Author Topic: BB 15: No More Superpass??  (Read 3453 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
BB 15: No More Superpass??
« on: April 04, 2013, 01:29:13 AM »
Big Brother live feeds moving to CBS.com

by Andy Dehnart / April 4, 2013, 12:30 AM   

For the show’s 15th season, Big Brother’s live 24/7/except-when-they’re-censored feeds will be hosted on CBS web site, not on RealNetworks SuperPass, as they have been for the past 13 seasons.  Hamsterwatch broke the news on Twitter, noting that “for the 1st time since BB2, #BB15 live feeds won’t be on SuperPass.” The site didn’t provide additional details.

However, a letter sent to affiliates (web sites that receive payment when users they refer sign up for the service) from a RealNetworks representative said that this summer, “the Big Brother Live Feed will have a new home this season on CBS.com.”
The letter said that CBS “plans to continue with an affiliate marketing program,” because those at CBS Interactive “understand the critical role you play in generating the interest and subscribers for this product.” It added that affiliates’ “support has been critical to building a large and vibrant community of Big Brother Live Feeds subscribers.”

That means there will most likely still be a charge for the feeds, because it wouldn’t make sense for CBS to pay affiliates for referrals that did not result in a transaction. Last summer, ABC’s Glass House offered free live feeds on its site, but only broadcast at certain times.

Read more here:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/big_brother_15/2013_Apr_04_live-feed-change
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: BB 15: No More Superpass??
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 09:57:27 AM »
Changes, changes, changes. It will seem odd not to deal with SuperPass but we will adjust. Just keep reading here and we will update you as to the changes including buying the feeds. (Buying the feeds here helps fund the forum for the year and it's important to us!)  :hrt:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 04:07:51 PM »
Ugh.  I hope it works better for me than everything else on their website. 

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 05:08:14 PM »
There are lots of rumors out there  regarding what is going on with the live feeds so unless you see a post from CBS directly. Do not  believe the hype :lol3:

News should be coming out by the end of the month as they would need to generate sales for a possible Early Bird purchase

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 11:18:59 PM »
I believe I heard a commercial during CBS tonight for BB with a premiere date of June 26th. Can anyone confirm?
-- theschnauzers

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 11:25:20 PM »
Yeap!! 2 weeks earlier than normal

I believe I heard a commercial during CBS tonight for BB with a premiere date of June 26th. Can anyone confirm?