Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion (The Amazing Race Israel) Season 3: HaRecaps (The Recaps)  (Read 50943 times)

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
  • you are my destiny//jai ho जय हो
 :hello2:

The season's near

It's almost here

da da da da

deep in the heart of Texas,

Color commentary

It will be legendary

da da da da

deep in the heart of Texas.

:keeta:

Namaste and shalom, y'all. This is DJ Jai Ho comin' to you live from the Lone Star State. HMLM 3 is nigh, and you've reached the top spot for recaps. Last season, kinda fell off the wagon, much like I do with every single diet I've tried :( but I finished my master's, it's summer (which means time to stay inside because it's hot out there) and I can't find a summer job, so recaps, thy will be done. To the best of my ability. I hope that this year will mean a better Reshet website (yeah right) with easier access to the episodes for us Americans, and oh yeah, maybe FEWER EPISODES with less filler. I love filler, but let's get real...this time, in order to accomplish my goals, I'm going to try my best to skim over stuff that is not germane to the action so it won't take me five hours to write each recap like last time.

But anyway, we've got some kick-ass teams and exciting locations to look forward to, so pull up a chair, get out your hummus, and pop open a cold Goldstar, and get ready for Saturday night (or whenever Reshet chooses to upload the ep to their website). And of course, head on over here to read, chat, praise and bitch about HMLM 3.0.

Oh, and be a dear and watch the promos on YouTube or Reshet. They are probably the most epic TAR promos ever, of any franchise. Remember how TAR US promoted All Stars with... "Drops of Jupiter"? This is the complete opposite of that.
TAR. USA/Israel.

aishwarya rai :: nicole scherzinger :: ke$ha :: leila lopes :: rosanne cash :: des'ree :: carly simon :: leymah gbowee :: mary j blige :: kathy najimy :: annie lennox :: angelique kidjo :: dolly parton :: temple grandin :: sheila e :: lena :: ellen degeneres :: shirley manson

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
To get us ready for the season, let's meet some of the teams. I know that there have been mucho spoilers so far but I'm going to try to be objective.

Let's Hear It For The Boys: The M/M teams

First up:

Eliran & Itzik

Current Nickname: Team Falafel

Eliran: Lighter skinned guy with the shag.
Itzik: Dark dude with dreads.

The scoop: They are childhood friends from the town of Carmiel but they live in Tel Aviv now. They are featured pretty heavily in the previews, so they must either go far, be awesome, be really annoying, or any and all of the three. Itzik is 28. Eliran is 26. They are surfer dudes who sell falafel. Itzik is older and more mature; Eliran's the little brother. Itzik is single; jury's out on Eliran.

On the race: I think their charisma will suit them well for the race, they're used to standing out in the hot sun for hours so weather and patience are no big deal, and they seem pretty fit. Maybe not the brightest candles in the menorah, but we'll see.

David & Eliran

Current nickname: Blue Collar Boys, maybe? Help...

David: Taller guy (in the pics at least)
Eliran: Shorter guy with more compressed face.

The scoop: Friends from Ashdod, just like Asher/Maor of S1. They are longshoremen who work in the port of Ashdod, hence the construction getup in their pics on the website. David speaks French. The most interesting thing about them is that they have the same height, weight, and shoe size. Really, producers? Absolutely NOTHING else of interest? I'm thinking these guys might be snoozefest city.

On the race: Physical fitness, obvs. They work together doing a job requiring a lot of concentration and communication, so that will help them. They do sound a little socially awkward, but that's to be determined.

Stay tuned more team info tomorrow.
TAR. USA/Israel.

aishwarya rai :: nicole scherzinger :: ke$ha :: leila lopes :: rosanne cash :: des'ree :: carly simon :: leymah gbowee :: mary j blige :: kathy najimy :: annie lennox :: angelique kidjo :: dolly parton :: temple grandin :: sheila e :: lena :: ellen degeneres :: shirley manson

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
 "Maybe not the brightest candles in the menorah, but we'll see."

:lol3: :lol3: Mean, but witty.

Offline Maxine Rama

• RFF Full Member
  • When in doubt, smize!
Haha, I'll be following your recaps and hopefully watching the episodes too.

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
Two days until HMLM/TARI amazingness!

Here's some more teams!

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: The F/F teams

On the distaff side, we start with:

Romi and CoralMichele

Current Nickname: Romi and Michele, RoCo

Romi: Brunette
Coral: Blondie

The scoop: Sisters from Petach Tikva that remind me a lot of Alana and Mel from TARAU2 but hopefully less of a train wreck (Mel is probably the only racer of any franchise that I've watched that I believe is not a good person at all, and the only one I'd never, ever want to meet in person - not that I've met any racer). Romi is 18, making her the youngest to run TAR in standard format in ANY country, so, good for her. Coral, 20 is a law student and ex of Tom Kashty from the last season. The girls reportedly bicker a lot. And yeah Coral, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but from now on your name shall be Michele in homage to one of the greatest movies of all time.

On the race: Bickering sisters have not done well in the past, and except Kisha/Jen, sisters have generally not well at all. Romi seems shy and bookish. Are these sisters going to do it for themselves?

Dana and Debby

Current nickname: D/D, Mom/Daughter, Team Lipstick

Dana: Younger one
Debby: Older one with WAY too much makeup on in her pictures.

The scoop: Extroverted mom and introverted daughter from Jerusalem (hell yea!) and basically the polar opposite of Nancy/Emily. Dana is a club owner, so she must have some social savvy. Debby is a 46 year old real estate agent who doesn't leave the house without lipstick, in contrast to her daughter. Dana dislikes makeup, and if you've seen other pictures of her, I think that she actually does look much better without makeup. I'm expecting a lot of laughs from them.

On the race: I think they're actually a pretty good balance. Both are physically fit and people-persons (people-people?) by the nature of what they do every day. Although Debby appears prissy, I could see her letting her hair down and not fizzling out early like Tal of Tal/Mor last season.

Herut and Yoftut

Current nickname: Girl Scouts, Rooty/Tooty, Rue/Rom

Herut: Bangs
Yoftut: No bangs, making a hand gesture in their profile picture

The scoop: These gal pals from Petach Tikva are 20 years old and are the religious team this time around. Their names sort of rhyme. They are both part of a youth group, as evinced by Yoftut's shirt in the pictures of them. I could imagine them showing up at my door to sell me cookies. Herut, who I think looks like Sara Rue, wants to be an actress. Yoftut (real name is Yael), looks like 90s Disney Channel actress Christy Carlson Romano (Even Stevens FTW!). She comes from a religious family with 10 brothers and sisters, drives a motorcycle, and works at a school. She also looks like she'd fit right in with the Duggars.

On the race: Judging by how many times we see them in the promos (exactly once), don't get your hopes up for these two second bananas. They seem sunny, but also ditzy - probably the definition of lulzy. Their local newspaper did an article about them that spoiled their placement, which I will not mention here. These girls must not have gotten their "keeping secrets" badge.

Ma'Ayan and Batel

Current Nickname: Ma/Ba, Cousins, Persians

Ma'Ayan: Taller, curly hair
Batel: Shorter, stick-straight hair

The scoop: Cousins of Persian descent who have a preference for patterned wrap dresses. I wasn't able to find too much on them. They're from a teeny tiny town in southern Israel that I've never heard of (population 500!), so I guess that makes them just small town girls living in a lonely world. Ma'Ayan is a communications student and works at a convenience store, and Batel is a customer service representative. So maybe they'll annoy the competition and then slow them down with cheap and crappy snacks. Sounds like a winning strategy to me.

On the race: Their relationship seems rather solid and they seem like a whole lot of fun. Coming from a small, laid-back town, I am wondering how they will deal with the "go-go-go" pace of TAR, culture shock and being away from home - I predict that those will be this team's make-it-or-break-it factors.

I started this post on Thursday and now it's Friday. Coincidentally, it's also my college commencement in about 12 hours (lolwut?) so I probably should be in bed or else I'll fall asleep at the ceremony the minute I sit down. I already did that for my first degree, so I'll be trying my best tomorrow to remain conscious the whole time this time. Couples bios and info will come when the excitement dies down, so either tomorrow night or Saturday pre-premiere.

Do you think these chicks have what it takes to be the next Bar and Inna?
TAR. USA/Israel.

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
Tomorrow is TAR-morrow! Are you ready?

Fun Couples: The M/F teams

First at bat:

Talia and Koby

Current nickname: TaKo

The scoop: This clever twosome are newlyweds from Givatayim. Koby is an electrical engineer. Talia has degrees from the University of Chicago, Columbia University, and Kings College London. She also has 2 mutual Facebook friends with me. I'm getting a strong vibe from these two.

On the race: I think they're in it to win it. Smart, in shape, and have travel experience.

Lior and More

Current Nickname: LiMore

The scoop: They are a married couple from Eilat, on the southern tip of Israel.  They have been married almost exactly five years - their anniversary is May 28. These parents of two run a tire shop.

On the race: They are a little older, but not much (28 and 33), but their profile doesn't reveal that much. I don't know what to make of them, but they seem sorta fun.

Shimi and Yasmin

Current Nickname: ShiMin, The Lovers

The scoop: Probably the best looking team this season, looks-wise. Though they could be models, they are not. He's in the restaurant business, she's originally from Ukraine and is in IT. They live in Tel Aviv with Shimi's mother...we might see another Tom-like mama's boy, but for now, hopes are high. They seem SO IN LOVE...will we watch them self-destruct!

On the race: As long as they pick it up and don't rest on their laurels, I think they'll do just fine for themselves.

Liran and Ronit

Current nickname: LiRonit

The scoop: They are besties from Afula. Liran (the boy) is a lawyer originally from Netanya and a bit over-the-top, but in a good way. Ronit (the girl) is originally from Naharia, works in logistics, and apparently has 50,000 Facebook fans. She must be a big deal.

On the race: They seem like the type to prance around and lose focus. I see them being more in it for fame and fun rather than going far and winning. I wouldn't put all my eggs in their basket.

Andrea and Ronney

Current Nickname: Rondrea, Oldsters, Overalls

The scoop: Grandparents who met later in life, a "second chance romance." They live in Jerusalem (J-Town represent!!!) They're the oldest team by far, but what makes them fascinating is their background: neither is a native Israeli! Andrea, who works with disabled children and has a gig at a bridal shop, comes from Oceanside, NY, USA and holds a degree from Emerson College. Ronney is from Johannesburg, South Africa. I do not know what he does, retired perhaps. Their anniversary is also soon (2 years on May 22). I usually find older teams meh but I really, really like these two.

On the race: On paper, they're unstoppable. They have already experienced different kinds of relationships, so they know where they are in life. They're a little long in the tooth but not down for the count. They probably speak WAY better English than anyone on this whole season (or past seasons, TOM AND ADELE), host included, which could really benefit them in, well...most of the world outside Israel. In this situation, however, their competitors seem to be looking to go the distance and these two just might get left in the dust if they can't keep up. They also have silly fashion choices, opting for overalls which I like, but we know that oddly-attired teams can be the butt of jokes and stick out like sore thumbs. I hope they go far and prove that age is not a number.

Okay...late for dinner here and I still need to shower (still sitting in my sweaty cap, gown, and master's hood as I type! hashtag commitment) but I got through all the teams. YAY.

One day more...who's going to be the first out? Who's going to win? Who's going to annoy the hell out of us?
TAR. USA/Israel.

Offline Maxine Rama

• RFF Full Member
  • When in doubt, smize!
Omw the female teams sound fierce, especially bickering sisters and mother/daughter.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thank you SO much!! Looks like fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Is there a cast list with the pics somewhere? I could try to add the pics in if I was sure who was who! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
Is there a cast list with the pics somewhere? I could try to add the pics in if I was sure who was who! :lol:

georgiapeach - go to amazingrace.wikia.com. Someone has kindly uploaded pictures there, albeit using my ****ty initial English translations of the team names. The team names are CORRECT in this thread, according to how the contestants themselves spell their own names on Facebook.
TAR. USA/Israel.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Okay, thanks! Then if you don't mind I'll just add in a the pics into your thread?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
No prob!
TAR. USA/Israel.

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
Good...morning...afternoon...something, everyone. Hope you enjoyed the first episode. Jai Ho was a bad Jai Ho last night and went out partying until all hours to celebrate graduation and woke up just a few hours ago and is a hot mess right now. Also, my bathtub drain is clogged and I can't get a plumber until Monday. Hashtag minor life inconveniences when your sleep schedule is messed up due to your bad life choices and bad luck that always happen at the most inopportune moments.

Recap is coming...when I regain the ability to write coherently (which might be 5 AM Sunday)...

Off to bale out the bathroom. Any love, coffee, real food, etc would be excellent right now.

And if you live in the Houston area and have a working shower/bathtub, and I could come over and use it, that would be nice too.

Derfpl.
TAR. USA/Israel.

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
It's 2:32 AM CST. I thought I was done with all-nighters...apparently not. Here's to you guys...hope this helps your viewing experience! Let me know what you think of this leg, the teams, or the recap by giving me a PM or posting here.

Episode 1: “Peace Out, Girl Scouts”

Port of Haifa! Boats! Baha’i Gardens!

Ron’s at the Port of Haifa. 11 teams competing, blah blah…they’re getting there by TRAIN???? Wow, they’re really going all out for this race.

First out of the gate (literally): Romi and Coral (Michele), sisters from Petach Tikva. Never were there two more different sisters! Romi is “boring” because she reads plays such as Waiting for Judo (lol, silly Coral). She also collects stamps. Coral has lots of nail polish. They do not hate each other, and show their love for each other by going tanning together. Well, Coral tans, as Romi reads The Diary of Anne Frank by the light of the tanning bed. Ah, history.

Next up: Talia and Koby, newlyweds from Givatayim. Zooey Deschanel plays the ukulele as we go through a wedding montage in stop-motion. They do lovey-dovey romantic things. Talia has lots of degrees from American schools – I sure hope her English is up to par. They debate fine art in a coffee shop and ride off on a pink motorcycle. Koby says he can lean on Talia. I sure hope she can support him – she’s so thin she looks like she’s about to fold over. Koby does a Muppet voice and they giggle.

Third: Dana and Debby. Oh boy. Dana calls her mom Debby. Dana interviews that people think Debby’s her sister not her mother. Debby is an independent woman who needs her lipstick. Debby interviews that she keeps Shabbat and kosher, and they can’t stop from cracking up as Dana calls her mom a liar. They work out at a gym and Dana hopes she’ll meet her real mother on the race. That would be an interesting twist, and Dana’s father would have much explaining to do.

Next: Shimi and Yasmin. They are a couple. They play pool together. Shimi comments that he “made” Yasmin, and they have a “magical connection.” Yasmin tries on clothes and Shimi is a bit anal. Hope that won’t become a recurring theme. They bowl in slo-mo to passionate string music as Shimi comments that love softens his heart. Sheesh, just get a laxative! Shimi comments that they fit like a glove. I could make a colonoscopy joke but since this is a family show I will not.

Doing the funky chicken down the aisle, here come Herut and Yoftut, youth-group friends (similar to Girl Scouts) who admit to acting like teenagers. First, Herut must talk about Yoftut’s strange family with their made-up names. They pray in a park. They claim they don’t represent all religious people, as their books magically change to fashion magazines. They do a funny little back and forth about Harel Skaat (Yoftut’s pop star crush) and then, in true Girl Scout fashion, sing into hair straighteners. Now, shift to them dancing at a wedding. Of course they love weddings, even if there is a giant panda bear attacking the bride and groom (?). Being religious, they dance with the other girls, but admit to mingling with guys on their way to the bathroom. Weddings are also their workout of choice, Herut commenting that she loses 4 kilos a week dancing.

Next up: Eliran and Itzik, childhood friends. They are from Carmiel, and cheer about that. Itzik explains that Eliran is his brother since he has only sisters. They sell falafel and inspect the quality of the beach. Of course that means the ladies. Eliran also needs slow down his speech, I have a hard time understanding him. Itzik is electric at making falafel, until Eliran shows up in an unfortunate tank top. They don’t give up with the ladies or in life.

Now, it’s time to meet Andrea and Ronney. Andrea speaks Hebrew with an American accent, and occasionally breaks into English, conveniently for me. If I was on the race, I would do the same, which is why I am not. She is your stereotypical New York Jewish mother and I love that about her. They are grandparents who met and married later in life. They have a really bright green phone. Andrea types on an old-timey typewriter and they tell their love story, he takes photos of her with an old-timey camera, as if they’re actually from the 1920s. Way to make them feel old, show. They run in striped shirts and headbands, doing a “nursing home workout.”

Uh-oh, here come Ronit and Liran. They are wearing a lot of pink. Would it surprise you to learn that they are fag and hag? Not me. They play backgammon, which is the only intelligent thing they do in their whole segment. Liran was Ronit’s birthing coach. They shop and Ronit oohs and aahs over…everything. They go to a medium, who predicts they’ll be besties forever. Moving on!

David and Eliran, friends from Ashdod, are construction workers at a port. They have a dangerous job. And they can’t get no appreciation. When David meets girls, they are unimpressed and ask him what his actual dreams are. Seaworthy music plays as they eat their lunches. They work out shirtless and are boring.

Lior and More, our married parents from Eilat. They are “stuck together.” That’s either really good or really bad thing to say about a relationship. They sing karaoke in their living room with their two cute but uninterested children. Now they play in a ball pit with their children. I could imagine them excelling in the Washington DC final task from last season. They don’t have much else to say.

Finally, Ma Ayan and Batel, who sit Indian style in purple sweats and do a handclap game. They are cousins from a moshav in the South and they are also of Persian descent. Ma’Ayan might be a little too in love with her cousin as she almost crushes her. Ma’Ayan explains what cousins are to those of us who don’t know. Thanks for wasting a few minutes of our lives, Ma’Ayan. Now she drums while Batel dances. Ma’Ayan is the angel and Batel the devil. Ma’Ayan says an assortment of random English words she knows. A person in Seattle is watching this right now and saying “ahhh, it makes sense now…so THAT was the random girl running through Pike Place Market a few months ago yelling “Dog cake fish!” at all the shoppers.

Time for the parade of teams. More rides on Lior’s back, Ronney salutes with a hat.

Bags! Port! Line of teams! Wooo! Let’s go!

But wait…twist time! Only NINE teams will make it out of Israel. WTF, producers? First the dumb train opening and now this? Money must REALLY be tight. Dana is scared. Andrea clarifies “two YOUNG couples.” Oy vey indeed. And they’re off!

First task: Human Chutes and Ladders, where the teams must get their clue from the top of a huge shipping container.

Theme song: Coral rudely pushes her sister. Andrea does a goofy pose with a phone.

Port of Haifa. Teams run. Well, all but Andrea and Ronney, who are doing a speed-walk.

Rip and read. The teams need to choose items wisely to get them to the top – both physical and mental. Actually, a pretty awesome opening task, all things considered.

Port of Haifa. Talia takes the candy cane and mimes  grabbing a rope with it. Correct. Itzik grabs the little key which opens a secret door, containing a stepladder. Correct. Romy and Michele? Arguing over a yoga ball. Romi wonders how a yoga ball can possibly help them climb. Mom and daughter? Doing it itemless. This should end well. Itzik and Eliran, our Falafel boys, are crossing the first bridge.
Aaaaand, here to comment are Liran and Ronit. They think the other teams should just go home and the show should just give them a million for being fabulous.

D/D. Dana’s climbing and Debby’s whining. Talia motivates her partner. Romy and Michele? Still bitching and plotting to block each other on Facebook. No, they actually say that. Deb’s climbing now and complaining about her manicure. Lior is climbing. D/D are stuck at the top. Oops. Falafel, on the other hand, brought the iron ladder and have no trouble at all, as do TaKo and LiRonit. D/D hurry back to the start for the iron ladder. Falafel boys swing and get their stepladder…victory for them as they officially complete the task in first. Now, the clue directs them to Kibbutz En Shemer. Then it’s detour time.

Falafel in the car, Eliran can’t read a map. That’s promising. Back at the port, Talia zips to the finish and her team and LiRonit finish at the same time. Koby, in 2nd, can read a map. They leave as Shimi screams at Yasmin. Construction guys are doing well and cooperating. Yoftut waves a giant toilet plunger at her partner, and says that this’ll look good on her marriage resume. LOL. Grandpa Ronney is now across with Andrea not far behind.

