Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR Canada 1 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 58503 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Any TAR Canada Media Day sightings, advertising sightings, or related promotional sightings can now go HERE:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,29106.0.html
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Sue's Reality Canada
(if I posted this in the wrong place, please forgive, for I am but a noob)

I was curious about the sneak peak of Ep 1 showing Vanessa and Celina (possibly a roadblock, since it's just Celina), and in one shot you could clearly see what looks to be an old railroad trestle, so l did a little research. Thank you Google Maps. They are on the Kettle Valley Railroad Trail, just outside Kelowna. On a hunch I checked out the Myra Canyon Ranch...they have an online guestbook. Here are two entries:

"Our stay with this endlessly hospitable family was a huge pleasure with wonderful food in a beautiful home ! Thank you for providing a great holiday while we were at work on the Bellevue trestle. I'll speak for the six of us in saying that we all look forward to coming for visit again soon ! Amazing Race Canada rigging team, 2.May 2013" (name withheld)

Your place made our 6 days working at the trestles into a work holiday. Thank you for the hospitality, beautiful place, juice and food. Awesome !  Amazing Race Canada rigging team, 2. May 2013 (name withheld)

http://www.myracanyon.com/guestbook_2012.htm
 :yess:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:26:20 AM by WindsorSue »

Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:bigwelcome to RFF, WindsorSue!!

That is a wonderful find, thank you so much for sharing it! Location, rigging, production hotel, this is a FIND! :hearts:

The video Sue is referring to can be found here, thanks to Leafsfan!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,29084.msg900013.html#msg900013
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Finish Line:

With help from WP

Screencap over Google Earth

Probably the Royal Canadian Yacht club:
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Notice the reflection on the side of the door...the roofline of the Yacht Club? It would make a great finish line...secluded plus a nice run to the mat.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Sue's Reality Canada
If you continue on to the next couple of frames, the camera pans to the front of the car, with a view of what is behind it. (to the east and then to the south) It's all parkland. I was thinking more Olympic Island than on the grounds of the RCYC. Of course, that is just for the purpose of this promo pic, and the car could have been moved to the exact area of the finish line.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Re: TAR Canada SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*
« Reply #406 on: August 07, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
CTV just aired a very different commercial during Master Chef Aug 7. Jon Montgomery says something to the effect that "for the last 4 weeks, Canada has watched the teams race around Canada. But there was one place they stopped to look around." It was for "Canada's North" ...Nunavut!!!! So is this really a non-leg?

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #407 on: August 07, 2013, 09:24:10 PM »
That was a tourism commercial to promote the Canadian North
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Sue's Reality Canada