Author Topic: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.  (Read 167720 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.
« Reply #450 on: November 19, 2013, 06:00:05 AM »
Last part of the caps.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:13:46 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #451 on: November 19, 2013, 06:14:24 AM »
Preview and caps up!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #452 on: November 19, 2013, 01:11:51 PM »
Oh, they're eating tortas ahogadas :lol: I think none of the teams remaining come from a country that's used to eating very spicy stuff so this will be fun to watch
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #453 on: November 19, 2013, 02:26:40 PM »
I thought all of Latinamerica was use to eating spicy food?  ???  It's not?

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #454 on: November 19, 2013, 02:54:47 PM »

:haha

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #455 on: November 19, 2013, 03:05:03 PM »

not really  :crazy:

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #456 on: November 19, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »

There's some sort of misconception that all the inhabitants of Latin America are exactly as the mexicans, mostly because of the great colony of them and his descendents leaving in the US; but that is wrong. Although we're proud of share roots in common with them, we're not the same. We're different, and that doesn't mean that ones are better than the others. Think of a family conformed by many siblings, all from the same parents but each of them with a distinctive personality.
The same applies for all our countries. It's enough if you pay attention to the idioms when you hear us talk on the race to understand it.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #457 on: November 19, 2013, 04:25:57 PM »
We really like "Pebre" but that's not actually spicy...

On Topic though...

I'm confused about the caps...

Starting on 41 you can see Manfred, Braian and Esther doing the roadblock... but what's going on with Pierre on 44? Even he is falling sleep with this F4...

Also, the lasso thing could be an active route marker because we can see both Eze&Tobias doing it.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #458 on: November 19, 2013, 05:15:02 PM »

There's some sort of misconception that all the inhabitants of Latin America are exactly as the mexicans, mostly because of the great colony of them and his descendents leaving in the US; but that is wrong. Although we're proud of share roots in common with them, we're not the same. We're different, and that doesn't mean that ones are better than the others. Think of a family conformed by many siblings, all from the same parents but each of them with a distinctive personality.
The same applies for all our countries. It's enough if you pay attention to the idioms when you hear us talk on the race to understand it.

Very true. My family is originally from Mexico so I assumed all Latin Americans were pretty much the same from speaking to them here in the U.S.. Except watching the Race and hearing them speak Spanish I realized how different the accents are. The Uruaguayans and Costa Ricans are easy to understand but the Argentinians, Jeez, they need subtitles. Pierre I believe is actually from the U.S. I heard him speak english as if it was his first language on a few occasions.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #459 on: November 19, 2013, 05:27:37 PM »
We are fast talkers, and we are plain in terms of pronunciation - the opposite from mexicans -, and our coloquial talk is full of insults and idioms inherited from the "lunfardo" and the influence of foreign languages.  Yeap, you probably need subtitles to understand us. :lol:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #460 on: November 19, 2013, 05:41:10 PM »
Pierre I believe is actually from the U.S. I heard him speak english as if it was his first language on a few occasions.

Not necessarily, I had some friends from CR in college and they speak English incredibly well
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #461 on: November 19, 2013, 06:22:14 PM »
Pierre was born in the United States and his parents are from Costa Rica.

www.nacion.com/ocio/musica/musico-nacional-Pierre-Monney-carrera_0_1341266019.html
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #462 on: November 20, 2013, 01:13:24 PM »
Pic 22 could be in the "Hacienda Casa de los Patios". The color of the walls is the same than the one in the cap and the columns look also similar. And if you go to its website, there's a video when you can see an umbrella like the one in the cap.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #463 on: November 22, 2013, 06:04:05 PM »
Desde las sombras

Uno de los productores de “The Amazing Race” nos cuenta en primera personas las impresiones de la carrera más extrema del continente.

EPISODIO 9

Ciudad de Panamá, Panamá
Hashtag del día: #retornadasporterceros

La Ciudad de Panamá parece Miami, sobre todo en su zona bancaria y comercial, y allí terminaría despidiéndose otra pareja de la competencia. Pero arranquemos por el principio. Los 5 equipos restantes llegaron a la ciudad con el objetivo de recoger dinero de un ATM con su tarjeta, para poder trasladarse luego hacia Nitro City, un lugar totalmente apartado de la ciudad. Los inconvenientes se le presentaron a Jessica y Michelle, quienes fueron detenidas por la policía por exceso de velocidad y eso ya las atrasó un poco. Nitro City es un resort preparado para realizar diferentes actividades extremas.

Allí los equipos encontrarían el desvío del día, pero más importante, la posibilidad de un doble retorno, o sea, obligar a otras dos parejas a realizar ambas tareas del desvío.

En un primer momento, los costarricenses Manfred y Pierre se aliaron con los argentinos Braian y Karina y resolvieron usar los retornos con las venezolanas Michelle y Jessica y los patagónicos Ezequiel y Tobías, respectivamente. Nada de patriotismos, acá es a todo o nada. Mientras los uruguayos Darío y Esther probaban su suerte en la parte motorizada del desvío, Pierre y Manfred tomaban el liderazgo, pero resolvían romper la alianza y no retornar a nadie. No fue lo mismo lo que decidieron Braian y Karina. Mantuvieron el plan y retornaron a sus coterráneos. ¿Cómo explicar la bronca de Tobías al verse retornado? Sólo se puede hacerlo viendo el episodio y escuchando ese grito de bronca. El encontrarse en esa situación obligó a los amigos a aplicarles el retorno a las venezolanas, que igualmente venían en último lugar, y así intentar alejarse del puesto eliminatorio. Todos veíamos a las caraqueñas con un pie afuera.

Pero el siguiente desafío probó ser muy difícil para todos los que venían adelante. Algo tan simple como encontrar un aviso en la sección de clasificados de uno de los diarios locales "congeló" la carrera por un buen rato. Eso les dio tiempo a las chicas para volver a la competencia. La ironía del día fue que los "traicionados" Tobías y Ezequiel llegaron en primer lugar y lograron por primera vez ganar un episodio. A minutos le siguieron los costarricenses, luego la otra pareja argentina. El último puesto en salvarse iba a quedarse para los uruguayos, que venían liderando y retrocedieron 3 posiciones.

Desgraciadamente para ellas, las venezolanas no lograron remontar tanta desventaja y llegaron en quinto lugar en este episodio eliminatorio. Adiós a las chicas. Parecía que llegaban a derribar el record de TAR de que una pareja femenina no puede llegar a la final.

Ya solo quedan 4 y nos acercamos a la gran final. Estamos todos ansiosos y contentos por hacer un gran programa. Gracias a todos lo que lo hacen posible.

Abrazo y nos vemos la próxima.

From the shadows.

One of the producers of "The Amazing Race" tells people first impressions of the most extreme race on the continent.

EPISODE 9

Panamá City, Panamá.
Today's hashtag: #retornadasporterceros (#returnedbythirdones)

The city of Panamá looks like Miami, especially in the banking and commercial district, and it was there where another team said goodby to the competence. But let's start by the beginning. The remaining 5 teams came to the city in order to collect money from an ATM with their card, so then they can move to Nitro City, a place totally away from the city. The drawbacks were presented to Jessica and Michelle, who were detained by the police for speeding and that delayed them a bit. Nitro City is a resort prepared to perform different extreme activities.

There the teams would find the detour of the day, but more importantly, the possibility of a double U-Turn, meaning, force other two couples to perform both Detour tasks.

In the first instance, Costa Ricans Manfred & Pierre allied with Argentinians Braian & Karina, and resolved using the U-Turn on Venezuelan Jessica & Michelle and Patagonians Ezequiel & Tobias respectively. None of patriotism, here's all or nothing. Meanwhile, Uruguayans Darío & Esther proved their luck in the motorized part of the detour; Manfred & Pierre took the leadership but decided to break the alliance not U-Turning anyone. It wasn't the same that decided Braian & Karina. They maintained the plan and returned their fellow countrymen. How to explain the anger of Tobias for being U-Turned? You can only do it watching the episode and hearing the cry of anger. Being on that situation forced the friends to U-Turn to Venezuelans, who came in last place anyway, and trying to get away from eliminatory position. All of us saw to the Caracas girls with a foot out.

But the next challenge proved to be very difficult for all who came forward. Something as simple as finding an ad in the classified section of a local daily "froze" the race for a while. That gave the girls time to return to competition. The irony of the day was that "betrayed" Tobias and Ezekiel came first and managed to win a first episode. Followed minutes behind by Costa Rican, then the other couple from Argentina. The last salavation place was going to be for the Uruguayans, who came in the lead and fell 3 positions.

Unfortunately for them, the Venezuelan failed to overcome such a disadvantage and came fifth in this elimination episode. Farewell to the girls. It seemed that they came to take down the TAR record that a female partner can not get to the finals.

And then there were 4 and we are approaching the great final. We are all anxious and excited to make a great program. Thanks to all who make it possible.

Hug and see you next.