On the road. Falafel boys are literally sitting in the median strip, doing nothing. Totally lost. Eliran gets out and walks into incoming traffic hoping to flag down a truck.

Port of Haifa. Sisters and ShiMin get the clue and leave in fourth/fifth. Shimi hands his partner the map…who promptly rips a huge hole in the map. Back at the task, the cousins are flailing and failing. Debbie and Dana have the hang of it now. David/Eliran and LiMor do the swing, get the clue, leave in sixth and seventh.

On the road. ShiMin and Bickering Sisters are lost. Shimi gets out and asks for direction. Romi is annoyed. Liran/Ronit, on the other hand, arrive at En Shemer in first. Darn.

Detour, En Shemer. The tasks each have to do with a children’s story. In the first, the teams must carry 12 bags with one member on his/her knees, until the conductor turns around a sign. In the second, teams must convince some people to donate their clothes to make a rope to pluck a giant carrot from the ground. So basically, I’m calling them Carrot or Carry. Funny how that worked out.
LiRonit debate which task, then choose Carrot, running and recruiting random people, including an elderly kibbutznik named Chaim who agrees under the condition that they don’t make him late for lunch. TaKo arrive in second at En Shemer and debate the pros and cons for…quite a while. They are still deciding as Romy/Michele, Shimi/Yasmin, and LiMor arrive. TaKo? Still deciding. The lovers pick Carrot, while the sisters opt to carry, as do LiMor. Romi remarks that her sister looks like Gepetto. Coral and Mor are on their knees for their teams. TaKo join the others in Carry.

Port. Rondrea and Girl Scouts are at the rope swing. Andrea jumps on the rope…boom. Ouch. They almost beat D/D to the top but the ladies get there first. They depart in eighth. Debbie immediately checks her makeup. Andrea yells down support to the remaining teams as they get the clue in ninth, and the Girl Scouts in tenth. Ma/Ba? Still bumbling around.
On the road. Girl Scouts seem to know where they’re going. D/D find a friendly driver named Issam to drive them there.

En Shemer. Construction boys arrive and do Carry. Falafel boys arrive in En Shemer, having dropped from first to seventh. Not a good sign. Over at Carrot, LiRonit are collecting clothes, and one girl donates her bra. Ronit yells at lunch guy to take off his underwear. Just let the man eat his lunch, for crying out loud. She gets the underwear and they make a rope.

Carry. Congrats, Romi and Michele, you finished first. Romi rips, and it’s a pit stop: the Roman theatre in Caesarea Maritima. They jet off, with LiMore and LiRonit right behind them. Lior is singing and not paying attention to the road.

Port. The cousins FINALLY get their clue.

En Shemer. D/D arrive thanks to Issam, and choose Carrot. Falafel boys? Totally not understanding the point of the detour. Eventually they choose Carrot and break a bunch of people through a fence and into the kibbutz. Breaking and entering much? Rondrea arrive next and do Carry, with Andrea singing “Old Man River.” Never thought I’d hear a Show Boat reference. TaKo and Construction are done in fourth and fifth and leave.

On the road. Romy and Michele are bickering again. Usual topics.

Pit stop. Who will it be? LiRonit are getting close, as are LiMore. Both arrive. It’s a footrace, and…congrats Married Parents, you are team number one. They are pleasantly surprised. Lior comments that he’s never run like this before. Fag and Hag…team number two. Ronit babbles on and on about Miss Universe and being blonde and having lots of Facebook friends.
En Shemer. Girl Scouts arrive and choose Carrot. They have little luck, unlike D/D. Over at the Carrot field, ShiMin and Falafel finish, and over at Carry, Andrea leads her team to victory. ShiMin and Rondrea hit the road. Falafel boys? Can’t find the cars. They finally do, get in one…and it’s not their car. They bleed a lot of time trying to start it, but alas, it’s still the wrong car. They finally get into the right car and leave.

Caesarea. Romi/Michele, Talia/Kobi, David/Eliran close in, but it’s the sisters who get there quickest, and they are third. Boys are in fourth, and TaKo in fifth.

En Shemer. Cousins finally arrive and fumble at opening the clue box. D/D get their carrot. Cousins picks Carry. Girl Scouts? Getting frustrated with the people who refuse to help them at Carrot.

Caesarea. Rondrea close in, with Falafel and Lovers not far behind. Falafel see Rondrea and realize they need to pick it up. Rondrea limp in, only to be passed by Falafel. Eliran trips his way to the finish line and they arrive first, with Rondrea right behind. Momentary panic, but then they get told that they’re in sixth and seventh. General singing and celebration.

En Shemer. D/D get their carrot. Ma’Ayan and Batel finish as well. Girl Scouts finally gather their people and get their carrot. All three teams depart, with Girl Scouts behind. Cousins and D/D play chicken with the cousins passing the mom/daughter. Elsewhere, Herut is crying her mascara out because she knows they screwed up at the detour and should’ve done Carry.

Caesarea. Mom/Daughter and Cousins close in. The editing makes it seem like the Girl Scouts are close, but it’s clear that the other two teams are there as they are shown running, with Ma’Ayan in the lead. And…the cousins in purple take the lead and hit the mat. They are team number nine, and Batel collapses in a flurry of emotion. They hug Ron. Here come Debbie/Dana. They make small talk with Ron as if they’re already eliminated. They indeed think they are last. Awkward pauses. Crying. Blather. They’re team number 10…but wait! There’s going to be another leg in Israel, so they’re safe for now! Much relief. Ron warns them that if they come in tenth next time, they will not be as lucky.

In walk the Girl Scouts. Yoftut has her brave face on. They know they’re done for, and Ron confirms it. Herut is heartbroken. They are both disappointed and they know it sucks, but they hug anyway. Awww. In their defense, they cooperated well and tried hard on a leg that was pretty much linear with no chance of pulling ahead other than Eliran/Itzik’s massive navigational fails. However, they were solidly in 10th for pretty much the whole leg, and that’s not a good thing. Peace out, Girl Scouts.

Next episode: Still in Israel. More hijinks. Another team will join the Girl Scouts on their Israeli staycation.
----
Who impressed you this leg?
Who didn't?
Who do you like?
Who do you hate?
What do you think of the Girl Scouts?
Who's going home next?
TAR. USA/Israel.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Wow!! That will make understanding so much easier!! Thank you! You really made it come alive!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maxine Rama

• RFF Full Member
  • When in doubt, smize!
Love the recap. I thought this leg was awful, though. I mean, startline task, drive, detour, more driving, pitstop? Umm... Ok then.

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
Presenting Episode 2.

Don't ask me HOW I managed to watch it, it's a matter of national security. That and the fact that I don't know how it happened.

Episode 2: "Chicken Soup for the Clueless."

