Author Topic: Junior Masterchef US  (Read 15004 times)

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
Junior Masterchef US
« on: May 18, 2013, 07:42:38 AM »
FOX FALL 2013-2014 SCHEDULE
(New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET/PT)

FRIDAY
8-9 PM JUNIOR MASTERCHEF (wt) (fall)

Junior MasterChef will air on Fridays at 8/7c, beginning in Fall 2013

MasterChef, Hell’s Kitchen renewed, Junior MasterChef ordered
FOX just can’t get enough of Gordon Ramsay. They’ve renewed MasterChef for two more seasons, through season six (season four starts May 22nd). They’ve also picked up Hell’s Kitchen through season 13 (season 11 is currently airing).

If that wasn’t enough, they’ve also ordered a tween spin-off called Junior MasterChef for 2013-14.

Here’s the press release with all of the Ramsay network details:

FOX ORDERS NEW SERIES “JUNIOR MASTERCHEF,” AS PART OF NEW MULTI-YEAR DEAL WITH WORLD-RENOWNED CHEF GORDON RAMSAY

JUNIOR MASTERCHEF Set To Start Cooking During 2013-2014 Season

FOX Renews Hit Cooking Competition Series HELL’S KITCHEN and MASTERCHEF for Additional Season Orders

FOX has picked up JUNIOR MASTERCHEF, a new culinary competition series for talented kids between the ages of eight and 13 who love to cook, as part of a new multi-year deal with award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay, it was announced today by Mike Darnell, President of Alternative Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

As part of Ramsay’s new deal, FOX also has picked up one additional season of HELL’S KITCHEN and two more seasons of MASTERCHEF. The deal will extend HELL’S KITCHEN to a 13th season and bring MASTERCHEF to a fifth and sixth season. The addition of JUNIOR MASTERCHEF brings the total number of Ramsay-led shows airing on FOX to five, including MASTERCHEF, HELL’S KITCHEN, HOTEL HELL and KITCHEN NIGHTMARES.

“Gordon brings an incredible level of energy and passion to each of his series that our viewers absolutely love, so we are thrilled that he will continue building his brand here on FOX,” said Darnell. “He’s a global superstar, and the success and longevity of his unprecedented five series on our network proves that America just can’t get enough of Gordon.”

“We have such great teams and partners on these shows, and I’m really excited we’re able to offer this new opportunity to young budding chefs across the country with JUNIOR MASTERCHEF,” added Ramsay. “Having my own children who love to cook, I know firsthand the skill and passion these kids can have at such a young age, and what they can do with it. It’s just extraordinary to watch them in action.”

JUNIOR MASTERCHEF is based on the hugely successful U.K. format and extends the MASTERCHEF brand in the U.S. to include a younger group of aspiring masterchefs. Produced by Shine America and One Potato Two Potato, JUNIOR MASTERCHEF will give budding cooks the exciting opportunity to showcase their talent, culinary smarts and passion for food through a series of delicious challenges and cook-offs. Similar to MASTERCHEF, Ramsay will be joined by restaurateur and winemaker Joe Bastianich (Del Posto, Eataly) and acclaimed chef Graham Elliot (Graham Elliot, Graham Elliot Bistro) on the JUNIOR MASTERCHEF judging panel. Together, the celebrated food experts will coach and encourage the promising hopefuls to cook like a pro and teach them the tricks of the trade along the way.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/masterchef-hells-kitchen-renewed-junior-masterchef-ordered-28282/

Gordon Ramsay expands Fox empire with ‘Junior Masterchef’; pal Graham Elliot plans L.V. outpost

