Author Topic: pre-TAR 23 speculation  (Read 120031 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: pre-TAR 23 speculation
« Reply #300 on: June 07, 2013, 12:27:37 AM »
I think the lower one was posted as a "glad to be home" one...so prob near his home. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #301 on: June 07, 2013, 12:33:40 AM »
I think the lower one was posted as a "glad to be home" one...so prob near his home. :)

Oh haha so probably not Phoenix  :lol3:
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #302 on: June 07, 2013, 02:09:38 AM »
I LIVE IN LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: June 07, 2013, 02:54:56 AM »
How about from the perspective of Newport Beach CA looking across the water to the mountain on top of Catalina Island 28 miles out to sea?

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: June 07, 2013, 03:07:32 AM »
I think it's Venice Beach in LA. :duno:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:10:57 AM by WinTar »

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #305 on: June 07, 2013, 04:49:23 AM »
what about San Diego, CA or somewhere in Texas and they drove down to Mexico instead of flying on the airplane?

Offline Alvi18

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #306 on: June 07, 2013, 04:54:16 AM »
:welcome: to RFF Alvi18!!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 05:04:38 AM by Alvi18 »

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #307 on: June 07, 2013, 05:22:52 AM »
:welcome: to RFF Alvi18!!

Lol. So you came to the right place to find more people like you. <3

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #308 on: June 07, 2013, 06:03:03 AM »
Yeah , i don't think they started today. And OH SHUT UP for an Indonesian first leg.  :res:
Please not another early Indonesian leg if they're going back... Although it highly won't happen... :res:
Because if they're going to Indonesia right now, especially in Jakarta, I'll be devastated because I'm in my final exam week! :groan:

PLEASE NO MORE INDONESIA! There are more than 150 countries in the world!

LOL... i don't think they will visit Indonesia  for 3 consecutive seasons. i don't like that, although i'm Indonesian  :) :) :)

Offline Sukhumvit road

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #309 on: June 07, 2013, 09:32:25 AM »
About Europe, I think that the Western Europe is way overused in recent seasons. So, I think they'll go either north (Finland/Norway), south (Greece/Malta), or east (Latvia/Ukraine/Romania).

Finland/Norway is Western Europe

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #310 on: June 07, 2013, 09:35:23 AM »
About Europe, I think that the Western Europe is way overused in recent seasons. So, I think they'll go either north (Finland/Norway), south (Greece/Malta), or east (Latvia/Ukraine/Romania).

Finland/Norway is Western Europe

They're in Scandinavia = Northern Europe.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #311 on: June 07, 2013, 11:17:56 AM »
The bottom picture appears to be the sun setting behind what looks like mountains.  It can't be on the California coast, so it has to be either east of the mountains of Los Angeles or it could be in Las Vegas.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #312 on: June 07, 2013, 11:38:22 AM »
Western Asia (including the Indian Subcontinent):

Probability: Near Definite

Middle East
Probability: Likely
Though the region was hit nearly as hard as North Africa was during the Arab Spring, many countries were able to dodge the political and civil turmoil of that Season. Countries like Bahrain, Qatar, and U.A.E. suffered little to no problems. More countries still have since become stable and safe again (Jordan and Oman), and could easily constitute visits as well. The Caucus States (Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan) probably will not receive a visit for the next few seasons, and the same for Turkey. Israel, I will say time and again is more feasible than people let on. Now with the Arab Spring in the past, and at very least one other Race franchise racing there with little to no problems, its all the more likely that this will be a location soon (prob not this year tho)

Central Asia
Probability: Possible
This is one region that I believe will receive a surprise visit in the very near future (similar to Azerbaijan in S20). Whether it's a return to Kazakhstan, or a visit to Uzbekistan, it will be a great look at region that too often gets overlooked.

