Author Topic: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.  (Read 167863 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR LATIN AMERICA 5 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, SHOW DISCUSSION, ETC.
« Reply #325 on: October 21, 2013, 07:38:14 PM »
Manfred & Pierre arrive to the accident but Eze & Tobias catch them. Argentinians rescue a kid.

At the club, Braian goes to the water, but has the person.

Manfred & Pierre complete the task first. Clue: back to the car and drive to Cas Abau Beach, the Pit Stop of the leg.

Eze & Tobias are right on their tails, but chose the same road to the car, that is faster than the one used by Manfred & Pierre.

Venezuelan friends are done with the news task.

Eze & Tobias are first at the cars!

Dario & Esther are performing the news task.

Jorge & Evelyn are done with the accident task.

Astrid get her person to rescue, but she also fell to the water.

Eze & Tobias stop for asking direction and Costa Ricans surpass them.

Car race to the Pit Stop.

And on foot to the Pit Stop.

Commercial.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #326 on: October 21, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »
And the race continues...

Eze & Tobias arrives first but have a 30 minutes penalty for going directly to the rappel task without getting the clue (despite the fact the correct this error and go to the clue box).

Manfred & Pierre then got their second victory and two cameras as a prize.

Braian & Karina at the studio.

Evelyn & Jorge are team number two.

Dario & Esther complete the accident task, so Braian & Karina.

Eze & Tobias are the team number three, after completing the penalty.

Braian & Karina surpassed Dario & Esther in the road back to the cars, they give them water and tell them Colombian sisters are the lasts.

Jessica & Michelle checked in fourth.

Uruguay & Argentina couples ask for directions.

Braian don't make the turn in the right place and Karina yells at him.

Commercial.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #327 on: October 21, 2013, 07:59:51 PM »
And back again...

Karina yells at Braian. They ask again for directions and realize they were misguided.  Now they're on the correct way.

Dario & Esther are the team number five.

Astrid & Aleja finish the accident task.

Braian & Karina are the sixth to arrive, but they're penalized for the same reason than Eze & Tobias. They're arguing badly about what happened.

Astrid & Aleja are going to the PS crying.

Braian & Karina complete the penalization with the sisters running on the beach to the mat. They're six.

Colombian sister are the last to arrive and have been eliminated.

Astrid says a dream is finishing. Aleja that life goes on. If you think you can, you can do it.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #328 on: October 21, 2013, 08:00:51 PM »
Sorry, I forgot it: of course no next episode preview.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #329 on: October 21, 2013, 08:07:13 PM »
 :umn: Another predictable result.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #330 on: October 21, 2013, 08:14:55 PM »
Reminds me a lot TARLA 2.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #331 on: October 21, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
The next leg should be in Dominican Republic (Cabarete), and i think is a NEL because we know there were six teams getting out from Las Americas International Airport in Santo Domingo.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #332 on: October 21, 2013, 09:12:51 PM »
meh!

Curazao didn't live up to my expectations, probably because of the CBA task and the Rescue/Injury simulation... Having the teams read something in the local language was a great idea but it should've been done in a different way, maybe making them translate their next clue, or something more kryptic than that... and because the injury simulation could've been done anywhere just like the military tasks in Lima.

WHY did Tobias&Ezequiel and Braian&Karina recieved a 30 min penalty? They didn't perform the task at the bridge, they just found the red&yellow flag before the clue box and both of them denied the clue and when back to find the cluebox, is kind of bul**** really. I think Braian saw the same thing and actually said something at the moment  :gaah: Talking about made up fake drama.

Didn't even notice until Toya said it but is this the first time teams had to drive themself? Really? 6 legs into the race? Really?!  :gaah:

The preview was about Cloverfield  :yess:

Edit: I can't believe Tobias&Ezequiel outrun Manfred&Pierre, I wonder if Pierre actually trip or something.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:26:42 PM by Vitoko »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #333 on: October 21, 2013, 10:15:13 PM »
About the penalty all I have to say is "we was robbed" :lol: .

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #334 on: October 21, 2013, 10:19:40 PM »
Alenaveda!!! Check your messages!!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #335 on: October 21, 2013, 10:19:54 PM »
About the penalty all I have to say is "we was robbed" :lol: .

Yep. Exactly.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: October 21, 2013, 10:51:47 PM »
Also worth mentioning: there was a Fast Forward clue along with the second Roadblock
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #337 on: October 22, 2013, 07:53:16 AM »
Next week is Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Teams seen running in Mama Tingo metro station and in Plaza de Colon.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #338 on: October 22, 2013, 08:09:00 AM »
PREVIEW FROM THE NEXT EPISODE!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zzKtzEhbhKA?hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zzKtzEhbhKA?hl=es_</a>
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:23:19 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #339 on: October 22, 2013, 09:05:19 AM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:24:58 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #340 on: October 22, 2013, 09:05:38 AM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:27:35 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #341 on: October 22, 2013, 09:05:58 AM »
Last part of the caps.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:30:52 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #342 on: October 22, 2013, 10:09:05 AM »
Also worth mentioning: there was a Fast Forward clue along with the second Roadblock

Yes!

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #343 on: October 22, 2013, 01:52:11 PM »
Ginnette ‏@Ginnette 1h

Parece que firmarán (o firmaron) un episodio de The Amazing Race en @tiendalasirena de Villa Mella. Vi las boletas, pero olvidé la foto.

Seems that it will record (o recorded) an episode of The Amazing Race en "La Sirena" shop of Villa Mella. I saw the clues, but I forgot the picture.

Villa Mella is a location on North Santo Domingo.

Caps 21, 25, 27, 37, 38, 39 and 43 are from the shop on this sighting.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #344 on: October 22, 2013, 02:51:24 PM »
Next week is Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Teams seen running in Mama Tingo metro station and in Plaza de Colon.

Mamá Tingó station is only 350 meters from the La Sirena Shop.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #345 on: October 22, 2013, 05:48:12 PM »
 :iok I need a U-Turn

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #346 on: October 22, 2013, 09:27:05 PM »
Cap 49, is Evelyn running in front of Ambar Nacional Ambasa. close to the Chinatown.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #347 on: October 22, 2013, 11:00:08 PM »
Cap 49, is Evelyn running in front of Ambar Nacional Ambasa. close to the Chinatown.

I totally forgot this:

More info:

@strainosaleij iban desde el barrio chino corriendo hacia el conde, el equipo de colombia. salu2!

They were going from the chinatown to El Conde. Team Colombia.

That means that they were going in Colón Park direction.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #348 on: October 25, 2013, 09:26:47 AM »
FROM CANALSPACE.TV:
http://series.canalspace.tv/sur/the-amazing-race/sombras-ep-6.php

Desde las sombras

Uno de los productores de “The Amazing Race” nos cuenta en primera personas las impresiones de la carrera más extrema del continente.

EPISODIO 6

Willemstad, Curaçao
Hashtag del día: #expulsadasdelparaiso

Muy buen episodio. Apoyado especialmente en la elección de la ciudad, las locaciones y las pruebas. Curaçao es un paraíso ubicado en el caribe, su principal ciudad y capital es Willemstad, y está muy marcada por la cultura neerlandesa. La lengua local es el papiamento, una mezcla de portugués, español y holandés que a uno le permite entender una palabra cada quince minutos, aproximadamente.
El episodio contaba con un matiz que terminó siendo casi anecdótico. Los participantes tenían la opción de optar por un "avance" y realizar una prueba que los impulsaba directamente al pitstop. Dado que sólo un equipo tenía esta posibilidad y que los líderes costarricenses, Manfred y Pierre, no eligieron hacerlo, las demás parejas perdieron una excelente oportunidad al pensar que los Ticos ya habían usado esa opción.

La primera prueba desafiaba el vértigo y proponía bajar a rapel desde el enorme puente Queen Juliana. Cuarenta y cinco metros de altura. Te lo regalo. Allí, los dos equipos argentinos cometerían el error  de intentar hacer la prueba sin leer la pista previamente. Más tarde lo pagarían. Durante el día también debieron convertirse en rescatistas tanto en agua como en tierra, pero quizá lo más divertido fue cuando tuvieron que asistir a un canal de televisión local y leer una noticia en Papiamento, un verdadero trabalenguas.

No hubo demasiados cambios de posiciones en la carrera, pero sí un final apasionante. El pitstop estaba ubicado en la playa Cas Abao. Un paraíso. Aguas entre celestes y verdes, arena blanca y un tonto que escribe blogs que se olvidó el traje de baño y no la pudo disfrutar. Allí llegaron juntos, literalmente juntos, los equipos de Costa Rica y de los argentinos Tobías y Ezequiel. En el sprint final, ya que Pierre no pudo con un dolor en su pierna, Toya recibió primero a los patagónicos. Últimos allá en Bogotá (que lejos quedó ya) y que han remontado muchísimo desde entonces. Pero...sí, con penalidad. El haber intentado una prueba sin leer la pista los dejó 30 minutos esperando y gracias a eso repitieron primer puesto los costarricenses. Hay que estar atento. A esta altura de la competencia, un error de ese tipo te puede eliminar de la carrera. Los detalles son muy importantes y el apuro lleva a pasarlos por alto.

Luego llegaron los colombianos Evelyn y Jorge, quienes superaron un accidente con su auto ayudados por los amables locales, y se hicieron con el segundo puesto. Tienen pinta de finalistas los bogotanos. Recién allí terminaron su penalidad los de la Patagonia y entraron terceros. Detrás de ellos las venezolanas Jessica y Michelle, que de a poquito viene acomodándose, y un peldaño más abajo los uruguayos Darío y Esther, quienes perdiendo posiciones, pero dejando todo en la cancha como buenos charrúas.

Sextos llegaron los otros argentinos, Braian y Karina, y sufrieron hasta el final. También tuvieron que pagar 30 minutos por el mismo motivo que lo hicieron sus compatriotas. Y a sufrir. El último podía ser eliminado y ellos contaban los segundos para que no lleguen las hermanas de Medellín. Por suerte para ellos, el retraso en tiempo que tenían las chicas era muy grande y lograron salvarse. Otra vez penúltimos y salvados por la campana. Cuidado con eso. Tienen material para llegar a la final, pero si no se cuidan pueden quedarse afuera.

Último episodio para Astrid y Alejandra. Dejaron todo. Mucho esfuerzo, mucho sudor y mucha lágrima. Merecen el aplauso. A pesar de saberse en último lugar, nunca dejaron de luchar y dieron el máximo. Irónicamente, las más creyentes se fueron expulsadas en este paraíso. Y así está la competencia, cada vez más difícil, cada vez más exigente. Ya sólo quedan 6 parejas y lo más duro está por llegar.

Quiero volver a Curaçao. La próxima, de vacaciones. Gracias por dejarme conocer este hermoso lugar. Nos vemos.

From the shadows

One of the producers of "The Amazing Race" told in first person impressions of the most extreme race on the continent.

EPISODE 6

Willemstad, Curaçao
Today's hashtag: #expulsadasdelparaiso

Very good episode. Supported especially in the choice of the city, locations and testing. Curacao is a paradise located in the Caribbean, the main city and capital is Willemstad, and is heavily influenced by Dutch culture. The local language is Papiamento, a mixture of Portuguese, Spanish and Dutch that allows you to  understand one word every fifteen minutes or so.
The episode had a nuance that ended up being almost anecdotal. Participants had the option of opting for a Fast Forward and perform a task that directly send them to the pitstop. Since only one team had this possibility and that the leaders of Costa Rica, Manfred and Pierre chose not to do so, the other couples lost an excellent opportunity by thinking that Ticos had already used that option.

The first challenge proposed to defy vertigo and rappel down from the huge Queen Juliana Bridge. Fifteen feet high. You can have it. There, the two Argentine teams make the mistake of trying to do the test without reading the previous clue. Later they would pay. During the day, also had to become rescuers, both in water and on land, but perhaps the most fun was when they had to attend a local television station and read a story in Papiamento, a real tongue twister.

There were not too many changes of positions in the race, but a thrilling final. The pitstop was located on the beach Cas Abao. A paradise. Between blue and green waters, white sand and a fool who blogs who forgot a bathing suit and could not enjoy it. There came together, literally together, teams of Costa Rica and Argentina Tobias and Ezekiel. In the final sprint, and because Pierre couldn't stand a pain in his leg, Toya received first to the Patagonia natives. Lasts in Bogota (which was far longer) and have pumping over a lot since then. But ... yes, with penalty. Having tried a task without reading the clue the left 30 minutes waiting and thanks to that Costa Ricans repeated first place. Gotta watch. At this stage of the competition, such an error could eliminate you from the race. The details are very important and takes the trouble to overlook.

Then came the Colombian Evelyn and Jorge, who overcame an accident with his car aided by the friendly locals, and took over second place. The Bogotá natives look like finalists. Just there ended their penalty those of Patagonia and came third. Behind them the Venezuelan Jessica and Michelle, that step by step are adjusting, and a step below the Uruguayans Darius and Esther, who lost positions, but leaving everything on the court as good charrúas.

On sixth came the other Argentines, Braian and Karina, and suffered till the end. They also had to pay 30 minutes for the same reason they compatriots did. And to suffer. The latter could be eliminated and they counted the seconds for not to  reach the sisters of Medellin. Luckily for them, the delay in time the girls had was very large and were saved. Again penultimate and saved by the bell. Careful with that. They have the stuff to reach the final, but if they not take care they can be out of the race.

Last episode to Astrid and Alejandra. They left everything. Much effort, much sweat and many tears. They deserve the applause. Despite knowing last, never stopped fighting and gave the maximum. Ironically, the most believers were expelled in paradise. And that competition is increasingly difficult, increasingly demanding. There are only 6 couples and the hardest thing is coming.

I want to come back to Curacao. Next, on vacation. Thanks for letting me know this beautiful place. See you.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #349 on: October 28, 2013, 07:03:38 PM »
Previously on The Amazing Race Latin America...

The race moved to Curacao. Seven teams ready to give everything.

Costa Ricans in first due to Eze & Tobias penalty.

Teams travel to the oldest city of America

Intro

Fly to Santo Domingo, the capital of Dominican Republic. Make your way to the Crown Plaza Hotel to get the next clue.