Author Topic: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.  (Read 167760 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.
« Reply #525 on: December 05, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »
Caps 23, 30, 36, 37, 38, 48, 51, 52 and 53 are in the stairs to climb to the top of the Chapultepeque hill, where is located the Church of San Cristobal.

This is a cap from Google of the same stair but from its base:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #526 on: December 09, 2013, 04:43:31 AM »
And we finally arrived to the December 9th! After 12 consecutive Mondays it's time to say...

HAPPY TARLA SEASON 5 FINALE DAY!

This is the moment we've been waiting for...

Who will win the race and the 250.000 dollars prize?

Braian & Karina?

Dario & Esther?

Ezequiel & Tobias?

Only a few hours to know the outcome of the fifth season of the race.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #527 on: December 09, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »
Two finales back to back! And it looks like i'll be able to watch it earlier than usual because of TNT  :cmas22

:cmas9 :cmas9

Hopefully TARLA5 will end in a high note! #fingerscrossed

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #528 on: December 09, 2013, 05:32:10 PM »

One of them today will win TARLA 5...

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #529 on: December 09, 2013, 06:08:08 PM »
Previously on The Amazing Race Latin America...

Eleven teams from different countries arrived to Cartagena to run the race of  their lives.

Toya making a recall of the destinies of the race.

Over 12.000 km of challenges. Had to give they're best to stay in the race.

Eight teams were left along the course.

Today 3 teams will fight in the last leg, but only one will win the 250 thousand dollars prize.

Patagonians Eze & Tobias. Buenos Aires natives Braian & Karina. Uruguayans Dario & Esther.

Today we'll know the winners of TARLA 5

Intro.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #530 on: December 09, 2013, 06:08:39 PM »
Not reading... Have Fun!

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #531 on: December 09, 2013, 06:12:56 PM »
Tobias & Eze first in depart. Clue: fly to Tuxla Gutierrez and take a bus to San Cristobal de las Casas. Once there, make their way to the Museo del Ambar.

One minute difference between Argentinian teams.

Both teams arriving almost at the same time to the Terminal. Friends first, but Braian & Karina get the tickets at the same time. Both teams are on the same bus. Dario & Esther missed the first bus, and get into a second one.

Leading teams on San Cristobal. Foot race to the Museum. Of course HoO: race continues next day at 10.30am. Uruguayans are happy.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #532 on: December 09, 2013, 06:24:14 PM »
And we're back...

Next morning.

Clue: Use a Samsung Galaxy S4 to take pics in each place they find a clue. Then make their way to the stairs of San Cristobalito at carry 4 bundles of wood to the church of the top.

Eze & Tobias missed to take a shot at the Museum. Braian & Karina retrace the steps to do it. Only Darío & Esther did it right at first.

Uruguayans take a wrong road and are bickering while going to the right place.
Eze & Tobias in first at the base. Braian & Karina in second. Both complete the first bundle and head back for the second one.

Karina is struggling with the height. She feels dizzy. They take a minute and make their way again. Esther is also having breathing problems.

Friends have carried 3 bundles. Uruguayans are on the second, but they keep bickering.

Friend complete the task and take the pic. Clue: Travel on foot to the Public Market José Castillo Tieleman to get the next clue.  Braian & Karina in second.

Roadblock at the market: Who has much more push? Deliver 12 boxes with food supplies. Once done they will receive  the next clue.

Braian & Karina can't find the clue box. Tobias has delivered the first box.

At the stairs, Esther can't breathe.

Commercial.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #533 on: December 09, 2013, 06:36:04 PM »
And the race continues.

Esther is helped by paramedics.

At the market, Tobias has made four deliveries.

Uruguayans completed the task.

Braian is doing the RB.

Tobias has finished the task while Braian is in the third delivery. Esther is doing the Rb.

Clue: Travel on foot to the Casa de la Enseñanza and take the last picture. Then show all of them to the judge who will give them the next clue.

Friends are at the Casa. They missed one of the photos and must go back to the Museum! They lost the lead.

Braian & Karina are done with the RB and head to the Casa. Esther finished the RB in third.

Friends are back. Clue: travel in taxi to the Amikuu Marina and pay the ticket of the park with their Scotiabank card. 

Braian & Karina are right behind them.

Cab driver take friends to a different place, 40 km. away.

Braian & Karina have to change taxis cause their driver don't know where is it. Second driver of friends doesn't know either where is it.

Eze & Tobias are having troubles with taxis. One of the drivers ask her for payment even when he didn't take them anyway.

