Author Topic: TAR Canada 1 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 155067 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Joshua Jamieson ‏@jjmoxy 7m

Totally just passed an #amazingrace Canada team looking to use a cell, I was busy snapping for social media, eep! pic.twitter.com/14vZlkYFg2

Pic was taken around 299 Water Street.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Joshua Jamieson ‏@jjmoxy 8m

And there is some #amazingrace Canada yellow, a crew, and a fiddler in St. John's, NL pic.twitter.com/1Zvo6xRcsh

The statue is called "A Time" - its on George Street... http://www.morgansculpt.ca/portfolio/a-time/
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 11:05:07 AM by walkingpneumonia »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Not sure?

George St + Stage

Webcam view
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Close - and definitely bears watching...

Not sure?

George St + Stage

Webcam view

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Ian Gidge ‏@iangidge 32m Helicopter filming Amazing Race Canada ? pic.twitter.com/S4bxPh3Gby
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Tracy Parsons ‏@CrazyBrownDog 1h Teams from #TheAmazingRace are on Water Street busking for cash! Help them out!

Michael Hancock ‏@mhancocknl 1h @CrazyBrownDog i hear they'll be using newfie dogs in a race on signal hill 

Reply to @mhancocknl @CrazyBrownDog 
  Tracy Parsons ‏@CrazyBrownDog 1h @mhancocknl Lots of local flavour in this leg of the race!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
ja1_3 Jessica A 11m Just hunted down The Amazing Race Canada with @Bryinne_McCoy #wearethosepeople #exciting 

pic.twitter.com/lGVRyySdD6
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:36:04 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Leslie ‏@Starrynightnf 21m Cool! Saw Amazing Race Canada filming near my office here in St. John's.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Leslie ‏@Starrynightnf 16m xxx  ...But they were at Harbourside park downtown when I saw them. They had NL dogs rigged up to carts. :D
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Leslie ‏@Starrynightnf 8m @xxx ...but I've seen tweets that people saw them fighting for taxis. :D
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ian Gidge ‏@iangidge 1m

Amazing Race Canada mat at Cape Spear pic.twitter.com/MXNAZztApT

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Ian Gidge ‏@iangidge 8m Amazing Race Canada filming at Cape Spear! Had to sign a sheet of paper incase I'm in the background. pic.twitter.com/FYwWw8xgOP
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Ian Gidge ‏@iangidge 11m @xxx Looks like pit stop was at Cape Spear, was too far away to recognize any teams
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Anonon ‏@newf1256 11m Nope. Not Signal Hill. Saw the whole thing. Holloway St.   

Anonon ‏@newf1256 13m They were using Newfie dogs to pull carts up Holloway St. They had to stop and deliver items to different houses.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
More from Ian:

It also looks like they may have had a decoy mat at cape spear? Because where we were standing we could see the mat (the one I tweeted)

37m
And before we knew it they were packing up that mat and there were people at a differen location. (The one behind the lighthouse)

Possible host shoot then Pitstop??  ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here's a news story from the Herald Chronicle newspaper (from Halifax?) about TAR Canada's trip to Lunenburg:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/artslife/1130907-lunenburg-s-amazing-cameo

Lunenburg’s Amazing cameo

May 22, 2013 - 8:14pm ANDREA NEMETZ ARTS REPORTER

Residents excited by evidence that The Amazing Race Canada came to town

Nancy Sixsmith was at the gym in Lunenburg on Monday when she saw people running around with cameras and microphones.

She and three friends sussed out that they were from The Amazing Race Canada, the Canadian version of the hit reality TV adventure show set to hit the airwaves July 15 on CTV.

“We saw contestants doing things and getting clues and tried to pump the producers for information,” Sixsmith said Wednesday. “It didn’t work. It was top secret, classified info.”

Sixsmith, a freelance book editor and longtime fan of The Amazing Race, says she and her friends also looked for Phil Keoghan, host of the U.S. version, to no avail.

The host of the Canadian show hasn’t yet been announced, though prize details have been unveiled. A news release from CTV says the winning team will receive $250,000 cash, free executive first-class airfare for a year for anywhere Air Canada flies and two 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingrays.

Teams competing in The Amazing Race Canada will criss-cross up to 9,000 kilometres, visiting both rural and urban centres “all while exploring (Canada’s) broad cultural and ethnic diversity, wildlife and iconic landmarks,” says the news release.

CTV publicists could not be reached Wednesday for information about the Lunenburg visit.

Sixsmith says she doesn’t want to give away too much information so won’t say how many contestants she saw.

“Like with all The Amazing Race shows, they do things that are local to the culture. They did lobster things and things involved with sausages, making and eating, I think.”

She was disappointed the show stopped by the historic town on a cold, wet holiday Monday.

“It was too bad it was Victoria Day and raining. The town was completely deserted. It’s not normal and did not make Lunenburg look as wonderful as we all think it is.”

She and her friends have already made plans to have a party and watch the episode whenever it airs.

“I know some Lunenburgers will be on camera,” she said, noting she witnessed people being filmed and asked to sign release forms.

There were rumours that the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic was part of the visit. Representatives of the museum could not be reached for comment.

Sixsmith said she heard The Amazing Race also went to Mahone Bay.

On Wednesday, Twitter was filled with reports about Amazing Race teams being in St. John’s, N.L.

Fans can follow the show on Twitter @AmazingRaceCDA or on Facebook. The show’s website is CTV.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada.

I don't think we heard about sausage making, but I suppose it's possible. I found this news story from the following tweet that amused me:

Myles McNutt ‏@Memles 2h
You know it's #AmazingRace Canada when tipsters refuse to reveal how many teams they saw to avoid spoiling people. http://bit.ly/16ROOLV

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here's a few more tweets from yesterday in St. John's:

Aimee Stoyles ‏@aimeestoyles 17h
Just did Bootcamp in the back ground of The Amazing Race's check point .... Newfoundland will look fit :)

Jason Mach ‏@jasonmach 15h
Fack, I just missed the Amazing Race running down George St. #KissTheCod contest perhaps?

GoTireNL ‏@gotirenl 13h
My sister got filmed today by Amazing Race Canada wearing her GoTire coat. Hopefully she makes the final cut!!

Becky Blow ‏@MissBlow 10h
Today I was on the bus with people doing Amazing Race Canada. That coulda been us @FarFromSubtle! That could have been us!

I'm not sure about the last one from @MissBlow. Her twitter page says she is from Vancouver, but she travels as a triathlete. One of her recent tweets refers to a thunderstorm and how she misses them because they don't happen often in Vancouver. I'm not sure if they are happening in Newfoundland in May though.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
FINALE DAY! :hearts:

Get ready!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Teams arriving from St John's to Toronto!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Chris Clark ‏@ChrisClarkCA 1min

Might be a passerby on The Amazing Race Canada. @JodyMClark and I just got sprinted past by crazy people and camera crews. #torontoairport
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
William Wolfe-Wylie ‏@wolfewylie 36s

Amazing Race Canada participants are reportedly rushing through Toronto's Pearson International Airport: http://ow.ly/lmIUr
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Olivia A Weaver ‏@OliviaAWeaver 1min

Surprise visit from The Amazing Race! Can I join now? I run fast most days pic.twitter.com/M7RafERkly

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:09:52 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That's the Toronto Zoo which is literally on the opposite of the city from the airport.