Fiery celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay admits that he was reduced to tears as he wrapped filming on his new TV series “Junior Masterchef” that brings him to a total of five shows airing on Fox. “Junior Masterchef” is a spinoff of his summer series “Masterchef” that has been renewed for two more seasons.
Gordon received the good news while attending the 2013 Vegas Uncork’d Grand Tasting at Caesars Palace and checking in at his three Las Vegas restaurants at Caesars Palace (Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill), Planet Hollywood (Gordon Ramsay BurGR) and the Paris (Gordon Ramsay Steak).
He also hosted a Master Series Dinner last Thursday and a Sunday traditional British roast beef luncheon, both at Caesars. Additionally, “Hell’s Kitchen,” now in its 11th season, also was renewed for two years. “Much to celebrate,” Gordon told me in an exclusive interview at Garden of the Gods pool at Caesars.
“I’m proudest of all, though, with ‘Junior Masterchef.’ It is going to change the way America looks at food and children. It will change the way children in America eat. It will encourage children to learn to become chefs at home and maybe as a future career. It was the most amazing experience of my life.”
Children ages 8 through 13 were mentored by Gordon and his two judges, restaurateur Joe Bastianich and Chicago chef Graham Elliot, who is planning to open a Las Vegas restaurant before year’s end. Joe is Mario Batali’s partner in three restaurants at The Venetian and Palazzo.
2013 Vegas Uncork'd: Grand Tasting at Caesars
Launch slideshow »
Gordon continued: “I’m really excited we’re able to offer this new opportunity to young budding chefs. Having my own children who love to cook, I know firsthand the skill and passion these kids can have at such a young age and what they can do with it. It was extraordinary to watch them in action. We had amazing kids.”
Graham told me: “We were all in tears while filming the final episode. We were incredibly amazed by the kids’ talents, determination and dedication. It’s an elimination show, but done differently each week so the children aren’t upset about not moving forward.”
Gordon told me: “Filming the final episode moved us more emotionally than the children. We took a one-star Michelin restaurant in Los Angeles, but never told the customers that one night that kids would be in the kitchen cooking the identical menu the regular staff would have prepared.
“The kids did everything from start to finish. The diners never had a clue. At the end of service, I appeared and asked the customers to meet the kitchen brigade. In walked all the kids. No adults. People’s jaws dropped. They began applauding. Then a standing ovation, and then tears. Nobody including us could believe the kids had done it all and maintained the incredibly high standard. What a crowning moment for television. Such a fantastic achievement.”
“Junior Masterchef” will air on Fox on Fridays at 8 p.m. starting this fall, according to today’s official schedule announcement in the New York upfronts to advertisers from Mike Darnell, Fox’s alternative programming president. “Kitchen Nightmares” and “Hotel Hell” were renewed earlier.
“Gordon just brings an incredible level of energy and passion to each of his series, and our viewers absolutely love them. We are thrilled to continue building his brand here on Fox. He’s a global superstar, and the success and longevity of his unprecedented series on our network proves that America just can’t get enough of him.”
Chicago chef Graham Elliot Bowles, 36, has won raves for his two outposts in the Windy City: Grahamwich and the Graham Elliot bistronomic restaurant, which received two Michelin stars and three Chicago Tribune stars. A Navy brat who has traveled the world, his menus are described as “imaginative new American fare.” He’s proud of the fact that he started out as a dishwasher and a bus boy. Food & Wine Magazine named him one of America’s 10 Best New Chefs in 2004.
Graham, nominated three times for James Beard Awards for best chef, has worked with best pal Gordon on “Masterchef.” He told me that he’ll bring his “inside-out, molecular styled” cooking to Las Vegas within a year. But he’s silent for now at which hotel — “but we’ll be on the Strip,” he promised.

Read more: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/may/13/gordon-ramsay-expands-fox-empire-junior-masterchef/#ixzz2TeD9ZopI

Gordon Ramsay's Junior MasterChef, more Hell's Kitchen ordered by Fox

It has also renewed Hell's Kitchen for a 13th season and MasterChef for a fifth and sixth season.

Ramsay said of the new series: "We have such great teams and partners on these shows, and I'm really excited we're able to offer this new opportunity to young budding chefs across the country with Junior MasterChef.

"Having my own children who love to cook, I know first-hand the skill and passion these kids can have at such a young age, and what they can do with it. It's just extraordinary to watch them in action."

Joe Bastianich and Graham Elliot will also be judges on the show, which is set to feature in the network's 2013-2014 season.

Fox's alternative chief Mike Darnell said: "Gordon brings an incredible level of energy and passion to each of his series that our viewers absolutely love, so we are thrilled that he will continue building his brand here on Fox.

"He's a global superstar, and the success and longevity of his unprecedented five series on our network proves that America just can't get enough of Gordon."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s139/masterchef-usa/news/a480575/gordon-ramsays-junior-masterchef-more-hells-kitchen-ordered-by-fox.html#ixzz2TeDL0dPx
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

I can't wait to watch!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Junior Masterchef US
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 06:23:54 PM »
I wish I could have caught up sooner so I could post about this series. I found it delightful. The kids were wonderful and how they could find ways to use the secret ingredients was amazing. I loved them all, especially little Sarah who was 8 and nearly made it to the finals.

I hope they renew this and we get to see more brilliant kids who can cook! REALLY cook!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.