Offline Almaraz3997

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #464 on: November 24, 2013, 10:40:20 AM »
Their final destination is in Mexico!  :yess:

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #465 on: November 24, 2013, 10:47:55 AM »
 :hiya :wel2 to the R.F.F., Almaraz3997

Offline Almaraz3997

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #466 on: November 24, 2013, 10:55:25 AM »
:hiya :wel2 to the R.F.F., Almaraz3997

Thanks!!  ;)

Offline Almaraz3997

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #467 on: November 24, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »
Here in Mexico, even for the locals, the "tortas ahogadas" are very spicy and we only eat them in a few special times but it would be fun to see the teams try to eat them. :hoot:

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #468 on: November 25, 2013, 06:06:41 PM »
Previously on The Amazing Race Latin America...

Four of the eleven teams arrive to the coast of Panamá. They had to navigate and dip looking from a treasure. Eze & Tobías got their second victory. Uruguayans were lucky cause it was a NEL.

Teams go to the mariachis land.

Intro.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #469 on: November 25, 2013, 06:17:01 PM »
Eze & Tobias depart first. Clue: Fly to the city of Guadalaja, and travel by taxi to the Scotiabank ATM to get the money of the leg. Then travel to the parking of the Fiesta Americana Hotel to pick their cars.

Braian & Karina firsts at the ATM. Eze & Tobias in second. Manfred & Pierre in third. Uruguayans lasts.

Braian & Karina arrive first at the hotel, with Eze & Tobias in second. HoO: 11.00am-7.30pm.

Darío & Esther are happy.

Next morning.

Doors open and race to the cars. Clue: Drive themselves to the Tequila county, and look for the entrance of Mundo Cuervo. Here awaits the next clue.

Eze & Tobias let Uruguayans surpass them, they think its due to the Speed Bump.

Braian & Karina first. Roadblock: Go to the agave plantation and harvest seven plants.

Karina is doing it. Tobias too.

Speed Bump: Search the card with the correct logo of TAR in the José Cuervo Forum.

Commercial.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #470 on: November 25, 2013, 06:21:50 PM »
And we're back.

Dario & Esther are at the forum, must look in a table full of cards

Teams are driving to the plantation. Braian is giving instructions to Karina.

Dario & Esther found the correct card and are on the game again.

At the plantation, they must dress in the correct atire first.

Pierre is doing the RB.

Karina's instructor says she couldn't do it, that is a man's job.

Dario is doing it.

All teams working on the harvesting.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 06:34:25 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #471 on: November 25, 2013, 06:26:38 PM »
Pierre had the first plant, need six more. Karina also finished the first.

Karina have completed her third plant, while the others are in the second.

Guys are struggling with the task, but Karina works as a trooper.

Karina finish first. Clue: Drive themselves back to Guadalaja and locate "Tortas Toño" to find the next clue.

All boys are impressed with her.

They're gone while the remaining teams are still working.

Dario complete the RB in second.

Tobias do it in third place.

Ticans are still there.

Commercial.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 06:34:02 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #472 on: November 25, 2013, 06:38:05 PM »
And back.

Manfred is so supportive with his partner. Finally they get the clue.

Tobias is tired after doing the RB.

Braian & Karina and Eze & Tobias have someone guiding them.

RB: who floats better? The other teammate must do it. Have to eat 4 little tortas aguadas. Once they finish, they will receive the next clue.

Braian is doing it. So Ezequiel.

Eze anticipates he'll puke.

Esther do the RB.

Karina tell Braian to think is something else. Tobias says he's hungry and must see Eze do it.

Manfred is doing the RB.

All teams are suffering the spicy food. The only one not throwing is Manfred.

Braian has eaten three of the four and is about to complete the last one. He did it in first.

Clue: Drive to the Lienzo Charro Ignacio Zermeño.

Esther complete the RB in second place. Eze did it in third, but starts to puke a last time.

Manfred is now throwing. Friends say the choose the wrong strategy at the RB, that they had to switch them.

Commercial.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #473 on: November 25, 2013, 06:44:32 PM »
And the race continues...

Ticans finally get the clue.

Braian & Karina arrives to the Lienzo. Clue: Each must do a lasso figure 20 times correctly to get the next clue.

Eze & Tobias reach the Lienzo in second and start the task. They say that in TV they look like stupid for not doing it well, but is too hard.

Dario & Esther are the third to arrive. Manfred & Pierre finally arrives in last.

All teams trying the lasso figure at the same time. Some of them are struggling with the task.

Tobias, Karina and Dario got their 20 and the partners start to do it.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #474 on: November 25, 2013, 06:46:21 PM »
Esther and Braian are trying harder to complete the task.

Braian says they waste too many time on it, and allowed the others to catch.

Commercial.