Author Topic: TAR Vietnam 2--ReCaps are here!!  (Read 38030 times)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Vietnam 2!!
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2013, 04:29:18 PM »
links removed

I will try to make English sub when I have time.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:38:24 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2013, 01:00:39 PM »
Leg 4: Nha Trang, Khánh Hòa

- Route info: find a restaurant in Amiana resort and count number of complete dinnerware sets in only 1 minutes.

- Route info: Go by taxi to the harbor of Long Phu tourist area to find next clue

- Roadblock: Treasure under the sea
+ Dive into marked area and find the clue

- Route info: Go to Hon Leo harbor in Dao Khi (Monkey Island) to find next clue

- Detour: Fish or Bird (in Dao Hoa Lan - Orchid Island)
+ Fish: Catch one crocodile, go along the required path and bring it to a man to receive the next clue
+ Bird: Ride on ostriches, go around the area 2 times, each member holds one cup of water. After finishing, if the water level is higher than marked line, they will receive the next clue.

- Route info: Catch a ball
+ One member ride a zip line and throw a basketball, other member hold a bin and catch that ball

- Route info: Go to Sheraton Hotel, Nha Trang and find a receptionist at the front desk to receive next clue.

- Route info: Go to kitchen at 6th floor and make fresh noodles to receive next clue

- Route info: Find a bar, eat a big cake without using hands to find a hidden elevator key. This elevator key is used to go to 30th floor.

- Pitstop: 30th floor of Sheraton Hotel

1. Linh Chi - Phúc Vinh
2. Tiến Đạt - Hari
3. Đức Hưng - Thùy Dung
4. Thanh Hoa - Anh Tuấn
5. Linh Sơn - Đức Mạnh
6. Thu Hiền - Lâm Anh
7. Pha Lê - Việt Dũng (Non-eliminated, next leg they will have no money)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2013, 08:18:26 AM »
There are 12 episodes. We have 9 teams so we should have 5 NEL or KOR legs. Up to now 2 legs were NEL.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2013, 12:18:55 PM »
Leg 5: Dak Lak - Dak Nong

- Starting line: Sheraton hotel, Nha Trang

- Route info: Go to Buon Don, Buon Me Thuot by highway bus and then taxi. Find the clue in the marked old house - The house of legendary Ama kong.(They have 1.3M VND, Pha Le - Viet Dung team has no money)

- Route info: Ask the locals for staying over night. (I'm confusing about this task, all teams stays overnight together but next morning they go in order and I'm not sure the time gap between teams, maybe the same as they start from Sheraton Hotel or Highway Bus.)

- Route info: Hear and guess
+ Go to Suspension bridge center, Teams will hear sound of a gong and they must guess which gong was hitted, go to find and bring it back in 5 minutes.

- Detour: Tree and soil
+ Tree: Count the number of coffea trees in marked area and solve a math problem.
Math problem: Each tree produces 30kg raw coffee seeds. 1kg raw coffee seeds after drying gives 65% dried coffee seeds. 1kg dried coffee seeds can produce 73% processed coffee seeds (I don't know what is cà phê nhân). Roasting and milling 1kg processed coffee seeds to have 81% coffee powder. Question is: with counted number of coffea trees, how many kg of raw coffee seeds, dried coffee seeds, processed coffee seeds and coffee powder are produced?
+ Soil: Bring 250 unburned bricks using old cart through a road with many obstacles

- Route info: Find the way to Dray Nur waterfall (or Wife Watefall) to receive next clue

- Roadblock: Who want to climb a waterfall
+ One member swim to the Dray Nur Waterfall, then climb a rope ladder to the top of the waterfall

- Route info: Open the treasure. Go to Dray Sap Waterfall (or Husband Waterfall). One member climbs down the waterfall to find out 4 numbers. Other member uses these 4 numbers to find out a code to open a safe.

- Pitstop: Nha Dai (Long House) near Dray Sap.

1. Thuy Dung - Duc Hung
2. Lam Anh - Thu Hien
3. Tien Dat - Hari
4. Phuc Vinh - Linh Chi
5. Thanh Hoa - Anh Tuan
6. Linh Son - Doan Manh
7. Pha Le - Viet Dung (Can not finish Roadblock, eliminated out of Pitstop) 

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2013, 01:29:21 PM »
Leg 6: Quảng Nam - Đà Nẵng

- Route info: Move from Dak Lak to Da Nang then go to My Son Ruin - Quang Nam by taxi to find the next clue.
- Route info: Finding Clay toys
+ Each team needs to find 5 clay toys around the ruin. There are fake and real ones. The real toys can use as a horn.
+ Members of each team can not talk to each others.

- Route info: Find a village in the distance of 10 km from Nam Phuoc Town, Duy Xuyen, Quang Nam. This village's famous local product is related to sleeping. (Duy Vinh village, Duy Phuoc, Quang Nam - Local production: Sedge mat)

- Route info: Bring 3 big packages of sedge using an old small bicycle to a woman's house to receive the next clue. (They need to get the number. I don't know what it's for but maybe the bicycle)

After this task: No clue as they said, all teams go back to Da Nang city, rest and start to race next morning.
Mid-leg position
1. Lâm Anh - Thu Hiền
2. Tiến Đạt - Hari
3. Thanh Hoa - Anh Tuấn
4. Linh Chi - Phúc Vinh
5. Linh Sơn - Đoàn Mạnh
6. Thùy Dung - Đức Hưng

- Roadblock: Who want to find a needle in an ocean (a hay)
+ Go to Da Nang Diving Club.
+ One member will swim and dive in the big pool. He will try to open some boxes at the bottom of the pool with a bunch of keys. If there is a soda bottle (sponcer's product lol) in the box, they find a correct box. They have 1 minute and 30 seconds to do this task.
+ After finding out the bottle, they need to throw it into a basket up in the air. They have 1 minute to do this task.
+ This road block is in order. So if they fail to do the task, they might wait in line for other teams.

- Route info: Go to cable car station in Ba Na Hill to find the next clue.

- Detour: High tower or Deep cellar
+ High tower: Go by cable car to the highest tower in Ba Na Hill. They must climb the stairway to obtain 5 boards. The sum of numbers in the boards must be 20.000. Each time they get a board, they must bring it down then go again.
+ Deep cellar: Go by cable car to one of the biggest wine cellar in Da Nang. Find a wine bottle with small TAR sticker.

In both task, one leg of each member of a team will tie to one leg of the other (to make them difficult to move).

- Pit stop: Tien Son Stadium

1. Linh Chi - Phúc Vinh
2. Tiến Đạt - Hari
3. Thu Hiền - Lâm Anh
4. Linh Sơn - Đoàn Mạnh
5. Thùy Dung - Đức Hưng (they came in second place but got 15 minutes penalty for receiving local people's help in sedge mat task)
6. Thanh Hoa - Anh Tuấn (eliminated)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »
Leg 7 is so boring. I have no interest to do the recap. (But I will do it later)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2013, 11:28:08 AM »
Leg 7: Quảng Bình
(All teams travel from Da Nang to Dong Hoi, Quang Binh)

- Starting line: Dong Hoi Old Castle

- Route info: Go to monument of the most famous woman in Quang Binh (Me Suot - Mother Suot Monument)

- Route info: Perform a traditional song (Hò Khoan Lệ Thủy). They must get the number and do it in order. If they fail, they must wait for other teams.
(This song uses many local words)

(During this task, they show conflict of Pink team, between Tien Dat and Hari about 6, 7 minutes. It makes me boring)

- Route info: Go to Heaven Cave (Động Thiên Đường), count number of the steps of the marked wooden stairway.

- Roadblock: Who love cleaning?
+ Go to a given address
+ One member need to make a broom

- Route info: Go to Coco coffee house to receive a gift, then they should give the gift to a mother whose sons died in the war for protect the country - Mother Ha Thi Vien.

- Pit Stop: Sun Spa Resort, Dong Hoi

This is Keep on racing leg. (But they do not keep on racing. They will stay in the resort for a night and race next morning)

1. Tiến Đạt - Hari
2. Thu Hiền - Lâm Anh
3. Thùy Dung - Đức Hưng
4. Phúc Vinh - Linh Chi (They came in second but they forgot the Roadblock clue when doing Roadblock. They should come back to find it so that they're in forth place)
5. Linh Sơn - Đoàn Mạnh (Non-eliminated, they got 30 minutes penalty for using pen and paper when counting the step of the stairway. Their penalty will start from the beginning of next leg)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 11:38:33 AM by paradoxinee »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2013, 12:23:19 PM »
Leg 8: Phong Nha National Park - Quảng Bình

- Starting point: Ho Chi Minh Highway, Km 35

- Route Info: Go through the forest (about 7km) to Doong Village (Bản Đoòng).

