Author Topic: TAR Vietnam 2--ReCaps are here!!  (Read 38034 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: TAR Vietnam 2--ReCaps are here!!
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2013, 12:30:42 PM »
Thanks.

Also, if you have spare time, could you check the Task Descriptions on this race's Wikipedia page, and make sure everything's correct? (I write those too). Those aren't on the Reality Fan Wiki yet, but they will be eventually.

Just let me know what to fix and I'll fix it.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2013, 05:49:09 PM »
Wow, I always wonder who did the English version in Wikipedia. It's wonderful.  :yess: I will check it when I have time

Offline Quoc Nghia

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2013, 02:28:54 AM »
I don't understand why they (production) change the rules completely. It makes the race getting boring because the position is always same as previous leg.

The editing is still really bad. Even worse than last year. They makes the race look like an easy pie althought it's hard.

But the cast save the show. This year, there are many different personalities. They created a lot of dramas and funny monents and they caught attention of many viewers. (Maybe because of they're celebrities). I like all the girls this season. They make the show more colorful. And some of the girls are getting more famous after the race. Especially Hari, she's a Korean girl, cancer survivor, her bf is a famous rapper and their love story's just like a soap drama on TV. Blue team, I don't like both of them on VN's next top model but on TAR, i really like how they play.

On the other side, Red team has a lot of haters. I'm OK with Linh Chinh but but NPV's bossy attitude   :meow:

There's only one final episode. I hope Blue win. It's really great when an all-female team win. *circle praying*

The show will be renewed for sure. BHD needs to fire editting crews. They sucks. All BHD's shows (VN's got talents, MasterChef, Vietnam Idol) are horrible because of editting. And Huy Khanh, if he continues hosting next year, please change the style.

@GB: I think you shouldn't replace "Thanh Hoa" = "Bông", "Bông"'s just her nickname.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2013, 11:24:14 AM »
@Quoc Nghia I gave some consideration to that. The rule of TAR wiki pages is that we identify them by how they're identified on-sceen. I got into a huge argument on the Israel TAR pages because the teams' "relationships" there were not matching what was displayed on-screen in Hebrew.

Luu Esther is represented as "Hari" because she is constantly credited on-screen as Hari. However, with the case of "S.T" and "Bông", they were only credited on SOME episodes as such.

S.T was credited as such on 1/2 episodes, which was majority enough for me to make an administrative decision to do so. However, Bông was only credited as such for 2/6 episodes. That's not enough, and she was more consistently credited as Thanh Hoa.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »
@Quoc Nghia I gave some consideration to that. The rule of TAR wiki pages is that we identify them by how they're identified on-sceen. I got into a huge argument on the Israel TAR pages because the teams' "relationships" there were not matching what was displayed on-screen in Hebrew.

Oh man, that was you? I remember reading that! You don't speak Hebrew, do you? I ask because the team labels weren't always the same. Like, sometimes for Alon & Oren it'd say "Brothers", but other times it'd say "CEO & Lawyer" or something like that, and I think for Osi & Carmit it'd sometimes say "From X", X being their hometown. So in some cases what was on the Wiki page was correct and in others what you thought should be on the page was correct.

But anyway, I like Đức Hưng & Thùy Dung but since Diệp Lâm Anh & Thu Hiền made it to the final leg I'm rooting for the girls. I just hope the tasks in the leg won't be as ridiculously unfair as the one in last season's.

Offline Quoc Nghia

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2013, 10:59:31 PM »
@GB: If we can, we could use the name text like this: Lưu Esther (Hari)

If not, i think we should use Hari, S.T. & Thanh Hoa (more popular names) instead of Lưu Esther, Sơn Thạch & Bông.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2013, 12:34:57 AM »
Definitely no parentheses.

In cases where things change from episode to episodes, I usually find it's best to go with what is displayed the most often. (Hence, Hari vs. Thanh Hoa)

In other news, I gotta stop being lazy and fix the TARV2 map -.-

Oh, speaking of Wiki work!! I'm still not sure I have all of the contestants' full names. For example, I've only found her called "Linh Chi" and nothing more. I don't know how Vietnamese names work, and I took everything related to their names from that other TAR wiki (bleck). If anyone has information regarding contestants' names, please let me know or make a contribution here:

http://realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=The_Amazing_Race_Vietnam_Contestants

(Yeah, I know the finishing placements are out of date. I'll fix that after the finale)

(Ages and Hometowns too. WE MUST STRIVE FOR INFORMATION PERFECTION)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:39:57 AM by GB »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2013, 02:26:19 AM »
Leg 11: Sapa, Lào Cai

- Route info: Go by train from Hanoi to Sapa, Lao Cai. Find Stone Church (Nhà thờ đá) to find the next clue

- Route info: Go to Vinh Mai Art Shop. Team members should find and wear traditional clothes and accessories as Red Dao people (Người Dao Đỏ) in 5 minutes. If they wear correctly, they receive the next clue.

- Roadblock: Who love flower?
+ Go to Mr. Ly Sai Sen's house in Ta Phin (Xã Tả Phìn), Sapa
+ One member should embroider a sample by hand as an instruction

- Detour: Botanical or Animal
+ Botanical: Team members should do farming in marked field. When the judge satisfied, they receive the next clue.
+ Animal: Team members choose a number. Then, they should chase a small pig with corresponding number into corresponding shelter. They can not touch the pig or use the bait such as food...
(Both Detours take place in Sin Chai (Thôn Sín Chải), Sapa)

After detour, all teams stay over night and continure to race next morning.

Mid-leg position:
1. Thu Hiền - Lâm Anh
2. Linh Chi - Phúc Vinh
3. Tiến Đạt - Hari
4. Thùy Dung - Đức Hưng

- Route info: Go to Forest ranger point in Hoàng Liên Sơn Range, Sapa then climb to the rest point at level 2200m height. There, each member should cut from a dead pig to obtain two pieces of meat. If the total weight of those two pieces is around 500 grams (they accept some errors, maybe not over 10 grams), they receive the next clue.
(Even the pig is already dead, many races and a lot of the viewers find this task so terrible and savage)

- Route info: Eat Thang Co (Thắng Cố). Thang Co is a traditional dish from H'Mong people. They used many inner parts of animal and a lot of spices and herbs to cook it. (I never eat it before but I heard that the smell is like **** and also the taste. Of course, the production crews cook it in a safer way for racers. However, it still seems to be disgusting) Each member need to eat a big bowl of Thang Co to receive next clue. If they vomit, they must eat another bowl.
(Thu Hiền - Lâm Anh and Tiến Đạt - Hari choose to give up this task. They all got 45 minutes penalties)

- Route info: Go to marked area and play a traditional game called Nem Con (Ném Còn). One member should try to throw a small ball which has a long tail through a ring up in the air. Other member need to catch that ball. Each team has 5 chances in 3 minutes. They only need to be successful 1 time to receive the next clue.

- Pit Stop: Lầu Vọng Cảnh, Bản Cát Cát (Vọng Cảnh Observation Point, Cat Cat Village)

1. Linh Chi - Phúc Vinh
2. Thu Hiền - Lâm Anh
3. Thùy Dung - Đức Hưng
4. Tiến Đạt - Hari (Eliminated)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2013, 02:43:45 AM »
Reward:
Leg 1. Express Pass
Leg 3. Two nights at Romana Resort, Phan Thiết (announced at the Pit Stop of leg 3) and Two nights at Amiana Resort, Nha Trang ( announced at the Starting point of leg 4)
Leg 4. One night at Sheraton Hotel, Nha Trang
Leg 6. Two nights in Ba Na resort, Da Nang
Leg 8. Two nights in Sun Spa resort, Quang Binh
Leg 9. Two round tickets in Bussiness class of Singapore Airlines (Hanoi - Singapore) and 3 nights in Ramada Hotel, Singapore.
Leg 11. Two vouchers to visit Suối Hoa Lan resort in Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2013, 03:10:10 AM »
Name of racers:
1. Linh Chi Nguyễn (1982 - Lâm Đồng)- Phúc Vinh Nhan (1986 - Cần Thơ)
2. Diệp Anh Nguyễn (Diệp Lâm Anh) (1989 - Hà Nội) - Thu Hiền Trần Thị (1989 - Vĩnh Phúc)
3. Thanh Hoa Đỗ Thị (Bông) (1990 - Hà Nội) - Anh Tuấn Phạm (? - Hải Phòng)
4. Việt Dũng Hà (1987 - Phú Thọ) - Pha Lê Nguyễn (1987 - Hải Phòng)
5. Sơn Thạch Nguyễn Cao (S.T) (1990 - ?)- Hùng Phong Lâm ( ? - Hồ Chí Minh)
6. Tiến Đạt Đinh (1981 - ?)- Esther Lưu (Hari) (1985 - Seoul)
7. Thùy Dung Nguyễn (1987 - Hà Nội) - Đức Hưng Dương (1984 - Hà Nội)
8. Kim Lee (1988 - ?) - Pharreal Phương Nguyễn (Duy Phương Nguyễn) (1988 - Hải Phòng)
9. Linh Sơn Nguyễn (1987 - Hà Nam) - Tiến Mạnh Đoàn (1987 - Hà Giang)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:08:25 AM by paradoxinee »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2013, 12:19:16 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, heh, but how have you ordered these names? Is the "Family Name" on the right for all of them? I only ask so I can write the list consistently. (IE, you wrote Phuc Vinh Nahn instead of Nahn Phuc Vinh)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2013, 12:29:22 PM »
Yes. Nhan is Phuc Vinh's family name.
And also, Doan Manh's full name is Doan Tien Manh (Doan is his family name).
Diep Lam Anh's real name is Nguyen Diep Anh (Nguyen is her family name)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2013, 01:36:09 PM »
Perfect! You're awesome.

I don't know if you can help with this or not, but I'm still missing a few hometowns from TAR Vietnam 2012.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:13:21 PM by GB »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2013, 09:43:07 PM »
Perfect! You're awesome.

I don't know if you can help with this or not, but I'm still missing a few hometowns from TAR Vietnam 2012.

It's a bit difficult.
According to Facebook accounts, Thanh Phuc's hometown là Ho Chi Minh. Baggio was born in France but his hometown in FB is Ho Chi Minh. I'm not sure about him.

I will ask my friend. He added friends with many racers and production crews from last season. I hope he can help.

Offline Quoc Nghia

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2013, 09:38:31 PM »
Due to a state funeral of a famous general officer in Vietnam (General Võ Nguyên Giáp), the season finale will not air this week. It was announced on Facebook.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2013, 11:30:59 PM »
Oh wow. Will it be next Friday, or some time before that?

Offline Quoc Nghia

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2013, 01:53:27 AM »
Let's me check.

It will air on next Friday, Oct 18th.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2013, 08:29:26 AM »
Oh so the finale isn't today? Thanks for the info!
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2013, 07:48:17 AM »
About 15 minutes to season finale.  This is the live stream if you care.  :hrt:

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:54:25 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2013, 09:20:39 AM »
TAR VN makes History. The first team to finish the Finish line might not win the prize because of penalty :))

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2013, 09:37:35 AM »
This leg is crazy. But i'm verry happy because the girls have just won.  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2013, 10:33:58 AM »
TAR VN makes History. The first team to finish the Finish line might not win the prize because of penalty :))

Well this will be fun to watch. =)) But wait that means the girls won even with a penalty?! EPIC <3
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2013, 10:50:03 AM »

Well this will be fun to watch. =)) But wait that means the girls won even with a penalty?! EPIC <3

The Red hit the finish line first but they had 30' penalty because of breaking the rules (at the roadblock and traffic laws). The Blue came 2nd when the penalty was not over and they won.  :hrt:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »
^ Not Roadblock but Active Route Info

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2013, 09:54:57 PM »
Well either way, I can't wait to see how this all shakes out!
I'm baaaaaack!