Author Topic: TAR 22 EP 8 "My Cheese is Out of Control"  (Read 41180 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Re: TAR 22 EP 8 "My Cheese is Out of Control"
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2013, 09:37:07 AM »
A season has never had its final NEL/TBC with 6 teams, as of what I remember. I don't see that coming. at all.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2013, 10:13:43 AM »
Press pics:

Mona and Beth in "My Cheese is Out of Control" Episode 8 of Season 22

In this Active Route Marker, Roller Derby moms Beth (left) and Mona (right) must transport 200 pounds of cheese using a Swiss mountain sled on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Chuck and Wynona in "My Cheese is Out of Control" Episode 8 of Season 22

In this Active Route Marker, Married couple Chuck (left) and Wynona (right) must transport 200 pounds of cheese using a Swiss mountain sled on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Transporting cheese in "My Cheese is Out of Control" Episode 8 of Season 22

In this Active Route Marker, Married couple Chuck (left) and Wynona (right) must transport 200 pounds of cheese using a Swiss mountain sled on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Caroline and Jennifer in "My Cheese is Out of Control" Episode 8 of Season 22

In this Route Marker, Country singers Caroline (left) and Jennifer (right) must deliver a St. Bernard to a mountain rescue team on the Aletschgletscher the search the oObservatory for the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Max and Katie in "My Cheese is Out of Control" Episode 8 of Season 22

In this Active Route Marker, Newlyweds Max (left) and Katie (right) must transport 200 pounds of cheese using a Swiss mountain sled on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2013, 10:13:48 AM »

Will this be one of our Doggies?

I took this picture of a St. Bernard in the lobby of an Interlaken hotel in the summer of 2010.   :)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:36:34 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2013, 10:21:07 AM »
Press pics:

Mona and Beth in "My Cheese is Out of Control" Episode 8 of Season 22

In this Active Route Marker, Roller Derby moms Beth (left) and Mona (right) must transport 200 pounds of cheese using a Swiss mountain sled on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Chuck and Wynona in "My Cheese is Out of Control" Episode 8 of Season 22

Transporting cheese in "My Cheese is Out of Control" Episode 8 of Season 22

Caroline and Jennifer in "My Cheese is Out of Control" Episode 8 of Season 22

In this Route Marker, Country singers Caroline (left) and Jennifer (right) must deliver a St. Bernard to a mountain rescue team on the Aletschgletscher the search the oObservatory for the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Max and Katie in "My Cheese is Out of Control" Episode 8 of Season 22

In this Active Route Marker, Newlyweds Max (left) and Katie (right) must transport 200 pounds of cheese using a Swiss mountain sled on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Do we know where the oObservatory is? Is it Sphinx Observatory????
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2013, 10:27:35 AM »
The building in the background of this shot is the Hotel Bodenwald (Panoramio)

It is located at the bottom center, right under the word "image" is this GE shot:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2013, 10:31:35 AM »
Do we know where the oObservatory is? Is it Sphinx Observatory????

Probably.  We know they have to go up there for the Roadblock.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2013, 10:46:36 AM »
The Aletschgletscher (Aletsch Glacier) is the glacier that flows down the south side of these peaks. The Sphinx Observatory is right at the top of the glacier. So, as Chateau says, it is probably the "observatory" mentioned in the clue. The clue is probably the instructions to go to the Roadblock, imo.
Matthew 7:15

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2013, 11:09:33 AM »
No Detour?  :stare

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2013, 12:00:29 PM »
No Detour?  :stare

There is probably not enough time. They are doing two team tasks and a RB as it is.

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2013, 02:18:21 PM »
A season has never had its final NEL/TBC with 6 teams, as of what I remember. I don't see that coming. at all.

Unfinished Business

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2013, 12:15:49 AM »
This photo is taken from the front of the Hotel Bodenwald, looking up at the cheesehill, in the summertime.

The base of the Eiger/Monch is to the upper left.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2013, 11:34:47 AM »

Unfinished Business

Lol. The only one? I don't think they will spend the last NEL now, but who knows. ???

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2013, 02:51:53 PM »
From  the TAR FB page:

Remember when Margie & Luke led the pack in the grueling cheese wheel challenge in season 14? Get ready for a Switchback challenge this Sunday when the Racers must do the same... on a hillside deep in snow!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2013, 03:07:40 PM »
Is it me or does the hill look much steeper this time around.

Though last time their wooden things (Idk what they were :lol: ) to hold the cheese weren't really strong enough.. it looks as this time the sleds are much stronger and might make it a little easier.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2013, 03:22:54 PM »
IIRC, the wooden sleds last time were described in terms that suggested that they weren't in great shape, and could easily fall apart.

Since it is understood that the location is not identical (like a different hillside in the same neighborhood) the angle might be a little different; but the big difference is the presence of a pretty hefty snowpack on the hillsides, and in the whole area in fact.

I'm going to check Weather Underground and see if we have any information on how deep that snowpack was on the apparent day of filming.

Edit: The closest location I could find with weather information near the Eiger mountain was Grindelwald, Grindelwald, Kt. Bern. However, I can't find daily precipitation information at that location especially during the five days between the listed timeline dates for the prior and the subsequent days. The only Interlachen station I could find with information is next to a lake, and that doesn't help.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:59:11 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2013, 06:38:50 PM »
I imagine that the cheese challenge was much safer this time due to the energy absorbing nature of the snow.  It would tend to slow down the rolling cheese wheel should it get away.

The cheese racks that they used in Season 14 were made especially for the task with intentional weaknesses.  This is what I learned by talking to one of the local craftsmen who made them (summer of 2010). 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2013, 12:47:05 AM »
Sneak Peek promo is up in post 2!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28583.msg851314.html#msg851314

Hope to be able to improve the quality...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2013, 06:01:39 AM »

Edit: The closest location I could find with weather information near the Eiger mountain was Grindelwald, Grindelwald, Kt. Bern. However, I can't find daily precipitation information at that location especially during the five days between the listed timeline dates for the prior and the subsequent days. The only Interlachen station I could find with information is next to a lake, and that doesn't help.

I have found historical weather information for Visp, which would be roughly the same as for Brig and Grindelwald. For Visp, the minimum temperature did not drop below freezing until Oct. 28, when huge precipitation occurred. It stayed below freezing on min. temp until Nov. 25. The next major precipitation occurred on Nov. 28 when the min. temp was 3 degree centigrade.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2013, 11:38:02 AM »
Peach, is this the same one you posted yesterday?

The Amazing Race - My Cheese is Out of Control (Sneak Peek)

Teams race through Switzerland where they grapple with giant wheels of cheese in a return to a classic Race challenge "Switchback," and Racers are on the edge when they dangle thousands of feet in the air traversing the north face of Eiger mountain on the next episode of The Amazing Race airing Sunday at 8/7c. Only CBS

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/smsNeMLToaY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/smsNeMLToaY</a>

Offline ruadhan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2013, 12:17:11 PM »
why is joey the only one with a travelocity gnome??

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2013, 12:21:02 PM »
The other teams probably kept it at the bottom of the hill or wherever they came from (a car.. or something).. and I guess Joey decided to carry the gnome with him :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2013, 03:27:26 PM »
No, they all seem to have their gnomes on the slope. I'll try to do some caps tonight.

And yes, thank you Will! We have it.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2013, 05:26:19 PM »
I guess adding the gnomes was bound to make it impossible to careful navigate the cheese wheels down the slope without falling off or losing control.

Hopefully no gnomes were damaged during the task. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2013, 05:35:40 AM »
I guess adding the gnomes was bound to make it impossible to careful navigate the cheese wheels down the slope without falling off or losing control.

Hopefully no gnomes were damaged racers were injured during the task. :)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2013, 07:31:41 AM »
why is joey the only one with a travelocity gnome??

I have a feeling all the teams need to bring the gnome with them, but some messed up and didn't bring it, probably why I think Joey/Meghan win the leg.