Author Topic: Whodunnit?  (Read 17393 times)

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
Whodunnit?
« on: May 17, 2013, 05:04:36 AM »
Get the Scoop: Whodunnit?

Anthony E. Zuiker, creator of the CSI franchise, brings the world of murder and intrigue to his first primetime reality series, Whodunnit?, airing in nine episodes this summer on the ABC Television Network. Cris Abrego partners with Zuiker for the new series.

Whodunnit? puts 13 contestants’ investigative skills to the test in a riveting mystery reality competition. Players will use a variety of crime scene investigation techniques to meticulously uncover evidence in a series of puzzling murders and to ultimately reveal who among them is the killer. Some players will form alliances in the competition, while others will choose to go it alone in their quest for the grand prize of $250,000. The contestants will reside on a glamorous estate called Rue Manor with a steward, Butler Giles (Gildart Jackson), and each week must solve a new crime in order to advance in the game. Failure to solve the crime will lead to a player’s demise, until only three are left. In the final episode, one player will unmask the killer and take home the $250,000 prize.

Whodunnit? is produced by Dare to Pass and 51 Minds. Anthony E. Zuiker and Cris Abrego are executive producers. Matt Weinberg, president of Dare to Pass, also serves as producer.

Anthony E. Zuiker is the creator of television's hugely successful "CSI" franchise, which includesCSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami and CSI: New York. He also serves as executive producer alongside Whit Anderson on Wonderland, a new drama pilot currently in production. Zuiker's production company, Dare to Pass, has a three-year first-look deal with ABC Studios to develop new scripted series in partnership with Brillstein Entertainment Partners.

Zuiker is also credited as one of the most groundbreaking cross-platform storytellers today. He created and executive-produced Cybergeddon, the digital blockbuster for Yahoo! which launched in September of 2012 as a series of installments that rolled out sequentially over three days in 25 different countries and in 10 different languages. He also pioneered the "Digi-novel" genre as author of the Level 26 series, published by Dutton/Penguin Group.

Cris Abrego is a name that is synonymous when referencing reality television. He formed his own production company, 51 Minds, where he created and served as executive producer onNext Action Star with producing partner Joel Silver. Abrego created and executive-producedThe Surreal Life, which in its third season made a move to cable and became the cornerstone of the network's Celebreality programming block, which included Flavor of Love and Rock of Love.

Abrego has produced more than 11 different franchise series, including T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle, La La's Full Court Life and CMT's Top Secret Recipe.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/news/get-the-scoop

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:09:47 AM by LoveRocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Whodunnit?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 05:07:38 AM »
So it's The Mole with a twist?

Interesting!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 05:09:50 AM »
The 13 Guests Are:

Adrianna, 40, an on-air crime reporter from Oklahoma City, OK

Cris, 27, a business manager from Costa Mesa, CA

Dana, 39, a cardiac registered nurse from Asheville, NC

Don, 62, a P.I./former homicide detective from Santa Clarita, CA

Dontae, 27, a marine insurance investigator from Long Beach, CA

Geno, 33, a quiz master at bar trivia from Chicago, IL

Kam, 30, an attorney for the Department of Homeland Security from New York, NY

Lindsey, 27, a senior engineer from Boston, MA

Melina, 29, a flight attendant from Chicago, IL

Ronnie, 42, a private detective/bounty hunter from Kenilworth, NJ

Sasha, 28, a journalist from Washington, DC

Sheri, 28, a bartender and former NFL cheerleader from Los Angeles, CA

Ulysses, 30, an attorney from Mechanicsburg, PA

“Whodunnit?” is produced by Dare to Pass and 51 Minds. Anthony E. Zuiker (“CSI”) and Cris Abrego (“Rock of Love”) are executive producers. Matt Weinberg, president of Dare to Pass, also serves as producer.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:14:57 AM by LoveRocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 05:13:32 AM »
So it's The Mole with a twist?

Interesting!

Maybe, but I'm not sure. It's more interesting here.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 05:50:22 AM »
ABC’s Whodunnit? = The Mole + Clue + Murder in Small Town X

ABC will air a new series this summer that sounds very much like The Mole combined with Fox’s Murder in Small Town X, though CSI and the board game Clue are cited as inspirations for Whodunnit?.

There will be a $250,000 prize and nine episodes, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The series is from CSI creator Anthony Zuiker and is produced by 51 Minds’ Cris Abrego, perhaps best known for producing the string of VH1 series that surrounded Flavor of Love, though he also produced Cannonball Run 2001 and MTV’s Fear, which were both surprising and inventive.

Vulture’s Joe Adalian said he has “been assured it is NOT Mole 3.0,” but here’s how his piece describes it:

“Sherlocks live together in a luxury mansion and attempt to discover who among them is a ‘murderer.’ One player gets knocked off each week; the remaining contestants will use CSI tools to try to figure out how the faux slaying took place.”
That is totally The Mole’s core structure: one person, presumably working with producers, with others trying to figure it out who it is. And it is also a stripped down version of Murder in Small Town X, which was over-complicated for no reason. I do like the Clue-ish twists, and the use of tools to search for clues, but there is a danger that it could become The Great Escape in the sense that the contestants are just following dumb step by step directions instead of truly investigating on their own. That’ll be tough to pull off but amazing if it’s done well.

However, I don’t want the new to be The Mole, as much as I adored the first two seasons of that show, because the 2008 version was terrible. There is definitely room for a smart, artfully filmed, mind-bending competition series, though.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/whodunnit/2013_Feb_06_announcement

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 05:58:26 AM »
Although, LR, The Mole is awesome. Especially the current Australian one. :)