Author Topic: TAR 22 Ep 7 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 28984 times)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I wonder if the original task in TAR14 was planned to have snow on the ground or not?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wonder if the original task in TAR14 was planned to have snow on the ground or not?

Perhaps they didn't want snow. They started that season earlier than usual.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Something I just realized (and checked the placements after the first leg) -- all of the express pass alliance teams who planned to target Bates and Anthony are now out of the Race.

Wasn't Chynona in that alliance?

NoluckBoston

Whats better than two teams fighting it out not to get eliminated? Three teams.

This was a great leg. I loved all the TAR music too.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
PHil retweeted, so can you!! :yess:

ALL the ROYAL TREE LODGE profits go to #LoveBotswana work.  Pls RT & donate to help TAR22 give back!! http://bit.ly/16aRbFz
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

laimis

Something I just realized (and checked the placements after the first leg) -- all of the express pass alliance teams who planned to target Bates and Anthony are now out of the Race.

then they're the last ones to go xp

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood

then they're the last ones to go xp
:haha

Here's hoping Chuck & Wynona continue bottom-goddessing to F3 :D
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
that was definitely the BEST episode so far. i'm glad Joey & Meghan team #5  :yess:  i thought they were last

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Pam & Winnie :(

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly

Perhaps they didn't want snow. They started that season earlier than usual.

TAR 22 was filmed about two weeks later into November than TAR 14, and that could be enough to have snow in Europe, especially in Switzerland.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ruadhan

• RFF Not So Newbie
that was probably the tensest ending of an episode in a looooong while.. Awesome

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
**** I spoiled myself. PAM AND WINNIE GOT ELIMINATED SHOCKER. :ascared

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
That's three teams with good averages who have won a leg getting eliminated. And if Bates and Anthony stop winning the legs, we might have as many (or even more) legs winner than last season, which had the final 6 teams winning one leg each at least.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Looks like Wam's U-Turn Karma finally caught up to them. Now I wonder...how long was the delay for C/J and M/K to pay their tickets? That could help explain exactly how bad M/J's navigational skills are. And based on the preview, Wynona probably will regret not taking one of the running Detours instead of saving Chuck for a climbing one. Unless there's another shocking surprise, I think Chuck & Wynona are the ones that will be eliminated next leg.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
Isn't Chuck still allowed to do one more Roadblock?

Most of the team in Final 6 have 5-3 combination Roadblocks (Max & Katie, Caroline & Jennifer, Joey & Meghan, Chuck & Wynona)
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Since TAR is probably going to follow a pattern of double-Roadblocks in the first/last leg.. he probably has 2 left.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The thing is, if Chuck does another one, they wouldn't have any choice at all later in the game.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
To Pam and Winnie, since when do Hippos have a rhino horn? I reckon they did not realize they
 missed seeing an animal. I love that Chuck and Wynona make it to Europe. It is too bad Wynona
did not do some of the earlier less physical roadblocks.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
O M F G I watched the episode live so I got to live through all the excitement! LOL at all of you complaining about linear legs and it ended up being the best episode this season! So much drama and suspense! I was literally on the edge of my seat at the end. SO shocked that Pam & Winnie are out, and also disappointed because they were strong, smart and funny - one of my favourite teams that were left. OH WELL anyway the FF was decent, RB was challenging but could've been more interesting, and a very photogenic Detour DONKEYS <333333333 I'm loving this season, it's so unpredictable and it's been such a fun ride! Can't wait for Europe!

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
But those baby goats were the creme de la creme of comedy.

Somewhere, Josh & Brent smile and nod approvingly. :)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
During the Roadblock, I was not certain that Chuck & Wynonna had 2 goats.  Did anyone else think this or do I need to rewatch the episode and find the missing goat?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That one was of the best episodes TAR has shown in a couple of seasons. Great race at the end between Joey & Meghan and Max & Katie. It reminded me of the chariot racing from Ben-Hur.

For what it's worth, and I don't know if this was discussed elsewhere, but I checked out the currency conversion between US dollars and Botswana Pula. I'm not sure what the rates were in November, but right now 820 Pula = $99.63 US. So, the show had it about right, give or take a few cents.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
i just love how all the remaining teams was/is/will be bottomgod/dessesing..

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
During the Roadblock, I was not certain that Chuck & Wynonna had 2 goats.  Did anyone else think this or do I need to rewatch the episode and find the missing goat?
Nope - 2 goats - remember the 2nd goat got away and Wynona had to chase after it?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Plenty of sun out for 5.39AM...
Why not? Official sunrise for Maun, not that far from the Equator, was 537am for each day in late November 2012.