South Asia
Probability: Highly Likely
India is one of the race's "Old Faithfuls." Time and again they take contestants there, and it still produces some of the most profound, emotional, and exciting legs of each of the seasons that it's featured. Although I know that there are many different cultures within India, let alone each of the surrounding nations within the region, the average American viewer most likely does not- so, places like Bangladesh (not likely due to visit in S21), and Sri Lanka are nearly completely interchangeable with India. One of the three is bound to be featured this season. Nepal and Maldives could also host a leg or two each, as well. Those two may be featured sooner than we all think.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #313 on: June 07, 2013, 11:42:10 AM »
The bottom picture appears to be the sun setting behind what looks like mountains.  It can't be on the California coast, so it has to be either east of the mountains of Los Angeles or it could be in Las Vegas.

I live in California- definitely plenty of mountainous terrain that comes right up near the coastline (look at CA Hwy 1 for an idea), so its definitely feasible to have a picture at a beach with mountains in the background... and it almost certainly looks like a beach, at least to me...

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #314 on: June 07, 2013, 02:09:21 PM »
When I move to California I promise to do some Amazing Race stalking for us lol.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #315 on: June 07, 2013, 02:20:57 PM »
Gloucester would have been good. LOL
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #316 on: June 07, 2013, 02:29:21 PM »
That was before I discovered RFF. But hopefully they return to Boston for a finale sometime.

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #317 on: June 07, 2013, 04:44:27 PM »
I can see a load of legs in Asia, tbh.

Offline Hinagiku

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #318 on: June 07, 2013, 08:04:07 PM »
How about from the perspective of Newport Beach CA looking across the water to the mountain on top of Catalina Island 28 miles out to sea?
This seems highly unlikely from my personal experience. Every beach I have visited in Los Angeles urban area in California, you can either barely see Catalina, or can't see it at all, not to mention it's often foggy in some cases.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: June 07, 2013, 09:09:21 PM »

Middle East
Though the region was hit nearly as hard as North Africa was during the Arab Spring, many countries were able to dodge the political and civil turmoil of that Season. Countries like Bahrain, Qatar, and U.A.E. suffered little to no problems. More countries still have since become stable and safe again (Jordan and Oman), and could easily constitute visits as well. The Caucus States (Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan) probably will not receive a visit for the next few seasons, and the same for Turkey. Israel, I will say time and again is more feasible than people let on. Now with the Arab Spring in the past, and at very least one other Race franchise racing there with little to no problems, its all the more likely that this will be a location soon (prob not this year tho)

Bahrain is out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahraini_uprising_%282011%E2%80%93present%29

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #320 on: June 07, 2013, 09:19:43 PM »

Middle East

Central Asia
Probability: Possible
This is one region that I believe will receive a surprise visit in the very near future (similar to Azerbaijan in S20). Whether it's a return to Kazakhstan, or a visit to Uzbekistan, it will be a great look at region that too often gets overlooked.

South Asia
Probability: Highly Likely
India is one of the race's "Old Faithfuls." Time and again they take contestants there, and it still produces some of the most profound, emotional, and exciting legs of each of the seasons that it's featured. Although I know that there are many different cultures within India, let alone each of the surrounding nations within the region, the average American viewer most likely does not- so, places like Bangladesh (not likely due to visit in S21), and Sri Lanka are nearly completely interchangeable with India. One of the three is bound to be featured this season. Nepal and Maldives could also host a leg or two each, as well. Those two may be featured sooner than we all think.

You. Are. My. HERO! Finally someone agrees that Kazakhstan should be visited! I would be so elated if they went to the capital city of Astana! Just go to http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2012/02/astana/ludwig-photography
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #321 on: June 07, 2013, 09:59:34 PM »
I agree with Kazakhstan. Also I would love Uzbekistan.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #322 on: June 07, 2013, 10:00:27 PM »
Uzbekistan I'd think would be off the list because there's a sort of dictator there who isn't on the best terms with the US.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #323 on: June 07, 2013, 10:05:41 PM »
Thats's too bad. It seems like a cool place, with lots of ancient historical stuff

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #324 on: June 07, 2013, 10:06:46 PM »
Samarkand <3

I wanna see Samarkand and do some Tamerlane the Great related tasks <3