Author Topic: TAR 22 EP 10 "Working Our Barrels Off"  (Read 66900 times)

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
Re: TAR 22 EP 10 "Working Our Barrels Off"
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2013, 01:34:11 PM »
-
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:05:03 PM by BuuYaa »
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2013, 02:03:09 PM »
Your whole statement is totally wrong. Why? Because of this:

the numbers in shirts of brunettes could mean something?

Yes they do!! :hearts:

photocredit kiwi and Chateau

MEET Elizabeth (Beth) Bandimere and Mona Hinman-Egender from Colorado!

Working Moms by day...and Roller Derby Queens by night!

Both are members of  the 5280 Fight Club, which is the Travel team for the Rocky Mountain RollerGirls, which is a women's flat-track roller derby league based in Denver, Colorado. The 5280 Fight Club is the all-star A squad for the Rocky Mountain Rollergirls and represents the league in national and international competitive bouts.

Thanks to this delightful and comprehensive article, we know that Beth is a mother of 3, works in a bank, and is "tough as nails"!

http://www.teatime-mag.com/magazines/10-de/a-day-in-the-life/

She skates under the name Fiona Grapple and is #31:

photo credit April O'Hare

Mona skates under the name Triple Shot Misto and is # 7423:

photocredit April O'hare

photocredit to joerollerfan:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rollerfan/6329849894/

The two of them together look to be a powerhouse team!

photocredit to joerollerfan:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rollerfan/6422478989/

The one performing the RB is Mona, not Beth.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2013, 02:06:21 PM »
yeah my bad i mislooked mona for beth

my bad

the whole post is cleared now

thanks for the clarification <3
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2013, 02:10:20 PM »
yeah my bad i mislooked mona for beth

my bad

the whole post is cleared now

thanks for the clarification <3

Anyway, I rechecking the RBs in each episode just in case.  ;)
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2013, 02:31:19 PM »
BuuYaa, the RB count for Mona & Beth until Leg 9 is 5-5:

Mona did the first RB in Bora Bora leg 1, in New Zealand, in Indonesia, in the first Botswana leg and in Switzerland.
Beth did the second RB in Bora Bora leg 1, in the second Bora Bora leg, in Vietnam, in the second Botswana leg and in Germany.

Offline NickNaTaw

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2013, 03:18:55 PM »
I strongly believe Max & Katie are one of the teams U-turned. Max looks really upset in the preview where he says "I'm not shedding any tears". They're probably driving back to the detour after seeing they were U-turned at this point. All the tasks seem close together and I don't think it would be very hard to navigate Scotland, so I don't think it's because their lost. Plus we see them at the speed bump at the same time as Mona/Beth.

Joey & Meghan appear to be one of the later teams (or second) to get to the RB/detour since we can see them getting out of their car in #20, and there's already another team parked.

Mona & Beth also don't seem that far behind by looking at the above pictures. The speed bump is at most going to be a 20min diversion. I feel like there's been so much foreshadowing (especially at the end of last week's episode) for them to U-turn the hockey players. I think the two teams that end up getting U-turned are Max/Katie & Bates/Anthony.

I think you're spot on. When you compare both promos, we can tell that Joey/Meghan, Beth/Mona, and Carol/Jen (speculation) are at the roadblock with the bagpipes at the same time in the 2nd promo. In the first promo, they show Max and Bates playing the bagpipes. I don't want to jump to any hasty conclusions, but I too think Maxie and the hockey team are U-turned. If this is true, we can assume the hockey brothers are sent home (as long as the sightings of Maxie in DC are still true).  Plus, the editors have foreshadowed this U-turn for the hockey brothers for a couple of episodes now. The waiting is going to be torture for this episode!  :tantrum

uumm... actually both Max&Katie and Bates&Anthony were spotted in DC so...   :crazy:
we don't know though whether they were both decoys or just one of'em was or even they were both actually racing as final three

Unless the promo isn't misleading, then probably Max&Katie and Anthony&Bates were in fact, U-TURNED. When we see Anthony&Bates got their DT clue, Mona&Beth's speed bump clue were actually still there. So we know that they were ahead of Mona&Beth. Isn't it more logical for them to  U-TURN Mona&Beth instead of Max&Katie. Mona and Beth already had a speed bump to begin with.

Well unless Mona&Beth somehow passed'em at either DT, then I guess It makes sense to U-TURN another team.

I think Anthony and Bates would U-turn Max/Katie before they would U-turn Mona/Beth. Mainly because of what happened in Berlin. You know, when Mona/Beth told them where the clue was at that gate and basically led them to the pitstop. Maybe the Hockey brothers felt like they needed to repay them somehow (even though it's a race). But I am definitely not sure. The outcome of this episode will definitely show whether or not the rest of the spoilers are true. As for the sightings in D.C., we can never be sure. First, some of the sighted teams could be decoys. One of the people in D.C. who saw the Hockey bros noticed they weren't in a big hurry compared to the Mona/Beth and Max/Katie sighting, so that could mean something. Also, were Carol/Jen ever sighted in D.C.? Or Joey/Meghan? Because I would have assumed they would both be decoys, otherwise if only 3 teams were sighted it's pretty much a dead giveaway. But maybe the third team (if the hockey team was eliminated) was just farther behind/ahead than the other two teams. But that seems unlikely for both country singers and team youtube. So we'll just have to wait and see....

jiajia12

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »
Old alliance square off (I see it as both youtube and rollers gets uturned)
Max and Katie uturn Meghan&Joey
Caroline and Jenn uturn Rollerderby

and the storyline comes to play again (no one targets the hockey players  :lol3:)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2013, 09:11:53 PM »
New TV promo up in post #2! Joey and Mona together, laughing!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2013, 10:21:00 PM »
TV Promo caps:

Question---time on the clock?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2013, 10:36:45 PM »
It looks like 4:00 PM! :O

What if they really did have a lead?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2013, 10:39:05 PM »
They both look pretty happy!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2013, 10:42:46 PM »

What if, for once, promos didn't lie? :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ruadhan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2013, 10:57:38 PM »
I just don't understand why its bright outside in all the clips we have especially if teams only got in at 4.. its even a stretch for it to be bright that long if they all got in at 1.. I hope there isnt some stupid HoO. Im not sure about them having a lead cos of the visible clue still on the speedbump sign when maxie and brothers pass it... maybe its just decoration or something tho haha

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2013, 11:11:00 PM »
Here are the pics corresponding to Scotland from the Intro:

Offline NickNaTaw

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2013, 01:45:15 AM »

Agreed. IMO, they look too happy to be fighting for last.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2013, 03:04:16 AM »

Agreed. IMO, they look too happy to be fighting for last.

Unless the Roadblock is before the Detour.  :stare

Offline Stylemikro

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2013, 05:39:24 AM »

What if, for once, promos didn't lie? :D

Something is missing here. I don't know, but there is plenty of daylight when Caroline and Jennifer are performing the RB. But on the other hands, it seems that they (Moms and Youtube) are really happy as if they were the first ones to arrive. I am so confused. And about the Speed Bump Position...everything seems damn confusing. Maybe they thought they had a huge lead of 3 hours, but they were able to arrive within some minutes after them I don't know. (That "clue" in the Speed Bump is killing my predictions)

And the clock in the picture: It seems to me that the clock is positioned either in 1:30pm, 2:30pm or 3:30pm. What are your guesses here?

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2013, 06:14:53 AM »
In the caps for the first promo, pics 20,21,32-38 and 53-56 all show the sun being low in the sky from the angle of the light which would probably put the time at being 3-4pm.

I have found a photo of Arthur's Seat taken on the 4th of December:

Arthur's Seat by Jowisth, on Flickr
and the exif data here shows the photo was taken at 15:31

This photo was taken at 17:08:

Scott Monument by Jowisth, on Flickr

So this shows that while sunset was 3:42pm there was still a lot of light during late afternoon.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2013, 07:23:29 AM »

(That "clue" in the Speed Bump is killing my predictions)

What clue in the speedbump? ???

Max already has a clue in his hand.

I am not clear on what you mean, can you show me please?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline NickNaTaw

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2013, 10:34:37 AM »

(That "clue" in the Speed Bump is killing my predictions)

What clue in the speedbump? ???

Max already has a clue in his hand.

I am not clear on what you mean, can you show me please?

I'm fairy certain they're referring to this cap where the speedbump clue is clearly visible. Is it possible that it's just an extra clue? Do they normally put an extra one with speedbumps like they do in the regular clue boxes?

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2013, 11:38:20 AM »
I'm trying to remember, isn't the speed bump usually completed before they can do any of the other tasks?  I'm wondering if Mona/Beth and Joey/Meghan thought they had a good lead, but ended up being slightly delayed with the second flight coming in early.  Then it could all rely on their sense of direction and if they stick together they could both end up behind the other 3 teams.

For the life of me, I can't see how you guys can see the time on those clocks.  I'm impressed.

It'll be interesting to see exactly what the specifics of the bagpipe task are.  First impression is that Bates & Anthony, Mona & Beth would be pretty good at it because they are involved in demanding sports and should have stamina and good lung capacity.  Same with Caroline & Jennifer who should also have an advantage because they have an ear for music and controlled breathing that is required to sing well.  Although they appear to be struggling.  I don't know about Max & Katie, did we see which one was doing the task?  If it's Max, I would think he might have a problem with it because (if I recall correctly) he likes his cigars.  I'm not sure Meghan has the endurance to pull off the task easily.  I guess all I can say for sure is this is probably the first and last time in my life that the sound of bagpipes won't bring tears to my eyes, unless of course they are all really that awful.

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2013, 01:41:32 PM »

Working Our Barrels Off"--In Detour A, Newlyweds Max (center) and Katie (right) must prepare and eat Scotland's national dish, Haggis, in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Working Our Barrels Off"--In Detour A, Roller Derby moms Mona (left) and Beth (right) must prepare and eat Scotland's national dish, Haggis, in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Working Our Barrels Off"--In Detour B, Hockey brothers Anthony (left) and Bates (right) must deliver eight barrels of Scotch whisky to the Whisky Festival held in Duddingston Village, in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Working Our Barrels Off"--In Detour A, Country singers Caroline (center) and Jennifer (right)must prepare and eat Scotland's national dish, Haggis, in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

jiajia12

« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2013, 02:46:11 PM »
I can see Meghan just failed the RB, and that's why we never see J/M performing anything else :hug?:

laimis

« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2013, 03:03:38 PM »
um no O_o and no hug for u
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:53:59 AM by Laimis »