Author Topic: THE AMAZING RACE ETHICS THREAD  (Read 23545 times)

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: THE AMAZING RACE ETHICS THREAD
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 10:55:05 AM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned about the Twinnies "stealing" the rockers' money.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 10:59:25 AM »
Not a topic of discussion yet. LOL. I can set it as poll though, if people are interested with this topic.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 04:09:03 PM »
<3 this.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 11:54:52 PM »
POLL RESULTS:

Do you approve of what Connor had done?
Yes 24 (55.8%)
No 19 (44.2%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Seems like more people didn't have issue with Dave and Connor peeping at Pamela and Winnie's answer!

NEXT! :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »
NEW POLL:

Do you think that Nadiya and Natalie and Trey and Lexi were at fault for taking James and Abba's money?

James and Abba can only blame themselves for losing their money.
Nadiya and Natalie were solely at fault. James and Abba would have gone back and searched for their money.
Both Twinnie and Trexie were at fault. Trexie, why did you even agree to split the money?

Vote away!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2013, 07:39:47 AM »
I don't think the Twinnies or Trey & Lexi were at fault for why James and Abba lost their money. I just think it would be a nice act in general just to give it back to the Rockers rather than keeping it.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2013, 11:00:23 AM »
Trey/Lexi are out of the picture since they were forced into this. James/Abba should keep track of their stuff, but taking money is a little different than taking a taxi or copying someone, or telling a local to play dumb when asked directions.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2013, 11:23:36 AM »
Trey/Lexi are out of the picture since they were forced into this. James/Abba should keep track of their stuff, but taking money is a little different than taking a taxi or copying someone, or telling a local to play dumb when asked directions.

Your argument is invalid. Trey and Lexi took the money willingly. :res: (Don't mind me, I'm a Trexie fan but the words "they were forced into this" made me -_-)

So, your point is... who's at fault here?

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2013, 11:26:30 AM »
THIS, AGAIN? :groan:

no one
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2013, 11:38:52 AM »

Your argument is invalid. Trey and Lexi took the money willingly. :res: (Don't mind me, I'm a Trexie fan but the words "they were forced into this" made me -_-)

So, your point is... who's at fault here?
Well Trexie did accept the money, but the alliance with NaNa basically made them do it. I could be wrong, but i think at first Trexie were skeptical. And for your question, i find NaNa at fault since taking money is more sever than the stuff i listed at the end.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2013, 12:15:27 PM »
It was wrong and made them BEG in a poor country.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »
Remembering back to all-stars, a couple teams were ignored and helpless in Poland for some reason, mentionably Charla & Mirna to the point of Mirna tearing up. I believe this is to be answered in the ethics area since this is the race's past controversy I need help on:

"Do you think the Polish locals should have helped Charla & Mirna with directions and simple questions than just ignoring, "no"ing, and giggling at them?"
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2013, 01:43:50 PM »
Remembering back to all-stars, a couple teams were ignored and helpless in Poland for some reason, mentionably Charla & Mirna to the point of Mirna tearing up. I believe this is to be answered in the ethics area since this is the race's past controversy I need help on:

"Do you think the Polish locals should have helped Charla & Mirna with directions and simple questions than just ignoring, "no"ing, and giggling at them?"
No because Mirna was hyperventilating and they were afraid of her

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2013, 05:03:14 PM »
If we're talking within the show: if the rules allow it, go for it. Teams should be allowed to pick their own morality as long as they remain lawful.

Example:
Boston Rob bribing the bus driver not to open the back door of the bus (allowed by the rules) vs. Mark & Michael hiding the tools for a task (against the rules)

While I'm certainly not a Rob 'n Ambuh fan, it was a tactic. As far as the twinnies go. James & Abba dropped the money, there was no way to mark it as theirs (as if it had been say, inside their fanny pack). While the Twinnies could have returned the money, they had no moral obligation, specially since they cleared it with production.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:06:24 PM by Dånooky »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2013, 05:24:14 PM »
While the Twinnies could have returned the money, they had no moral obligation, specially since they cleared it with production.

:jam: We have a winner. Morally wrong of Nadiya and Natalie, but nothing wrong with them taking the money since they cleared it with production.

ALTHOUGH I still disapprove them for it. :lol3:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2013, 02:12:40 PM »
It was wrong and made them BEG in a poor country.
Yes, it was wrong but the begging done by James and Abba in Bangladesh was one of the most positive experiences they had on AR21 as I remember it happening. You would think that in such a poor country it would have been morally wrong idea to beg from the locals, but many locals seemed to enjoy being part of the process (and maybe the possibility of getting on American television helped them). They were certainly generous and I believe James and Abba got more money than they lost.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2013, 02:16:58 PM »
Oh please. They only got the money because they were in their bags and being followed by a camera crew. If they were just normal people walking on the streets , i DOUBT people would give out the money just like that. Let's just think for a moment : Do you think those people would give out the money if YOU were there , without your staff and just walking normally? I don't really think so.

Not trying to be ofensive here , but let's think for a moment.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2013, 03:47:37 PM »
Begging for money for a chance to win a million dollars should never happen, especially when it's in countries with a high level of poverty. What the Twins/Trey & Lexie did was perfectly fine by the rules but extremely wrong morally.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2013, 04:26:55 PM »
^^agree. But yes, people DO spontaneously do give $$$ out to racers!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2013, 06:54:24 AM »
Both parties were at fault. The money didn't belong to them period.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 07:42:59 AM »
James & Abba did 'lose' the money. I mean, taking reverse with the point that Twinnies shouldn't have taken the money because it resulted to James & Abba having to beg in a poverty-stricken area, James & Abba should have realized that they needed to grip more tightly on their money than usual because they were in an economically poor country.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2013, 04:48:12 AM »
It's time to bring back the ethics thread!

I know the cab driver took out Jamy's bags and it's not against race rules for Timarie to take their cab in that circumstance.

BUT, Tim and Marie could have done a bunny and chose to find their own cab. At the same time, it's Timarie... so it's not really surprising.

So, what do you think? Would you have taken the cab... or would you have done a Nicky and Kim and find your own cab?

Discuss away!

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2013, 04:52:53 AM »
Tim and Mare did take the cab knowingly so in my books it's a no-no and I am surprised that they didn't get a penalty.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2013, 04:56:05 AM »
The question here I'm more puzzled with is... why did the cab driver take out their bags? :O

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2013, 05:34:18 AM »
I think Tim and Marie took the risk of making it by their own. In this circumstance, I understand there was not a major benefit. If it was a final leg, with the million right there, it would be another thing. So, I think it's not bad done.

If I see a taxi without bags INSIDE, whhy do I have to go to search for another one? I am in a race, yeah, and Timarie had already had some trouble with taxi finding prior in the leg. I would've done it if necessary.