Author Topic: S 28 and Beyond  (Read 6169 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S 28 and Beyond
« on: May 15, 2013, 10:01:57 PM »
This thread is for documented info and/or strong rumours for S28.

This is NOT a wishlist thread!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: S 28 and Beyond
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 11:48:35 AM »
I have read that it's gonna be a newbie season. ;) Probably no returnees, but that's not yet for sure, as they have found around 10 people from the cast so far.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:43:51 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 11:35:24 PM »
29 and 30 were supposed to film in Palau! But they might not anymore.

Shooting Survivor in Palau uncertain

Producers of the hit US television show Survivor might have to reconsider where they film the 2014 series after a disagreement with local government officials in the Pacific nation of Palau.

Palau's president wants the series, but the governor of Koror State says that closing Rock Islands beaches for up to four months for filming will affect tourism.

Local journalist Bernadette Carreon has told Pacific Beat negotiations between the producers and Koror State officials are not going well.

"The producer wanted to close several areas of the Rock Islands for exclusive filming and the governor of Koror State it appears he is not supportive of the filming because he says that it will not give Palau the worldwide exposure it needs," she said.

Ms Carreon says there are many beaches designated as tourist activity areas and the governor is concerned that closing them for filming for up to four months as requested by the producers will affect tourism.

She says the final decision on whether to allow producers to film rests with local authorities, not the president.

"The President of Palau is the one who's supportive of the project and has asked the Koror State governor if they need anything on the national level they would help them," she said.

"But it is the Koror State who is taking care of the Rock Islands, so they're the one that's going to make a decision whether they're going to close it or not."

Sourcehttp://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-05/an-palau-survivor/4937132

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 07:47:13 AM »
Survivor is renewed for S29 and 30!!

That was fast :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 08:18:15 AM »

CBS ORDERS 29th AND 30th EDITIONS OF "SURVIVOR" FOR THE 2014-2015 SEASON

Jeff Probst Signs New Agreement to Return as Host/Executive Producer

After 27 Cycles, the Series Continues to Outlast the Competition, Consistently Winning Its Time Period in All Key Ratings Measures and Ranking as the #2 Reality Series in Adults 18-49 on Broadcast Television

CBS has ordered two more editions of SURVIVOR to be broadcast during the 2014-2015 season.  These will mark the 29th and 30th editions of television's longest running hit reality competition series.

Five-time Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst has signed a new agreement to return as host and executive producer.  Probst has hosted SURVIVOR since its inception in May 2000.

After 27 seasons, 413 episodes and 406 castaways, SURVIVOR remains a gold standard of quality in television and a consistent ratings winner.     

The most recent edition, SURVIVOR: BLOOD VS. WATER, delivered one of the most buzzed about installments in the history of the series as former players competed alongside their relatives for the title of Sole Survivor.  The finale of SURVIVOR: BLOOD VS. WATER airs Sunday Dec. 15 (8:00-10:00PM ET/PT), followed by the one-hour live reunion show hosted by Jeff Probst, (10:00-11:00PM ET/PT).

Currently in its third year, SURVIVOR wins its Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM) time period in all key ratings measures, averaging 11.29 million viewers, 3.1/09 in adults 18-49 and 4.1/11 in adults 25-54. It ranks as the #2 reality series on broadcast television in adults 18-49.

SURVIVOR became an instant phenomenon following its debut in May 2000 with ratings for its finale that summer exceeded only by the Super Bowl.  The show's 10-year-run beginning in February 2001, helped ignite a rating renaissance for CBS on Thursday that eventually ended NBC's 20 years of ratings dominance on the night.

"We are thrilled to announce this landmark renewal for SURVIVOR, a groundbreaking show that changed the TV landscape and helped usher in a new era of ratings dominance for the Network," said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment.  "SURVIVOR continues to set the bar for outstanding production values, compelling storytelling while delivering fresh new adventures every season.  The show’s enduring success is a testament to the creativity and passion of Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst, and an amazing production team. We're proud to continue this incredible journey together."

"I am thrilled that our fans get to continue their love affair with SURVIVOR on CBS through 2015," said Executive Producer Mark Burnett. "This current season has become one of the most-loved seasons ever and I promise our fans to make season 29 and 30 even better... I LOVE SURVIVOR!!!"

"SURVIVOR has been blessed with incredibly loyal fans,” said Host and Executive Producer Jeff Probst.  "We make this show for them and I am thrilled that we get to do it again."

The groundbreaking reality series won an Emmy Award in 2001 in the category of "Outstanding Non-Fiction Program" (Special Class).  Jeff Probst is a four-time Emmy Award winner in the category of "Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality Competition Series."

SURVIVOR is hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst and produced by SEG, Inc.  Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst are executive producers.

view photos from all 27 seasons of SURVIVOR: www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1000722/survivor-400th-episode-celebration/43135/

Photos are available at www.cbspressexpress.com

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=37599
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 10:48:09 AM »
Sounds great! :cmas9 :cmas23
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 12:08:40 PM »
Wasn't sure where to post this, but thanks to Mike Skupin, and based off of someone else who said he or she heard word of...

The season finale for Survivor 28 will return to weekdays (thanks to the Olympics)!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 12:11:57 PM »
Not so sure about the "and beyond", but this season should be on a Wednesday. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule: