Author Topic: TAR 22 EP 12 FINALE (DC) "Beacon of Hope"  (Read 41002 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 22 EP 12 FINALE (DC) "Beacon of Hope"
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2013, 05:33:06 AM »
+ I think whatever Phil says about the finale gonna be unpredictable... it means we are supposed to think that Mona and Beth win, so that when Bates and Anthony wins... it's gonna be unpredictable. :lol3:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2013, 05:36:15 AM »
+ I think whatever Phil says about the finale gonna be unpredictable... it means we are supposed to think that Mona and Beth win, so that when Bates and Anthony wins... it's gonna be unpredictable. :lol3:

I also think it's probs people expect Maxie or MoBeth is....

Maxie:
-Great performances on the last three legs. They DID win them.
-Fans expect a great team with a great edit to win for once.

MoBeth:
-They have a Beekmans edit, which means their edit is hit/miss.
-Fans expect people with the Beekman edit to win.

So I guess no one expected Hockey to win. And they did. :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2013, 06:19:38 AM »
So I guess no one expected Hockey to win. And they did.

Lol, I guess there are more people expecting Maxie to win for sure. But I don't think half of these people will think that a Hockey win is "unexpected"... you see.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2013, 10:41:31 AM »
Great Final :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2013, 11:17:20 AM »
On that note, I was right. According to ratings, so far, this season finale of TAR rated lower than last Spring's finale.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2013, 04:24:34 PM »
Just about my favorite scene in the race was at the pub in Euston. Max was channeling his inner Gus and wanting to stay long enough to finish the beer and Katie said NO!...........LOL

I dont understand why she wanted to get to Heathrow so early....since the brothers were 2 hours behind them. Poor Max
Matthew 7:15

Offline Washingtonian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2013, 06:50:03 AM »
If this is not the proper place, please move it.

Two of my DC friends and I watch the finale every season at their house, and they were out of the country when the finale aired, so we watched this past weekend.

If I was on this show, I knew where every single location was and wouldn't have had to ask anyone anything.  Haines Point and Nationals Park are a mile from each other, that should have been a running thing, not a cab. Mount Vernon is about 20 miles south of DC off GW Parkway, so unless someone's cab was really bad, no way could one get lost.  Washington Flyer is not a cheap cab (one of the teams was in it leaving Dulles) but I don't recall how much money these teams got at the start of this leg. The Tidal Basin is about 2 miles long (it's a big circle). 

I am happy TAR finally started or finished in DC, way overdue.

Offline bob13bob

• RFF Newbie
is it just me, or is the last episode disappointingly fixed?
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2013, 12:49:28 PM »
The leg with the agents with briefcases.  The hockey brothers came across theirs quickly while the other teams struggled.   This allowed them to finish the final task before the other teams even started it.  The producers obviously controlled which agent went first.   This was a skill less task.  It should have at least been randomized...

Took all the drama out of such a close race, I feel very cheated.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »
:welcome: to RFF Bob!

From what the racers said, it was very random as the "spies" did not walk in a set direction. So really just luck of the draw. Max commented on this in his interviews, check out that thread?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2013, 07:58:10 AM »
just wondering... is this the first time that 2 teams saved by NEL (Mona & Beth and Max & Katie) made it to the final 3??
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:58:27 PM by nyoman_sb1 »

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2013, 09:01:37 AM »
Season 2: Chris & Alex / Tara & Will
Season 4 : Kelli & John / David & Jeff
Season 5: Collin & Christia / Brandon & Nicole
Season 7: Uchenna & Joyce (but it was the penultimate leg) / Ron & Kelly
Season 8: Branzen Family / Weaver Family
Season 9: BJ & Tyler / Ray & Yolanda (but it was the penultimate leg)
Season 13: Ken & Tina / Dan & Andrew

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2013, 07:08:05 PM »
CBS.com released the pics from the final:

Running to the finish line in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
Roller Derby moms Mona (left) and Beth (right) race to the finish line at the historic home of President George Washington in Mount Vernon, Virginia on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Phil Keoghan greets the final three teams in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
Host Phil Keoghan (far left) greets (l-R) Roller Derby Moms Mona and Beth, Newlyweds Max and Katie and hockey brothers Bates and Anthony at the finish line at the historic home of President George Washington in Mount Vernon, Virginia on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Steps at the Lincoln Memorial in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
At the Route Marker, Newlyweds Max (left) and Katie (right) read the next clue on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Reading a clue in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
In this Road Block, Roller Derby moms Mona (left) and Beth (right) must search among fifty "spies" for a briefcase containing the next clue on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Searching among spies in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
In this Road Block, Roller Derby moms Mona (left) and Beth (right) must search among fifty "spies" for a briefcase containing the next clue on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Max and Katie in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
In this Road Block, Newlyweds Max (left) and Katie (right) must search among fifty "spies" for a briefcase containing the next clue on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. hoto: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

The finish line in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
Host Phil Keoghan (left) greets hockey brothers Bates (center) and Anthony (right) at the finish line at the historic home of President George Washington in Mount Vernon, Virginia on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Phil in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
Emmy award winning host Phil Keoghan at the end city of Washington, DC on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Rob Vuona/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2013, 07:08:29 PM »
More press pics!

Steps of the Lincoln Memorial in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
At the Route Marker, Hockey brothers Anthony (left) and Bates (right) search for the next clue on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Bates in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
In this Road Block, Bates (center) must search among fifty "spies" for a briefcase containing the next clue on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Beth in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
In this Road Block, Beth must search among fifty "spies" for a briefcase containing the next clue on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Running to the mat in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
Hockey brothers Anthony (left) and Bates (right) race to the finish line at the historic home of President George Washington in Mount Vernon, Virginia on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Phil Keoghan waits on the mat in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
Emmy winning host Phil Keoghan greets the winners at the finish line at the historic home of President George Washington in Mount Vernon, Virginia on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Bates and Anthony win in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
Host Phil Keoghan (left) greets hockey brothers Bates (center) and Anthony (right) at the finish line at the historic home of President George Washington in Mount Vernon, Virginia on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

On the mat in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"

Bates and Anthony celebrate in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"

Max and Katie in the season finale of The Amazing Race "Beacon of Hope"
Newlyweds Max (left) and Katie (right) race to the finish line at the historic home of President George Washington in Mount Vernon, Virginia on the 22nd season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Heather Wines/CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:23:51 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez