Author Topic: TAR Canada 1 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 51278 times)

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Not So Newbie
That cluebox looks way different.. the box is too thin and the flag is too wide

Decoy clue boxes?

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
That is what we are thinking...

Not us anyway!

"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
shaay ‏@shaysabs 38m @xxx no problem! i dont have much to say .. i just know there were 2 camera guys following the girls in the white and orange outfits

Dont mind a local deal, don't mind someone trying to fool US, do mind dashing kids excitement!  :knuckles: :'( :knuckles:
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Wasn't us. ;)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
@ashleyblenkhorn: In the Montreal airport waiting for our connection flight and Amazing Race Canada is casually filming here #unreal #whatup #inthebackground
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline robergem

• RFF Not So Newbie
5 teams leave the Quebec City airport this morning at 6am on flight AC 8701

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EHDUvbNpB-s?hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/EHDUvbNpB-s?hl</a>

and 2 videos with all 5 teams at the GATE (part 1 & 2)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FeKy13BcJ9I?hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FeKy13BcJ9I?hl</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e57AtB0vlJM?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e57AtB0vlJM?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:37:00 PM by georgiapeach »

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
That is AMAZING!! :tu

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
@ashleyblenkhorn: In the Montreal airport waiting for our connection flight and Amazing Race Canada is casually filming here #unreal #whatup #inthebackground

posted 7:09 AM

Offline robergem

• RFF Not So Newbie
On the left...in these videos you have

1-team blue 2-team red shirt 3-team guys (cut between 2 videos)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FeKy13BcJ9I?hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FeKy13BcJ9I?hl</a>

3- second GUYS 4-team pink pants 5-double amputee

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e57AtB0vlJM?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e57AtB0vlJM?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:03:15 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline robergem

• RFF Not So Newbie
STAND BY OTTAWA

***  in Quebec City told me they are going to OTTAWA
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:40:06 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Teams on the ground in Ottawa...

uOttawa Shinerama ‏@uOttawaShine 59m
On the way to #shinecon we saw the amazing race at the Ottawa airport #ontv #uottawa

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Aaron Watson ‏@Teirersias 49s

Amazing Race people apparently on route to #Nunavut
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Aaron Watson ‏@Teirersias 14min

@tattuinee There was a sighting of camera crews and a bunch of ppl wearing the same gear going to Iqaluit. May be a rumour. #AmazingRace
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Aaron Watson ‏@Teirersias 15min

@Unaapik @tattuinee Witness was pretty sure it was them. They (crew and cast) weren't allowed to talk to anyone.

Craig Welsh Craig Welsh ‏@towniebastard 10min

@KentDriscoll @Teirersias @tattuinee Yeah, hearing they're going to be in town for the day. Wonder what they'll make them do?

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Yep Iqaluit...

Alicia Manning ‏@TheAliciaMShow 4m
#AmazingRaceCanada is in #Iqaluit!! How frickin cool is that?!

The Jesstress ‏@the_jesstress 3m
#AmazingRace #Canada in #Iqaluit right NOW.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Erik Rowell ‏@ERowell1 5h #AmazingRaceCanada is in Ottawa today, just saw them at #YOW with@

khumbu2015 ‏@khumbu2015 19m @ERowell1 and made their way to Iqaluit, Nunavut. #  1:31 PM - 17 May 13 · Details 

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Looks like they have a clue written in Inuit.

Amanda Eegeesiak ‏@ijitsiak 11m
Seen the amazing race contestants at the airport! Asked me to translate but I couldn't :( lol #inuitbutnot

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Amanda Eegeesiak ‏@ijitsiak 56m Update:contestants are at the causeway..not sure what they are doin yet  2:01 PM - 17 May 13 · Details 

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I found a casting call announcement for Iqaluit held yesterday at http://iqaluitnow.ca/ai1ec_event/casting-call/?instance_id=.

CASTING CALL

When: May 17, 2013 @ 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Where: 723 BAYSIDE DOOR
Cost: FREE

Are you an Inuk female, aged between 12 & 16 and 30 & 50? then we are looking for you! Come and try out to be in an adventure feature film. no previous film experience necessary.

Auditions are today Friday May 17 at building 723

please tell your daughter, mom, sister, niece, aunt, friend and cousins!

It's interesting, but it doesn't give any hints as to what they will be doing (or did). The fact that they were racing yesterday says to me that it wasn't so much an audition but instead an immediate participatory event (sort of like at the Regina football stadium).  I don't know much about Inuk culture, but if it was an audition, I'd have to guess some kind of coming of age ceremony given the age of the young girls and the involvement of older women. I've also seen some references to throatsinging (not sure what that means) in the local paper, but I can't see why they would restrict that to certain ages.

The local newspaper had pictures from the Omingmak Frolics a few days ago, which appeared to be snowmobile racing. It's not too hard to imagine the teams going snowmobiling. Perhaps they would have to do a lap in a specified time.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A Couple of Facebook sightings from yesterday:

<Facebook Sightee #1>
15 hours ago via mobile
Just saw 3 teams from Amazing Race Canada! How cool is that?!?!

<Friend 1> Were they racing? Or just visiting?
    15 hours ago

<Facebook Sightee #1>  Racing. The teams wearing white jackets were being followed by 2 camera men!
    15 hours ago via mobile · Edited

<Friend 1> Awesome!
    15 hours ago

<Friend 2> Kaa tusupaaa. I watch that show all the time, ila not the canada show. Eeeq if I stayed longer takukasatakaqai!!!!
    15 hours ago

<Friend 3> I was on the same flight as them today from Ottawa to Iqaluit!
    12 hours ago · 1

<Friend 4> Is the race in iqaluit?
    11 hours ago via mobile

And the second Facebook sighting:

<Facebook Sightee #2>
11 hours ago near Iqaluit, Nunavut via mobile
Amazing Race Canada filming here in Iqaluit today! Cool!

<Friend 1> I was on the same flight with them today. Pretty interesting!
11 hours ago

<Friend 2> Which airline did they fly???
10 hours ago

There's not much new there except that in this sightings, the teams were wearing white coats instead of green.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Logan Cleveland ‏@CleveNasty88 10min

Amazing race filmed in mahone bay? #wtf

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
MC MacDonald ‏@marycathh3 1min

fun fact: the amazing race canada was filming behind my house on friday

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Yarns @ Play @marleneknits  5h 
#AmazingRace filming in #MahoneBay today! Who would have thought!
 info requested

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Cafy @Cafina  5m 
The making of amazing race, I think? instagram.com/p/Zgi3NCJugo/

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 04:51:42 PM by georgiapeach »

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Alyssa Shepherd @aly0221  7m 
Amazing race is being filmed at the ottawa airport! Debating if I should photobomb the shot...? #starbreakoutmoment

Custom Search