Author Topic: TAR 22 FINALE East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 57416 times)

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
The only thing that I think was really unpredictable about this finale was that Bates & Anthony were so far ahead that production couldn't even edit it to look like it could be close.  They were able to edit things to make it look like the other teams had a chance of catching them at the ballpark and at the globes, but once Bates & Anthony left that task it was obvious they would win.  The whole "I hope we're going to the right place" comments in the cab was just lame.  The only way I could see them going to the wrong place would be if the cab driver didn't know where Mt. Vernon is.   

I wonder if production had a sense that all 3 teams wouldn't be at the globe task at the same time.  That ball pit looked awfully small for 3 adults to be able to do anything without banging into each other.  Although a little elbow throwing might have made it more exciting.
:

There were 3 globe pits and three display tents.........if that makes sense. Each team had their own. Just like in TAR 19, each team had their own wall to connect countries with the rope.

That explains it.  I thought I saw Mona or Beth and Katie in the same pit at one point.  I saw the 3 walls, but somehow missed the 3 pits.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
On a side note:  I love your disclaimer Hooky.   :lol3:

Thanks! I just didn't want someone to misunderstand the purpose of the post. :tup:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
On one of their exit interviews Katie implies that they were sharing the same ball pit

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Max-Katie-1065101.aspx?rss=breakingnews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Amazing Race's Max and Katie: We Felt It Slipping Away From Us
by Joyce Eng
[...]
The globes task was partially based on luck too. Does it bother you that there were two luck-based challenges in the final leg?
Max: The globes didn't bother me. It was partially based on luck, but there was some skilled involved. You did have to know what the countries looked like and what the order was. But the suitcase will bother me forever. It was all luck finding the guy and then you were also able to use your notes [to do the briefcase code], so it didn't even test your memory.
Katie: The globes one was extremely easy. ... You know the final challenge is usually something memory-related about the season. Even if you are not a smart person or don't know geography, every time you're on a flight for 12, 18 hours, you look on a map and you know what country you're going to and what it looks like. It was just a matter of finding the right globes. There were only a couple right answers. Once Bates and Anthony had gone through, there were fewer globes for us. I knew at that point that they were ahead of us. It was really disheartening.
[...]
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
One pit I believe.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
One pit, three tents.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
On one of their exit interviews Katie implies that they were sharing the same ball pit

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Max-Katie-1065101.aspx?rss=breakingnews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Amazing Race's Max and Katie: We Felt It Slipping Away From Us
by Joyce Eng
[...]
The globes task was partially based on luck too. Does it bother you that there were two luck-based challenges in the final leg?
 Once Bates and Anthony had gone through, there were fewer globes for us. I knew at that point that they were ahead of us. It was really disheartening.
[...]

I wondered! Thanks for posting this.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
This was like a TAR 19 Finale memory challenge. It could have been a great task but they marked out all the globes they needed to find in red ink I think and made the whole challenge a matter of "let's find the marked globes" rather than finding the ride countries and on the right continent. There should also be three pits and not just one...

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This was like a TAR 19 Finale memory challenge. It could have been a great task but they marked out all the globes they needed to find in red ink I think and made the whole challenge a matter of "let's find the marked globes" rather than finding the ride countries and on the right continent. There should also be three pits and not just one...

One pit would have been more fun with 3 teams competing in the pit at the same time.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think the ball pit challenge should have been first. Indeed, it would have been more climatic with three teams scrambling at the same time, but it ended up being kind of linear like the greeters ask in S17. I guess the final leg comes to me as a slight disappointment when I compare it to last season's where everyone was neck and neck and Josh & Brent pulled one of the biggest upsets.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
Thank God, I really couldn't figure out how I missed three pits.  I just figured it's because I have a tendency to multitask while watching tv no matter how many times I rewind something and tell myself that I really have to pay attention.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
There's only one pit... and yes I agree, one pit with three teams inside will be exciting, that's why like what Dan said, should have been the first task then. Would be really exciting to see teams fighting with each other for the globes. :lol3: