Author Topic: Great Examples Of The Amazing Race Strategy  (Read 3468 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Great Examples Of The Amazing Race Strategy
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2013, 05:44:19 AM »
I have been thinking about race strategy lately as well.

Even though it isn't a game changing strategy, I like the idea of hiding all maps of the destination country in the airport gift shops.

Is there a race strategy that you would like to see used that you have not seen before?

Sure hide it pal, any team can just go on a computer and download it off Google... :funny:

That Brent and Holly move <3 such lols :lol:

I think the handy maps > google maps especially when you are always on the move and there are no internet connection in the place.

Race strategy? I'd like to reserve my thoughts. I hope one day I can use them. My chances in joining a TAR is not high so yeah I'm going to float this idea (original? I haven't seen a move like this) so that others use this and we get entertained :lol: (Okay example: In a route information, I'm going to pay a local to mislead other teams to go to another place instead. Imagine this in Wenchang Ge S14. I'm going to pay a lady then she stands in front of location then say that Wenchang Ge is on the other side of the road <3)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #BestSeasonsinceTAR14
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2013, 06:08:33 AM »
Cocoa <3 OMG. That will be epic funny.
We are all misfits living in a world on fire.

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 06:35:09 AM »
Race strategy? I'd like to reserve my thoughts. I hope one day I can use them. My chances in joining a TAR is not high so yeah I'm going to float this idea (original? I haven't seen a move like this) so that others use this and we get entertained :lol: (Okay example: In a route information, I'm going to pay a local to mislead other teams to go to another place instead. Imagine this in Wenchang Ge S14. I'm going to pay a lady then she stands in front of location then say that Wenchang Ge is on the other side of the road <3)
I love this idea and will definitely do it if I am ever lucky enough for be chosen to race!

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2013, 09:37:36 AM »

That is so devious, I love it.  :lol: Of course, if the lady ends up actually going through with it  :lol:

I sort of miss the Intersection. With each twist comes a set of strategies, and I am wondering what strategies revolve around the Intersection and what possible strategies would be concocted if an Intersection were placed this season or one of the other recent ones.  ???
TARCW: Beast Boy 1 & Raven 1 (Leg 2*13G29S5C*Avatar: The Last Airbender*1st!)
TARJ: Heidi 5 & Vincent 3 (Leg8*2,604PHP+$1*Davao,Philippines*2nd!)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2013, 12:08:45 AM »
I have been thinking about race strategy lately as well.

Even though it isn't a game changing strategy, I like the idea of hiding all maps of the destination country in the airport gift shops.

Is there a race strategy that you would like to see used that you have not seen before?

Sure hide it pal, any team can just go on a computer and download it off Google... :funny:

That Brent and Holly move <3 such lols :lol:

I think the handy maps > google maps especially when you are always on the move and there are no internet connection in the place.

Printing it off? I'm sure internet cafes let u print stuff, and it should be that expensive.

I think your strategy might lead to penalties though...

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • For the winners go to spoil!
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2013, 09:26:56 AM »
Wrestling the race away from luck's hands is a good strategy.

You could do it like Leo/Jamal and try to drag a less competent team onto your better (but risky) flight, but of course do it with more tack. Or you could convince everyone to rebel and quit a luck-based task so you win or lose based on your own merits, like the sandcastle task in Bora Bora.

Frankly I've got a few dozen tricks up my sleeve just based on spoiling experience, but I'm saving them for when I actually get on the race. :)
Found out that Neobie in Chinese means "f*king awesome"! No, really. Look it up!

Offline Genius

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2013, 10:57:48 AM »
Not a strategy on the part of the racers, but the decision by the cab drivers in Panama (TAR19) to work together gave us the best possible ending to that leg!  :funny: :funny:

Custom Search