Previously. Credits.

Beach! Roman Theatre at Caesarea!

LiMor in first – but it’s time for a double battle! They head off to Kibbutz Yakum, in disbelief that they’re in first. Crazy religious guy runs up to their car.

LiRonit, Sisters, and Blue Collar Boys leave. They engage in some boys vs. girls ribbing. Romi and Michele are playing a car game involving singing and of course, bickering.

Kibbutz Yakum. Double battle! It’s hugging in mid-air over a big trampoline. First match up: LiMore and LiRonit. Ronit comments that her grandmother would disapprove, so she’ll call her and tell her that her partner is gay. Ronit’s grandmother groans.

Caesarea. TaKo head out, with Talia commenting on how competitive she is and how lax Kobi is.
On the road: Blue Collar Boys and Romy and Michele both see the signs for Yakum (or as it is spelled on the signs, Yaqum, which sounds like the name of a tribe in Survivor: Guatemala). Boys exit, Romi tells her sister to keep going…whoops a daisy, Romi.

Double battle. LiMore are struggling, and LiRonit are plotting. And the parents fall. LiRonit open the clue, and it’s a doozy. They must go to Tel Aviv and do a nostalgia task that promises to take them back to the 1930s. David/Eliran arrive and hug, not knowing the task ahead of them. LiRonit head out. They must go to HaYarkon 155.

Double battle, construction boys vs. parents. David comments to a smiling Lior that it’s bonding time. And…now there are ducks. WTF, task? The sun goes down, and Lior comments that it’s time to pray afternoon prayers. Mor is crying but it’s clear that they’re both struggling so they drop. David/Eliran open the clue…and they are mystified.

Caesarea. Falafel Boys head out, full of hope that they will improve but apparently not knowing how to control their windshield wipers. Rondrea are right behind them. Andrea comments that they need to calm down. Falafel boys? Lost again, with a broken map.
Shimi/Yasmin are in an even tougher position as Yasmin has completely destroyed their map. She tries to get it together, in more ways than one.

Double battle, couple on couple. Talia strategizes by telling her partner to imagine that they’re in bed. Yowza. Don’t take it too far guys, this is a family show. More engages in a kiss attack on her husband since she has nothing else to do. Kobi is losing balance and Talia is flailing. Unlike More, she falls flat on her ass. Ouch. The next shot shows some pretty bad-ass bruises as she cries. LiMore are thrilled they don’t have to do it again. Blue Collar Boys? Still in the parking lot, clueless.

Caesarea. The final two teams (Cousins and D/D) depart. As they are women, of course they talk about each other. Batel calls them, “Debi and Deba.” It takes her a couple tries. Dana thinks that the Cousins are Arabs; Debby thinks that the Cousins are Bedouins. “But half Arab?” counters her daughter. Cousins talk about how Debby is not like their moms, who live in their pajamas and go to bed early. Hey, you don’t know what Debby wears to bed, ladies.

Kibbutz Yakum. Blue Collar Boys and LiMore are still stumped by the clue. Lior suggests that Herods refers to a hotel in Tel Aviv. The boys are all, “this better be right or we’re in trouble.” That’s a new one. Speaking of Herods, Fag and Hag are there. This is a complicated one. They must find Chana Rubina, and listen to her to find a specific suite, sample a soup, and then find a matching soup. To her credit, Ronit successfully deciphers what the actress says, and identifies the song as one of Natan Alterman, and off they go.

Double battle at sunset, Falafel vs. TaKo. Yum. Itzik tries to get the couple out by talking to them. Talia takes another tough fall, and it’s Falafel in fourth. They are, however, stumped.

Tel Aviv. Both teams arrive and listen to Chana Rubina’s olde Hebrew with a European accent. At the Alterman Suite, here’s Alterman himself, composing a song. They must find Dizengoff, the first mayor of Tel Aviv…and they do, in the Dizengoff suite! Irony? They taste the soup and head off.

Kibbutz Yakum. Here come Romy and Michele, who usually do not hug at home. I am not surprised. Talia and Kobi get their clue and they’re off, with the Falafel boys cluelessly tailing them. Talia calls them “the idiots” and “Max and Moritz.” The hell, Talia? ( I have a feeling that that’s going to be the new “The hell, Fifi?” from last season). The “idiots” are following whom they call “the librarians.” Ooooh, burn. In other news, my apartment is gross. Excuse me while I go swat some flies. Ok, I’m back.

Herods. LiMore and Boys taste the soup. One of the boys calls it Cabernet; the other, pee. They all join LiRonit. Ronit thinks she has it but she doesn’t.

Double battle, Sisters vs. Rondrea. It’s going well at first, but Andrea starts to slip and they are dunzo. They are quite gracious and hug and kiss. Romi notices and, the hopeless romantic she is, admires their love and comments that they’re like sixteen-year-olds. Awww. They get their clue and Romi redeems her earlier mistake by knowing that Herod’s is exactly the place to go.

Tel Aviv. TaKo talk about how smart they are. Falafel boys stop them and ask. Talia tells them to go away. They start asking people on the street, but wait…bye bye, Talia and Kobi, zooming down the road away from the idiots.

Double battle, Rondrea vs. ShiMin. The young couple is obviously in better shape, so the battle’s over pretty quickly.

Tel Aviv. Falafel boys get directions from a local and head to the hotel. Kobi has stopped for some reason and is confused, although they’re right outside the hotel. Both teams get the clue, and Talia immediately knows that Chana Rubina is the first lady of Israeli theatre. The more you know! The boys are mystified (shocker) and Talia is thrilled (shocker). Talia gets the clue immediately, and the boys need a hotel employee to help them.

Double battle, Rondrea vs. D/D. Oh boy, this is a rough one. Debby starts yelling at Ronney to fall, with absolutely no subtlety. To no one’s surprised, they do fall (but Andrea sticks her dismount, so 10 points for her) and crazy Debby kisses a photo of her father, the rabbi. Bet family dinners are awkward for them. To Debby’s credit, however, she quickly figures out the clue and she steers Dana towards Tel Aviv. Back at the kibbutz, Andrea is in tears. They go up against the Cousins, and Ronney gives Andrea permission to drop. Andrea drops, and it’s sad, but the Cousins are very complimentary. Humorous music plays as the girls tear up their car in search of the clue, which is on the windshield. LOL. Batel picks it up and puts it back, having no idea what it is. Ma’Ayan then gets it, reads it, and realizes that it’s not a parking ticket but a clue. They freak out and purple their way into the car and on the road.