- Detour: Learn or Work
+ Learn: Teach a local child to write a poem clearly without any mistake
+ Work: Go to the nearby spring, bring the water back to village and water plants in marked area.

- Route info: Go to Hang Én (En Cave) to find the next clue

- U-turn board: En Cave
+ Thùy Dung - Đức Hưng got U-turned by Tiến Đạt - Hari

- Roadblock: Who love to eat fish?
+ One member need to eat a bowl of rice and three different fish dishes (One of them is a raw fish). (They might be food local people use to eat when they go to forest)

- Route info: Make a tent
+ Go throught the forest, along Rào Thương spring
+ Try to make a tent as sample
+ Make a fire and then boil 5 litres of water
+ They will stay over night in their tents and continue to race next morning in the order they finish the task.

Mid-leg position:
1. Thu Hiền - Lâm Anh
2. Tiến Đạt - Hari
3. Linh Chi - Phúc Vinh
4. Linh Sơn - Đoàn Mạnh
5. Thùy Dung - Đức Hưng

- Route info: Spider web matrix
+ Find a way to entrance of Son Doong Cave (about 2 hours walking). Son Doong is the biggest cave in the world where not many people can explore up to now.
+ Escape a spider web matrix without touching the ropes or making wind chimes sound

- Route info: With the help from Howard Limberb - Cave expert, teams go down into the cave (about 70m depth), find a clue, give it to a local person, Mr. Ho Khanh. Mr. Ho Khanh is the first person who discovered this cave.

- Pit stop: En Cave entrance.

1. Thu Hiền - Lâm Anh
2. Tiến Đạt - Hari
3. Linh Chi - Phúc Vinh
4. Thùy Dung - Đức Hưng
5. Linh Sơn - Đoàn Mạnh (Eliminated)

Next leg: Singapore (This is the first time TARVN goes abroad)

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2013, 01:18:18 PM »
Yay, TAR Vietnam goes to Singapore!!!
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2013, 03:04:45 AM »
Some tasks in Singapore:
- Make one kind of Singapore traditional food
- Flight simulation (maybe same as TAR US 19)
- Try to be a astronaut (flying in no gravity space)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2013, 12:29:07 PM »
Leg 9: Singapore

- Starting line: Changi Airport

- Route info: Go to Merlion park to find the next clue

- Route info: Go to Days Hotel in Zhongsan Park, they should make a room exactly the same as the shown room. After that, they will stay in the room and start to race next morning. (of course, they start the race in the same order they finish this task)

- Roadblock 1: Who want to be a pilot?
+ Perform a flight simulation

- Route info: Go to Food Republic, Vivo city, find a food stand, they should make a kind of cakes, 10 cakes per each member in 5 minutes

- Roadblock 2: Who love wind?
+ Go to iFly Singapore in Sentosa Island
+ They learn an indoor parachute performance.

Note: One persone can do both roadblocks. 

- Route info: Go to Clarke Quay
+ First task: Perform Reverse Bungee
+ Second task: After finish first task, they should try to thread 10 needles in 3 minutes. (However, if they fail the second task, they don't need to do the first task again, just wait some minutes and start again).

- Pit Stop: Gardens by the bay

NEL

1. Thu Hiền - Lâm Anh
2. Tiến Đạt - Hari
3. Thùy Dung - Đức Hưng
4. Linh Chi - Phúc Vinh (Next leg, they will have no money)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2013, 09:39:29 PM »
I was actually a bit amused by Leg 8, so hopefully Leg 9 would be just as fun to watch.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2013, 12:34:31 PM »
Leg 10: Cát Bà - Hải Phòng

- Starting point: Bến Bèo, Cát Bà, Hải Phòng

- Fast Forward: Head Shaving and Ball Heading
+ Go to Fast Forward site, find the scissors, hair razor by their own, then shave their head by theirselves
+ After shaving head, they go to the beach, try to heading the soccer ball 5 times without dropping the ball. Distance between them is no less than 3 meters.

- Route info: Find the clue under the sand
+ Go to Prince 2 Beach (Bãi Hoàng Tử 2)
+ There are 60 sand castles. They must find the clue under them (or nearby area). If no clue, they must remake the castle before continuing.
(This one is the same as the second roadblock, Leg 1, TAR US 22 but there are only 60 castles. The clues are deeper under the sand but they can use the shovel)

- Route info:
+ Using kayak to go to Prince 1 Beach (Bãi Hoàng tử 1)
+ There are five boats, each boat has a combination of three color boards. One member will fly up with Parachute-pulled canoe to see and remember all the combination in 90 seconds. The other member use the kayak to go to the destination and wait for their partner.
+ If they reassemble the correct combination, they receive the next clue
(Note: They can take note so no memory challenge at all)

- Route info:
+ Using kayak to go back to Prince 1 Beach
+ Swimming into the sea, try to climb up two floating platforms.
+ After each member stays in one platform, one member need to take three full-body photos of other member.
+ If finishing the task under 10 minutes, they receive next clue

- Roadblock: Who like to collect eggs
+ One member should climb up the mountain, collect all eggs and soda bottles (because of sponsor company lol) as required.

- Pit stop: Monkey Island (Again, no Detour)

NEL

1. Linh Chi - Phúc Vinh (Use FF)
2. Thu Hiền - Lâm Anh
3. Thùy Dung - Đức Hưng
4. Tiến Đạt - Hari (Non-eliminated. Next leg they get 30 minutes penalty from the start of the leg)

Next leg: Hà Giang (The northernmost province in Vietnam)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Vietnam 2--ReCaps are here!!
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2013, 01:15:41 PM »
Wait, I just remembered that Linh Chi & Nhan Phúc Vinh won the Express Pass in the first leg. I can't think of them skipping a task though. Did they ever say anything about it?

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »
Wait, I just remembered that Linh Chi & Nhan Phúc Vinh won the Express Pass in the first leg. I can't think of them skipping a task though. Did they ever say anything about it?

They have not use it yet but they might use it next leg. Next leg is the last chance for them to use the Express Pass.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »
Wait they could use the EP until that leg?! wtf <///3

Anyways, thanks for the recaps! :D

ETA: I am very pissed that they're recycling the color-code task from TARPh/Velyki.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 07:23:39 AM by Ray! »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2013, 08:51:04 AM »
Wait they could use the EP until that leg?! wtf <///3

Anyways, thanks for the recaps! :D

ETA: I am very pissed that they're recycling the color-code task from TARPh/Velyki.

That's what I heard. The final leg is the only leg Express Pass can not be used. This season, the rule is somehow easier than before. Maybe because of Celebrity Edition.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2013, 06:16:38 PM »
Are you sure Hari & Tien Dat get a 30 minute penalty at the START of the next leg, and not at the end if they don't arrive first? (Asking 'cus I'm building wiki pages)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2013, 01:44:50 PM »
Are you sure Hari & Tien Dat get a 30 minute penalty at the START of the next leg, and not at the end if they don't arrive first? (Asking 'cus I'm building wiki pages)

Definitely, Start of the leg.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2013, 01:54:58 PM »

You build Realityfan Wiki, right? I check and realize some mistakes:
- Leg 2, S. T and Hùng Phong initially arrived at 8th, not 7th
- About Roadblock, Đức Hưng did 6 (leg 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10) and Thuỳ Dung did 5 (leg 1, 2, 3, 9x2)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2013, 10:46:16 AM »
I will do the recap for leg 11 when I have my laptop back.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2013, 06:33:12 PM »
Which one is the male? Đức Hưng or Thuỳ Dung?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2013, 06:38:52 PM »
Which one is the male? Đức Hưng or Thuỳ Dung?

Đức Hưng is the male

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2013, 01:37:08 AM »
Um...call me crazy, but do we even SEE TD & ĐH doing the Roadblock on Leg 3? I just re-watched the episode from the point they completed the blindfolded beach challenge and got all the way to Kim Lee & Pharreal doing the Roadblock.

If you know, could you tell me the time when we see them at the Roadblock?

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2013, 03:33:52 AM »
Um...call me crazy, but do we even SEE TD & ĐH doing the Roadblock on Leg 3? I just re-watched the episode from the point they completed the blindfolded beach challenge and got all the way to Kim Lee & Pharreal doing the Roadblock.

If you know, could you tell me the time when we see them at the Roadblock?

No, they were not shown to complete that Roadblock. I did not see them do it, too. But Duc Hung told me that Dung did it.