Author Topic: TAR 23: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 90935 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 23: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 08:41:22 PM »
Ew 5 M/M teams. :res:

The only team that looks interesting were the Afghanimals. They give me a James/Abba vibe, which is both good and bad at the same time. I'm really rooting for the F/F teams to make it far.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 10:25:22 PM »
I actually think that all 5 M/M teams look pretty good. I hope the ice girls make it far. My first impression faves are probably Team Boston, Ice Girls, Beards, Team Blue, Team SDSU
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 10:46:38 PM »
The only team that looks interesting were the Afghanimals.

I know why we get along well <3
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2013, 10:48:06 PM »
The only team that looks interesting In the M/M teams were the Afghanimals.

I know why we get along well <3

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 05:46:34 AM »
Probably this season could end up like TAR 18, wherein 4 of the 5 TAR 14 teams were the 1st 4 booted out and the last survivor would end up as winner. :res:

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2013, 06:15:22 AM »
To be honest, I'm scared for the F/F teams this season. All the M/M teams look like they're going to go far.
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 08:01:13 AM »
Great avi Xarles <3

(Yes, off topic, but I don't have anywhere else to put it so please don't delete it Peachies :<3 )

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2013, 10:37:41 AM »
Great avi Xarles <3

(Yes, off topic, but I don't have anywhere else to put it so please don't delete it Peachies :<3 )

Σας ευχαριστώ πολύ. Muchas gracias. Thank you very much.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 10:50:26 AM »
Severe lack of FF teams this season :(

Maybe it's because all but 1 MM team last season didn't make it past Leg 5 that they decided to bump the numbers, who knows :duno:

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 07:16:12 PM »
"The Amazing Pace": At 5 days per country we will not be seeing more than five countries!!!  :tantrum

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 09:56:36 PM »
Where in the world are they?? I'm curious to know if the females survived the first to legs  :pray:
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 10:09:16 PM »
"The Amazing Pace": At 5 days per country we will not be seeing more than five countries!!!  :tantrum

I'm not complaining! This could be dubbed as the longest/hardest race ever with the most days spent or what. At this rate they may take 50 days to complete the race. :lol3:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 10:58:39 PM »
Maybe they did go to Easter Island after all... :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2013, 12:48:33 AM »
True, there are 5 M/M teams, but they don't really seam that strong. The blue team (they'll probably get eliminated early), bingo guys (they might get eliminated early too), and metalheads probably won't be too strong (I can see the metalheads getting 6th like James & Abba). One thing I do like about all these M/M teams is that there is so much variety. This season has some of the most interesting teams in race history.

Although, 5 guy teams is a little much. I would love to see a remake of TAR 17 with 3 M/M, 4 F/F, and 4 M/F. To this day season 17 is one of my favorites- mainly because it was the first season I watched and mainly because it had the first F/F winner- but also because it had such a variety between the M/M teams, F/F teams, and M/F teams.
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2013, 06:47:33 AM »
Where in the world are they?? I'm curious to know if the females survived the first to legs  :pray:

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2013, 09:42:28 AM »
Where could they be!? I'm thinking rural Peru, since people there might not understand that it's Amazing Race or maybe don't have the technology to put it on facebook or twitter. Hopefully we catch 'em soon though!
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2013, 10:45:53 AM »

They're probably in a rural area without a lot of technology, like rural Peru or rural Bolivia.

Incidentally, the two F/F teams were on the first flight to Chile, so I'm pretty sure they survived the first leg.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2013, 12:47:57 PM »
I don't like when teams are cast, or not cast, on the basis of their gender make-up. To me it is not a relevant factor. As many pointed out during the last season (TAR 22) no so-called alpha-male team had won since TAR 10; although male same-gender teams did win some seasons, they had flaws (and I would suspect were probably cast to throw those flaws into the mix. And there were several seasons where strong male teams did not make to the finish mat first, although they made final four.

Female same-gender teams likewise were cast, and won some of those seasons between TAR 10 and 22, and some of them missed opportunities to win because of their mistakes that had nothing to do with their perceived physical strength or lack thereof.

So I admit I get irritated by talk about there being too many or too few same gender teams in a particular season. TPTB seem to have found their sweet spot in casting teams that aren't totally perfect and giving them all chances to succeed or fail on their own choices and decisions. That's why you won't be hearing me complain ever about the superficial categorization of teams by their gender make-up.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »
I don't like when teams are cast, or not cast, on the basis of their gender make-up. To me it is not a relevant factor. As many pointed out during the last season (TAR 22) no so-called alpha-male team had won since TAR 10; although male same-gender teams did win some seasons, they had flaws (and I would suspect were probably cast to throw those flaws into the mix. And there were several seasons where strong male teams did not make to the finish mat first, although they made final four.

Female same-gender teams likewise were cast, and won some of those seasons between TAR 10 and 22, and some of them missed opportunities to win because of their mistakes that had nothing to do with their perceived physical strength or lack thereof.

So I admit I get irritated by talk about there being too many or too few same gender teams in a particular season. TPTB seem to have found their sweet spot in casting teams that aren't totally perfect and giving them all chances to succeed or fail on their own choices and decisions. That's why you won't be hearing me complain ever about the superficial categorization of teams by their gender make-up.

I largely agree. I think it's mostly irrelevant what gender or racial makeup the team has. If they are likable and I think they deserve to win, I will root for them. Regardless of gender, race, etc, as long as interesting, "real-people" teams are cast, I will be satisfied.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Amazingracer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2013, 10:11:49 PM »
WHERE ARE THEY?!?!? GAAAAAAHHHHH!  :gaah:  :gaah:  :gaah:

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2013, 12:12:28 AM »
Nvm
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:20:50 AM by WinTar »

Offline saskvagabond

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2013, 03:36:41 AM »
I'm going to squeal here! I can't believe they went to Iquique! I backpacked around the world a year and a bit ago and spent two weeks in Iquique (http://whereswaldner.blogspot.ca/2011/02/days-73-86-of-sun-beach-earthquakes-and.html?m=1). I'm already stupid excited for this season.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2013, 09:16:33 PM »
I actually love that we're lacking spoilers so far. I initially planned to go unspoiled this season but with all the buzz happening during Leg 1 spoiling I just HAD to take a look :lol:

Anyway, 5 M/M teams :res: It should be 4 at most.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013, 11:24:43 PM »

They're probably in a rural area without a lot of technology, like rural Peru or rural Bolivia.

Incidentally, the two F/F teams were on the first flight to Chile, so I'm pretty sure they survived the first leg.
But remember, in some of the past seasons, one of the first teams on the first flight can also be the first team eliminated. (ex: Bilal & Sa'eed, Ari & Staella, Preston & Jennifer ??? , Ron & Tony, etc.)

However, there was a sighting on the live sightings thread showing Ashley & Ally (LA Kings cheerleaders) at Lisbon Int'l Airport.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2013, 02:51:24 AM »
Just hope they'll finally visit nepal ..
Creating Routes ~