Dario & Esther also have to change taxis.

Braian & Karina first at the park.  They board the first boat.  Friends arrive in second finally.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #534 on: December 09, 2013, 06:37:47 PM »
Dario & Esther says they will do what the have done till now. Race until the final.

Braian & Karina are way ahead of the others. The driver of the boat jokes saying the other teams are right behind them.

Commercial.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #535 on: December 09, 2013, 06:50:55 PM »
And back...

They arrive to the "Cañón del Sumidero" and receive the clue: Board a kayak and row to the Amikuu park pier, then travel by foot to the museum.

Braian & Karina are on the kayak when the friends arrive. It's a kayak race!

Darío & Esther are thrill for the place!

Braian & Karina first at the dock and head to the Museum. Friends close in second.

Clue: Last task. Decypher a 4 numbers code. Similar challenge than in TAR11 All Stars finale, only two questions to answer for each member. Memory challenge for first team mate: Question 1: in which PS Toya have with her more than one greeter. Question 2: how many teams were on third place in leg 2. For the second: number of transports used on the race and the name of countries visited on the race minus the number of capitals.

All are having troubles with the code. BTW Dario & Esther catch the other two teams.

A lot of tension in the air. All teams are changing members without having the right code.

Tobias had three numbers right but can't find the last. Karina is crying. This is cruel man. Tobias finally have it right!

Final clue: make your way on foot to the park amphithatre, the finish line.

The other two teams found the codes. And it's a race to the finish line under the rain.

Tobias slips and fell to the ground.

Commercial.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #536 on: December 09, 2013, 06:59:41 PM »
And the moment arrives...

Tobias fell to the ground.

Toya is waiting for them alone in the rain.

After six countries, 14 cities and more than 12.000 km, they are the winners of TARLA!  :cheer:  :conf: :cheer: :conf: :hearts:

They are on the ground, under the rain celebrating. They cannot believe it.

Dario & Esther are in second place. They say that it was a spiritual race for them, that things can be done, the limits are made only for them. They won 20 thousand dollars courtesy of Scotiabank. They can fulfill their dream  :yess:

Braian & Karina in third place. They say they were happy. They took notes of everything but missed some things. They have a prize too: a trip for 4 to Disney in Orlando, Florida.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #537 on: December 09, 2013, 07:02:57 PM »
 :gaah: I wanted Karina & Braian to win.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #538 on: December 09, 2013, 07:05:15 PM »
CONGRATS TO TOBIAS AND EZEQUIEL,
THE WINNERS OF THE FIFTH SEASON
OF THE AMAZING RACE LATINAMERICA!

:cheer: :conf:  :cheer: :conf: :conf: :cheer: :conf: :cheer:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #539 on: December 09, 2013, 08:05:37 PM »
WTF! Space Channel You SUCK!

During two commercial breaks the race kept going while the commercial were airing, Esther fell to the ground and they went to a commercial break and when they came back Dario&Esther were getting their clue for carrying the logs, What happened? Did Esther died and was replaced or something? WTF? And then the last commercial while all the teams were getting their last clue and were running to the finish line Ezequiel felt to the ground and they went to commercial and when they came back out of nowhere Ezequiel&Tobias were standing next to Toya and then on the ground hugging WTF? I was so lost and angry...

I'm just not happy right now, I don't care who won the race, But you just block my view from the show WTF?!

Space Channel You SUCK!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #540 on: December 09, 2013, 08:11:06 PM »
Clue: Last task. Decypher a 4 numbers code. Similar challenge than in TAR11 All Stars finale, only two questions to answer for each member. Memory challenge for first team mate: Question 1: in which PS Toya have with her more than one greeter. Question 2: how many teams were on third place in leg 2. For the second: number of transports used on the race and the name of countries visited on the race minus the number of capitals.

I read and heard something different, What was the number of the team who came in 3rd in Leg 2... I know because I thought of who cares about the number of a different team?, a random number that you are giving to a random team in the race, that only purpose is to designate the backpack...

Edit: Also in TAR23 and TARLA5 both finish line were covered by the rain... interesting...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:16:57 PM by Vitoko »

Offline Latamazingfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #541 on: December 09, 2013, 08:48:59 PM »

I read and heard something different, What was the number of the team who came in 3rd in Leg 2... I know because I thought of who cares about the number of a different team?, a random number that you are giving to a random team in the race, that only purpose is to designate the backpack...

Edit: Also in TAR23 and TARLA5 both finish line were covered by the rain... interesting...

I agree, how on earth they could answer that clue? it´s ridiculous, who´s going to remember or take notes of that?. Also, Was it right they allowed Eze and Tobias to take a taxi to the museum after they found they missed a picture? it looked like the taxi took them back to "La Casa" too, I need to watch the episode again but I though they went from the museum to the market to La Casa on foot...they also allowed Esther to carry the bundle of wood in a wrong way after paramedics assist her...

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #542 on: December 09, 2013, 09:09:20 PM »

Thanks for the correction. Things were happening so fast that I had to wait until Dario & Esther started the task to write the second group of questions in the post.

Do you want to talk about coincidences? Both finals had only 1 Roadblock. Both finals had an active route marker involving a travel by boats. Both finals had a task that needed physical strengh to complete - climbing the stairs and climbing the glacier -. Both finals had all teams rowing from one point to another. Both finals had a memory challenge as the previous task before the Pit Stop.

I agree, how on earth they could answer that clue? it´s ridiculous, who´s going to remember or take notes of that?. Also, Was it right they allowed Eze and Tobias to take a taxi to the museum after they found they missed a picture? it looked like the taxi took them back to "La Casa" too, I need to watch the episode again but I though they went from the museum to the market to La Casa on foot...they also allowed Esther to carry the bundle of wood in a wrong way after paramedics assist her...

Are you surprise by those things? We are talking about the same franchise that allowed a team member who lost his passport go to his country's consulate to get a new one - against one of the major rules of The Amazing Race - and keep racing and eventually win the season. After that, any thing can happen.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #543 on: December 09, 2013, 10:03:51 PM »
I think this was a very good finale, although it looked extremely physical.The final challenge was cool.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #544 on: December 09, 2013, 10:10:45 PM »
I think this was a very good finale, although it looked extremely physical.The final challenge was cool.

Yeah! i really liked the memory challenge, and the questions were quite hard to answer... This task changed all positions and the winner was not the most physically strong team, but the one who payed more attention along the race. This challenge definitely costed Braian & Karina US$250,000 (and even $US 20,000), because they went from first at that point to worst.

I'm really happy that the Uruguayans at least got some money for their dream (having a baby  :cmas26)
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Latamazingfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #545 on: December 10, 2013, 08:06:16 PM »

Thanks for the correction. Things were happening so fast that I had to wait until Dario & Esther started the task to write the second group of questions in the post.

Do you want to talk about coincidences? Both finals had only 1 Roadblock. Both finals had an active route marker involving a travel by boats. Both finals had a task that needed physical strengh to complete - climbing the stairs and climbing the glacier -. Both finals had all teams rowing from one point to another. Both finals had a memory challenge as the previous task before the Pit Stop.

Are you surprise by those things? We are talking about the same franchise that allowed a team member who lost his passport go to his country's consulate to get a new one - against one of the major rules of The Amazing Race - and keep racing and eventually win the season. After that, any thing can happen.

Not surprised but bothered. I think the Edisons from season 2 were eliminated because of that (taking a taxi instead of a bus or going by foot, I can´t remember).

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #546 on: December 11, 2013, 07:06:16 AM »
Overall it was a great season. Hopefully it will be renewed for a sixth season. Despite the minor kinks I really liked the finale.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #547 on: December 11, 2013, 08:42:57 AM »

Yes it was. And I can say that it was better than TAR23 because of the fact that the dropping task sealed the fate of the race, and in the TARLA finale you didn't know who was going to win until the end (in fact, the leading of the race changed at least three times).

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #548 on: December 11, 2013, 09:27:22 PM »

Yes it was. And I can say that it was better than TAR23 because of the fact that the dropping task sealed the fate of the race, and in the TARLA finale you didn't know who was going to win until the end (in fact, the leading of the race changed at least three times).

I will admit it was a more dynamic finale, there was more room to struggle, messed up, get tired, but the inclution of the phone task about taking pictures in every location they would recieve a clue just killed it for me, it was unnecesary, thanks to that, it didn't feel as a finale for me, thanks to that everything else felt underwhelming until they reach the memory task that I will say it was a really cool task involving the events of the race, except for the question about the number of a certain team and the fact that the editing didn't actually show us proof that the numbers were right, like giving us a quick flashbak with footage from the race...

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #549 on: December 12, 2013, 11:14:14 AM »
I found this FB page that have some pics from the last episode. They're not so much, but I thing you can enjoy them:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.161980340615385.54304.161974397282646&type=3