Tel Aviv. Falafel boys meet Alterman. No idea. TaKo meets Alterman, and Talia fangirls out and admits it. Next up, Dizengoff for both. Itzik comments that the soup clue is his type of clue, and has been waiting for this clue all day. Plus he’s hungry, and likes soup. In the soup room, they think they have it but they do not. Shimi and Yasmin are at the hotel and are thoroughly freaked out by the Chana Rubina actress lady, complete with horror movie soundtrack. Romy and Michele politely step aside for a nice old lady to exit the elevator before rushing in. Yasmin, on the other hand, almost knocks herself silly exiting the elevator. All three teams find Alterman, and Dana is surprised he looks so young. Debby explains to her daughter that he’s dead. All three teams find Dizengoff and the soup clue. Shimi sticks his face in the soup. D/D get in the elevator, it stops and Debby explains to a confused Asian lady that there’s no more room in the elevator and to get the next one. To her credit, there are four people in the elevator, and two with heavy production equipment, so she’s probably telling the truth. She still laughs evilly.

Soup room. And now everyone is here but the Purples and Rondrea. Soup soup soup. Debby attempts to channel her grandmother, who is probably enjoying some soup in heaven with Charla and Mirna’s grandmother, and she thinks she has it. Tense music plays as if something big is going to happen. Rapid camera pan. Ronit. Eliran. Itzik. Sisters. Chef. Mother and daughter, hoping it’s right. And…it is! They jump from 8th to 1st, just like that. “Don’t mention it,” says Debby’s grandmother. But of course, they must gloat and shout and annoy everyone else before they Cruella DeVil their way out of there. Debby is so proud of herself. Enjoy it while it lasts, hag. The clue is to go to the littlest airport in Israel – Mini Israel, in Latrun. Also the pit stop. Elsewhere, Rondrea and the Purples head out.

Soup room once more. Disappointment. Next ones to succeed…Romy and Michele, who freak out in second. Third and fourth are LiMore and David/Eliran, the latter of whom smashes the bowl in excitement. On the road, D/D are lost and somewhere on the way to Jerusalem. Debby proceeds to slam her daughter with insults and Dana actually gets bleeped out for the first time in the history of Israeli television, ever. Now, Dana proceeds to lose it on her mom, probably something that’s been accumulating for years. They are clearly in a power battle. Of course, Debby cares more about her lipstick. Debby apologizes.

Tel Aviv. Cousins and Rondrea get the clue. Cousins run in, asking for Chana Rubina, and…for some inexplicable reason, Ma’Ayan thinks that a random old woman in red sitting at a table is her and gives her a huge hug. Said lady has no clue what the crazy girl in purple is doing, and eventually they find the right lady. Whoops. Rondrea do the same, and Andrea comments it’s like “Shakespeare on steroids in Hebrew.” They get the Alterman and Dizengoff clues and they’re off to the soup room. Andrea asks for some bread. See, that’s what I would have done. No real reason, but I like bread with soup.

Soup room. Ma’Ayan and Batel run out of the elevator, screaming “soup soup soup,” as you do. Soup montage. LiRonit, who came in first, get another no, and head to Dizengoff for a picker-upper. Yasmin thinks she’s got it, and she does. LiRonit get it next. They know where it is. Yasmin has map trouble, as usual.

Mini Israel. David/Eliran and Sisters get there first, followed by D/D.

Soup room. More soup fails. Purples get it, freak out, head out in 7th.

On the road, Shimi insists on following blue and white markers, which are leading him nowhere.

Mini Israel. LiRonit and LiMore, the previous top two of the day, enter in fourth and fifth. Lior looks in a trash can. D/D notice all the teams filtering in. Ronit spots a clue and reads it. Next stop, Madrid, Spain! Spain montage. LiRonit run to Ron, and they are first. But…there’s a salvage pass, which they can use to save the last team or get an advantage.

Soup room. Falafel and TaKo get the soup clue. Eliran has no idea what miniature means.

Mini Israel. Teams are wandering. David sees something. Dana sees a clue and grabs it for her team, as does Romi. More finds another. All teams run to Ron. LiMor run. Sisters run. Dana…stops for lipstick. LiMor arrive, in second. They are thrilled to go to Spain. Sisters get there next, and Romi is moved to tears by her sister Coral. They are in third and scream. D/D are up next, and they’ve jumped from 10th to 4th. Debby still has poor grammar as the subtitles correct her.
Back at the soup room, Rondrea get the correct soup and head out in last, hoping someone else is lost. And those someones are Ma’Ayan and Batel, who appear to be in a slum, with a stray cat loudly growling as they pass. In other news, Batel’s earrings must weigh a ton, they’re huge. The girls apparently know this road well and are frustrated at being lost. Elsewhere, Shimi and Yasmin ask for directions.

Mini Israel. Falafel enter Mini Israel. David/Eliran find the clue and end in fifth. Lots of looking. Shimi yells at Yasmin quite violently. In an interview…Yasmin gets up and walks away. Talia and Kobi comment that they are sweet, sweet, sweet, and then…boom. Heh. More yelling from Shimi as Talia spots a clue. Ma’Ayan spots the sign for Mini Israel, as do Rondrea. Talia and Kobi, you are in sixth. Falafel Boys and ShiMin find the clue. Yasmin is crying. Shimi asks why she’s crying. Because you screamed your guts out at her, dumbass! Anyway, they’re in seventh and Ron asks Yasmin why she’s crying. It’s been a rough for her, and that’s an understatement. Falafel run up, and they’re in 8th. The final two teams, Cousins and Rondrea, are on the hunt. Ma’Ayan spots one, then Ronney. The Cousins have no clue where Spain is. Batel insists Asia, but Ma’Ayan insists Europe. Wow, and they say Americans are bad at geography. Running, running…and it’s the girls, after literally running around the whole country. They have never left the country, but now they’re about to because they’re in ninth. Batel is sad at first, but then…whoops, they miscounted, they’re safe.

Bringing up the rear, Ronney and Andrea. They know they’re last, but they’ve got tickets to Spain, so…but wait! Here come LiRonit with their salvage pass. Andrea is confused. Ron explains the terms of the salvage pass. Andrea wants to continue but understands. Ronit comments that it hurts her to see Andrea’s blue eyes crying. Ronit goes on to say that Rondrea are survivors, and it’s a race, and they all deserve to be there, and they choose to save the grandparents, with much hugging. Yay!

Next time: Spain! Coral gets knocked over by a bull. Romi gasps.
TAR. USA/Israel.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
OMG Romi GASPS?

That is *so* worthy of a promo. :lol:

Great recaps Jai Ho <3

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
OMG Romi GASPS?

That is *so* worthy of a promo. :lol:

Great recaps Jai Ho <3

Thank you very much <3

Some questions for readers:

1. Who do you love?
2. Who do you hate?
3. Can Rondrea make a comeback?
4. Should we petition for Ma'Ayan and Batel to dye their hair blond?
5. Of whom will we get rid in sunny Madrid?
TAR. USA/Israel.

Offline Maxine Rama

• RFF Full Member
  • When in doubt, smize!
lol I'm so glad Rondrea got saved. Andrea is SO dramatic. That story she told about her father during the double battle. My god. I love them to death.

Also, loving the Debs. They are lulzy. I cackled when the mom told the random asian hotel guest "NO MORE ROOM" and let the elevator door shut in her face. She is SO catty. I hope they go far. Coral/Romi are hilar too. So are Batel/Ma'Ayan. LOL @ them being the clueless female team of the season. Maybe they bumble their way into the F5 somehow. <3

Everyone else were pretty good. This cast should really deliver!

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
Good morning Internet friends!

Woke up unintentionally early this morning to find that Episode 3 is up. It took me only 2.5 hours to do this 1.5 hour episode, not bad. Hope I can get quicker.

But now, let's go to Spain!

Episode 3: You Gotta Boogie with the Bull that Brung Ya

No previouslies. Credits.

Ron VOs that we left Mini Israel and are now on our way to Madrid, Spain, on two flights. Once there, teams must drive to Plaza San Miguel Archangel in Moralzalzel (?) for their next clue.

First flight is: LiRonit (who I actually am liking better these days, and who wisely saved Rondrea last leg…if the Oldsters get eliminated, they’re none the worse for wear, and if they don’t and a stronger team like LiMore or TaKo get eliminated, well then power to them), LiMore, Sisters, D/D, and Blue Collar Boys. They can choose to either self-drive or hire a driver. LiRonit, LiMore, and the Boys head out driverless, and Romy/Michele immediately opt for a curly-topped driver. Debby and Dana try to figure out their car, which goes in reverse, then starts the windshield wipers. Debby claims she has no clue how to drive stick. They, like the Sisters, opt for a lady driver who can actually, you know, operate the car. A wise choice. Sisters complain about their slow driver. D/D’s driver is going at quicker clip, but clearly does not care as she nonchalantly pops her gum.

On the road. In his car, David makes a homeless sign reading MORALZALZEL and flashes it at a truck driver, who motions to follow him. Lior is marveling at some faraway snow on a mountaintop. Mor comments on her husband’s lack of focus. Indeed, Lior is taking it all in. Mor comments that Europe sucks, and nothing happened here but the Holocaust…ooh, trains! D/D are stopped and asking for help, Sisters stop and get help from a curly-haired toll collector. They tell the guy to not tell the other teams. They get back in their car and sing in Spanish, and lo and behold, they are the first team to arrive in Moralzarzal. They reach the clue in first, and it’s a roadblock. Romi reads, “who looks good in pink?” The task is bullfighting, including three passes and pinning a ribbon on the bull. At the sight of pink, Romi’s all, “Coral, it’s you.” And not even because of her name. Coral protests but Romi makes up her mind for her.

They reach the stadium and Coral gets suited up to play. Romi likes the matador’s hat. She shouts encouragement, and Coral shouts at her to shut up. “Sorry.” Heh. Matador teaches Coral the ropes, and Romi makes up a song about how Coral can handles the bulls. I swear, the producers must be armed with knives and threaten the racers to sing, or else…Israelis do not sing this much in real life. Coral, once again: “Quiet, Romi.” Coral gets scared, but in comes the bull. It’s a real bull, and Coral freaks out. Romi says to just think of him as a puppy. A large, angry, drooling puppy. Romi begs Coral to do it, and will give her a massage when she is done.

Moralzarzel. D/D arrive at the clue box in second. So that’s 2/2 for the driver-choosing teams. They get the clue and Mom is immediately dubious and elects Dana to do the task. Third to the clue box are David/Eliran are next. They flip a coin, and it’s David.
Stadium. Debby coaches from the sidelines as Dana learns from the matador, but Dana’s actually listening and doing well. Another demo, and now Dana and David get apprehensive. And now, it’s time for the racers. First up is Coral. On her first try, the bull drags away the cape. Second try, and Coral wishes not to die. But then she gets steamrollered to the ground by the bull, who jumps over her. Wow. Ouch.

Second flight: TaKo, ShiMin, Falafel, Cousins, and Rondrea. Falafel chooses a driver and they sing the Macarena. Eliran does not know how to say “stop” in English. Fortunately, Itzik does, and they ask a toll collector for directions, a different one than the girls’. Eliran is out of the car and asking directions in Hebrew. A local teaches them how to say “donde esta?” although I’m not quite sure that the guys know what it means. Eliran says that Itzik’s the smart one, which he denies. Oh, you two. Elsewhere, Talia has a map and Koby’s doing the driving. In another car, Yasmin is cheering for her team’s driver. Shimi claims he looks Latino, which Yasmin’s all like…”no, dude.” Fast-paced guitar plays as the Persians choose a driver and call him Princess (?). They fawn over him, and admittedly he is really, really cute. Ma’Ayan insists that there’s a love connection, and even gets a twinkly-star confessional as she sings. Rondrea have chosen to self-drive. Ronney does a Spanish accent and Andrea comments that he sounds like a Mafioso.

Moralzarzel. LiRonit hit the box in 4th. Ronit, clad in pink, happily chooses the roadblock and is unfazed by it, commenting that it’ll probably be baby bull and they’ll be in and out. LiMor are in fifth, and they pick Mor for the task.

Stadium. Coral takes a another faceplant, and then another, and is sobbing uncontrollably. Romi has no idea how to help her. David has a try, but fails. Dana’s up next, and she completes her first pass like a pro. She is in complete disbelief, but no time to think, as it’s time for her second pass, which she does with an “olé!” More, looking fearful, gets a cheer from dear husband, who dreams of being a matador. More is like, “WTF who does that?” Even so, she completes pass one. Now back to Coral, who is scared ****less. But do it, she must, and she completes two passes at lightning speed, as does David. Dana does her final pass beautifully, with Coral not far behind. Coral heads back in for the ribboning, as does Dana, albeit with more confidence. She gets pretty close on her first two tries. David’s
next for the ribbon, and runs like a cartoon characters. Coral? Ass-plant. Dana gets another close one, then…bam. Mom is proud beyond belief. Dana returns to the sideline and Debby tells her to get the clue “with honor.” Awww. It’s a detour, Flamenco or Macarena. Los Del Rio rakes in some royalties. In Flamenco, they must learn a combo and perform it for the judges. In Macarena, they must dress up a la MC Hammer (LOL) and 90’s it up in a store window. Wow, I’ve never seen such a high embarrassment factor in a task, ever. They must get 15 people to slap a button to complete the task. But first, time to vote for Prom Queen! Debby, of course, compliments her and Dana’s picture. They waffle between the Persians and the Parents. Because girls hate each other, they pick Ma’Ayan and Batel. Then they are off to Flamenco. Debby complains her legs hurt. It’s probably because of all the bullfighting you did…oh wait.

Stadium. David slams the ribbon on with ease, and Coral does…with less grace. David/Eliran pick Macarena. Coral is on the floor as Romi does the rip-and-read. They note that flamenco needs coordination so they choose Macarena. At the Prom Queen board, the boys pick the flirtatious (and ass-kicking) Debby and Dana. Romy and Michele go for the kiosk-lady cousins, so that’s two for them.

On the road. Cousins get directions and so do ShiMin. Shimi nearly tackles an old lady. Somewhere else, TaKo hit up a café. Talia explains that telenovelas are a “waste of time” and beneath them, so Spanish is not their forte. Koby wonders about the Spanish lisp.

Moralzarzel. Talia/Koby in sixth, Falafel right behind. Talia and Eliran choose the task. Talia is in for a surprise, as she defends animal rights to the matador. Heh. Mor? Still working on her passes, which she does well. Ronit does her second pass well, but freaks out and falters on the third. She comments that her bull must not have taken his Ritalin today. The bull actually follows Ronit out of the main stadium. Somehow, they must have counted the third pass so Ronit gets her ribbon. The bull gets her leg.

Moralzarzel. The final three teams close in: Rondrea in 8th, then ShiMin and Cousins. Andrea suspects something’s up.

Stadium. Ronit freaks out again, but she gets it. Talia is petrified. LiMor finishes, the final team from flight 1. LiRonit choose their competitors Lior and More, and LiMor opt for Mom/Daughter.

Madrid. Romy and Michele’s driver points out the stadium of Real Madrid. Eliran gets a clue from a fellow motorist. Sisters are out of the car and on the streets, and they find Macarena, putting them back in first. Coral is excited for the clothes. Romi? Not so much. They stand in the window and gesture to the button. People are mystified and start taking pics until one guy bravely taps the button and the girls dance. David and Eliran arrive and dress up as well. A girl in a white jacket presses their button and the construction workers make like the Village People. Both teams comment on the ridiculousness of the situation and all the people taking pictures. Eliran needs to pee, but an old lady wants them to dance, so they get another press. She cabbage-patches along with them and David gives her an ass-flash. Elsewhere, D/D are taking in the view. They find the Flamenco school. Debby, of course, picks a pink outfit, and makes Dana her man. They pick up the steps rather quickly, and LiMore are hot on their tails, Mor in a blue gown. They are…less graceful than the girls. At least they’re enjoying themselves.

Stadium. Talia and Eliran are hard at work, getting their passes. Eliran trips, then jumps over the bull. Talia takes a hard hit but gets right up. Eliran jumps and lands on the bull, backwards, heh. Talia goes for it and gets it, followed by Eliran. At the Prom Queen board, TaKo pick D/D and the boys go for the cousins. Speaking of the cousins, here they are at the stadium. Andrea cheers on her husband who does two good passes, then gets hit. But he gets up and gets the third pass. Shimi completes the whole task in no time at all. They too pick the cousins, calling them the Druzes, as Ma’Ayan does the bull task. Yasmin is racist. They head for Flamenco. Talia and Koby are lost and arguing. Back at the stadium, both Ma’Ayan and Ronney are at the ribbon task. Ma’Ayan gets it, but not before she does this awesome flip in mid air that is totally unintentional and probably quite painful, but she does it and they leave in ninth, eating a PowerBar. Ronney gets it, and he and Andrea are in last. The cousins pick LiMor, and Rondrea pick the cousins, who are near them (true) and now the cousins are officially U-turned. Ma’Ayan proposes to her driver.

Streets of Moralzarzal. TaKo are hopelessly clueless. They finally get a clue from a cabbie who points them to Madrid.

Macarena. A skateboarder gives the boys a tap without stopping. Sisters get tired.

Madrid. Ronit wants to go shoe-shopping. And get ice cream. And give something to a homeless guy, which they do. Aww. Is this their redemption arc? Ronit tells a tale of her father and finding him on the streets. Whoa. They stumble to Macarena, as both Sisters and Construction Workers finish. Next clue tells them to go a market. But first, U-turn board. Romy and Michele hit it first, and in true sister fashion, freak out as they run away. David/Eliran are initially confused, but get it anyway.
Villa Rosa. D/D and Mor/Lior are ready to dance the flamenco. Mom and daughter do surprisingly well. Parents? Get a no. Back to the rehearsal room for you. Dana and Debby finish with a flourish and head to the u-turn board in third. They are pleasantly surprised, but find out that LiMor, TaKo, and Blue Collar picked them. Back at flamenco school, Mor starts to cry. She misses her family.

Streets of Madrid. Falafel boys babble at their driver, but they make it to Macarena and get a button press and start dancing. Itzik particularly enjoys the skirt. They pull some girls up to dance with them. Ronit spots a girl with her mom who reminds her of her little girl. Little girl hits the button to make the crazy people dance some more. They finish the task in fourth, followed by Eliran/Itzik. Both teams are safe, of course.

Flamenco school. ShiMin, Cousins, and Rondrea make it to the studio. Andrea comments that she looks like a tent. Yasmin is a queen in green. Batel is…awkward in red. Rondrea are trying their hardest, and Ronney is in extreme pain. All three teams head to Villa Rosa. Shimi gets some points for helping Ronney hobble along to the task. All three pass the task, and Rondrea get to the U-turn board in sixth, their highest ranking yet. ShiMin are right behind. In eighth are the Cousins, who see their U-turn and are actually calm about it. Ma’Ayan pep-talks her partner.

Streets of Madrid. LiMore are back in their car, on their way to Macarena now. TaKo are lost in Madrid, tied for last with the parents. In the Cousins car, they’re not worried, as karma will catch up to their competitors.

End of episode.

Current standings:

En route market:
1st – Romy/Michele
2nd – Blue Collar Boys
3rd – D/D
4th – LiRonit
5th – Falafel
6th – Rondrea
7th – Shimi/Yasmin

En route detour:
8th/9th – TaKo and Parents

U-turned:
10th – Ma’Ayan/Batel.

Next time: Salvador Dali tasks. Teams are in mustaches. Andrea takes a spill. Dana/Debby do something with bugs and an apple. Falafel boys are confused, again. Lior licks an apple.
---
There we go...leave a comment or a message.

Who's your fave?
Who's your...least fave?
Can the Cousins rebound?
Will Mor self-destruct?
and finally...
Who will we say adios to on Wednesday?
TAR. USA/Israel.

Offline Maxine Rama

• RFF Full Member
  • When in doubt, smize!
can't watch the latest episode. the site keeps refreshing when I'm watching the video. gaaaaaah I hope someone uploads these episodes somewhere soon

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
Any comments on the recap, maxyrama?
TAR. USA/Israel.

Offline mikaelj

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hi

Love the recaps Jai Ho.
Do they air twice a week ? Found episode 4 up now.

Keep up the good work. I normally watch the episode first and read them afterwards (I can't speak a word of hebrew), so they help out alot.

Thanks
Mikael

Offline mikaelj

• RFF Not So Newbie
Ok
Found it myself.
Airs wednesday and saturday 2100 local time.
Almost made me miss an episode .....

Mikael