Author Topic: TAR 23 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays  (Read 32503 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 23 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2013, 11:37:50 AM »
Another heads up for a larger area of the Midwest and Ohio valleys; your local station may have to cover severe weather tomorrow; the NWS Storm Preduction Center has already forecast a moderate risk for t-storms with a risk of high winds, large hail, and even tornadoes.
It's the sort of weather that delays outside sporting events these days, especially if lightening is observed. Fortunately, the Chargers-Dolphins game is no where near the forecasted risk area, but it could cause local weather coverage that could overlap the CBS network schedule.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2013, 07:06:36 PM »
CBS will have a single late game tomorrow. The San Diego/Miami game will start at 4:05 eastern. The markets, in eastern/central time zones, affected are Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philly, Norfolk, Va, Atlanta, eastern and southern Georgia, Florida and central, western Missouri and most of Kansas.

Both teams are passing teams, so hopefully it wont run overtime too much.

I'm in Raleigh, so I'm guessing the San Diego/Miami game won't affect me.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2013, 08:33:07 PM »
CBS will have a single late game tomorrow. The San Diego/Miami game will start at 4:05 eastern. The markets, in eastern/central time zones, affected are Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philly, Norfolk, Va, Atlanta, eastern and southern Georgia, Florida and central, western Missouri and most of Kansas.

This is not a doubleheader week for CBS.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2013, 09:39:48 PM »

Belle

Raleigh gets the Baltimore at Chicago game tomorrow. It starts at 1:00 pm eastern. I should be over by 4 pm eastern.

But as theschnauzers pointed out, there is weather warnings for the Midwest. Soldier Field is an open stadium. If there is lighting in the area during the game, it could be delayed. But I really don't believe any weather delay will could affect your start time for TAR.

Matthew 7:15

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2013, 01:38:50 AM »
This is to update the NWS Severe Weather forecast for Sunday in a wide area of the US that gets the CBS east coast prime time feed.

I understand most of the highlighted areas are not getting the late single NFL game tomorrow (Sunday) but your local CBS station, if it is in the forecast area for possible severe weather (high risk, moderate risk, slight risk) and severe storm warnings are issued for your locality, you can expect local stations to interrupt CBS programming in the afternoon and evening to cover the storms in your area.

I've copied the latest map from the SPC put up recently (11:30 am ET). There may be later updates of their forecasts but my experience is that the area affected doesn't vary much, although the level of risk may change. (After High Risk, the next level is the Extremely Dangerous Situation level, which almost guarantees possible tornadic formations being detected by radar or by trained spotters on the ground.)
At the time I updated this post, almost all of Illinois, the lower peninsula of Michigan, and nearby areas of Indiana and Ohio are under the most serious form of tornado watches with the extremely dangerous situation label) so much of the midwest into the northeast may be subject to local station coverage of the severe weather ouybreak and may affect viewing of TAR at its usual time on the east coast feed.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 12:30:42 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2013, 06:08:56 PM »
Looks like a delay for folks around San Diego, Miami, and Western PA.  8:08 isn't bad, but it sucks when most of the country starts on time (especially in a Double-Uturn episode that'll reveal the Top 5).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2013, 06:28:06 PM »
^^^ Add Philadelphia, Atlanta, Norfolk, Detroit, and Kansas City to the list.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2013, 06:36:12 PM »
Well, not San Diego, I don't believe, since that's West Coast. My fault

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2013, 06:39:02 PM »
The Amazing Race
Due to live football Sunday, schedule for #AmazingRace will be delayed 8 minutes in the following areas ONLY: Savannah/AlbnyGA,SprngfldMO,YoungstownOH,Philly,Atl,Detroit,Flint,Lnsing,Florida,Kansas,Pittsbrg,KC,NorfolkVA,MobileAL

Ugh, how annoying. :res:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »
The Amazing Race
Due to live football Sunday, schedule for #AmazingRace will be delayed 8 minutes in the following areas ONLY: Savannah/AlbnyGA,SprngfldMO,YoungstownOH,Philly,Atl,Detroit,Flint,Lnsing,Florida,Kansas,Pittsbrg,KC,NorfolkVA,MobileAL

Ugh, how annoying. :res:

If you live in those areas, yes.  I used to live near Philly, but now I live in Raleigh and the show wasn't delayed for me, so I'm not annoyed.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2013, 03:34:38 PM »
This Sunday, Nov 24, CBS has single games only. CBS does not have the double header. CBS does again have two late games starting at 4:05 pm eastern time.

One game is Indianapolis @ Arizona. This game will be televised in eastern half of North Dakota, 95% of Minnesota, all of Wisconsin, all of Michigan, all of Indiana, very small part of Kentucky, most of Illinois, St Louis viewing area, Charlotte, NC, Tampa and Miami.

2nd game is Tennessee @ Oakland. This game will be seen in all of Tennessee, parts of Kentucky, northern Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and a small part of Arkansas (Memphis viewing area)

If there is a delay, it should be small, similar to last week.....just a few minutes.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2013, 06:26:14 PM »
Looks like all of the games ended before 7. If you had Indy/Cards, you'll be fine. Tennessee/Oakland minor at best.  Next week is the penultimate episode following a double-header, so everyone will start a little later (no one EST in the country will have a head start over someone else)

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2013, 06:27:10 PM »
Looks like all of the games ended before 7. If you had Indy/Cards, you'll be fine. Tennessee/Oakland minor at best.  Next week is the penultimate episode following a double-header, so everyone will start a little later (no one EST in the country will have a head start over someone else)

10 minute delay for Indy/Arizona.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »
Any delay for Buffalo? I missed the Canadian stream lol

From the CBS Tweet:
Due 2 2nd live football game, #AmazingRace now starting @ 8:17ET/7:17CT in following state & mkts: Tennessee, HuntsvilleAL, ColumbusMS
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2013, 08:48:27 PM »
Per the main AR Twitter account, expect a delay.

IOW, it still won't start at 8:00, but it could be pushed beyond it's newer double-header start time of 8:30.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »
Per the main AR Twitter account, expect a delay.

IOW, it still won't start at 8:00, but it could be pushed beyond it's newer double-header start time of 8:30.

I found the same info on TV.com today.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2013, 08:39:51 AM »
Yep, today is CBS double header day. CBS prime time programming starts at 7:30pm eastern time. TAR is @ 8:30pm eastern time.

Most of the nation will have the Denver/Kansas City game. A very small part of US will have the Cincinnati/San Diego game (Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia).

Game starts at 4:30pm eastern time and the length of game will be determined on how many incomplete passes there are. Lets hope that Manning and Smith complete all their passes......lol 

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2013, 10:24:25 AM »
Yep, today is CBS double header day. CBS prime time programming starts at 7:30pm eastern time. TAR is @ 8:30pm eastern time.

Most of the nation will have the Denver/Kansas City game. A very small part of US will have the Cincinnati/San Diego game (Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia).

Game starts at 4:30pm eastern time and the length of game will be determined on how many incomplete passes there are. Lets hope that Manning and Smith complete all their passes......lol

I hope so too!  Otherwise, it'll be a long wait for us TAR fans!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2013, 06:45:53 PM »

ummm does anyone know when tar comes in eastren

I hope so too!  Otherwise, it'll be a long wait for us TAR fans!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2013, 06:48:01 PM »
We should have updated times shortly. Football just ended. Denver won. :)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2013, 06:51:12 PM »
Remember when the US is off daylight savings time, the UTC for the US Eastern Time zone is -5.

The NFL just ended (almost the entire US had the same late NFL doubleheader game), and 60 Minutes started on the east coast feed at 6:51  pm Eastern Time, so add one hour for TAR start on the east coast feed.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2013, 06:52:34 PM »
Thanks TS!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »
CBS has one late game today.......Tennessee at Denver. It starts at 4:05pm eastern. At normally 3 hours a game, time will be tight for 60 Minutes to start in the viewing area. Good news is that Denver should win easily. The viewing area includes the following..........

Both Dakotas, western Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Detroit/eastern Michigan, Houston, Philly, Baltimore and all of Tennessee. Also Atlanta, Birmingham, Huntsville, northern Mississippi, small portion of eastern Ark (Memphis area) and southern Kentucky.

I sure hope that Manning makes quick work of the Titans so everyone can watch TAR at the same time.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2013, 12:55:14 PM »
I was thinking about Denver and how it was West Coast only that would be affected.  Forgot about Tennessee completely, so that has to suck.  But hopefully they'll be able to make the game end before 7.  Next year, I think CBS will get the double-header on 12/07/14 so that'll delay everyone, but what makes the double-header a plus is that no one is ahead of the other (in the US, at least).

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2013, 01:38:58 PM »
I was thinking about Denver and how it was West Coast only that would be affected.  Forgot about Tennessee completely, so that has to suck.  But hopefully they'll be able to make the game end before 7.  Next year, I think CBS will get the double-header on 12/07/14 so that'll delay everyone, but what makes the double-header a plus is that no one is ahead of the other (in the US, at least).

Why do you think that? They do not alternate, btw. CBS and FOX work out between them who has double header every week. They do it so it equals out by the end of the season. FOX likes to have single games early in the football season, because they have MLBaseball playoffs. CBS likes double headers early and late in season, so it doesn't mess up too much with their prime time schedule.

But I will concede that guessing a year in advance only gets you a 50/50 chance at being right.

Mountain and Pacific are never affected by football run overs, only eastern and central time zones. So it is pointless to even name cities in Mountain or Pacific that have the late game. I only point out the cities in central and eastern when I post cities likely to be delayed.

Late games televised in Mountain Time zone start at either 2:05 or 2:25......so they are over before 60 Minutes start. Pacific Time zone late games start at 1:05 or 1:25 and are not even close to delaying 60 Minutes.

During TARs 12 week run, it is usually FOX with 7 double headers and CBS with 5.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:44:11 PM by DrRox »