks?

The final days of Desiree's journey are filled with questions. If she does see promise in either Chris or Drew, will she introduce them to her family? Whether they meet her family or not, will Desiree's brother, Nate, play a role in sabotaging her quest for love again? Desiree must look inward and consider if the love she has always wanted is right in front of her, or if her heartache over Brooks' lost love will crush her dreams of finding a soul mate.

The two remaining men are:
Chris, 27, a mortgage broker from Seattle, WA
Drew, 27, a digital marketing analyst from Scottsdale, AZ

http://www.abcmedianet.com/Web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=073013_01